WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please feel free to delete any of my posts if the theories are too far from topic....I am just trying to think of new angles....

New angles are good. I think it's been around 3 weeks since the latest "new push for information" and we haven't heard a thing. It's frustrating to say the least. I think about this often and just do NOT understand how Lindsey could vanish off the face of the earth without a trace. We need some answers! We need Lindsey found! It's been too long.

Olympia police have released sketches of a person who was spotted standing in a homeowner's yard Nov. 13 in the 1200 block of Ethridge Avenue Northeast.

When the resident asked the man for identification, the man said he would get it from his vehicle but instead drove away. The man was described as 5 feet 9, 20 to 25 years old, with a thin build and reddish-brown hair. His vehicle was described as a silver, newer-model Mazda sedan with a yellow “Titus Will” advertisement visible.

The Etheridge Drive home belongs to an aunt and uncle of Lindsey Baum, the McCleary girl who vanished while walking home from a friend’s house in June. Investigators have said they suspect foul play in Lindsey’s disappearance. Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said his office has been in touch with Olympia detectives about the latest incident, but as of now there is no reason to think the man is connected to Lindsey’s disappearance.

Missing McCleary girl's family victimized in Olympia
NWCN - 12/10/09

Relatives of Lindsey Baum, the McCleary 10-year-old girl who vanished in June, called Olympia police last month to report a stranger in their backyard. The homeowner said the man was crouching beneath the bedroom window of Baum's two female cousins, who are 9 and 12 years old.

Olympia Police said any connection between the two cases is coincidental, but Grays Harbor County investigators have been in touch with Olympia Detectives about the Nov. 13 incident. Investigators in the Baum case have not identified any suspects in the girl's disappearance.

"It's scary," said Derric, the father of the girls who did not want his last name published. Derric said he and his wife were already nervous about their kids' safety after what happened to his niece. "It even makes you more cautious about your own children," said Derric.

Olympia police have released a sketch of the suspect from the case in the backyard break-in. Detectives said the man may be responsible for two attempted luring cases in Olympia in November.

On Nov. 10, about eight blocks from the house where the man was seen, a man approached a 10-year-old girl and asked if she needed a ride. She ran home and police were contacted.

On November 24, about two miles from the home, a 9-year-old girl said a stranger asked her if she could help him load groceries into her car. She said no and ran away.

Looks like reddish brown hair to me.........
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwhitlock/4372336148/
http://www.flickr.com/people/rwhitlock/photosof/

Maybe he has a slver Mazda?....

Police are asking for the public’s help to identify the person in the sketch. Anyone with information is being asked to call Detective Fayette at 709-2779 or Thurston County Crime Stoppers at 493-2222.

I have not called this in. Maybe a local can look into this further....

If at all possible - could his address be deleted from this forum? I know this man, he is active in the peace and justice community in Olympia, a good guy, and I'm really uncomfortable seeing an innocent person written about this way.

I understand that we are sleuthing out possible connections. Maybe if there are concerns they can be given to police rather than posted online with full name and address details?

I know the connections he draws may seem odd, I myself don't agree with that past theory of his. But because there is so little info on this case, I give folks the benefit of the doubt, you know? Some of us are eccentric but that don't mean we are guilty of anything.

An odd blog about the disappearance...

From http://peacepotential.blogspot.com/2010/03/letter-to-grays-harbor-county-sheriff.html
Here's a letter I wrote to the Gray's Harbor County Sheriff regarding the case of Lindsey Baum and the Bohemian Grove. The following is cross-posted from OlyBlog.

Dated Nov.5, 2009...
http://inthecourseofevents.blogspot.com/2009/11/care-is-dull-bohemian-grove-violence.html

An odd blog about the disappearance...

From http://peacepotential.blogspot.com/2010/03/letter-to-grays-harbor-county-sheriff.html
Here's a letter I wrote to the Gray's Harbor County Sheriff regarding the case of Lindsey Baum and the Bohemian Grove. The following is cross-posted from OlyBlog.

Dated Nov.5, 2009...
http://inthecourseofevents.blogspot.com/2009/11/care-is-dull-bohemian-grove-violence.html

This same Olympia guy seems interested in violence...
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cycle_of_Violence_-_^Berd.jpg

Any similarities?...
Dated Nov.13, 2009...trespassing on Etheridge...
http://www.theolympian.com/2009/12/12/v-standalone/1068288/olympia-police-release-sketches.html

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...itlock+olympia+wa&hl=en&sa=G&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1

What are the odds of posting about LB, looking similar to a trespasser picture, and living blocks away from Etheridge ?.............Wonder how he would look in a green flannel shirt........

Real close to Etheridge...
<name and address redacted>

The guy in the photo does not look much like the guy in the sketch to me.

Olympia police have released sketches of a person who was spotted standing in a homeowner's yard Nov. 13 in the 1200 block of Ethridge Avenue Northeast.

When the resident asked the man for identification, the man said he would get it from his vehicle but instead drove away. The man was described as 5 feet 9, 20 to 25 years old, with a thin build and reddish-brown hair. His vehicle was described as a silver, newer-model Mazda sedan with a yellow “Titus Will” advertisement visible.

The Etheridge Drive home belongs to an aunt and uncle of Lindsey Baum, the McCleary girl who vanished while walking home from a friend’s house in June. Investigators have said they suspect foul play in Lindsey’s disappearance. Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said his office has been in touch with Olympia detectives about the latest incident, but as of now there is no reason to think the man is connected to Lindsey’s disappearance.

Missing McCleary girl's family victimized in Olympia
NWCN - 12/10/09

Relatives of Lindsey Baum, the McCleary 10-year-old girl who vanished in June, called Olympia police last month to report a stranger in their backyard. The homeowner said the man was crouching beneath the bedroom window of Baum's two female cousins, who are 9 and 12 years old.

Olympia Police said any connection between the two cases is coincidental, but Grays Harbor County investigators have been in touch with Olympia Detectives about the Nov. 13 incident. Investigators in the Baum case have not identified any suspects in the girl's disappearance.

"It's scary," said Derric, the father of the girls who did not want his last name published. Derric said he and his wife were already nervous about their kids' safety after what happened to his niece. "It even makes you more cautious about your own children," said Derric.

Olympia police have released a sketch of the suspect from the case in the backyard break-in. Detectives said the man may be responsible for two attempted luring cases in Olympia in November.

On Nov. 10, about eight blocks from the house where the man was seen, a man approached a 10-year-old girl and asked if she needed a ride. She ran home and police were contacted.

On November 24, about two miles from the home, a 9-year-old girl said a stranger asked her if she could help him load groceries into her car. She said no and ran away.

Looks like reddish brown hair to me.........
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwhitlock/4372336148/
http://www.flickr.com/people/rwhitlock/photosof/

Maybe he has a slver Mazda?....

Police are asking for the public’s help to identify the person in the sketch. Anyone with information is being asked to call Detective Fayette at 709-2779 or Thurston County Crime Stoppers at 493-2222.

I have not called this in. Maybe a local can look into this further....

Posting pictures of trespasser for reference:

Baum trespasser.JPG

I have been just monitoring this forum/case for a while. I watched as new developments were announced. ie. trucks with pictures, new video and press releases. But I lost hope some time ago. When I read the SW for the DG property. The details are burnt into my brain. The cell phone patterns, the "I gotta go" to his girlfriend at exactly the time Lindsey would be walking by, the conflicting stories to LE and on and on. I'm convinced. And I stopped searching when I realized my guy was an avid bow hunter. He knows all about getting well off the road to dispose of a body.

Yet I see you guys looking at developing other suspects so I am left asking myself two questions. One is "why?" The other is "Did I miss something?" Was there a develpment that mitigated all the SW info and I was wrong?

Right now, I believe LE has their guy. They just don't have a case. Someone please tell me if I am wrong. Also, if I've crossed some forum "lines" here, I apologize and will delete this message if it in anyway compromises our goals.

I have been just monitoring this forum/case for a while. I watched as new developments were announced. ie. trucks with pictures, new video and press releases. But I lost hope some time ago. When I read the SW for the DG property. The details are burnt into my brain. The cell phone patterns, the "I gotta go" to his girlfriend at exactly the time Lindsey would be walking by, the conflicting stories to LE and on and on. I'm convinced. And I stopped searching when I realized my guy was an avid bow hunter. He knows all about getting well off the road to dispose of a body.

Yet I see you guys looking at developing other suspects so I am left asking myself two questions. One is "why?" The other is "Did I miss something?" Was there a develpment that mitigated all the SW info and I was wrong?

Right now, I believe LE has their guy. They just don't have a case. Someone please tell me if I am wrong. Also, if I've crossed some forum "lines" here, I apologize and will delete this message if it in anyway compromises our goals.

Makes sense and we never did hear back about the results of the Golder search did we? I remember during all of that - I thought for sure he was the guy. And in one of the videos at the Shell, it sure looks like him. One shot without his sweatshirt on, one shot with it on. Did anyone identify that person in the video? I guess we are just grasping at anything we can in hopes of closing this case and bringing Lindsey home or the justice she deserves. It's just so frustrating! Wonder what dg has been up to lately and if he seems nervous?

plaid hooded white cap.JPG
plaid hooded 2.JPG

City of McCleary and I believe fire departments from elsewhere have a major operation underway in McCleary at the moment - sewer system along Maple street is being carefully searched. We hear that this has happened before and that it was not spurred by any new tip or anything.

City of McCleary and I believe fire departments from elsewhere have a major operation underway in McCleary at the moment - sewer system along Maple street is being carefully searched. We hear that this has happened before and that it was not spurred by any new tip or anything.

Ooooh very interesting. Please keep us posted Sarah! Thanks.

Any other locals out there want to chime in?

Just returned from McCleary..

They had Thurston County, Black Lake and Tumwater fire trucks, ambulances, Search and Rescue, and medic vehicles down there and were searching a storm water drain of some sort. Started at west end of Maple and they were last seen searching the creek behind the Shell station. We didn't see any LE (McCleary, County, State Patrol nor the FBI) anywhere in town.

They were lowering guys in diving suits down into the drains. When we questioned them (and MB questioned the FBI) we were told this was "routine".

Personally "routine" to me sounds like "diversion" in LE speak. ;)

IMO if any searches were conducted today.. they were not in McCleary.

Will upload pictures in a little bit. I need to go get my daughter from school first.

btw--media was present so it might be on the news at 5 pm (I think it was channel 7 Kiro who was there)

I didn't see anything about McCleary on KIRO's website, but I did see a lot of coverage of a coast guard ferryboat evacuation drill.

Also this:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/23672244/detail.html

Posted: 12:15 pm PDT May 25, 2010Updated: 1:17 pm PDT May 25, 2010
OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A 9-year-old girl said she was approached by a man in a car when she was walking home from school on Friday.
The girl described the man as a white man in his 50s, with medium-length reddish hair, a thin, sunken face, yellowish teeth and obvious silver fillings. She said he was wearing a red T-shirt with a picture of Jimi Hendrix on the front.

He was driving a gray or silver boxy-type vehicle such as a Scion XB or Honda Element. It had a 3-d baseball on back window, one that looks like it's lodged in the window.

She said the vehicle looked &#8220;beat up&#8221; and also noticed the vehicle had a bumper sticker or other decal of some sort which read something like &#8220;Rock and Roll&#8221; or &#8220;Walk and Roll,&#8221; police said.

The guys in yellow are the divers from Thurston County.
24182784.jpg

87734850.jpg

18822504.jpg

36811771.jpg

36582158.jpg

92130473.jpg

Just returned from McCleary..

They had Thurston County, Black Lake and Tumwater fire trucks, ambulances, Search and Rescue, and medic vehicles down there and were searching a storm water drain of some sort. Started at west end of Maple and they were last seen searching the creek behind the Shell station. We didn't see any LE (McCleary, County, State Patrol nor the FBI) anywhere in town.

They were lowering guys in diving suits down into the drains. When we questioned them (and MB questioned the FBI) we were told this was "routine".

Personally "routine" to me sounds like "diversion" in LE speak. ;)

IMO if any searches were conducted today.. they were not in McCleary.

Will upload pictures in a little bit. I need to go get my daughter from school first.

btw--media was present so it might be on the news at 5 pm (I think it was channel 7 Kiro who was there)

JennO, you think this could have been a diversion from another search taking place outside of McCleary?

I didn't see anything about McCleary on KIRO's website, but I did see a lot of coverage of a coast guard ferryboat evacuation drill.

Also this:

Posted: 12:15 pm PDT May 25, 2010Updated: 1:17 pm PDT May 25, 2010
OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A 9-year-old girl said she was approached by a man in a car when she was walking home from school on Friday....
The girl described the man as a white man in his 50s, with medium-length reddish hair, a thin, sunken face, yellowish teeth and obvious silver fillings. She said he was wearing a red T-shirt with a picture of Jimi Hendrix on the front.

He was driving a gray or silver boxy-type vehicle such as a Scion XB or Honda Element. It had a 3-d baseball on back window, one that looks like it's lodged in the window.

She said the vehicle looked &#8220;beat up&#8221; and also noticed the vehicle had a bumper sticker or other decal of some sort which read something like &#8220;Rock and Roll&#8221; or &#8220;Walk and Roll,&#8221; police said.

thank you for posting this.......uggg

Today is National Missing Children's Day.

"Since 1983, our nation has observed May 25th as National Missing Children&#8217;s Day. First proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan and observed by every administration since, May 25th is the anniversary of the day in 1979 when 6-year-old Etan Patz disappeared from a New York street corner on his way to school." http://www.take25.org/page.asp?page=51

JennO, you think this could have been a diversion from another search taking place outside of McCleary?

Well considering there wasn't an LE anywhere in site for this one.. Yes, I do. Again, that is MY OPINION not something to be taken as fact. :)

I just got an update and they said this search of the storm drain was done using "better equipment" than what they had previously used. It was just "routine" and I'm assuming nothing was found.

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A 9-year-old girl said she was approached by a man in a car when she was walking home from school on Friday.

*The Roosevelt Elementary School student said she got off the school bus near Miller Avenue Northeast and Fairview Street around 3:45 p.m. when a man in a vehicle approached her.*

8The man talked to the girl and said he needed someone to help pull weeds and asked her to get in his car, Olympia police said.*

this is the same area as the other ones from before....including the man that was peaking inside the window of Lindsey uncle house......

i think this makes four attempts....since around Dec of 09?

plus same color and type of car....same reddish hair.....as the man described before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member