WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting day in McCleary. Seems like there was lots of activity going on, people running this way and that. I made the comment...is it just me or are people just running around and driving everywhere?

Of course, that could be just me hoping the Perp is getting nervous. Very nervous. :woohoo:

Yeah, I noticed a ton more people out and about today than usual.

Not sure if it was them wanting their vehicle on the news or what.. but it was busy today.

I'm so happy that a specialized team is coming in to look for Lindsey and that the reward has doubled. This is good news! The new flyers look awesome, too. She's such a beautiful girl. I hope she is found soon.

PDF -> http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3268/lindseyreward20k.pdf
JPG -> http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/6655/lindseyreward20k.jpg

lindseyreward20k.jpg

I see what you did there, JVK.

I tried just uploading it to the site. Didn't even think about uploading it to imageshack

Commentary.

I watched the press conference video:

MB mentioned she has relatives in Border Patrol, perhaps that's how LB's case appeared on the Interpol site?

KK seemed to be displaying 'nervous' concern. Does she still feel somewhat responsible for not allowing the sleep over? Doesn't she realize that if she had allowed for MK to walk back with LB that it might not necessarily have prevented LB's disappearance but instead might have enabled for both girls to go missing?

An 'assistant' Special Agent? It's fantastic the FBI is maintaining a presence, and I hope their full expertise is appropriately applied.

At this point, tactics most likely will include specialized approaches to help force inconsistencies in newly obtained statements and alibis.

The doubled reward is a nice touch designed to apply pressure, to make a perp(s) nervous as to whom might be more inclined to risk 'friendship' or overcome fear for money.

I also watched the KIRO7 news video:

The field reporter stated, "It happened right behind me, on this very street...". Interesting: I think he was standing at the intersection of Maple and Main, with the camera facing somewhat southeast. He probably meant somewhere along Maple, not at that particular location. Or did he mean at that very spot?

He also stated that "new investigators" [will] "even question the motive of previous investigators". Does that include previous searchers? Wow. Have the new investigators questioned the tactics of previous investigators? Did previous investigators NOT interview certain townsfolk based on the townsfolk' friendship / position in the community or were certain individuals targeted and not others because of applied bias or were certain properties or houses not searched?

The new investigative team sources from the FBI's 'Behavioral Sciences Center' in Quantico. They might have concluded the perp(s) live in McCleary since the likelihood of stranger abduction is minimal given the national statistics and specific circumstances of this case.

Child Abduction Rapid Deloyment Team. 'Rapid' deployment? Better late than never but a team so-named should have been dispatched during the first days / weeks after LB's disappearance. But, we might expect particular aspects of their expertise are relevant at this point.

A huge thanks to all our determined volunteers who not only support mom Baum, and relinquish their spare time to search for Lindsey, but add to the strength of the collective voice asking for what is needed. I am very proud of each and every one of you kind people. :blowkiss: mho

Amen! In spades. You guys are wonderful.

He also stated that "new investigators" [will] "even question the motive of previous investigators". Does that include previous searchers? Wow. Have the new investigators questioned the tactics of previous investigators? Did previous investigators NOT interview certain townsfolk based on the townsfolk' friendship / position in the community or were certain individuals targeted and not others because of applied bias or were certain properties or houses not searched?

I'm wondering this also

I'm wondering this also

Breanna and I were just talking about this on the phone.

I had to watch the video several times to make sure I heard it correctly. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of all of this.

Commentary.

I watched the press conference video:

MB mentioned she has relatives in Border Patrol, perhaps that's how LB's case appeared on the Interpol site?

KK seemed to be displaying 'nervous' concern. Does she still feel somewhat responsible for not allowing the sleep over? Doesn't she realize that if she had allowed for MK to walk back with LB that it might not necessarily have prevented LB's disappearance but instead might have enabled for both girls to go missing?

An 'assistant' Special Agent? It's fantastic the FBI is maintaining a presence, and I hope their full expertise is appropriately applied.

At this point, tactics most likely will include specialized approaches to help force inconsistencies in newly obtained statements and alibis.

The doubled reward is a nice touch designed to apply pressure, to make a perp(s) nervous as to whom might be more inclined to risk 'friendship' or overcome fear for money.

I also watched the KIRO7 news video:

The field reporter stated, "It happened right behind me, on this very street...". Interesting: I think he was standing at the intersection of Maple and Main, with the camera facing somewhat southeast. He probably meant somewhere along Maple, not at that particular location. Or did he mean at that very spot?

The new investigative team sources from the FBI's 'Behavioral Sciences Center' in Quantico. They might have concluded the perp(s) live in McCleary since the likelihood of stranger abduction is minimal given the national statistics and specific circumstances of this case.

Child Abduction Rapid Deloyment Team. 'Rapid' deployment? Better late than never but a team so-named should have been dispatched during the first days / weeks after LB's disappearance. But, we might expect particular aspects of their expertise are relevant at this point.

I know I am very happy that the FBI and the CARD team is being brought in on Lindsey case. I thought that news cast was excellent. The best so far. Hopefully they will be able to pull the information which is needed to find lindsey. I had to take a step back, when MB mentioned a family member was on the border patrol. Woow and woowsier.. I am hoping that Lindsey will be home soon. Thank you LE, FBI and CARD teams... very much, I appreciated all he work you have done and will be doing.. I am very excited that you all are working on Lindsey's case... Thank you again..

MB seems to be part of a rather large extended family?

I know I am very happy that the FBI and the CARD team is being brought in on Lindsey case. I thought that news cast was excellent. The best so far. Hopefully they will be able to pull the information which is needed to find lindsey. I had to take a step back, when MB mentioned a family member was on the border patrol. Woow and woowsier.. I am hoping that Lindsey will be home soon. Thank you LE, FBI and CARD teams... very much, I appreciated all he work you have done and will be doing.. I am very excited that you all are working on Lindsey's case... Thank you again..

I agree! The news pressor appeared serious, to the point, & revealing! I noticed the assistant agent's aloof confidence in wanting to get the message out to all citizens in McCleary and those surrounding the case. The feds within the behavioral science unit have studied psycholinguistics and know just how to make a presentation with meaning without saying anything that would be detrimental to the case. O/T but the new asst. agent reminds me of Max Hedron. Turn the sound off and watch this gentleman's mannerisms. This pressor seemed well planned to make an impact to who ever was listening. With all the LE who have been working Lindsey's case standing in solidarity also appeared to make a made a non-verbal statement. I was taken aback when this agent referred to Melissa as, "Lindsey's mother" instead of her proper name. My understanding is these agents word there media moments very carefully. The only people in the room that seemed to have some high anxiety appeared to be KK & the mother of Lindsey. Maybe their eyes looking more open than I'v ever seen in media interviews was from the adrenlin of being happy that a more extensive investigation will be provided.

Some of the direction of the case may be, "Confirming that all agencies, policies, & procedure are observed. The agent also must ensure that the rules & regulations of a professional LE organization are followed & adhered to. Agents must review this regularly to make sure all are in complience" The agent/agents make sure effective interviewing strategies were conducted prior to interviews with the family members of the missing child. "A verification process of all details developed during the preliminary investigation. Agent must be alert to facts or statements that conflict with those from the first investigation. It has been said that the agents do a, "brief history of recent family dynamics from neighbors, family members, classmates, employers, co-workers, doctors, social serv. agencies that provide records of family contact maintained by LE agencies, schools & other organizations." Agents will explore the basis for conflicting information. Last (there is more) Monitor Media relations. Investigators should review all notices prior to release to ensure that the investigations objectives are not unintentially compromised for Lindsey's safe recovery or return. "Media needs to be managed in a way that compliments the investigation rather than conflicting with the investigation." This is just a few avenues that take place.

I would say that the agents have their work cut out for them. Look at what has been sluthed all ready! Locals keep us sluthers informed! It will be interesting to hear the communities response to this firm pressor.

"Hope Floats" once again.:dance:

why does the reporter say....that lindsey went missing while walking home five blocks after a pool party???

the pool party i thought was earlier....that she went home took a shower and then walk to her friends house.....was sent home....and then vanished?

huh :waitasec:

That's why I was asking about the very basics of the time line. It seems like every time I think I've got a definitive answer to what happened, something else comes along and blows it up.

Though in this case I suspect it's just bad reporting.

im going thru the first few threads now......and its crazy on the reporting....not sure if its the news....or the stories keep changing....

i was trying to find out if it had been mentioned.....how many computers were in Lindsey's home at the time she went missing?? ......does anyone know....?

oh...if anyone wants to join me.....re-reading thru the first few threads....lots of info...i had for got about

not sure how we can start from the start.....with the info from the start....to make since of it all.....

i dont even know if i make any since....LOL

why does the reporter say....that lindsey went missing while walking home five blocks after a pool party???

the pool party i thought was earlier....that she went home took a shower and then walk to her friends house.....was sent home....and then vanished?

huh :waitasec:

Because the media has so much time to get so much info out. Sometimes they summarize instead of giving an actual minute by minute time line.

Telling the whole story bores people who just want the headlines, sports or weather. They don't want people moving to the next station so they give the viewers what they want.. summary of the days headlines.

That's why I was asking about the very basics of the time line. It seems like every time I think I've got a definitive answer to what happened, something else comes along and blows it up.

Though in this case I suspect it's just bad reporting.

I haven't checked but did this same reporter report on the case earlier on? If not, where did he get that idea that she was coming home from a pool party? Was he recollecting - or did someone brief him just before he went on air?

im going thru the first few threads now......and its crazy on the reporting....not sure if its the news....or the stories keep changing....
<snipped>

After being involved with this over the past few months I can say it's the media.. not the stories changing by MB or KK or anyone else.

The timeline that the LE has is far more accurate than what the media has put out there. Like I said they don't worry about details, they worry about getting just enough info out there to keep the viewers watching.
Tv is all about the ratings and the money they can make... not accurate reporting.

http://www.nwcn.com/video?id=82827387&sec=551977

at the news con.......i wonder why momb didnt say anything about the gov....that the gov being right there at the lake ....but didnt come and support the vigil?....the reporter even asked her about the state being able to increase the reward fund....and she only said...we are hopeful....the reporter gave her a chance to voice her thoughts, after what she wrote about the gov of CA and the reward money he is putting up there.....but not our state.......i wish someone would have thought about that....she may have been caught off gaurd .....those chances dont come very often....the gov needs to here it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay