WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going through the residents on Sixth street and comparing them to RSO throughout the US. Looking for possible family connection or RSO registered in another state but living or visiting in WA.

Hi, Maybe we need to look at 5th St too if she was last seen between 5th and 6th. Who would be driving down or up 5th St?

So true jnTexas, For one thing I do not think the media has been very proactive in this case. I have read so many articles that seem like regurgitated info, like one main article came off the wire and they add a bit to it and then don't even bother to correct misinformation. What is with that, that journalism has stooped to a new low!

SS said here she thinks LE would give the go ahead for people close to the case to talk about it online. I have been thinking about that and find that odd, as in that respect LE would have no control of what was being divulged to the public. There have been at least 4 or more who say they are very close to the case leaving comments about the case, and I am amazed LE didn't put an immediate stop to this. The perp could be reading every word that is written about Lindsey, even as we speak. xox

"What is with that, that journalism has stooped to a new low!"

Have to agree. Especially when you use the (possible?) relative of an RSO living in McCleary as the person you choose to interview for an article about a missing 10 year old.

“I can’t believe something like this happened in a small town like this,” said Tim Kuhn, who lives in McCleary and has roots in the small town. “This has changed everything about the town.”

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

I say "possible relative" because I have no way of knowing.
Just sayin' :waitasec:

Since this case first broke I have been interested in the little "non street" part of Fir Street that is between 5th and 6th. I know I had asked back in thread #2 if anyone had taken or might be able take some pics of that little area, but I got sidetracked with WW and forgot where I had asked about that stretch of non-street. I just found it again...

Every single time I look at a map of McCleary though... that little area jumps out and screams to me. Kinda like SS and their bridge feeling :)

Do we know anything about this little area? If so, I missed it.
I'm scouring through the older posts now
I know we have some great folks who are very familiar with McCleary, is anybody familiar with that block of Fir where it's not Fir, but a field of some sort (at least that is what it looks like on the map). Thanks in advance!

If anyone gets over that way and takes some pics, I would love to see the section of Fir Street where it's broken for a block by what appears to be a field. It's one block south of Maple and the section I am interested in would be between 5th and 6th.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #2

I believe a took a couple pictures of that area on my first trip. i'll dig for a min. - Unless you've already seen those & are looking for diff ones. I didn't take very many.

I more or less asked about the ice cream truck because the driver could be someone that knows Lindsey. Or just the driver riding around that scoped her out.

I believe a took a couple pictures of that area on my first trip. i'll dig for a min. - Unless you've already seen those & are looking for diff ones. I didn't take very many.

Oh I missed them when I went through your pics! I was focused on WW too much I think. I am male... no multitasking here! That's my story and I am sticking too it! :)

Thanks so much JVK. You rock and those pics are great. I will look through them again in a bit for that area. I just want to be able to picture it in my head from something other than an aerial view.

What is DNR? Seems like it's an employer in/around McCleary, and I'm just curious.

TIA.

Department of Natural Resourses, sorry if already answered. Slowly catching up. :crazy:

Are you by 5th shooting west through the field toward 6th in those shots, or by 6th shooting east through the field toward 5th?

Okay...my links still aren't working. One SO is Odle, registered in Forsyth, MT, crime committed Washington Fourth Degree Assault With Sexual Motivation
Washington Communication With A Minor For Immoral Purposes
**Conviction Date:*10/7/2004
Washington Indecent Exposure
**Conviction Date:*10/7/2004
It's a stretch I know but there is a resident on 6th street with the same last name.

you know what is driving me crazy? These people who have come forward as seeing her have not spoken with media. Also the mother is no longer talking to media. If this were my child I would be begging for air time! Oh and LE would have to lock me up to keep me from searching for my child.

I just do not understand why no one is talking to the media.

bbm: With nothing to hide, I can't figure it out.......unless the Anthony case has soured anyone from speaking out publicly for fear of the limelight and speculation brought on i.e., Roy Cronk.....

you know what is driving me crazy? These people who have come forward as seeing her have not spoken with media. Also the mother is no longer talking to media. If this were my child I would be begging for air time! Oh and LE would have to lock me up to keep me from searching for my child.

I just do not understand why no one is talking to the media.

We are all thinking the same thing! I justed posted a similar thought in another thread before reading yours.

If we are asking these questions, why aren't the reporters who are being paid to cover this case finding out?

Second non working link is for D Kearney registered in TUKWILA, WA
Convictions 9A.44.040 - Rape in the first degree.,
**Conviction Date:*9/5/1991
9A.44.050 - Rape in the second degree.,
**Conviction Date:*9/5/1991

Again, it's a stretch but person with same last name is a resident on Sixth St.

It can't be said enough, when, for God's sake, WHEN are we going to quit letting our children walk places alone? It's not even safe for adults anymore.......my prayers go out to this family. Thanks Wsers putting in so much time on this case.

Howdy, About Fir St not being cut thru between 5th and 6th St:

I don't know why they never put that street in but it must have been there was no need when the streets were paved in McCleary.

I remember very well :hand: the video I saw on either HLN or FOX where Jim Mullin was interviewed standing out in front of his house looking south.

You could see a bank of trees to the left and back aways which I thought was where the creek would be. The announcer did say there was a creek on his property :confused:. And then the camera panned out looking south of Jim's house. We all thought it was acreage and he lived a bit out of town, wondering where his place could be because this is where the local kids came to hang out and play {acc to Jim}.

Lo and behold when we started looking at maps we learned this was undeveloped property that adjoined his directly because the road had never been put in.

Think that's it. Except LE searched that property 6 x's in the first few days of the case. Strange as at that time there was only one sighting which was of her on Maple, not 6th.

If she had turned right on 6th she would have only had to walk a couple of blocks uphill to Jim's house. If she turned right on 5th would she have ended up at the creek area?

Did Jim say the kids liked to play down by the creek? I'd have to watch that video again. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member