WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This truly is a baffling case. It is nice that everyone is getting along and working together here. I think we have covered a lot of ground in this case because people are willing to share ideas and yet stay focused on Lindsey.

I cannot wait until they do have someone in custody!! We probably won't know where the FBI has concentrated this case until that day, unfortunately.

This truly is a baffling case. It is nice that everyone is getting along and working together here. I think we have covered a lot of ground in this case because people are willing to share ideas and yet stay focused on Lindsey.

I cannot wait until they do have someone in custody!! We probably won't know where the FBI has concentrated this case until that day, unfortunately.

Maybe the vigil tomorrow night will spark something. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

They are everywhere. During a missing child case, they appear to pop up out of the woodwork because LE are out actively looking for RSOs and SOs. It is wrong they have to wait until then to find these creeps, but it seems it is just the way it works...after the fact.

It boggles the mind that we are surrounded with so make sick people. I always kind of went through life thinking that they are very rare. My outlook has completely changed. I don't trust anyone anymore. And I wasn't that trusting in the first place.

Aren't you supposed to be relaxing on a 7 day Hiatus? LOL :blowkiss:

You make some excellent points. :)

I am relaxing...the only thing I have googled today is "organizational tips" and I have not read even a single media link. I can be here, I just can't be involved.
So, this is me...lurking...kinda :crazy:

There was NO bail set. And here is what the guy is accused of:

"(1) A person is guilty of child molestation in the first degree when the person has, or knowingly causes another person under the age of eighteen to have, sexual contact with another who is less than twelve years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least thirty-six months older than the victim." bolded by me.

So either this guy had sexual contact with someone under 12 or he caused someone under 18 to have sexual contact with someone under 12. :eek:

There are so many that have been picked up since Lindsey went missing it is scary. This case, in combo with Tori's case, is very hard on the sensibilities.

Lindsey - where are you? Send us a whisper. Everyone is looking for you and we are sending the Angels to be with you until we will find you.

Salem

I always used to wonder how do people just go missing. How can you not find a missing child??

Lately, after being involved in the Tori and Lindsey cases I look around me when I am out and I think there are a million places to hide a body.

Today I went to Costso and parked on a side of the parking lot that I don't usually park. There is a wooded lot right off the parking lot and I thought if someone hid a body in there would anyone ever find it? It is not a residential area so I don't think any dogs go in there. I can't see anyone going for a walk in there. And that's in the burbs of a big city. What could you do out in the country or a rural area??? It's really scary.

NMK, that's what a lot of investigators do, they take another, deeper look at the evidence. I am going to suggest something that bothers me just for saying it, but I feel is worth notice. If you look at all the circumstances, to me there is one senario that fits. This is pure speculation, but does fit the facts.

1. There was no trace evidence.
2. Nobody saw anything.
3. Nobody heard anything.
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why?
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station.

Add all that up and my theory is... it's a LE Officer. Unthinkable yes, but not unheard of. Makes me shiver just to suggest it, but as all angles must be looked at, this is one that bears some investigation IMHO.

Also, Within the last few months, the county sheriff's office has had a presence here when they didn't before. They now regularly park their vehicles on the other side of the police station.

1. There was no trace evidence. (LE smart enough not to leave any)
2. Nobody saw anything. (Police car on patrol, who thinks anything of it.)
3. Nobody heard anything. (Of course, he is a trusted person.)
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why? (Speaks for itself.)
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station. (Because who else would know the exact whereabouts of any other fellow officers?)

cyberswept - you have nicely laid out a hypothesis and backed it up with lots of common sense. mho Can't tell you how many times I've thought of the same scenario...hope it gets sleuthed like the other theories. mho

One thing I've never understood is: What is an undersheriff and where is the sheriff? Could be political but I really don't understand it.

I'm in research and can't tell you how many theories we chase to the end, only to toss them out...and how many theories we think are wrong only to find that it fits in the puzzle perfectly.

Maybe the vigil tomorrow night will spark something. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Or maybe it will light a full blown fire under the tails of the FBI to solve this case. ;) I will keep my fingers, toes, and even my eyes crossed! :crosseyed:

I always used to wonder how do people just go missing. How can you not find a missing child??

Lately, after being involved in the Tori and Lindsey cases I look around me when I am out and I think there are a million places to hide a body.

Today I went to Costso and parked on a side of the parking lot that I don't usually park. There is a wooded lot right off the parking lot and I thought if someone hid a body in there would anyone ever find it? It is not a residential area so I don't think any dogs go in there. I can't see anyone going for a walk in there. And that's in the burbs of a big city. What could you do out in the country or a rural area??? It's really scary.
It is scary. Once you are confronted here with so many cases, it leaves an impression. Things we would never in a million years have thought of before suddenly become part of our realization and awareness. It makes you hold your children a bit tighter, appreciate the little things more, and stay away from places where danger could be lurking around the corner. (It also makes me want to grab people and shake them when I see the risks they take with themselves and children without a thought.)

SS, you are so right. Yesterday, we were driving to the store and on a major road, we passed a woman in a BMW convertible. She has her cell phone plastered to her ear and a beautiful little 3-4 year old girl, bouncing around the back. Yes, bouncing, as in unrestrained. In. A. Speeding. Convertible. DUH!!!!!!!!!!
As she turned into the mall, I actually yelled out my window, "Go to Sears, they sell car seats."
If she doesn't bother to take care of that child when she is 5 feet away, I don't see her getting a lot of supervision later on.

(And no, I don't usually yell at passing traffic, but I am not myself lately.)

ETA: MI law is any child under 9 years and 4'9, must be a child safety seat, this little girl was way under both requirements.

O/T: Or it could have been that whap on the head by the tree limb while mudbogging. ;) I knew I should have opted for the helmet instead of the pink ballcap. LOL Hey...did you realize that would make my code name: SASS? hehehe
SASS=So Absolutely Seriously Sexy?
lol
(sorry-OT)

Wow! Is this a slow to no news day or what?! There isn't anything coming out on any of the cases I normally follow. This place is like a ghost town today! WTH?! Where is everyone?! LOL

No news. Dammit. People do not just disappear. Outward force or inner motivation are the only reasons that people go missing. I am starting to believe that the suspect is right in front of us. We have read their words, seen them on video, we know him/her as well as the people that live next door to him/her. I know it, I just can't find a reason to suspect one person more than another.
If she isn't found by the time my break is over, I am going back to the beginning. Virtual time travel back to 6-26 and start over. I think we are all too close, the person that did this is sitting perfectly in a blind spot.

Oh, I so know how you feel. I posted a rant a week or so ago about how a person just doesn't disappear. The same thing happened to Britanee Drexel and her case is driving me crazy also. Here one minute and then, poof, gone. Without a trace.

I was going over the events of the night she disappeared when I should have been sleeping last night and something occurred to me. The theory goes hand in hand with Cyber's theory of it being an LE officer, someone who might be right in front of us, someone who doesn't draw attention to themselves normally. Someone who is not the ugliest *advertiser censored* in town.

It has ALWAYS bothered me that the name of the two people who claim to have seen her while she was walking home that night have not been named publically. Who are they? And why don't we know who they are?

But what I considered last night is the idea that someone who witnessed the argument between L and J about the bike and saw the kids leave it BEHIND the Shell station, could have waited for one of the kids to come back to retrieve the bike. Someone could have waited there where there are no cameras without being seen.

I have a very strong feeling that Lindsay's intention was to take the bike back home that night. She was responsible for it and I'm sure her mom wouldn't have been too happy to hear that she left it behind the station overnight. I know I wouldn't have been happy if one of my kids just abandoned a bike somewhere if it could have been pushed home.

More and more I'm beginning to think it is the person you would least expect. We know that it happens. Just think about Sandra Cantu.

NMK, that's what a lot of investigators do, they take another, deeper look at the evidence. I am going to suggest something that bothers me just for saying it, but I feel is worth notice. If you look at all the circumstances, to me there is one senario that fits. This is pure speculation, but does fit the facts.

1. There was no trace evidence.
2. Nobody saw anything.
3. Nobody heard anything.
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why?
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station.

Add all that up and my theory is... it's a LE Officer. Unthinkable yes, but not unheard of. Makes me shiver just to suggest it, but as all angles must be looked at, this is one that bears some investigation IMHO.

Also, Within the last few months, the county sheriff's office has had a presence here when they didn't before. They now regularly park their vehicles on the other side of the police station.

1. There was no trace evidence. (LE smart enough not to leave any)
2. Nobody saw anything. (Police car on patrol, who thinks anything of it.)
3. Nobody heard anything. (Of course, he is a trusted person.)
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why? (Speaks for itself.)
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station. (Because who else would know the exact whereabouts of any other fellow officers?)

I hate to say it......but the same thought has crossed my mind as well, especially after I saw where the station is located, etc. :( When most other avenues have been followed - with no results......it's time to step back, try to be even more objective than we have been and take a look at those untraced avenues outside our comfort level......and when we're "proven wrong", we can be really really really really *really relieved! IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member