WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a new idea for June 26, 2010 ??
What if the locals get a petition and fundraiser ( that no one can touch ), to change the name of Beerbower Park to " Lindsey Baum Park " ? The money could be used for fencing, lighting, and security. Maybe have a McGruff theme with stations in the park about stranger danger, internet safety, and watching out for each other ?...Hopefully local businesses and the Timberland Library would get involved.
If I was a local it would be an exciting project to accomplish...........

Hi SerendipitySeeker. I think you come up with some good ideas especially with the changing the name of the park from Beerbower. When I see the name, I think of a place to drink beer and a hang out place. I also think it is a good idea how the money would be used for. Maybe some good could come out of Lindsey being missing and the town can heal. I know the name Lindsey Baum Park I think would be a good tribute to Lindsey, but I also wonder if it would bring back memories of how she went missing and the not knowing.

Hi SerendipitySeeker. I think you come up with some good ideas especially with the changing the name of the park from Beerbower. When I see the name, I think of a place to drink beer and a hang out place. I also think it is a good idea how the money would be used for. Maybe some good could come out of Lindsey being missing and the town can heal. I know the name Lindsey Baum Park I think would be a good tribute to Lindsey, but I also wonder if it would bring back memories of how she went missing and the not knowing.

Maybe there could be an oriental meditation garden or something similar ?
Someone needs to raise their hand and say " I will make it happen "....any local volunteers?

I also was wondering if any of the core team is searching this weekend?

:grouphug:

Have a sign right before you would go through an archway saying,

"Keep stright ahead for the most Glorius place of the
earth or the sky.
Hold onto your breath hold onto heart, hold onto your
hope.
March up to the gate & bid it open.

Once through you would see a sign saying,

" You're out of the woods, you're out of the dark,
you're out of the night.
Step into the light.... An Open....

Each plot for flowers veggies, trees would be named after Lindsey's favorite books she checked out of the library.

If this is excessive a section in the public library dedicated to Lindsey and her love of reading, writing & acting of course!

You just want to kiss her cheeks when you watch her in play. Good thing although feeling bittersweet to see her so animated.

JMO on a reflective Sunday as my son sings in the background, "Fly me to the moon" LOL!

I wish I had the answer for you Karen. The whole case from the get go has been wonky to me.

Lindsey has the mannerisms in the video that I imagined her to have, the wraspy just woke up kinda voice that young kids have nearly broke me in two.

Maybe there could be an oriental meditation garden or something similar ?
Someone needs to raise their hand and say " I will make it happen "....any local volunteers?

I love this idea. I would offer to help make it happen, but I have no idea where to even start.

I emailed the city (McCleary) in regards to the park and what steps should be taken to have the renaming seriously considered.

In regards to the park name, I've been told that a formal request should be made to the Mayor.

In regards to the park name, I've been told that a formal request should be made to the Mayor.

RoseWhite do you think you could present Mr. Mayor with the idea of the children within the community casting ballots for a name in dedication to Lindsey? This could be a wonderful healing moment for the children. This is only if using Lindsey's proper name or one her mother likes is not approved. Thanks... This is such a good idea SS and RoseWhite your an :angel:

I couldn't find a public email address for the mayor of McCleary. So I emailed all of the council members about the renaming idea. This is what I wrote to them:

The disappearance of Lindsey Baum has deeply affected many people. I had first heard about her story the day after she went missing. I scanned the news eagerly for days, hoping that she would be found safe. Those days stretched despairingly into weeks and I was motivated with my own concern to drive hours to assist in an organized search. I met the search team organizers at Beerbower Park.

With heartbreak, we are now coming upon the year anniversary of her disappearance. With that, I would like to formally request that you consider renaming Beerbower Park to that of Lindsey Baum Park, in her honor. Let it be a continual reminder of not only the importance of finding her, but also to dedicate this place where children play and laugh to one so lovely as Lindsey.

I hope that one day her family, friends, and those who have come to love Lindsey will find the answers they seek so desperately as to what happened the evening of June 26, 2009.

Lindsey deserves to be at home with her family, to enjoy time with her friends and the chance to grow up safe and protected. Please honor her name with a place that captures the spirit of gathering, community, love and laughter. Please give her spirit a place to play in the sunlight.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

I couldn't find a public email address for the mayor of McCleary. So I emailed all of the council members about the renaming idea. This is what I wrote to them:

The disappearance of Lindsey Baum has deeply affected many people. I had first heard about her story the day after she went missing. I scanned the news eagerly for days, hoping that she would be found safe. Those days stretched despairingly into weeks and I was motivated with my own concern to drive hours to assist in an organized search. I met the search team organizers at Beerbower Park.

With heartbreak, we are now coming upon the year anniversary of her disappearance. With that, I would like to formally request that you consider renaming Beerbower Park to that of Lindsey Baum Park, in her honor. Let it be a continual reminder of not only the importance of finding her, but also to dedicate this place where children play and laugh to one so lovely as Lindsey.

I hope that one day her family, friends, and those who have come to love Lindsey will find the answers they seek so desperately as to what happened the evening of June 26, 2009.

Lindsey deserves to be at home with her family, to enjoy time with her friends and the chance to grow up safe and protected. Please honor her name with a place that captures the spirit of gathering, community, love and laughter. Please give her spirit a place to play in the sunlight.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Classmates of Zina Linnik create parks in her memory
http://www.nwcn.com/news/Zina-Linnik-Parks-95942904.html

And I thought I Googled out of the box!!!!

Are those two POI # 11 and 12 ? or # 13 and 14 ? There are many " degrees of separation " between LB and this couple that should be looked at closer. A wife should not have to seek " kittys " for her husband to satisfy his sex addiction.

I'm the first to admit that in my haste to post I misspell all the time and am to impatient to use spell check. I always thought it shows my humanness! LOl! Well today I get to correct someone that must have been hurried in posting also! This word needed correcting.

DUMBASSES: A stupid person, these words are used to express low opinions of someones intelligence. A person who is not very bright. Names used other than dumb-asses are knucklehead, numskull, dunce, dunderhead, moron & idiot.

I'm thinking someone is a bit embarrassed.

Excuse me!!!!Who's the dumb-*advertiser censored*??? they may be referring to in such a defensive way?

As far as a wife picking out kitty's it is no crime unless someone gets hurt and that is only if they didn't want to be. As far as speaking to the character of a wife feeling the need to do this I can't relate to and personally don't understand a need like this. The close emotional relationship with Lindsey and Josh & this couple is troublesome. I agree with this being checked out as the family was handling the money end of Lindsey's accounts.
This is just creepy!

Not to change the subject at hand, but with the 26th approaching, are there details available about a gathering? I'm planning on attending and haven't heard the where and what's yet. TIA

Not to change the subject at hand, but with the 26th approaching, are there details available about a gathering? I'm planning on attending and haven't heard the where and what's yet. TIA

I posted information in it's own thread:

Lindseys Day of Hope and Awareness - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
(printable and emailable fliers are available at the links on this thread--please feel free to print and hand out, post at stores or email to friends)

Lindseys Day of Hope and Awareness for the Missing. This day is not only for Lindsey but for other missing persons in Washington State.
We have lots planned to include safety ID kits provided by the Washington State Patrol, we have speakers from local LE, Websleuths (Tricia is making a special trip to join us), Laura Recovery Center, Crimestoppers, Bev Poston from Nancy Moyers search center and a few others. We also have a special guest, Sam Watkins from Texas, doing a concert from 6-8pm. He will be doing songs he has written (he is very active in missing childrens cases) as well as doing Lindseys song.

We are hoping to have food vendors there but haven't had any luck yet.. so we are asking people to bring a pic-nic lunch and join us for the whole day.

If anyone has any questions, wants to volunteer to help or make donations they can contact Sheri at Lindseysdayofhope@yahoo.com

Heritage Park in Olympia, WA. It will begin at 2pm with some kids safety activities and ends at 8pm with a 2nd balloon release and a performance by Sam Watkins. You can see/print the flier at FindLindseyBaum.blogspot.com.

(oops - JenO already posted the info - Thanks Jen :) ....)

I have been following this case from the beginning it really hits home for me as I have a daughter, and Lindsey lives in McCleary which borders my town. I am so confused by this being a missing with out a clue kind of case. I am confused by the lack of any new information. We have gone over so many scenarios and still nothing my heart breaks. It has been so long since any new info or talk about some of the old POI in our minds anyway that I have to admit to being kind of behind on the who is who anymore not to mention mixing it with other cases hard to keep it all straight. I am concerned about the post above about the couple who are expecting looking for 'kitty for the husband to play with' Not sure I have it straight though on who exactly they are and how they are associated to Lindsey. Could some one help clear this up for me maybe..Please and Thank You. Is any LE looking into these people? As for the question as to weather or not this kind of thing happens a lot in our area, I can say that I have been approached by several people/couples who wanted to know if I was interested in mixing love lives. Can also state 2 were family friends, 1 couple was actually family, and another was a virtual stranger to me that I had met within a couple of days of the question being asked, I can also state all the above shocked me greatly. The fact I thought I knew some of these people and had no clue they swung this way was a bit of a wake up call to say the least. So I would have to say based on my own experiences here that yes I would say it happens more than we probably think. I don't have any idea how it all works though, or what is and isn't needed to make it work as a club out of one's home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member