WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they will ask questions that sleuthers want answered, such as :

If WW knew LB and Nancy Moyer ?
Where did any cash PO box donations go, if not to help MB ?
Who exactly was at the pool party ?

And many others...feel free to add your questions....

Peoples thoughts paint a picture that can be used by the Forensic Psychologist & forensic profilers. The public was told that yes indeed the Behavior Science Unit's team was sent to McCleary. Maybe folks feel a relief that that they can now discuss their thoughts to someone they feel is actively listenning. What some in town, on Maple thought last summer may have changed drastically over the last 8mon. Maybe an overall feel has been one of if they don;t ask I don't tell. Their asking now! Yippy!

3 hours interviewing him and others at the house seems very thorough, especially if his mother and aunt live there and they are elderly. That seems like a lot of time. Is that the norm? Or does that seem extensive? I believe the address of this house is 203 W Maple which sits at the SW corner of Maple and 4th - there seems to be family on Foreman also - and possibly in Westport. Are they working their way West down Maple?

I think body language can tell a lot. It would be great if they could wear a video headset or something similar and record the interviews.

I was religious on this thread until it started dying down. Now I'm getting all caught up in other things now and I haven't been able to keep up. Has it been confirmed who witnessed seeing Lindsey walking? Could it have perhaps been one or both of these two ladies?

That would lead to more questioning of them, just to learn who else they may have seen at the time, etc, etc...

Thank you everyone for your insight into McCleary, the people in it and LE activities.

I cannot express my appreciation since news is so slow. This is the only place that I can't get a sense that something is finally happening.

FBI takes behavior very seriously. I know, personally, read on.

I am a thousand miles away but can't get the thought of Lindsey out of my mind.

I came to know Lindsey's plight in January. I was in a hwy restaurant outside Houston with my wife and saw a little girl and this strange man come in. She wouldn't look at this man or talk - very strange. I pointed them out to my wife and she agreed. We waited outside to get his license plate and the direction he headed (turned out to be local).

Mind you, I have never done this type of thing in my life, and I am over 50.

We raced home looked up the FBI missing persons and the National Center for missing and exploited Children. The girl was a match to Lindsey.

We tried to phone GH LE at 3:30 am but was closed. We forwarded our information and pics of the girl to LB Search Center. Got a reply from KK a little over 24 hours later. Having several days to look at the pics I was sure it was her. So, contacted Houston FBI, they were particularly concerned with behavior.

FBI jumped on it but called that evening and stated that, wow, what a match, but was not her - apparently the family had an alibi, but took DNA to be sure.

Why would the FBI care about calling me back to tell me that?

Way out there theory (but this entire case is way out there)
Not to be weird here but suppose if it was Lindsey? Placed in safe location (with family)
Did she really see who took her (incapacitated some how) so that she couldn't describe the person(s) (as in ring - and God have we got those down here! - right to Mexico)? So LE have to break these people down to get the whole truth and procecute?

There was a great line in Batman - the dark knight: when Alfred was telling Wayne about his days as a mercenary in Burma - and they were trying to track down a terrorist who hid in the mountainous jungle. They tried everything to catch this guy but nothing worked. Wayne asked Alfred, did you ever finally catch him? Alfred's response: yes, we burned down the jungle.

Where am I going with this, you might ask?

Jan 15 - see strange man and little girl in Houston, TX.
Jan 20 - FBI tracks down these people
Jan 27 - FBI doubles reward and intensifies search in McCleary - attention to behavior
Feb - MB moves out of town
Mar 2 - FBI beginning to burn down the jungle

Has anyone ever heard of a situation where LE did not publicly disclose a located child?

Recent case in point: NY 13 y.o. girl located, held hostage 7 months (termed run-a-way) by drug dealer. Her name was never released to public. Never hear anymore about it - no tearful reunion with mom...doesn't make sense.

jgk10414 welcome to websleuths!

do you still have the pics you took?? and what did kk or the search center say about the pics?

jgk10414 are the pictures alike that you shared with authorities and kk? We also have child *advertiser censored* rings in our state and have often wondered if some arrested are called on to tell what they may know if anything in this world of a child missing. While looking into a nationwide sting called Operation Golden Seal played out in Spokane. A webmaster was found to be selling fake for cost diplomas of all educational backgounds and titles. 92 people are on a list being given to attorneys and health agency's showing all who purchased thes degrees. May seem like nothing except cia and many others that would floor you wre purchasing these spending up to 7,000 dollars for a phd. A fake highschool diploma cost 100.00 dollars with 1000.00 dollar fine or yr.in jail. The crime goes up as entitlment degrees go up. This is a big deal because that same webmaster had 11,000 images being bought sold and traded all the while selling degrees to very high up important people. This man gave up names allowing him a shorter sentence. This married white middle age guy with kids had the most images of anyone across the US. This arrest was 2008 went to trial down the road. This seems to show we have the nasty's right in our back yard as you do in Texas. One LE bust just chips at the problem. Look at the undersirables that frequent this type of behavior. It makes it easy to understand why FBI must check all leads.

Thank you for telling your story. LE has been hoofing it for Lindsey when so many thought nothing was going on in her recovery. Maybe LE is on a roll following the CARD teams instructions and will bring all notes to be assessed via forensic computer program for profiles related to Lindsey's story. From my researching they have the mobile lab to beat all in McCleary for easy testing of everything in the case.

Thank you everyone for your insight into McCleary, the people in it and LE activities.

I cannot express my appreciation since news is so slow. This is the only place that I can't get a sense that something is finally happening.

I came to know Lindsey's plight in January. I was in a hwy restaurant outside Houston with my wife and saw a little girl and this strange man come in. She wouldn't look at this man or talk - very strange. I pointed them out to my wife and she agreed. We waited outside to get his license plate and the direction he headed (turned out to be local).

We raced home looked up the FBI missing persons and the National Center for missing and exploited Children. The girl was a match to Lindsey.

We tried to phone GH LE at 3:30 am but was closed. We forwarded our information and pics of the girl to LB Search Center. Got a reply from KK a little over 24 hours later. Having several days to look at the pics I was sure it was her. So, contacted Houston FBI, they were particularly concerned with behavior.

FBI jumped on it but called that evening and stated that, wow, what a match, but was not her - apparently the family had an alibi, but took DNA to be sure.

Not to be weird here but suppose if it was Lindsey? Placed in safe location (with family)
Did she really see who took her (incapacitated some how) so that she couldn't describe the person(s) (as in ring - and God have we got those down here! - right to Mexico)? So LE have to break these people down to get the whole truth and procecute?

There was a great line in Batman - the dark knight: when Alfred was telling Wayne about his days as a mercenary in Burma - and they were trying to track down a terrorist who hid in the mountainous jungle. They tried everything to catch this guy but nothing worked. Wayne asked Alfred, did you ever finally catch him? Alfred's response: yes, we burned down the jungle.

Jan 27 - FBI doubles reward and intensifies search in McCleary - attention to behavior

Has anyone ever heard of a situation where LE did not publicly disclose a located child?

Recent case in point: NY 13 y.o. girl located, held hostage 7 months (termed run-a-way) by drug dealer. Her name was never released to public. Never hear anymore about it - no tearful reunion with mom...doesn't make sense.

Welcome! Glad to have you here! Very interesting. I need to mull this over a bit more but... here are a couple of thoughts I have had about this case....

1. In the beginning, I wondered if Lindsey posted that comment on myspace about feeling like something bad was going to happen to set the stage for something (like running away, or a planned disappearance).

2. Have wondered many times how MB can seem to remain so calm and CERTAIN her daughter is still alive. Does she know something?

3. Mother moving - I just don't know that I could do that if there was any possibility of Lindsey coming back. It takes a long time to get a renter out of a rental home for non-payment of rent. She could stay and wait to get legally kicked out.

What are your thoughts about why the FBI called you back to tell you it was not Lindsey and they tested DNA just to be sure? What are your thoughts about the man this girl was with? Are you saying that if this was her that you and your wife saw, that she could have been where she was - safe with family because she had already been found and her abductor is still out there and she is unable to identify him? If I got it wrong, please clarify. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Welcome to Websleuths jgk10414

I remember those pictures.. you went above and beyond with the information you sent to the search center and LE. I don't think you left any detail out. We truly appreciate the effort.. I wish it would have turned out that it was Lindsey.
I'm glad the FBI was nice enough to contact you and tell you that it wasn't Lindsey (wow, I can't believe they actually took DNA samples.. that's amazing!).. I can't imagine how it would have been for you to continue to wonder.

Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.. the world needs more people like you. :)

Welcome to Websleuths jgk10414

I remember those pictures.. you went above and beyond with the information you sent to the search center and LE. I don't think you left any detail out. We truly appreciate the effort.. I wish it would have turned out that it was Lindsey.
I'm glad the FBI was nice enough to contact you and tell you that it wasn't Lindsey (wow, I can't believe they actually took DNA samples.. that's amazing!).. I can't imagine how it would have been for you to continue to wonder.

Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.. the world needs more people like you. :)

Were these pictures jgk10414 took? Anyone still have them? Can they be posted?

Well, there is sure something afoot if the FBI is involved, and going door-to-door. It is wonderful news that the search for this little girl is still so active. Let's hope for good news.

Were these pictures jgk10414 took? Anyone still have them? Can they be posted?

yes, they were pictures taken with (I assume) a cell phone by (I assume) jgk10414. I don't know if they can be posted or not, that's up to a mod.

Pictures of this sort after the fact were shown in the Caylee Anthony thread so hopefully this pic could be shown on Lindsey's thread.

Saturday, 27 February, the last examination and sweep of the house on Mommsen as the Baums leave town. When did the search team arrive at that house on the 27th?

Hello all.

The answer to posting the pictures of the child from Texas is no, please don't post these pictures.

The pictures have not been published by local media and are not in the public domain at all.

The child is a minor, and the child is an "innocent" .

We must respect the privacy of the child and family at this time.

It is appreciated that everyone asked/checked about posting these pictures!! Thank you so much.

~Summer_Breeze

Summer breeze, thank you for the information. :)

Hi Jgk, and a hearty WELCOME to you.

About the FBI calling you back, that is how they operate. I once called them thinking a bank robber I saw on the local news was a guy I knew from the coast. They did call me back the next day to say it wasn't him. So they take everything very seriously and are ON IT. Ya Baby!

Saturday, 27 February, the last examination and sweep of the house on Mommsen as the Baums leave town. When did the search team arrive at that house on the 27th?

Tuba,
The search was done on the 26th and reported on the 27th, I believe:

snipped from http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2010/02/27/local_news/doc4b8958c464443073788119.txt:

Forensic investigators made a final search of missing Lindsey Baum’s McCleary home Friday as her mother prepares to move out amid financial problems.

On the eight-month anniversary of Lindsey’s disappearance, Undersheriff Rick Scott said FBI investigators and crime scene analysts made one last sweep through the house for evidence and DNA samples.

Does this change anything for you?

No thank you summer breeze! Good call! Thats right the A's published that pic of the little girl. Thanks for the consideration. Those brain tarts are becomming frequent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme