WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed they also let Imholt go the very next day, too. (I don't have the link handy, sorry.)

thats from all that beer in the bar there in mccleary ... special agent SS LOL
O/T: Or it could have been that whap on the head by the tree limb while mudbogging. ;) I knew I should have opted for the helmet instead of the pink ballcap. LOL Hey...did you realize that would make my code name: SASS? hehehe

First of all what the heck is wrong with people?????

And second, is it me or does the area have a disproportionately high amount of SO????
They are everywhere. During a missing child case, they appear to pop up out of the woodwork because LE are out actively looking for RSOs and SOs. It is wrong they have to wait until then to find these creeps, but it seems it is just the way it works...after the fact.

i am pretty sure when i was looking up some information (sorry can't remember right now where) to do with SO registry that washington state had the HIGHEST amount of RSO in all 52 states.....
:eek:

Actually it was from a link in the Naveah thread i remember because i live near Michigan and we aren't allowed access to the RSO listing in Canada so i thought I would try to see how many live close to Detroit.

When did the US acquire 2 more states ;)

also found the McCleary Bear Festival facebook, it has lot's of good town photos too (you can see a swimming pool in several, don't know if it's "the" pool)

again, someone yell at me if this is a no-no or if I should be putting these in the photo thread instead

http://www.facebook.com/pages/McCleary-WA/McCleary-Community-Church/85284706284?v=feed&story_fbid=88388724134#/pages/McCleary-Bear-Festival/77114972357
Thank you, boondock! I very much enjoyed seeing those photos.

McCleary really is such a quaint little town. It is sad to me they lost their innocence and trust in their safety because some horrid person decided to steal it from them when they abducted Lindsey. I know it must be so hard to deal with the fact it isn't some city far away and that their little town will never be the same. Hopefully soon Lindsey will come home and they can pick up the pieces to create a safer environment for everyone.

If Lindsey does come home, I would love to see a parade in her honor. Lindsey and Kadence can be the Masters of Ceremony! Wouldn't that be a grand way to celebrate her homecoming?!

No news. Dammit. People do not just disappear. Outward force or inner motivation are the only reasons that people go missing. I am starting to believe that the suspect is right in front of us. We have read their words, seen them on video, we know him/her as well as the people that live next door to him/her. I know it, I just can't find a reason to suspect one person more than another.
If she isn't found by the time my break is over, I am going back to the beginning. Virtual time travel back to 6-26 and start over. I think we are all too close, the person that did this is sitting perfectly in a blind spot.

Hi SS ~ You know, something's been nagging at me from day one, and I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment about McCleary being such a quaint little town. After spending hours & hours looking around the MS friends that begin on MK's page, I'm pretty much convinced McCleary WA lost it's innocence a long time ago. Sure there are hangers-on, but not in the world I've been looking at.

It also nags at me that the reason why Lindsey posted that she was afraid is, that within an arms length, there is a darkness that I am unfamiliar with. Take this for instance; it's the blog of the person who holds the #1 friend spot on MK's page. An adult ..... It's all pretty dark in comparison to someone like me who has American Flags and Support the Troops with a little John Cougar playing in the background on my MS page.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=34538786&blogId=442713601

I just find it disconcerting, and am thinking out loud I guess. I think I was told on another forum there is no speculation here on WS, only to wait on LE official announcements, so maybe it's not okay to think aloud and post.

I'm at a loss ~

Hi SS ~ You know, something's been nagging at me from day one, and I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment about McCleary being such a quaint little town. After spending hours & hours looking around the MS friends that begin on MK's page, I'm pretty much convinced McCleary WA lost it's innocence a long time ago. Sure there are hangers-on, but not in the world I've been looking at.

It also nags at me that the reason why Lindsey posted that she was afraid is, that within an arms length, there is a darkness that I am unfamiliar with. Take this for instance; it's the blog of the person who holds the #1 friend spot on MK's page. An adult ..... It's all pretty dark in comparison to someone like me who has American Flags and Support the Troops with a little John Cougar playing in the background on my MS page.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=34538786&blogId=442713601

I just find it disconcerting, and am thinking out loud I guess. I think I was told on another forum there is no speculation here on WS, only to wait on LE official announcements, so maybe it's not okay to think aloud and post.

I'm at a loss ~
I guess I am used to people being overly dramatic on their myspace pages. I don't see that as dark or twisted. I see it as someone who takes creative license to express herself. I noticed her fav book is Edgar Allan Poe and she loves ghost hunting shows. It may not be your cup of tea, but it isn't sinister in my book...because I like both myself. LOL I think it is the fascination of believing our world is more than what we see on the surface and being open to other possibilties. Perhaps it appears to be macabre, but some don't see it in this way.

People often wonder about WS and why we do what we do here. We take it upon ourselves to scour through horrible items such as police reports, autopsies, crime scenes, and things others would never dream of diving into for a hobby. I can only imagine what some people think about us!

I don't know who you have been talking to about "speculation" on WS, but I assure you it is what we do here. We discuss theories and if you cannot speculate then there is really nothing to discuss. We can't live for LE reports when there are none coming out about a case. We do try to be factual when stating something is truth, but as long as people know the difference and point it out that it is their opinions...we can speculate all we want! :)

No news. Dammit. People do not just disappear. Outward force or inner motivation are the only reasons that people go missing. I am starting to believe that the suspect is right in front of us. We have read their words, seen them on video, we know him/her as well as the people that live next door to him/her. I know it, I just can't find a reason to suspect one person more than another.
If she isn't found by the time my break is over, I am going back to the beginning. Virtual time travel back to 6-26 and start over. I think we are all too close, the person that did this is sitting perfectly in a blind spot.

NMK, that's what a lot of investigators do, they take another, deeper look at the evidence. I am going to suggest something that bothers me just for saying it, but I feel is worth notice. If you look at all the circumstances, to me there is one senario that fits. This is pure speculation, but does fit the facts.

1. There was no trace evidence.
2. Nobody saw anything.
3. Nobody heard anything.
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why?
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station.

Add all that up and my theory is... it's a LE Officer. Unthinkable yes, but not unheard of. Makes me shiver just to suggest it, but as all angles must be looked at, this is one that bears some investigation IMHO.

Also, Within the last few months, the county sheriff's office has had a presence here when they didn't before. They now regularly park their vehicles on the other side of the police station.

1. There was no trace evidence. (LE smart enough not to leave any)
2. Nobody saw anything. (Police car on patrol, who thinks anything of it.)
3. Nobody heard anything. (Of course, he is a trusted person.)
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why? (Speaks for itself.)
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station. (Because who else would know the exact whereabouts of any other fellow officers?)

Yes, you're probably right SS. I guess I'm just on SO, vampire overload.

And I haven't been "speaking" with anyone about speculation, just reading the posts, and I thought I understood the ground rules correctly. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

NMK, that's what a lot of investigators do, they take another, deeper look at the evidence. I am going to suggest something that bothers me just for saying it, but I feel is worth notice. If you look at all the circumstances, to me there is one senario that fits. This is pure speculation, but does fit the facts.

1. There was no trace evidence.
2. Nobody saw anything.
3. Nobody heard anything.
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why?
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station.

Add all that up and my theory is... it's a LE Officer. Unthinkable yes, but not unheard of. Makes me shiver just to suggest it, but as all angles must be looked at, this is one that bears some investigation IMHO.

Also, Within the last few months, the county sheriff's office has had a presence here when they didn't before. They now regularly park their vehicles on the other side of the police station.

1. There was no trace evidence. (LE smart enough not to leave any)
2. Nobody saw anything. (Police car on patrol, who thinks anything of it.)
3. Nobody heard anything. (Of course, he is a trusted person.)
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why? (Speaks for itself.)
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station. (Because who else would know the exact whereabouts of any other fellow officers?)
I brought that up a long time ago, Cyber. In any small community, you have officers who don't have much training except C.L.E.E.T. school and they are more prone to hire officers who happen upon their town without doing really detailed background checks. Sometimes officers who cannot cut it on the larger city squads will jump around to smaller agencies.

Aren't you supposed to be relaxing on a 7 day Hiatus? LOL :blowkiss:

You make some excellent points. :)

We can speculate to a point. We can't make up wild speculations that we can't back up with links on the forum. For instance, we can't pick out a random citizen of McCleary and say he's a child molester or even probably a child molester and not offer any link to back that up.

That's been an issue on another thread lately, hence the posting you saw.

I brought that up a long time ago, Cyber. In any small community, you have officers who don't have much training except C.L.E.E.T. school and they are more prone to hire officers who happen upon their town without doing really detailed background checks. Sometimes officers who cannot cut it on the larger city squads will jump around to smaller agencies.

Sorry SS. I didn't see that post. If you think about it though, it would explain a lot. I hope the FBI will be looking into that possibility.

You are correct, Steadfast...we do need to post the links to back up statements we are stating as the truth. However, just like we are discussing it is possible that an LE officer needs to be taken into consideration...it is wild speculation with nothing to back it up, but we do have reason for going in that direction with a theory.

We do have to be careful tho. :) I was thinking about only discussing the cold hard facts instead of getting into the theories. Some people feel there is nothing else except the facts in a case and I feel that there is always something else.

Sorry SS. I didn't see that post. If you think about it though, it would explain a lot. I hope the FBI will be looking into that possibility.
:trout: LOL

I agree it is something the FBI does need to examine carefully. The police station is right there and in any direction Lindsey decided to travel that evening...she could run across an officer.

You are correct, Steadfast...we do need to post the links to back up statements we are stating as the truth. However, just like we are discussing it is possible that an LE officer needs to be taken into consideration...it is wild speculation with nothing to back it up, but we do have reason for going in that direction with a theory.

Absolutely! Now, if we chose a particular officer, it would get sticky.
Also, I see a difference in speculating when there's a desperate situation, like a child missing, and it's got to be someone but who? and a situation where the perps are in custody and a thread goes off on wild speculation about the victims, just to offer an alternative motive.
Plenty of time for caution when the crime's all wrapped up. Which is, sadly, not the case in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member