WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand about human trafficking is this: I know men will pay for sex but not all men who do are without morals. If a child is presented to him, SOME would call in and report it, especially if there are 'mising' posters of the child? Where do they keep all these children so that nobody knows where they are? TIA

Eyes I'm pretty jaded on this subject of men, corporate America, and the trafficking of children, women and men. I'm being honest in stating that I have never studied the effects on men victimized by this crime.

When thinking about these crimes it's good to have a visual to show the enormous problem facing the US and the world. If you take a look at the stats of 800,000 children people missing that would equal how many full football stadiums? 3? give or take is alarming and add stats for the world this issue is beyod a pandemic level. If we new how they were housed between being shared/sold over and over we might be ahead of the game. Lisa Ling did a documtary on sex slaves in America and some of the homes these women were assigned to were upscale white America types homes? Ow we have low lifes who will sell their sister for a small amount of drugs and then those guys pass the child around make alittle money, then the child is sold again. My fear is these children can be right under our noses as a W/S member posting on Lindsey forum told me in July. I don't know if I helped in understanding that these types of men were many different hats in life from the abductor to the transfer persons, to location hidden, to transporting out of the country. There are good men out there but if every SO offends at least 100 times before arrest, and we can feel 3 football stadiums with the missing we have alot of men & women that are predators in society. This is what has caused the younger generation to learn new forms of parenting than there family before them. Some say we have over compensated and parents are becomming helicoptor parents. I see this trend and IMO the edges of helicoptor parenting will be refined and in are lifetime we will feel this change in society. Some behaviorist are seeing that this might be leading to a very isolated way of being, therefor effecting maturation process in our children. A very fine line to walk when raising children and keeping them safe and healthy.

Thanks for your reply Kagey - Society is greedy and I guess whatever brings money in will flourish! However, it's a felony to rape a child and I'm wondering why men aren't more afraid of that fact. Also, call me naive, but I always thought men who wanted to rape a child had fantasies about doing so - they sexually oriented themselves around children. Maybe there are two categories of pedophilia: one group who pays for a child and the other consists of predators who prey. Yikes!!!

Here are questions I have:

Are traffickers from Mexico now sweeping up any vulnerable American child they can find to add to their accumulated stash of children from Mexico and other countries?

No one has found Lindsey or Amber Dubois. Were they thrown into a truck/van and taken to a hidden location where the children from these other countries are stashed? I've heard it said that blond-haired, blue eyed children are a major commodity. That is why Russian girls are so desirable. (I will post the article if you want). Neither Lindsey or Amber were blond, but they were virgins, and I understand they bring in a large amount of money.

Is the sex slavery highway all the way from Mexico over the Canadian border?

Hi C! LOL! Back to business! Children are expendable. There is always another child that can be lured or snatched. They the monsters break them. Souls, Bodies, Mind and eventually it leads to a mental form of death or physical death. I just watched a video left by Serendipity and a trafficked young girl who whould not give up her pimp and fought the people who were trying to help. People actively working with these kids in Seattle provide high end counseling as long as needed, shelter, food and education. May of the girls who are caught prostituting (underage) were from trafficking initially. Some were brought in from other states for the purpose of sex and were arrested. This is what allows a child like this to enter the system to recieve help. There was mention that the Pacific Island Rim" women are targets for slave trade here in our state. Sometimes I'v wondered about Port Authority and alls those Lg. metal crates they find illigals.

concentric,

It is my understanding that sex trafficking is happening right here in the US. Whether it's Mexicans, Canadians or some one born and raised in the US.. it's happening.

According to this article (posted in 2006 so the numbers might be higher now)
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1596778&page=1

The FBI estimates that well over 100,000 children and young women are trafficked in America today. They range in age from 9 to 19, with the average age being 11.
And many victims are no longer just runaways, or kids who've been abandoned. Many of them are from what would be considered "good" families, who are lured or coerced by clever predators, say experts.

Public events (like the Olympics) bring in a lot of people.. many of them looking for (what they call) "a good time" after they've watched a little down hill skiing. To some an older prostitute is that good time, to others it's a child who fits that bill. Pimps don't care about age.. they care about cash. Supply and demand... you have to supply what the customers demand or you won't make any money.

Let's call it the Sex Slavery Super Highway then. I've read that gangs from Mexico consider girls worth more than drugs, because they can turn them over and over.

This article from a bust last year (right here in Washington State)
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008778257_kids24m.html

Police and federal agents have rescued 10 child prostitutes and arrested 35 people in Western Washington as part of a nationwide sweep aimed at curbing the sexual exploitation of children, according to the FBI.

<snipped>

Nationwide, "Operation Cross Country III" last week took 48 child prostitutes into protective custody and police and agents in 29 cities &#8212; including Seattle, Everett and Tacoma &#8212; arrested 571 people for investigation of state and federal charges involving the domestic trafficking of children for sex.

Let's call it the Sex Slavery Super Highway then. I've read that gangs from Mexico consider girls worth more than drugs, because they can turn them over and over.

I've heard that too.
Sickening, isn't it?

I made a mistake by posting that I was leaving the Lindsey Baum Search Center on my facebook! I did say why but I guess some people took it wrong.
Some of you on here write on other forms so I thought I would clear up any misunderstanding on why I am not at the Lindsey Search Center as the director.
But first let me explain a few things.
I am the one who contacted MB when Lindsey went missing she was distraught to say the least, I contacted her because I had just got back from California looking for my niece Amber Dubois, I had been going through this for almost 5 months and was trained to help by LRC and offered my help to a very distraught mom. I helped set up a center for Lindsey so we could get the people we needed to help search for her.
Usually when a group such as the Laura Recovery Center comes in to help a family they are there for about 1 week to train and give the necessary help in putting the center together. By the time LRC leaves or any group leaves the people they have trained have the tools they need to keep a center going. No one from a group such as LRC stays for as long as the center is open. It is just not possible. I did because I live close enough that I could do that, I chose to stay and help and search. I was not representing the LRC at that point; I was representing the Lindsey Baum search center which at this point is an entity of its own. I know that for those of you who have not had to go through this it is hard to understand. I chose to leave and help another family who has asked for help. I left the Lindsey center knowing that everyone there is well trained, determined to keep the center going. They are there because they choose to be because all of them including myself have a deep compassion and love for a little lost girl named Lindsey.
Please understand that the people running the center are wonderful people, they are very much in control of the center, and they know how to run it and what they are doing. Please give them the respect they so deserve.
I am not saying anyone on here has wrote or said anything about me leaving and the search center, but I am hoping that those of you who write on other forms will post this to those forms so that everyone can get a better understanding on what groups like LRC are there to do.
Also everyone at the center knows I will not stay away forever I will still be popping in once in awhile for as long as I can.
Thank You,
Linda Walkup

Thank you for everythign you've done, Linda. Above and beyond the call, for sure.

Thank you Linda for all your devotion and all you have done to try and help find Lindsey. I know this must be very difficult time for you as well as many other families that having missing children. I hope and pray that soon they will locate both Amber and Lindsey. GOD bless you on your journey to help others, your a very special lady and glad you where able to help with Lindsey's case. Thank you..

After a 2nd (slightly different) records request - I received a phone call today from the GHC DC - Saying they'd already responded to the first request .. Which i never received. It seems it was uhm lost in the mail or something.

two things i came accross today......

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22248238/detail.html

Body Found In Thurston County Field
Posted: 11:25 am PST January 15, 2010Updated: 11:29 am PST January 15, 2010

TUMWATER, Wash. -- Deputies are going to the scene of a body found in a field near Tumwater, said the Thurston County Sheriff&#8217;s Office.

Deputies said it appears to be a homicide.

The field is in the 700 block of 101st Avenue.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22238691/detail.html

Mason County sheriff&#8217;s deputies caught 22-year-old Robert Jason Grinde Thursday after a police dog ran him up a tree in a Belfair neighborhood, said KIRO 7 reporter Richard Thompson.

Grinde is one of six suspects accused of kidnapping and unlawfully holding a 30-year-old Pierce County woman for 31 hours, said Scott Wilson of the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office.

The other five suspects, two men and three women, have already been arrested.

i most likly has nothing to do with Lindsey.....but not that far from McCleary.....i thought it would be good to note it......maybe something to sleuth.....maybe not....

After a 2nd (slightly different) records request - I received a phone call today from the GHC DC - Saying they'd already responded to the first request .. Which i never received. It seems it was uhm lost in the mail or something.

Huh, lost in the mail, imagine that. And the answer was?

My first thought about the body in Tumwater was Nancy Moyer, probably not.

That's the second body this month they found.
They found one a few weeks ago in Federal Way and now this one.

I made a mistake by posting that I was leaving the Lindsey Baum Search Center on my facebook! I did say why but I guess some people took it wrong.
Some of you on here write on other forms so I thought I would clear up any misunderstanding on why I am not at the Lindsey Search Center as the director.
But first let me explain a few things.
I am the one who contacted MB when Lindsey went missing she was distraught to say the least, I contacted her because I had just got back from California looking for my niece Amber Dubois, I had been going through this for almost 5 months and was trained to help by LRC and offered my help to a very distraught mom. I helped set up a center for Lindsey so we could get the people we needed to help search for her.
Usually when a group such as the Laura Recovery Center comes in to help a family they are there for about 1 week to train and give the necessary help in putting the center together. By the time LRC leaves or any group leaves the people they have trained have the tools they need to keep a center going. No one from a group such as LRC stays for as long as the center is open. It is just not possible. I did because I live close enough that I could do that, I chose to stay and help and search. I was not representing the LRC at that point; I was representing the Lindsey Baum search center which at this point is an entity of its own. I know that for those of you who have not had to go through this it is hard to understand. I chose to leave and help another family who has asked for help. I left the Lindsey center knowing that everyone there is well trained, determined to keep the center going. They are there because they choose to be because all of them including myself have a deep compassion and love for a little lost girl named Lindsey.
Please understand that the people running the center are wonderful people, they are very much in control of the center, and they know how to run it and what they are doing. Please give them the respect they so deserve.
I am not saying anyone on here has wrote or said anything about me leaving and the search center, but I am hoping that those of you who write on other forms will post this to those forms so that everyone can get a better understanding on what groups like LRC are there to do.
Also everyone at the center knows I will not stay away forever I will still be popping in once in awhile for as long as I can.
Thank You,
Linda Walkup

I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done Linda. We are going to miss seeing you every weekend at the search center but we are happy to know that you are always just a phone call away (just like Sandy and Dawn). I can't thank LRC enough for teaching us, being our support when things are looking down but most of all for being our friends.

Can't wait to see you at the vigil next weekend (be sure and bring the hubby, we need someone to cook us hamburgers and M wants a hot dog cooked special for her ;) )

Praying for Lindsey every day. Let's not make it 7 months, Linds. Time to come home now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay