WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to identify the owner of the property in the above map but I'm having no luck. I think that part of CLOQUALLUM is in Elma...is that correct?

I'v been trying to think about the perps possible personality profile and who might match my image. I came across some information on Mayor WB from the year 2000. I'v looked everywhere to see if this story has been posted but didn't find it anywhere. If this is a repeat forgive? After reading this I had some questions and thought it would be good to slueth because I couldn't find where the situation was settled if the Mayor was sued by the Police Chief Jim Reinhold after the mayor fired him. I believe the incident between the two men was in the year 2000. The Mayor had only been serving the citizens for one year when allegations were being swaped bitterly between the two. Up until 1999 Mayor WG had been a teacher for 34yrs. (Is he married?)write there in McCleary. I tried typing the very long link but to no avail. Try this though and I think it will work as it did for me. After a read through knowing what we know about SO's it makes one want to dig deeper into this even though we don't know where the allegations went. This is serious stuff a police chief accussing the mayor of 2 counts of child molestation. If the chief was able to move on in his career in Ruston as chief of police and his lawyer stating mayor made up lies. I'm assuming the mayor may have been teaching when the police chief may have made allegations? I'v shaken my head so much I look like Kathyrn Hepburn! Here you go www.The Free Library.com Once at the site type in these exact words "McCleary mayor dismisses Fire Chief who plans to sue" Click and it will state one entry and then click again. Going for popcorn! Let me know if it doesn't work.

Wish I could help ya. But I have no idea. :waitasec:

I've got to run out and get my son from work but I'll work on it when I get back..I don't think it's considered Elma...on the google earth map it's just above the line so what area would that be? Anybody? :smile:

I'm trying to identify the owner of the property in the above map but I'm having no luck. I think that part of CLOQUALLUM is in Elma...is that correct?

That's how I read it too, and when I Google Cloquallum Wa It shows up as A on the map but included in Elma as a city. Maybe it is a small hamlet on that W Cloquallum Rd. It parallels #108 going a bit NEasterly and hits 101 and then both roads converge in the town of Shelton.

Since that land appears to have been logged off within the last year or so {can still see where the logging trucks and equip worked the land} I would venture a guess it is owned either by the State, County or a huge timber firm like Simpson. They hold land differently I think for timber grants so it might be hard to track.

Running to the store but be back and will delve into that aspect. xox

PS: Don't we have a local who knows about the logging industry there and how it works? I think say Simpson owns a block of land. They harvest part of it, replant and move to the next area. It rotates continually and I believe they buy or lease that land where the payment of it is a % of the prodeeds from selling the timber. It is big business in the NW.

They control many parcels of land like this because it takes a number of years for the seeded areas to grow to maturity. It takes a lot of these parcels to keep a co like Simpson Timber a goin'. IMO

I've got to run out and get my son from work but I'll work on it when I get back..I don't think it's considered Elma...on the google earth map it's just above the line so what area would that be? Anybody? :smile:

I also saw Cloquallum listed as in the Shelton area. It ends up in Shelton Basically it looks like a long country road that connects the inner timberlands from Elma to Shelton, and all the little logging roads that connect to it allow for the logging operations to be able to harvest any of that land as those roads wind through all of it. A huge area.

If that's the road I'm thinking of, it has a gate right off Cloquallum Rd. That gate is usually closed, but may be open now for hunting, as a good majority of those gates are open. There is a garbage dump just before the gate and there isn't good visibility from the road... Although that may not be the right road, there is more than one in that area...I'll have to check my GPS in the morning to see if the information is still there.

DD

I'v been trying to think about the perps possible personality profile and who might match my image. I came across some information on Mayor WB from the year 2000. I'v looked everywhere to see if this story has been posted but didn't find it anywhere. If this is a repeat forgive? After reading this I had some questions and thought it would be good to slueth because I couldn't find where the situation was settled if the Mayor was sued by the Police Chief Jim Reinhold after the mayor fired him. I believe the incident between the two men was in the year 2000. The Mayor had only been serving the citizens for one year when allegations were being swaped bitterly between the two. Up until 1999 Mayor WG had been a teacher for 34yrs. (Is he married?)write there in McCleary. I tried typing the very long link but to no avail. Try this though and I think it will work as it did for me. After a read through knowing what we know about SO's it makes one want to dig deeper into this even though we don't know where the allegations went. This is serious stuff a police chief accussing the mayor of 2 counts of child molestation. If the chief was able to move on in his career in Ruston as chief of police and his lawyer stating mayor made up lies. I'm assuming the mayor may have been teaching when the police chief may have made allegations? I'v shaken my head so much I look like Kathyrn Hepburn! Here you go www.The Free Library.com Once at the site type in these exact words "McCleary mayor dismisses Fire Chief who plans to sue" Click and it will state one entry and then click again. Going for popcorn! Let me know if it doesn't work.

Hi Kagey,

What a time trying to find that article but here is the link:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/McCleary+mayor+dismisses+fire+chief,+who+plans+to+sue.-a065311171

Here is another source for the same report:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20000918&slug=4043118

Please remove the map's that have been posted. If the wrong person see's them it could be a bad thing. We don't want just anyone going out there and we don't want anything messed with until the area can be searched by someone who knows what they are doing. This could hurt the search for Lindsey!

Thank you for understanding

All maps posted by me have been removed.

Wow! Great find, Miss Karen! Quite a scandalous "skeleton in the closet" (as the astros say) for little McCleary, WA! No wonder some folks (like you) feel a weird vibe there. How would you know who to trust after a mess like that?

I did see "COPYRIGHT 2000 The Seattle Times", which suggests there's been plenty of time to heal...or, to forget. I wonder which McCleary did?

I know a bit about that situation, at least a bit about one of the persons involved. I won't elaborate here though, too public....and I don't think I can PM yet...

DD

I asked Destiney about this. She said there is not a sign-in log for visitors. But there is a sign-in/out list if someone comes to get someone who lives there and take them somewhere. They sign them out, and then back in.

Do they have a camera?

I know a bit about that situation, at least a bit about one of the persons involved. I won't elaborate here though, too public....and I don't think I can PM yet...

DD
Ill wait! Just make sure it's before Wally resigns in Dec. LOL! If you know his birthdate it would help alot, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member