WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This particular question was just recently addressed (again)

- I put TES into the search function of the website.

General statements like this serve no (decent) purpose. Presented in this leading fashion leaves one thing clear, this is more about your opinion.

- Which is fine.

If you have what amounts to an accusation please provide (cite) specifics of how you have reached such conclusion.

-

So, Melissa called TES within the first few days Lindsey went missing from your broad statement. I simply failed to read earlier accounts by Melissa that Lindsey had her bathing suit on or with her and KK's account of the events time wise match up. Probably missed that article too. I do remember the aunt calling the search dog group and assisting them but IIRC Melissa didn't spend any time with the dog handler.

My thoughts and comments are definitely not any form of accusations but rather simply questions or thoughts or even opinions about this case for the purpose of trying to understand this case.

Novice Seeker

The bathing suit was not mentioned publicly for a reason.

Refresh my memory where you found information regarding the aunt... & the dog handler

Thank you.

-

So, Melissa called TES within the first few days Lindsey went missing from your broad statement. I simply failed to read earlier accounts by Melissa that Lindsey had her bathing suit on or with her and KK's account of the events time wise match up. Probably missed that article too. I do remember the aunt calling the search dog group and assisting them but IIRC Melissa didn't spend any time with the dog handler.

My thoughts and comments are definitely not any form of accusations but rather simply questions or thoughts or even opinions about this case for the purpose of trying to understand this case.

Novice Seeker

Sorry I just had to speak up: I don't post a lot on here but I had to this time:

Just so you know! Regarding Lindsey and the bathing suite, that was not to be told to the public per the police, they wanted to have some things confidential.
Melissa did call TES and was told that they do not get involved once a missing child foundation is already involved. I myself contacted MB 2 days after Lindsey went missing as soon as I got back to Oregon from looking for my niece.

As far as MB not acting like a mother who’s child has been taken, until you or anyone else is in her shoes please don’t criticize her.
MB is good at showing strength and being strong when she is in the public she has to be. If she wasn’t strong enough to make every waking moment about Lindsey and trying to find her daughter she would roll up into a ball and never come out of it.

People who loose a child have to gain strength that they themselves didn’t even know they had. They have to be able to focus on there missing child and do what it takes to get them home. MB breaks down every night when she has to go home and face yet again another night without her daughter. She has to get up each morning and face another day of being strong to do what she has to do to find Lindsey. If you really want more information you can contact a doctor that will tell you parents who loose a child for what ever reason find inter strength to go on and do what it takes to accomplish what needs to get done day after day. This is Hell for MB and every other parent going through this or that has been through this.

As far a MB and how she failed in supplying the proper parental support for Lindsey’s well being can I just say that being a mother myself how many times I said if I had only? Do you not think that MB has those thoughts all the time every waking moment of every day? If only I had done this or if only I had done that? Was MB a relaxed mom yes she was, but remember they live in a very small community where most people think nothing like this happens in their small town? It was summer, a warm night and Lindsey walked to a friends house when she found out that her friend could not spend the night she walked home. It was not dark out yet and it was a walk that she did over and over again.

Should we blame MB I think not maybe we as parents can blame her that is if we never made bad choices as parents. Come on no parent is perfect. The person to blame for Lindsey’s disappearance is the predator or predators that took her.

I am not angry or trying to be mean just trying to shed some light on this whole situation. And to maybe give others a small glimpse into what MB is going through.

When I read the story from the Olympian, my heart sank. It sounded as if LE really had no leads and had investigated those who looked promising only to come up empty handed. If I felt this level of disappointment, I can only imagine how MB feels. Do I have some personal opinions on Lindsey's home life? Yes, I do. But it serves no purpose to share or discuss them in open forum, to look at something in retrospect in the case of a missing child is fruitless, unless it furthers the investigation. IMO to criticize MB at this point, is like going to dinner at someone's home and criticizing/complaining about the food that was served.

The posts above serve no purpose, if a fact needs to be checked or clarified by all means ask, you should be able to do that freely. We're all here for a single reason and that's to find Lindsey, she is the focus. :twocents:

Amen to all who have stated or indicated that the blame squarely lies on the shoulder(s) of the predator(s) who took Lindsey. Bingo ... you nailed it.

It is all about finding Lindsey just as it should be.

Hey all...haven't been around much, I've been sick like everyone else.

I don't really know what's going on with all the rumors and stuff being posted on other forums. I'm just glad it doesn't happen here! Thank You Tricia and WS mods!

I'm here for one reason, and one reason only. To help MB find her missing daughter, Lindsey. That's why I came to begin with. I work part-time and figured I could volunteer and help. Nothing has changed. And as far as I know, nothing has changed with our group at the center.

We don't give up our weekends and free time to screw around.

I worry that some of our members aren't here because they read negative stuff being posted about them. I'm sure it's demorialzing to say the least.

Please guys....know this group is a good group, and we're trying. We may make mistakes along the way. It's a work in progress ok?

The reason we started the LB Search Center is because LE quit doing ground searches. That wasn't acceptable to MB. So we started our own center. It's really that simple. We learned and got trained by Klaaskids and the Laura Recovery Center. Then we went on our own.

While it may seem to some that it's ridiculous to have LB's own Mom being at the search center, look at it this way. If we didn't all volunteer and start our own center, WHO exactly would be out there looking for Lindsey?
You got it. Nobody.

We have no desire to interfere with LE and the investigation. We want their support and help.

Don't ever doubt that we all want only one thing...that is to find Lindsey.

Thanks again to all who post and give the searchers pats on the back. It means alot.

Sorry I just got a chance to kinda catch up. I am sure you all have read this already but I just found this part of interest:
**********************************************************************************
After four months, authorities have little evidence in Lindsey Baum case
Published November 01, 2009

Scott said investigators have slogged through thousands of leads and tips. There have been eight to 12 “persons of interest” at various points during the investigation, but none panned out, he said.

http://www.theolympian.com/localnewsfeed/story/1021596.html

Sorry I just got a chance to kinda catch up. I am sure you all have read this already but I just found this part of interest:
**********************************************************************************

Scott said investigators have slogged through thousands of leads and tips. There have been eight to 12 “persons of interest” at various points during the investigation, but none panned out, he said.

'8 to 12' ? That's good, and bad. If it was one of those 12 POIs whom committed this assumed crime, and LE has nothing to tie the individual to it then hope suffers a severe blow.

The LB case status mirrors that of Nancy Moyer, who disappeared unexpectedly March 6 - 8, 2009 from her Tenino, WA home. There are no (publicly reported) clues after many months and no one observed anything unusual. Nancy has two children, 10 and 12, I believe.

Tenino, WA is approx. 35 miles southeast of McCleary.
Population in July 2008: 1,590.

McCleary, WA.
Population in July 2008: 1,604.

Both are small towns, although Tenino has a higher population density since it has less than half the land area of McCleary.

Both Lindsey and Nancy were 'alone' (not in a busy mall or on a busy city street) at the time of dissapearance.

Similar height:

Lindsey: 4' 9"
Nancy: 4' 11"

Both, dark hair.

Both had extremely consistent routines:

Lindsey: walking between her home and her best friend's home.
Nancy: sitting on her front porch after work to smoke a cigarette.

Both could be 'observed' by someone, without that someone drawing much attention to theirself:

Lindsey: crossed multiple streets with clear-view intersections.
Nancy: lived across the street from rail, which runs atop an elevated (5' - 6') earthen plateau with dense brush and trees. I have uploaded a pic of Nancy's location. Her house is centered in the yellow circle. There are a few locations surrounding the house where someone might hide and observe.

Beyond those points, though, the similarities end.

Well, there is one more: both cases are very frustrating.

Attachments

• Tenino.png
    Tenino.png
    953.1 KB · Views: 14
New here -- I just wanted to say I'm amazed and awed by all the work and love you guys have put into this case.

i personally have pointed these to law enforcement. thanks for refreshing our memories! ill do some more research on this..

Just wanted to take a minute and say THANK YOU, to all the wonderful sleuthers hashing and rehashing any and all info in hopes of finding something! I would like to say THANK YOU to all of the searchers trying to find and bring Lindsey home. My thoughts and prayers are with Lindsey, her family, friends, and everyone trying to help.

I was wondering something so KK said her phone was charging is there no home phone then (land-line)? I use my phone when it is charging? Just curiouse as I don't think my phone is ever off unless it is out of juice and I am no where near a spot to charge it etc as I have two kids...my phone is my life line to them at all times ... this makes me wonder....

It's comforting to see how this group continues to watch Lindsey's back, even though nobody has any serious idea as to where this dear child's back is at the moment. Keeping the candle lit, and not allowing it to become smothered to the point where not even smoke can be seen is a real and important tactic. Frustration and lack of soluable evidence or leads can be disasterous to motivation. The amazing thing about this group is the way one person or another keeps on keepin on, regenerating vision, focus, and inspiration. Wherever Lindsey is, I'm sure that she is extremely thankful that defeat isn't even a possibility here. Gotta go, gotta keep on keepin' on.

Thanks Mystic for bolding that quote. I do not like the word slogged used by MPD spokesman Scott. To me it implies slow and unfruitful work that belies the quick brain of a top notch criminal investigator.

Personally I was never impressed with Scott as a spokesman. He might be a nice guy and a good solid cop, but IMO lacked the dynamics and polish we have come to expect. I call it the 'Corona Factor'. The public listened to Sheriff Corona's every word when Samantha Runion was abducted, and consequently the eyes of Orange County were peeled to spot the perps car. Enough about that and hopefully this experience gave him more depth in dealing with the public re local crimes.

I'm like a broken record. Finding Lindsey and her abductor will rest on going back to the scene of the crime as we know it. The last place we know she was seen, close to 6th and Maple acc to the Affidavit. And that will lead to where she was accosted and taken from there.

It has been proven over and over again this is how difficult cases of simply vanishing off the face of the earth are solved. It is a worldwide standard for detectives and will work for Lindsey's case too.

Don't give up. Elizabeth Smart was lost for 9 months. It took about 6 months to locate Caylee's remains. We are only at 4 mos. We have to stay strong for Lindsey and keep honing our skills. xox

PS: I would still like to see an official FBI profile of her abductor. The one thing I know is they believe it was someone she knew or he/she wasn't a total stranger. Both Elizabeth and Caylee fall into that category as well IMO. That starts the profile.

Just stopping in for a minute.

I'm currently without a computer. So I'm a little behind on what is going on.

To my Search Center friends.. see ya this weekend! I miss you guys.

Hi again, One other thought I've been rolling around for awhile.

Zoning in on the scene of the crime. That is difficult to do here in the forum where we work hard not to bring in unverified info.

I wish we had a RUMOR thread in the PL. We do have a lot of info given to us by those who have had conversations with those close to the case. And also many statements made by one who was one of the last to see Lindsey and whose daughter was with Lindsey at least all evening until she started on her walk home.

For one thing, it would clarify allot of the things that came out in the very beginning of the case which have been fine tuned by what these people have said.

Another, it might lead to a location of the white car and put it not at the point we know as the scene of the crime 1/2 hour after Lindsey was last seen there, but possibly to within a few houses of her destinatiion, Kara's house, as Lindsey approached and then left it. Literally minutes before she vanished.

I hope our Dear Animal reads this. :angel: I am trying to think of any way we can look underneath the rocks that might let the light reveal what is there. All to help find Lindsey and then nail the person who took her away. And I think this team of Sleuthers can do it!

ETA: A highly respected poster here on Lindsey's forum told me the way a proper LE investigation works is to start inside the box and then work your way out of it. This is a way to do that IMO. xox

Hi again, One other thought I've been rolling around for awhile.

Zoning in on the scene of the crime. That is difficult to do here in the forum where we work hard not to bring in unverified info.

I wish we had a RUMOR thread in the PL. We do have a lot of info given to us by those who have had conversations with those close to the case. And also many statements made by one who was one of the last to see Lindsey and whose daughter was with Lindsey at least all evening until she started on her walk home.

For one thing, it would clarify allot of the things that came out in the very beginning of the case which have been fine tuned by what these people have said.

Another, it might lead to a location of the white car and put it not at the point we know as the scene of the crime 1/2 hour after Lindsey was last seen there, but possibly to within a few houses of her destinatiion, Kara's house as Lindsey approached and then left it. Literally minutes before she vanished.

I hope our Dear Animal reads this. :angel: I am trying to think of any way we can look underneath the rocks that might let the light reveal what is there. All to help find Lindsey and then nail the person who took her away. And I think this team of Sleuthers can do it!

Hi scandi - wanted to bring a link over here but don't know how. Animal is stepping down from being a mod. An explanation was left in the parking lot thread? and brought over and posted on the Somer Thread this evening. I have no idea who will be the replacement but maybe you can pm another mod with your request. just thought i'd let you know. take care :blowkiss:

Hi scandi - wanted to bring a link over here but don't know how. Animal is stepping down from being a mod. An explanation was left in the parking lot thread? and brought over and posted on the Somer Thread this evening. I have no idea who will be the replacement but maybe you can pm another mod with your request. just thought i'd let you know. take care :blowkiss:

Thanks Eyes, I hate to see Animal give up her Modship. Hopefully she will become an active poster tho, right? That would be a +.

So open up your link. Run your cursor over the address in the bar at the top of the page and it will turn blue, holding down the left side of your Mouse. Put your cursor over that blu'ed address and click the right side of your mouse. A window will pop up and say 'copy'. Left click on the word copy. Now that link is inside your Mousie.

Now go find the window where you want to put the link. Make a cursor mark there with a left click. Go up to the World you see above the posting window and left click on it. A little window will appear. Right click near it and your link will appear in that box. Then click OK below it and c'est finis. xox

Thanks Eyes, I hate to see Animal give up her Modship. Hopefully she will become an active poster tho, right? That would be a +.

So open up your link. Run your cursor over the address in the bar at the top of the page and it will turn blue, holding down the left side of your Mouse. Put your cursor over that blu'ed address and click the right side of your mouse. A window will pop up and say 'copy'. Left click on the word copy. Now that link is inside your Mousie.

Now go find the window where you want to put the link. Make a cursor mark there with a left click. Go up to the World you see above the posting window and left click on it. A little window will appear. Right click near it and your link will appear in that box. Then click OK below it and c'est finis. xox

Thanks! Animal did say she would continue as a member and active poster. so all is good.

New here -- I just wanted to say I'm amazed and awed by all the work and love you guys have put into this case.

:Welcome-12-june: :hug:

1-I have no idea, sorry.
2-Paradise Pizza, 119 S 3rd Street, Mccleary-I called and he said they do deliver on Fridays but it would depend on how busy they are.

:Welcome-12-june: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member