WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes as we get older we look at things a little bit different then that of a child. I was trying to think back when I was about ten years old and what I did and how I felt. I can see some of the similarities of Lindsey life in comparison. Parents divorced and father remarrying. Being involved with friends, with their roller skating, hanging around watching the ball games. I was about her age when I had my first puppy love to a fella that use to play baseball. I also can see Lindsey with a gentle, compassionate, loving heart, helping out friends with their problems, nursing a puppy or kitten to health. Helping the less fortunate as mentioned with bring cookies to a homeless person so he would have something to eat. Children that age don't really know fear of the unknown always looked to the good of thier neighbors and trust their friends, confide in them their feelings, emotions, things that are going on in the life that you normally can't tell an adult. I also can remember thinking I could take care of myself. I can remember discussing about running away with friends to Canada but at the time was just a fleeting thought.

I have found that Lindsey has really touched me in many ways. I think there are many avenues of possibilities of what could of happened to her and I don't believe they should be cross off until till otherwise proved differently. The lack of evidence of a crime makes it very difficult and challenging to figure out what happened to her. I also believe that brainstorming together as a team helps, it gives ideas that could bring to light other information. I also believe in looking into every aspect of help that one could which might help locate her, I know if it where my child I would not hesitate in a second. So I think if we all pull together maybe we canfind the clues help bring Lindsey home. She needs to come home.

there may not be evidence of a crime but it is obvious one happened.

lindsey isnt out there living the high life on the run..........someone either has her against her will, or......well you know. i cant even type it.

Your link says it all in the face of this little girl who seems to be mimicking what all children of abuse feel. WARNING! Instant sadness upon viewing so hold your heart her pictures could break it.

The astros just posted that the person who is responsible for Lindsey crime was someone she would never have believed that of. Deeply shocked is the description of Lindsey given. Paring down to something absolute while piecing together an elusive criminals identity from crumbs is difficult. There seems to be no definitive answers in a world where evidence & eyewitness accounts don't necessarily add up to anything conclusive or complete. Did the predator strike for money? Maybe, Maybe not??? Did the predator strike from anger??? Was this just in the predtors nature??? Was the predators immagionable act a sign of weakness and self indulgence? Did the predator get a kick out of the hunt or from getting away with it??? Was sex, abduction the predators compulsion??? Has this predator in his past been told he doesn't have to do this and the predator remains to feel they are wrong because he absolutely does have to??? Is this maglignant shell of a person whose antisocial motivations rooted in a psychopathology showing a desperate, rash, impulsive behavior to satisfy the gnawing feelings of resentment and entitlment? If the person broke pattern when he chose Lindsey to assault then anyone and everyone becomes a potential victim. So far the public or LE don't seem worried about this as there has been no outcry to protect the young in McCleary.

Where to go from here in sluething??? Maybe looking at all possible threats at each home on her walk starting at kk's inside, porch moving on to the next house including the ones across from lindsey's side of the road. Probably a silly idea to most but I'm at a loss as there are too many frightening scenarios she may have walked into. Look at the caliber of people she had to pass in life!!!!
Where are all the posters who originally posted but have stopped as we need many to keep this investigative thread open.
Is anyone on Lindsey's thread having a :waitasec: kind of moment concerning her case? I want to empasize that because I talk about the predator I am in no way more interested in his capture than finding Lindsey. People are sensitive so I thought I should clarify. The goal is to find Lindsey only! Find Lindsey find the perp! Find the perp find Lindsey! I'd rather find Lindsey first so the monster can squirm, panic, screw up affording him the death penality.

Im still here my friend :hug:....just lots of family stuff going on right now....i havent had any time to spend doing anything else but read and trying to keep up ....

when things settle down with in my family....i will be trying to do more....i havent forgotten about our Lindsey!!....and yes i am at the moment of :waitasec:......where do we go from here :)

thank you to everyone ....who is looking at every angle....i know how much you all care about our Lindsy.....keep looking outside of the box .....inside the box....on the side of the box....at the top....at the bottom....look at everything again......thats the only thing i can think of doing....until we get more info from LE or so forth about the case :)

Hi. Couldn't sleep, so I decided to check in on what people are talking about concerning the case.
--------------------------------
I also can remember thinking I could take care of myself. I can remember discussing about running away with friends to Canada but at the time was just a fleeting thought.
--------------------------------
I vividly remember as a child, just a few years older than Lindsey, wanting to run away from all of the stress in my household. At the time, I envisioned myself hitchiking to California! I prayed about it, actually, and I think I received an answer. I tried to imagine myself being given a ride by some trucker...and remember getting very scary feelings about ever actually doing it. One time I did run away, barefoot through the woods, over the rr tracks and along the highway in the rain to get away from abuse at home. I did get a ride to my dad's house. I was very, very lucky this person had good intentions.

there may not be evidence of a crime but it is obvious one happened.

lindsey isnt out there living the high life on the run..........someone either has her against her will, or......well you know. i cant even type it.
-----------------------------
I'm going to keep the running away scenario on my list of possibilities. If you read my last post, as a child, I literally "ran away." Also, you will note that it wasn't a "planned out deal" with a boyfriend or friend. If it was a different person who picked me up, I might not be writing this.

So, there are different interpretations on that scenario:

Here's one of mine: Someone she knew or was acquainted with offered her a ride and to talk. This person did not have good intentions.

Where are all the posters who originally posted but have stopped as we need many to keep this investigative thread open.

I've been posting with you guys since the beginning. I'm sorry I'm not so active here. I wish I could be more. It's so discouraging to go for so long with no info :(

I think about her every day.

I've been posting with you guys since the beginning. I'm sorry I'm not so active here. I wish I could be more. It's so discouraging to go for so long with no info :(

I think about her every day.

I think about her everyday too. :(

I'm still here, but there doesn't seem to be a lot I can do except pray.

I don't think saying that Lindsay might have run away, or been interested in a boy, is in any way denigrating to her. Girls on the cusp of adolescence start to be interested in boys. Girls on the cusp of adolescence start to want to be alone, to be in charge of their own time, to assert their independence. If she broke curfew or decided to hang out with a boy she liked, that doesn't mean her disappearance was her fault, or her family's fault. It's only a potential clue about where to look. I don't think we can rule out any avenue by which harm might have come upon her. Clearly it's possible a bad person snatched her, but it's also possible she was just wandering around enjoying the summer night and the freedom of being away from everybody who was giving her grief -- and encountered an accident in a place that hasn't been looked at yet.

There were a lot of people out in their yards, in the streets, coming home from stores and jobs. I think if she had been snatched by a stranger, she would have screamed, kicked, bitten, whatever, and somebody would have heard or seen something, or there would have been signs left. If somebody did take her, she went willingly -- and again, I don't think this says anything against her. It says she was a good and trusting person whose kindness may have been betrayed.

Another thing I have been thinking about--anyone who heard the woman who sent Lindsey's brother home and was around at the time of that incident, might assume Lindsey was walking home alone as her brother had been sent home and waited for her.

I found the above comment on another forum. It raises points I've not thought of and here they are, if only to dispel:

Regarding the person who sent JB home: is it possible that person later saw LB walking toward home alone, and knowing she had sent JB home some minutes earlier because of a quarrel intercepted LB and suggested to her she stay at their house for a while until JB or her mom cools down and that she'll text her mom stating she is at her house helping out or some such? Maybe the person faked textting and ...?

I understand LE had interviewed everyone involved in that immediate location and time frame, and most likely searched their houses and those in the immediate vicinity.

But, this person ... wasn't she visiting a neighbor? Doesn't this person live on a different street? Closer to or on Main or 3rd? Possibly near LN .. near the pool party house? An 'observer'?

CAUTION: thought-ramblings at work, avoid pit-falls

id ask what le's opinion is on all this but it doesnt look like theyre even intrested anymore :(

I found the above comment on another forum. It raises points I've not thought of and here they are, if only to dispel:

Regarding the person who sent JB home: is it possible that person later saw LB walking toward home alone, and knowing she had sent JB home some minutes earlier because of a quarrel intercepted LB and suggested to her she stay at their house for a while until JB or her mom cools down and that she'll text her mom stating she is at her house helping out or some such? Maybe the person faked textting and ...?

I understand LE had interviewed everyone involved in that immediate location and time frame, and most likely searched their houses and those in the immediate vicinity.

But, this person ... wasn't she visiting a neighbor? Doesn't this person live on a different street? Closer to or on Main or 3rd? Possibly near LN .. near the pool party house? An 'observer'?

CAUTION: thought-ramblings at work, avoid pit-falls

I believe this Rena person is a neighbor of the Baum's (so I interpret that as she lives close to 319 E Mommsen) and she was said to be visiting a house 2 or 3 down from KK's. ((Re: the 2 witnesses who saw Lindsey on her way home - one was a neighbor and one was a family friend - so maybe Rena is not the neighbor???)) So.... if Rena was in this yard and sent Josh home and then saw Lindsey heading home a few minutes later - did she offer her a ride? Or.... who else was at that house, and who might have left at the time Lindsey disappeared? (btw, I believe this info in blue above came from Kara and has not been confirmed - we still do not know if that is what happened or if what MK said is the true statement - that she and Lindsey were teasing Josh and he got sick of it and went home on his own will). Why don't we know which it is?

In the beginning I really thought this might be a crime of opportunity - by someone passing through town around 3rd or Main - near the bus stop - but I don't believe Lindsey would get in a car with someone she didn't know and if it was an abduction, she would have fought and someone would have seen or heard something.

Another thought I have had is that maybe there were some white lies told in the beginning by the parents involved about exactly what the girls' plans were and where they were or what they were doing that evening - in order to not look like bad parents who didn't know what was going on. I am not saying they are bad parents, or didn't know what was going on - I just think it is possible that they told some lies so they wouldn't look negligent and now after so long they cannot come clean because it will make them look guilty in some way.

Also, we have never heard from MB if she really did get a text from the person who sent Josh home, right?

Please bare with my post - I have bronchitis again and I don't know if I am making sense.

So many unknown details, eight months later :(
The person you are talking about who sent JB home lives at 433 N Sand Creek Rd, not near Lindsey. Just wanted to clarify that.

Hope you feel better soon Jules.

So many unknown details, eight months later :(
The person you are talking about who sent JB home lives at 433 N Sand Creek Rd, not near Lindsey. Just wanted to clarify that.

Hope you feel better soon Jules.

Thanks Knox! Yes, I think I do remember that address now. So she is the "family friend" and the other witness was the "neighbor on her way to work".

It is very frustrating what little we know about the details in this case. It seems if you strip away everything about what KK and MB have said, we are only left with:

1. Lindsey was at the video store at 8:19 pm*
2. Lindsey was last seen by two separate witnesses around 9:15-9:30 somewhere between 5th & 6th and Maple
3. Melissa called the police to report Lindsey missing at 10:45-10:50 pm

*I've asked this before also.... What was Lindsey wearing in the video store surveillance? Is it the same thing she was reported to be wearing by both witnesses who saw her? And who all was with her at the video store?

Probably not significant, but the person who sent Josh home appears to be the only person who took steps to separate Lindsay from her friends.

Is this worth repeating as it has been said before:

Maybe the FBI does have a pretty good idea of who took her away, for whatever reason. They are waiting and watching for the person to reveal more information about where she is.

Thinking about the accident scenario again as well. Didn't we arrive at a tentative conclusion that if an accident, someone must have moved her in a vehicle, since the dogs didn't track her?

There are people out there who might even deliberately try to hit a child with a car either out of some misplaced anger or because they would claim they were bored, etc. Have you ever heard someone saying jokingly while driving, that a person is a target to be run down?

Is this worth repeating as it has been said before:

Maybe the FBI does have a pretty good idea of who took her away, for whatever reason. They are waiting and watching for the person to reveal more information about where she is.

It seems like this would have to be the case. When I was discussing this case with someone close to me, the things that stood out to them were: 1) the FBI being involved and now bringing in the CARD team, and 2) Lindsey being on INTERPOL. Does the FBI always get involved? Not every missing child is listed on INTERPOL.

It seems like this would have to be the case. When I was discussing this case with someone close to me, the things that stood out to them were: 1) the FBI being involved and now bringing in the CARD team, and 2) Lindsey being on INTERPOL. Does the FBI always get involved? Not every missing child is listed on INTERPOL.

Thanks for reminding me about those "little" details. :waitasec:

With those things in mind, abductors have been known to hit targets with their vehicle to knock them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member