WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to think we could find something on a surveillance camera, good thought Karenintheclaw. At my work, we only save security video for 90 days then it records over the older footage.

I was just wondering if some one has gone through town to see who has cameras. Does the grocery store, banks, cop shop, have cameras, any thing to look at for clues. We know the gas station cameras led now where. Maybe the perp was in side one of these places earlier in the day? Maybe we could see a possible white or silver van.

Yep, it's been done (according to the early reports from the LE)

After coming out and searching I just cant get Lindsey off my mind. I hope its just in front of us,and were missing it, but we need to find her.

I'm pretty sure the poster with the request is Amber Dubois's mom. After all she has and is going through, i'm sure she didn't mean it the way it was taken.

Thanks Eyes, I did not know that and now I understand. I knew she was active in the search for Lindsey but didn't know she was Onamission here. It's nice to meet you Onamission and thank you for all the good you do in both Lindsey and your daughters cases. xox

I can't find anymore to add to this anywhere on the net. It seemed like this story may have been settled out of court. I wonder in whose favor? Would there be court records of this dispute?

Thanks Eyes, I did not know that and now I understand. I knew she was active in the search for Lindsey but didn't know she was Onamission here. It's nice to meet you Onamission and thank you for all the good you do in both Lindsey and your daughters cases. xox

It is so nice to be able to come on this site and read positive and nice things said. It is refreshing! I just want to thank you all for trying so hard to figure stuff out it really does help us in our searches. You guys give us things that we may not have thought about so Thanks to you and everyone else here.
and thanks for caring so much about both girls:)

It is so nice to be able to come on this site and read positive and nice things said. It is refreshing! I just want to thank you all for trying so hard to figure stuff out it really does help us in our searches. You guys give us things that we may not have thought about so Thanks to you and everyone else here.

I can't even begin to express how very sorry I am for your family and what you must be going through. What a very special person your are to be helping in the search for Lindsey. My prayers are with you and all the other searchers...may Lindsey and Amber both come home.

I can't find anymore to add to this anywhere on the net. It seemed like this story may have been settled out of court. I wonder in whose favor? Would there be court records of this dispute?

You could make a Public Records Request Kagey.

You could make a Public Records Request Kagey.

When you consider that Lindsey was witnessed walking down Maple, last seen in front of the Beehive and his property is on the SE corner of Maple and 6th where Lindsey might have turned right, she either walked along the side of his house on Maple or in front of it on 6th. I think that would establish means in any court of law, don't you Kox?

Thanks Karen for youor find today. As sad as it is to learn I am sure it is something that investigators have looked at as well. xox

Hi, A month or so ago I heard John Walsh interviewed on a TV show and it was riveting.

He talked about how devastating it is being the parent of a missing child and no one really appreciates that as they have never experienced it.

He said the pressure was staggering to try and find Adam. And then after Adam was found, it was to find his killer. He and his wife almost, if not, got a divorce, filed bankrupsy [sp], lost his job and they had a real rough time. He also said this happens to more parents of missing children than we realize.

It is not the same to put one's self in another's shoes who is going thru this trauma when life has to continue on. My heart goes out to you as Amber's aunt for dedicating yourself to assisting in finding these children of ours. And my heart goes out to Melissa too. xox

Well, since the Mayor is still the Mayor...and the Chief was Chiefing in Ruston, WA on July 13, 2004 (http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20040713&slug=webbarfire13)...my[/url] guess is the Mayor won the round.

>>>snip

...The City of McCleary is governed by a Mayor and five Councilmembers. The Mayor is elected directly by the voters and is the principal administrator. He leads Council meetings and votes only to break ties.

<<<>>>

...Mayor WB

WB was elected Mayor in 1999. His current term ends December 31, 2009.
Mayor B was born and raised in Aline, Oklahoma and has lived in McCleary since 1963. He is married and has two daughters. He is a retired McCleary School teacher (34 years) and also worked in natural gas pipeline and irrigation construction. He was a Communications Instructor during his service in the military.

Community Service: Teacher's Retirement; McCleary PTA; McCleary Education Association

Council Goals: achieve development consistent with the city's needs; meet the needs of the McCleary area; and expand the City's economic base

<<<snip
My bold.

From the Seattle Times article, dated September 18, 2000:
(http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20000918&slug=4043118)

>>>snip

(Police Chief J) R's attorney, Hugh McGavick of Olympia, called the allegations "outrageous and false." He said R was fired because he blew the whistle "about illegal conduct that was occurring and other things that were a matter of significant public concern."
He would not elaborate. He said R, police chief since 1998, would sue the city rather than appeal.

Published Correction Date: 9/19/2000- The headline was incorrect about the efiring of the police chief of McCleary, Grays Harbor County. The headline mistakenly said fire chief.

<<<snip

My bold again. Interesting comment by the lawyer, eh?

I'v been trying to think about the perps possible personality profile and who might match my image. I came across some information on Mayor WB from the year 2000. I'v looked everywhere to see if this story has been posted but didn't find it anywhere. If this is a repeat forgive? After reading this I had some questions and thought it would be good to slueth because I couldn't find where the situation was settled if the Mayor was sued by the Police Chief Jim Reinhold after the mayor fired him. I believe the incident between the two men was in the year 2000. The Mayor had only been serving the citizens for one year when allegations were being swaped bitterly between the two. Up until 1999 Mayor WG had been a teacher for 34yrs. (Is he married?)write there in McCleary. I tried typing the very long link but to no avail. Try this though and I think it will work as it did for me. After a read through knowing what we know about SO's it makes one want to dig deeper into this even though we don't know where the allegations went. This is serious stuff a police chief accussing the mayor of 2 counts of child molestation. If the chief was able to move on in his career in Ruston as chief of police and his lawyer stating mayor made up lies. I'm assuming the mayor may have been teaching when the police chief may have made allegations? I'v shaken my head so much I look like Kathyrn Hepburn! Here you go www.The Free Library.com Once at the site type in these exact words "McCleary mayor dismisses Fire Chief who plans to sue" Click and it will state one entry and then click again. Going for popcorn! Let me know if it doesn't work.

Thank you for sleuthing him Karen. I wasn't sure where to share my idea or how to go about looking into him before I said anything. I'm so inexperienced with the whole thing. It's interesting you found out all of this info -- I wonder how much more there is to find.

4chan members are known for pulling a lot of pranks, some of them very cruel. But you never know.

Google on those coordinates and it does show up on a map, near McCleary.

Was there actually a reference to the 4chan website or was the posters screen name 4chan? I'm asking because I've found a ms page searching 4chan in Olympia...the dude is sick! Please clarify if the 4chan website was actually referenced in the post. TIA

I'v been trying to think about the perps possible personality profile and who might match my image. I came across some information on Mayor WB from the year 2000. I'v looked everywhere to see if this story has been posted but didn't find it anywhere. If this is a repeat forgive? After reading this I had some questions and thought it would be good to slueth because I couldn't find where the situation was settled if the Mayor was sued by the Police Chief Jim Reinhold after the mayor fired him. I believe the incident between the two men was in the year 2000. The Mayor had only been serving the citizens for one year when allegations were being swaped bitterly between the two. Up until 1999 Mayor WG had been a teacher for 34yrs. (Is he married?)write there in McCleary. I tried typing the very long link but to no avail. Try this though and I think it will work as it did for me. After a read through knowing what we know about SO's it makes one want to dig deeper into this even though we don't know where the allegations went. This is serious stuff a police chief accussing the mayor of 2 counts of child molestation. If the chief was able to move on in his career in Ruston as chief of police and his lawyer stating mayor made up lies. I'm assuming the mayor may have been teaching when the police chief may have made allegations? I'v shaken my head so much I look like Kathyrn Hepburn! Here you go www.The Free Library.com Once at the site type in these exact words "McCleary mayor dismisses Fire Chief who plans to sue" Click and it will state one entry and then click again. Going for popcorn! Let me know if it doesn't work.

Great find Kagey, my opinion, this article gives a glimpse of how that town operates and the mindset of some. I would like to see the FBI take over as the lead investigation of this crime b/c I've always been concerned about influences or connections to persons in this crime that the local LE has that we may not be aware of or is not being disclosed.

Novice Seeker

Was there actually a reference to the 4chan website or was the posters screen name 4chan? I'm asking because I've found a ms page searching 4chan in Olympia...the dude is sick! Please clarify if the 4chan website was actually referenced in the post. TIA
The 4chan site was referenced in the anonymous post on the LB blog. That anonymous post of course could be a prank, an attempt to set someone else up, or an attempt to help. If info truly was found on the 4chan site - it also might be a prank etc. (Just trying to work this through in my head)

The 4chan site is huge and users do not need to register before participating. Viewer beware - if you look over the 4chan site be prepared for lots of gross images.

4chan members are also known for pulling various huge pranks, some of them cruel. The wikipedia article wikipedia article is worth looking over. And 4chan is a good thing to know about for any of us online, if nothing else so we know to be wary of what comes out of there.

Well, since the Mayor is still the Mayor...and the Chief was Chiefing in Ruston, WA on July 13, 2004 (http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20040713&slug=webbarfire13)...my[/url] guess is the Mayor won the round.

>>>snip

...The City of McCleary is governed by a Mayor and five Councilmembers. The Mayor is elected directly by the voters and is the principal administrator. He leads Council meetings and votes only to break ties.

<<<>>>

...Mayor WB

WB was elected Mayor in 1999. His current term ends December 31, 2009.
Mayor B was born and raised in Aline, Oklahoma and has lived in McCleary since 1963. He is married and has two daughters. He is a retired McCleary School teacher (34 years) and also worked in natural gas pipeline and irrigation construction. He was a Communications Instructor during his service in the military.

Community Service: Teacher's Retirement; McCleary PTA; McCleary Education Association

Council Goals: achieve development consistent with the city's needs; meet the needs of the McCleary area; and expand the City's economic base

<<<snip
My bold.

From the Seattle Times article, dated September 18, 2000:
(http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20000918&slug=4043118)

>>>snip

(Police Chief J) R's attorney, Hugh McGavick of Olympia, called the allegations "outrageous and false." He said R was fired because he blew the whistle "about illegal conduct that was occurring and other things that were a matter of significant public concern."
He would not elaborate. He said R, police chief since 1998, would sue the city rather than appeal.

Published Correction Date: 9/19/2000- The headline was incorrect about the efiring of the police chief of McCleary, Grays Harbor County. The headline mistakenly said fire chief.

<<<snip

My bold again. Interesting comment by the lawyer, eh?
Isn't it odd that it is so difficult to access this story and its out come on the net? I don't see this dispute won by anyone at this point as both men with strong allegations against each other continued their livelyhood in their professions. Had the mayor been right about the McCleary Police Chief JR the chief would not have been able to transfer to a different town to serve as police chief. Had the allegations of 2counts of child molestation by the Mayor of McCleary WB he would have been s tripped of all credintials as mayor and affliations to the school. Obviously that didn't happen. The Lawyer of JR said they would sue rather than appeal which makes one think the mayor won. Was there a law suite started? For a grown man with the title of police chief 9yrs ago to accuse his boss of improprieties with 2 little girls is really putting ones neck out there and he must have had names of these girls for his defense agaist the mayor? Because we deal with abused & missing children this scenerio just doesn't sit right as this is more than tit for tat. You would think the fallout of their dispute would have embarrassed them to both step down. I would like to think this was a made up story but it seems it may have been brushed under a rug! Would Ruston hire a fired ex police chief accused of planting gun evidence???? Did the mayor address his alledged involvement with 2 little girls toput to rest a rumor brought up in a court of law? Something just doesn't seem chohesive with this story and certainly can point to crookedness in the politics of the town. The article was found by out of the box googling for "spokespersons for McCleary". My profile shows someone adept at communication, comfortable with many as he hides behind the mask of sound spiritual, concerened , "I will help you" persona. Time to find more locals like Dog Driver who may remember this. Also why wouldn't the mayor sue the police chief as his job & livelihood may have been on the line? Or did he sue? Or was it brushed under the table? If anyone finds the court date please let me know as that is what I'm looking for. I would silence myself except men from all walks of life are pedophiles and they sometimes pic careers to be around children. I know I don't have to give examples like teachers, clergy, police (wasn't a sheriff hired who was an SO in Grays Harbor?) Razzzz!

Great find Kagey, my opinion, this article gives a glimpse of how that town operates and the mindset of some. I would like to see the FBI take over as the lead investigation of this crime b/c I've always been concerned about influences or connections to persons in this crime that the local LE has that we may not be aware of or is not being disclosed.

Novice Seeker

As I've told you before <many times> the FBI ARE the lead investigators in this investigation.

Isn't it odd that it is so difficult to access this story and its out come on the net? I don't see this dispute won by anyone at this point as both men with strong allegations against each other continued their livelyhood in their professions. Had the mayor been right about the McCleary Police Chief JR the chief would not have been able to transfer to a different town to serve as police chief. Had the allegations of 2counts of child molestation by the Mayor of McCleary WB he would have been s tripped of all credintials as mayor and affliations to the school. Obviously that didn't happen. The Lawyer of JR said they would sue rather than appeal which makes one think the mayor won. Was there a law suite started? For a grown man with the title of police chief 9yrs ago to accuse his boss of improprieties with 2 little girls is really putting ones neck out there and he must have had names of these girls for his defense agaist the mayor? Because we deal with abused & missing children this scenerio just doesn't sit right as this is more than tit for tat. You would think the fallout of their dispute would have embarrassed them to both step down. I would like to think this was a made up story but it seems it may have been rushed under a rub! Would Ruston hire a fired ex police chief accused of planting gun evidence???? Did the mayor address his alledged involvement with 2 little girls toput to rest a rumor brought up in a court of law? Something just doesn't seem chohesive with this story and certainly can point to crookedness in the politics of the town. The article was found by out of the box googling for "spokespersons for McCleary". My profile shows someone adept at communication, comfortable with many as he hides behind the mask of sound spiritual, concerened , "I will help you" persona. Time to find more locals like Dog Driver who may remember this. Also why wouldn't the mayor sue the police chief as his job & livelihood may have been on the line? Or did he sue? Or was it brushed under the table? If anyone finds the court date please let me know as that is what I'm looking for. I would silence myself except men from all walks of life are pedophiles and they sometimes pic careers to be around children. I know I don't have to give examples like teachers, clergy, police (wasn't a sheriff hired who was an SO in Grays Harbor?) Razzzz!

I'm not saying not to sleuth this, but just remember a person is innocent till proven guilty and allegations are easy to come up with and can ruin an otherwise innocent persons life. Sometimes a good defense is a strong offense......
DD

"Why you dirty dog" (just kidd'in with you deputyDD) Your letting me know the Police chief may have been less than forthright to save his butt? Am I right? I gotta play 20questions since you can't pm. Thank you for that tidbit because this story took me down a separate road of sluething. I'm not accusing in sluething just want to understand what went down between the 2 men and why this form of accusing instead of the other issues of political improprieties. Dog drive

"Why you dirty dog" (just kidd'in with you deputyDD) Your letting me know the Police chief may have been less than forthright to save his butt? Am I right? I gotta play 20questions since you can't pm. Thank you for that tidbit because this story took me down a separate road of sluething. I'm not accusing in sluething just want to understand what went down between the 2 men and why this form of accusing instead of the other issues of political improprieties. Dog drive
bingo, maybe..... i'll check with my partner he knows a bit more than I do...having a rough time typing, dog accidently broke my finger since the last post....

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member