WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I added some further comments related to ML in that photo section. I would appreciate some feedback on my post there as I am "really" feeling different about ML in general, and respecting her comments about JB's actions. Anyway, if you have time, please check out my additions and tell me if I should rush away with my tail between my legs, feel free, I don't mind.

Thanks for the additions Norm - all info is appreciated!!!!!! I think I agree w/SS tho - this person doesn't have the "Girls" (ahem) :blushing: ML seems to........

re: your tail......how does one run w/one (I'm a klutz - would be tripping all over the place)? Don't tell my husband you have one - *he'll want one! :D

Hello! I am new to websleuths but have been following Lindsey story. I was just wondering if she was in girl scouts, where and when and who was the leader. I know in the begining there was mention that it is believed by a few, that it is someone who she knew, who had authority, someone she was comfortable with. Someone within the area or is familiar with that area. I was wondering have the looked into the local girlscout leaders.

{{{{{{Welcome!!!!}}}}}}.....from one "newbie" to another!!!!

I brought that up a long time ago, Cyber. In any small community, you have officers who don't have much training except C.L.E.E.T. school and they are more prone to hire officers who happen upon their town without doing really detailed background checks. Sometimes officers who cannot cut it on the larger city squads will jump around to smaller agencies.

Very good point.....a point which also might help explain the bungling of those most-important first few hours after Lindsey disappeared. A person who couldn't "make the grade" in a larger city might also not have the experience in handling a serious case such as this?

Wow! Is this a slow to no news day or what?! There isn't anything coming out on any of the cases I normally follow. This place is like a ghost town today! WTH?! Where is everyone?! LOL

ITA. Nothing is going on today is it? We shouldn't complain cause we'll have five big cases with breaking news at once.

SS, you are so right. Yesterday, we were driving to the store and on a major road, we passed a woman in a BMW convertible. She has her cell phone plastered to her ear and a beautiful little 3-4 year old girl, bouncing around the back. Yes, bouncing, as in unrestrained. In. A. Speeding. Convertible. DUH!!!!!!!!!!
As she turned into the mall, I actually yelled out my window, "Go to Sears, they sell car seats."
If she doesn't bother to take care of that child when she is 5 feet away, I don't see her getting a lot of supervision later on.

(And no, I don't usually yell at passing traffic, but I am not myself lately.)

ETA: MI law is any child under 9 years and 4'9, must be a child safety seat, this little girl was way under both requirements.

{{{{{You are not alone!!!!}}}}} During one of my sons hospitalizations, 2 small children who had been involved in an automobile accident were brought into the room adjoining ours. They had not been wearing seatbelts and were thrown out the side windows on impact. They were in extremely critical condition for weeks, but happily - they did survive. Ever since then - if I do see a situation such as the one you witnessed - I have been known to do exactly the same thing as you! Please know that you're not the *only person yelling at passing traffic! :crazy:

This truly is a baffling case. It is nice that everyone is getting along and working together here. I think we have covered a lot of ground in this case because people are willing to share ideas and yet stay focused on Lindsey.

I cannot wait until they do have someone in custody!! We probably won't know where the FBI has concentrated this case until that day, unfortunately.

I think this is a most fantastic, amazing, brilliant, creative and determined group of peeps! Ya'll should be very proud of yourselves, for your hard work, insight and contributions to date and those yet to come! :highfive:

I think part of the reason *I'm feeling so "lost and not sure where to look next" is the lack of regular updates and/or press conferences of any type. Even a conference announcing "no news" sometimes provides us clues....(facial expressions, plays on words, etc) and we don't really even have that.

Does that mean I'm giving up? *Nada!!! Not until Lindsey's found and Justice is served! I'm also going back to square 1 and re-reading everything......(so if you don't hear from me for a few weeks you'll know where I am.......reading allllll the posts! :) )

Hahahaha~ Now that is a great excuse for not knowing about the states here! You came a lot closer about the number of states than I would about provinces in Canada. :) :canada:

O/T Isn't Provinces in Rhode Island????? :waitasec:

(Seriously tho....* Toronto, Ontario is one of my *fave places to visit!) :)

O/T - - Was playing "catch-up" after my workday - posting as I was going along......got to to the last page of the thread and 7 of the last 8 posts were mine! I've been talking to myself! :bang: Where'd you guys go?????? :)

lol

ok, then you are excused.
z7shysterical.gif

Wow! Is this a slow to no news day or what?! There isn't anything coming out on any of the cases I normally follow. This place is like a ghost town today! WTH?! Where is everyone?! LOL

Howdy, I've noticed this case seems to jump up on the weekends.

We're going to have to talk real sweet to either jvk or Cyber to maybe mosey up Maple on a sunny afternoon and take some shots of the houses in the area of KK's. I know we have a pic of the house to the east of her.

xox

O/T - - Was playing "catch-up" after my workday - posting as I was going along......got to to the last page of the thread and 7 of the last 8 posts were mine! I've been talking to myself! :bang: Where'd you guys go?????? :)

Don't worry LadyBug, It happens to us all at times. C'est la vie de les forums!

Got a new clue on NG....MB said that the last person who saw Lindsey walking home is one of her co-workers.

Very good point.....a point which also might help explain the bungling of those most-important first few hours after Lindsey disappeared. A person who couldn't "make the grade" in a larger city might also not have the experience in handling a serious case such as this?

Hi again LadyBug, It is a common mistake made when the qualifications for an Amber Alert are not there and the child is thought to have wandered off or run away. The stats say 70% of those children that go missing are either lost, run aways, etc and are found eventually.

Then the local boys called for help from the FBI and maybe other LE agencies like the GH Sheriff's office, maybe Thurston county as well, and BAM, the case opened up to a most professional investigation IMO. Not knocking the local boys, but as you said, how often do they have to deal with locating a missing child that has seemingly vanished into thin air?

I think sometimes people think not much is being done in the case when they hear Scott talk to the media. He is limited as to what he can say

I am just thankful the FBI responded in kind to the seriousness of the situation with Lindsey, bringing all their training and experience from each one of them {huge X 6 IMO} to focus on one young girl - Lindsey. Very fortunate indeed IMO.

Hi again LadyBug, It is a common mistake made when the qualifications for an Amber Alert are not there and the child is thought to have wandered off or run away. The stats say 70% of those children that go missing are either lost, run aways, etc and are found eventually.

Then the local boys called for help from the FBI and maybe other LE agencies like the GH Sheriff's office, maybe Thurston county as well, and BAM, the case opened up to a most professional investigation IMO. Not knocking the local boys, but as you said, how often do they have to deal with locating a missing child that has seemingly vanished into thin air?

I think sometimes people think not much is being done in the case when they hear Scott talk to the media. He is limited as to what he can say

I am just thankful the FBI responded in kind to the seriousness of the situation with Lindsey, bringing all their training and experience from each one of them {huge X 6 IMO} to focus on one young girl - Lindsey. Very fortunate indeed IMO.

I will agree with you there - once the investigation did get going - it *did get going! :) However - I am {{{{{beyond}}}} thrilled that the FBI's now involved - - to, as you said it best - focus on one young girl! :)

I will agree with you there - once the investigation did get going - it *did get going! :) However - I am {{{{{beyond}}}} thrilled that the FBI's now involved - - to, as you said it best - focus on one young girl! :)

Hi again, It must be a very difficult position for LE to be in when out of the blue a local child vanishes.

The 6th sense LE officers develop and their personal common sense in trying to assess the situation is almost a given. But I think in a case like this, direction has to come from protocol set up in the dept. It would be the only way to run the investigation in the first hours to days until another decision is made and the direction of the case changes from a runaway/lost child to an abduction.

I bet the Chief in McCleary was in close touch with the head of the GH Sheriff's Dept and together they decided to call the FBI in Seattle ASAP. After all they are experts at missing children. And when the FBI felt it was imperative they go on scene they did. Just guessing, but it sounds logical to me.

PS: I am assuming that there is a McCleary Police Dept and the GH Sheriff's office in Montesano. Does Montesano also have their own PD? What about Elma? They need everything possible in Elma as I have seen so many SO's residing there!

Scandi, yes, Montesano and Elma also have their own PDs. We also have the County Sheriff in Montesano. The State Patrol is in Aberdeen.

There were two people who seen Lindsey "on Maple between 5th and 6th" right?

First one was the county worker on the way to work. Second one (I'm assuming) was a co-worker of MBs (and I think she worked at the dollar store in Elma that is owned by MM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE