WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if momb is looking for medical care for Josh....if she is...this childrens hospital in Tacoma is a wonderful place with very caring doctors....i think Josh would get the needed care here....if MomB would contact a social worker there and tell them whats going on with her family....i think Momb would get the support her and Josh needs....if Josh needs in care help at the hospital for awhile....the hospital has a place there for parents to stay in for 20.00 a night or free if you can not afford it.....if Josh is on medicaid, they will pay for it......its a wonderful building right next to the hospital with individual apartments for the parents to stay in......just a thought :)

http://www.multicare.org/marybridge/pediatric-psychology

*Pediatric Psychology & Psychiatry Services evaluates neuropsychological and neurobehavioral problems such as autism spectrum disorders, neuropsychological injury due to head trauma or medical condition, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, and learning disabilities.

Also, our pediatric psychologists/psychiatrist evaluate and treat acutely and chronically ill children with related psychological concerns.

Our multidisciplinary approach means children benefit from the expertise of our entire team. Our psychologists/psychiatrist consult with the Mary Bridge inpatient units and outpatient specialty medical clinics involved with a patient’s treatment to ensure the most appropriate care and treatment are provided for each child.*

also....i know this wont sound good....but ....if you are homeless and you go to a homeless shelter like salvation army.....and stay there i think 2 nights....that bumps you up the list for the low cost housing in olympia.....to get low cost housing there is a waiting list.....they go on a points system also.....having a child, a disability, homeless...ect...can bump you up to get the houseing faster...... they can also help plug her into resources.....

I'm so sorry to read that mom Baum and her son Josh are having such problems. And continuing problems that are getting worse. How can we help this family? The worst event in the world has happened to her and Josh, and it's no surprise that depression would set in for mom and an escalation of acting out for Josh. What is surprising is that there is no help for them.

Mom Baum's depression is such that sheis having a difficult time navigating life right now? What will help her the most? If that's the case, imo a job won't work, rather an assessment for a worsening depression along with treatment may. The basics of life, such as food on the table and a roof over her head - but from reading, everyone already knows that.

Thank goodness for our WS members who are providing support for mom Baum - she must feel very alone in this world and a hug, a soft word, a moment of caring is an inexpensive way of giving treatment - treatment in the form of love - something that she seems to be missing and needing right now.

Living in Chicago makes it difficult to help - but one thing I would suggest right away is that someone accompany her to a pharmacist who can weed through that basket of medications she has - if they are old and outdated, no longer needed, they need to be tossed. They can cause a lot of damage if taken to hurt herself. Always amazes me how alone people can be in this big, huge world. My heart goes out to mom Baum and Josh and a huge thanks to all those who are working to get her help. :blowkiss:

Looks like a dog event during that period...

http://funbeach.com/events/doggieolympics/

From http://beachpets.com/wrdpr/2009/06/

Doggie Olympic Games: PHOTOS
June 27, 2009 by Posting Puppy
Filed under Announcements, Photos
Comments Off
Congratulations to the Long Beach Merchants and City of Long Beach for another outstanding Doggie Olympic Games!

The Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau maintains a page on the day of fun which describes the events. It’s a good page to bookmark as that’s the first place you’ll find 2010 information.

Maybe registration forms would have useful information....
http://funbeach.com/events/doggieolympics/2010/DoggieOlympicGamesRegistration2010.pdf

More events that weekend...

http://www.oceanshoresinfo.com/pics/sand&sawdustfestival2009.html

JUNE
June 26-28 73rd Annual Winlock Egg Days
Winlock
360-295-3626

whoa.......I sure hope Josh and mom B get the help they need!...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93633999.html
more at link!

TUMWATER, Wash. -- The mother of missing girl Lindsey Baum has new troubles, as not only has she lost her daughter; now she's lost her home.

"I never thought we'd be homeless, and we are," said Melissa Baum. She and her son can't afford another night in the Tumwater motel they've been staying.

Baum says her son with special needs could no longer cope in McCleary.

"He has horrible nightmares every night," she said.

Josh expresses guilt over fighting with Lindsey before she disappeared and not walking her home. His behavior problems have escalated and Baum says that prompted a relative who took them in to lock them out.

The Problem Solvers have paid for Baum to stay another two weeks at the motel. The extended stay gives Baum time to send her son back East for the summer to stay with his dad while she looks for work, a place to live, and her missing daughter.
Hi TakeNote, I had read that her and Josh were staying with a friend up in Ranier Wa. That must have come to an end. xox

Hi Coralorac, Sorry i don't know who the women the blue van is but I am sure LE does as they did not press for more information on her, as they did with the rest and did not show her entering the shop just her feet. But I would also like to know who she is.....

FYI - some of the media links for the surveillance videos contain less footage than others.

Thought it would be good to provide a couple of links that contain the most footage available:

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/lindsey-baum

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/92726054.html

Something in particular I’m curious about is in the 3rd video titled “Male, blue plaid shirt”.

Beginning at 30 seconds into the video, we see a blue SUV pull up and park at the pump.

A woman who is presumably the driver, gets out of the blue SUV and walks directly into the Shell station just as the man in blue plaid shirt is exiting.

Then at 1:48 on the tape, it appears she is captured again by a different camera the moment she enters the store.

Does anyone recognize her?

:waitasec:

Pictures of unknown woman and blue SUV:
woman.JPG

blue suv.JPG

I visit McCleary often, I practically live there part time. This morning in a McCleary neighborhood I saw really suspicious circumstances and called it into the police. Chief Crumb responded and was very helpful. My concerns were checked out and I was kept updated too. The McCleary police did a really good job.

McCleary is often bashed elsewhere online, but from what I can see, this is a good town, with the pros and cons of most any town this size.

As this morning continued I talked with neighbors about how their lives have changed because of Lindsey's disappearance. One father told me that he now drives friends of his children home, even though they are in their teens, and even though they might live only a few blocks away.

We talked about June 26th last year, about that night, about how light it was outside at that time, and how McCleary seemed so safe and such a great place for kids.

We also talked about how bad things can happen so quickly.

I've seen FBI and other law enforcement agencies scour this town several times and I've only seen a little bit of what all is going on. My prayers and thanks are with everyone working so hard to find Lindsey, including all you volunteers.

Thank you.

Breanna,
I don't either. I checked GH Jail roster and do not show him - but that post was from Mar 26. I did a check on white pages to see if I could find anyone in McCleary with this name or similar spelling and I do find someone - different spelling of first name and s on end of last name. Looks like he has a possible business in Shelton, lots of cases on the WA Courts site, a former address in Longview and Battleground, WA.

Back in April I posted something I saw on facebook where a person "claimed" LR was in jail for forcing a young girl into his vehicle at the Shell station on the night of June 26. LR is the father of CR (who is one of Lindsey's "besties").

With all the new efforts to track down a few people from the Shell surveillance - how likely is it that LE is looking for these people because one of them may have witnessed what was posted on fb? Anyone know what kind of car LR or BR (his brother) drive?

Back in April I posted something I saw on facebook where a person "claimed" LR was in jail for forcing a young girl into his vehicle at the Shell station on the night of June 26. LR is the father of CR (who is one of Lindsey's "besties").

With all the new efforts to track down a few people from the Shell surveillance - how likely is it that LE is looking for these people because one of them may have witnessed what was posted on fb? Anyone know what kind of car LR or BR (his brother) drive?

Hi Jules, I think that is a very good possibility one of those people saw something and it could be the reason they have given this to the public. Remembering of course that LE in this case uses the media as a tool to further the investigation. I think LR is back in town now from what I read. IMO

The other thought is early on LE put out a statement to the public saying SS like, 'Do you know of anyone who could have been in McCleary that night who lives out of town and makes it thru McCleary on Friday nights?' It could be that person they are looking for. The man in the video with the plaid shirt and army hat was supposedly an out of towner and they are looking for him. xox

"We've never been able to identify the occupants of that pickup truck or that man in the plaid shirt," Scott said.

As for why such a long delay in getting these tapes, Scott says they thought they had all the video camera footage from the nearby stores, but there was a language barrier with the owner of the station and the owner was not that familiar with the surveillance software. They didn't even know the video existed until now.

Ok I am quoting the above because 'ok I can see a language barrier' being a problem at first. But days into it maybe even hours after they were asked something about video's would have to click watching the 'Town' in a frenzy outside your store windows'. Cops stopping cars in a line up to ask questions. People with signs, mom Baum (did she smoke, drink soda like a bad habit) was this her neighborhood store for those habits. If so they would recognize how upset she was and start to understand I would think, about being asked about the video!!! This makes me very suspicious!! To say the least.

The man in the plaid shirt appears to be asking for directions to me, he gestures with his hands when talking to the clerk or points. As he is walking out of the store he appears to look in the direction Lindsey should have been walking in, so I can see why they want to talk to him. Having lived in this neck of the woods since 1987 my county line connects/boarders McCleary this man looks familiar to me in that he is wearing clothes that have always seemed like a staple for a man in the pacific northwest. I find that idea a daunting one! Yet I so wish this video of his face was clearer so I could be sure.

Thinking of Lindsey and her family daily hoping for some news. On my mind all the time Lindsey, where are you?

"We've never been able to identify the occupants of that pickup truck or that man in the plaid shirt," Scott said.

As for why such a long delay in getting these tapes, Scott says they thought they had all the video camera footage from the nearby stores, but there was a language barrier with the owner of the station and the owner was not that familiar with the surveillance software. They didn't even know the video existed until now.

Ok I am quoting the above because 'ok I can see a language barrier' being a problem at first. But days into it maybe even hours after they were asked something about video's would have to click watching the 'Town' in a frenzy outside your store windows'. Cops stopping cars in a line up to ask questions. People with signs, mom Baum (did she smoke, drink soda like a bad habit) was this her neighborhood store for those habits. If so they would recognize how upset she was and start to understand I would think, about being asked about the video!!! This makes me very suspicious!! To say the least.

The man in the plaid shirt appears to be asking for directions to me, he gestures with his hands when talking to the clerk or points. As he is walking out of the store he appears to look in the direction Lindsey should have been walking in, so I can see why they want to talk to him. Having lived in this neck of the woods since 1987 my county line connects/boarders McCleary this man looks familiar to me in that he is wearing clothes that have always seemed like a staple for a man in the pacific northwest. I find that idea a daunting one! Yet I so wish this video of his face was clearer so I could be sure.

Thinking of Lindsey and her family daily hoping for some news. On my mind all the time Lindsey, where are you?

My posts on Thread #17 , page 14 are about the Shell station...:twocents:

Odd premonitions...

From http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1948216/lindsey_baum_and_the_intersection_of.html

Did Lindsey Have a Clue to Her Own Disappearance?

Did Lindsey herself have a premonition concerning her disappearance? A message on Lindsey's Baum's MySpace page dated May 29 reads, "i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen." The emoticon accompanying this message indicates that Lindsey's mood was scared. Two and one half hours earlier when she joined MySpace, Lindsey Baum had indicated that her mood was good. Did something change besides her mood during that time period?

Did Lindsey Baum talk to anyone between the two postings?

Online Bloggers Slam Lindsey Baum's Mom and Her Friend Kayla's Mom

Reading about Lindsey Baum- or any missing child- is heartbreaking. But reading online comments about Lindsey's case- too many of them critical of Lindsey's mother Melissa Baum and of Kara Kampen for letting her walk home at night- makes me wonder about the effect of the blogger commentary.

Kara Kampen, who pens under the name MomWhoWrites on Associated Content, told of her regrets concerning June 26 in an article titled Lindsey Baum, 10, Missing from McCleary, Washington:

From http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090901201019AABYj9c

Did Michaela Garecht have a true premonition before her kidnapping?
The crimes committed against her were pure evil. She was kidnapped and raped repeatedly for 18 years. According to CNN (direct quote):

A week before 9-year-old Michaela Garecht was kidnapped in Hayward, California, in 1988, she wrote a poem about people who had been abducted, her mother said Tuesday. "She sat down at the coffee table and wrote a poem about people behind the doors of steel, an amazing poem for a 9-year-old, ... and a week later she was kidnapped," Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, said. "It seems to me ... like it must be some sort of a prophesy or premonition, and I keep hearing the words that she said -- 'It's about people who were kidnapped and are being held captive, not people who were kidnapped and were killed.'

Missing girl's mom finds hope in Jaycee Dugard case
From http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/01/missing.girl.cases/index.html
Contra Costa County sheriff's Lt. Steve Simpkins said police in Antioch and neighboring Pittsburg were searching Garrido's property "for evidence relating to open cases."

Previous address of Shell owner....maybe a California connection ?
Map - 423 LEVEE RD, PITTSBURG, CA

Same owner, Puyallup address
Map - 8616 125TH STREET CT, PUYALLUP, WA

Many Garridos in Washington, even in Puyallup, but probably coincidences for a common name...
http://dexknows.whitepages.com/sear...me=&name=garrido&city_zip=wa&localtime=survey
Garrido
8309 142nd Avenue Ct E
Puyallup, WA 98372-6002

Any chance this could be the green flannel shirt guy ?
http://salaswildthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/08/phillip-garrido-nancy-garrido-arrested.html
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01471/phillip-garrido_1471723c.jpg
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6813576.ece
http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com/
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

From http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+angels+lindsey+baum&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Garrido and his wife Nancy Garrido, 54, were arrested for investigation of kidnapping and conspiracy on Wednesday, police said.

Lindsey Baum's mother reacts

In Washington state, the family of missing McCleary resident Lindsey Baum heard the news.

"Of course I think it's great because I've felt all along my daughter is alive and well," said Melissa Baum, mother of Lindsey.

Lindsey, now 12 years old, was last seen walking home from a friend's house June 26th.

Volunteer searches for Lindsey are planned in the town of McCleary this weekend.

"I just pray I don't have to wait that long," said Melissa Baum.

I think that if Garrido was responsible for Lindsey's abduction, she would have been found when he was found out. I could be wrong, but with how he kept Jaycee captive, that's probably what he would have done with Lindsey. Right? I could be way off.

Maybe security cameras at Shell owners other businesses can be looked at ?
From http://dexknows.whitepages.com/sear...e=sang&name=moon&city_zip=wa&localtime=survey
910 Hensley St NE
Olympia, WA 98516-5414
(360) 491-7563
Job title: Owner
Company: J & S Grocery

Please feel free to delete any of my posts if the theories are too far from topic....I am just trying to think of new angles....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro