WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hoppyfrog posted this....i dont know how to link from another forum....

another child missing from spokane wa :(

*Police have reported that they are looking for a missing 10-year-old girl in Spokane, Washington. The missing girl is Angeleana M. Walker who went missing at around 3:00 P.M. on Friday from her home. Angeleana lives in the area of 1st Avenue and Altamont, and went missing right from her front porch.*

http://www.examiner.com/x-7460-Spok...-Walker-is-missing-girl-in-Spokane-Washington

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID7460/images/resized_AngeleanaImage.jpg

*Police have reported that they are looking for a missing 10-year-old girl in Spokane, Washington. The missing girl is Angeleana M. Walker who went missing at around 3:00 P.M. on Friday from her home. Angeleana lives in the area of 1st Avenue and Altamont, and went missing right from her front porch.*

http://www.examiner.com/x-7460-Spok...-Walker-is-missing-girl-in-Spokane-Washington

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID7460/images/resized_AngeleanaImage.jpg

[January 1, 2010] *UPDATE 6:10 P.M. PST*
KHQ Spokane is reported that Angeleana is described as a white female with red hair. She stand five feet tall at about 120 pounds and was wearing blue jeans, black shoes, and a light blue jacket. It is believed that Angeleana may have left on her own, but we have no confirmation on that yet.

What the h@ck is going on in this country?

Interesting note: same color of clothing and shoes as LB. 'Blue' jeans might be common for 10 yr olds but I'm not sure about black shoes. I thought most kids that age wear tennis /sneaker shoes [white]?

No mention if there is a history of runaway activity.
No mention of family situation.
No mention of cars in the area [silver?].

Razzberry has us all excited on the Astro forum. She/He thinks someone posted about a fireworks business in McCleary on the day she disappeared. Does anyone remember if or where it was. Just because Lindsey was on her way home doesn't preclude her from walking to it. Maybe the locals remember? Thanks, Paulette

firework stand was located where the red circle is.. but MB, KK and a few other locals can't remember if it was there the night Lindsey went missing.

image1kj.jpg

Angeleana has been found safe. :)

firework stand was located where the red circle is.. but MB, KK and a few other locals can't remember if it was there the night Lindsey went missing.

image1kj.jpg

The stand may have been set up, but usually the city only allows 3 or 4 days of actual sales....Check with city hall, thy should be able to tell you...

DD

O/T
Idaho,
Forgive me for asking, I can't help but notice the "still doing it for Dylan" and the picture in your signature line would you mind sharing Dylan's story?
Im sure most already know but I only started visiting websleuths when looking for discussions for Lindsey's case.
Maybe a PM or a link if here isnt the place to discuss his story.
Thank you

O/T
Idaho,
Forgive me for asking, I can't help but notice the "still doing it for Dylan" and the picture in your signature line would you mind sharing Dylan's story?
Im sure most already know but I only started visiting websleuths when looking for discussions for Lindsey's case.
Maybe a PM or a link if here isnt the place to discuss his story.
Thank you

Thank you for asking, razzberry. Most of the details of the case are too gruesome to post here. But if you want to know more, you can google "Dylan Groene" or "Joseph Duncan", or pm me. Just be prepared.

Dylan is Dylan Groene. In May of 2005, he (9) and his sister Shasta (8) were kidnapped by registered sex offender Joseph Duncan, after Duncan bludgeoned his 13 year old brother Slade, his mother, and his mother's boyfriend to death with a hammer. Dylan and Shasta were held in remote Montana for 6 weeks. Dylan was tortured and murdered. Shasta was found alive in her hometown of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho with Duncan.

Dylan's story hit me especially hard. I lived about 45 minutes from their home, and drove by their home often, including the night they were taken. Even though it's illogical, I feel a sense of guilt about it. Dylan's story is what got me involved in Websleuths, and in working for other missing and exploited children. So, I'm still "doing it for Dylan", because even though we can't save him anymore, we can save others because of him.

I4G - thanks for sharing, cuz I've wondered about Dylan myself. Bless you for all that you do!! :blowkiss:

Thank you for asking, razzberry. Most of the details of the case are too gruesome to post here. But if you want to know more, you can google "Dylan Groene" or "Joseph Duncan", or pm me. Just be prepared.

Dylan is Dylan Groene. In May of 2005, he (9) and his sister Shasta (8) were kidnapped by registered sex offender Joseph Duncan, after Duncan bludgeoned his 13 year old brother Slade, his mother, and his mother's boyfriend to death with a hammer. Dylan and Shasta were held in remote Montana for 6 weeks. Dylan was tortured and murdered. Shasta was found alive in her hometown of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho with Duncan.

Dylan's story hit me especially hard. I lived about 45 minutes from their home, and drove by their home often, including the night they were taken. Even though it's illogical, I feel a sense of guilt about it. Dylan's story is what got me involved in Websleuths, and in working for other missing and exploited children. So, I'm still "doing it for Dylan", because even though we can't save him anymore, we can save others because of him.

Slightly curious point as to the LB case: Joseph Duncan was from Tacoma, WA.

ETA:
This was only to point out that yet another SO is from WA state. I suppose it seems like so many because currently I am focused on WA. I'm sure if I were to focus on other states...

We went to several dump sites today that were in just ridiculous condition. Multiple+ carcases at each one. Just sitting right off the road. Abundance of trash. All quick pull off areas. I don't understand how they are just left that way. Nothing about any of the sites were legal or easy to just blow over. Why anyone would assume it's safe or healthy to leave them in that condition baffles me. The "hunters" in the area are obviously confident in doing whatever whenever. The condition of sites were hazardous & long overdue for some type of crew to come in.

24 Year Mystery of Missing [12 yr old] Martha Jean Lambert Solved … Brother David Lambert Confessed to Accidently Killing Her

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22106859/detail.html

wow. no charges filed due to brother's age at the time (15) and because the charge would be classified as manslaughter but statute of limitations applies.

:banghead:
:blushing::blushing::blushing:

Thanks Breanna, Jen and Jvk. There ought to be a law, eh? Back to my corner. lol

Hey Dear Scandi. If you are blushing, then so am I :) I read that article over and over, until some kind soul told my sorry brain to look at the "bolded words",

So...if you're going to a corner I have to join you in that corner :)

It's all good :D

Thank You for sharing Idaho,
I now remember the story of Dylan. Thank you for all you do to advocate for the missing children, and for honoring Dylans memory!

Idaho4Groenes this story touched so many during the weeks JD was on the lamb with Shasta. Maybe this sad story can shine some hope for Lindsey's plight and help us members keep the heavy blaket of sadness abay. One of things that seemed haunting in Shastas case was the video of her and Duncan in the convenient store. This brought me back to how these children shut down because their little minds can't handle the sudden influx of messages of horrific fear they are experiencing. Shasta couldn't speak up to anyone for help as shown in the video. This behavior is a form of control brainwashing we have seen other missing children and adult cases. I feel (imho) Shasta at that point couldn't have called home even if dropped off at a "phone booth" due to the traumatization she had perpretated on her. The positive is that after all this little girl went through she remained alive. Possibly when Interpol made the comment of Lindsey not being able to speak up for herself they meant she may be experiencing the type of mental anguish that could cause any human to shut down, disassociate, compartmentalize to cope & stay alive. This copeing mechanisim is a natural defense we all have in us if needed. As sad as this may seem the flip side is that Lindsey may be alive. If someone in town took her maybe that connection in this sick persons mind makes Lindsey more endearing therefore allowing Lindsey to remain alive. We all can imagine the flipside of endearing with a sicko violent sex offenders. No one seems to know what this VSO profile might be. We only have are astros, sluethers opinions of who could be responsible in town for the crime agaist Lindsey. I try to find something to smile about for all lifes hardships but there is no smile concerning Lindsey's case as of late. Regardless I do remain having Hope and it helps to overide the dread of negativety.

Thank you for keeping Dylans & Shasta's banner across your page as it helps everyone remember these are societies children and they need us to stay proactive in our advocating to rid the earth of these monsters. We can be each others :angel:

image1kj.jpg

IIRC, there was a stand or trailer there for the fireworks at that point...I think it's in some of the first news reports from the day after she went missing...

Slightly curious point as to the LB case: Joseph Duncan was from Tacoma, WA.

ETA:
This was only to point out that yet another SO is from WA state. I suppose it seems like so many because currently I am focused on WA. I'm sure if I were to focus on other states...
-----------------------
I am also (fairly) well-versed on the details of this case. I remember reading about him having been released a long time ago from a sexual offender treatment center on McNeil Island, WA:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002364099_duncan07m.html

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/hrsa/scc/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members