WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the days are about the same.. maybe gets darker a few minutes later than it did a month ago, but not a lot.

Also with it being cloudy tonight it's going to be a little darker earlier than it was that day because it was a clear warm day when Lindsey went missing.

I usually go for an hour walk, which last month was around 9pm but now I am going earlier because of the loss of daylight. I am in Northwest WA. I notice a pretty rapid loss of daylight after summer solstice which was June 20. From this website, it shows we are losing about a minute of daylight a day.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=234&month=7&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-13&day=1

Keep in mind even after the sun sets, the twilight makes it still pretty light out for some time. The difference in daylight time between June 26 and today is almost 20 minutes.

Hi all. As usual, can't keep up. I'm sure this has been mentioned. But here's the front page of our Daily O...just in case. Another Weirdo. Sorry if this is so old.

I seriously cannot believe all these freaks coming out of the woodwork lately. Like cockroaches coming out at night having their own party patrol :eek:

This story is probably a few pages back. Oh Well.

http://www.theolympian.com/topstories/story/918995.html

At first I thought that guy might be a bot.. used to fish for email accounts. My guestbook for my webpage gets hits like this about once a week. I usually delete them.

I've been following this stuff over at SM and it's all pretty strange. My husband is trained in reading code (he works at a prison-You'd be amazed at how creative inmates can be to get their message out to their friends, families or other inmates). I'm going to print these out and see if he recognizes the "code" (if that is what it is).

If they really traced this guy's email to a sex offender, then I'm skeered! This is too creepy! I hope the FBI is all over this.

At first I thought that guy might be a bot.. used to fish for email accounts. My guestbook for my webpage gets hits like this about once a week. I usually delete them.

I've been following this stuff over at SM and it's all pretty strange. My husband is trained in reading code (he works at a prison-You'd be amazed at how creative inmates can be to get their message out to their friends, families or other inmates). I'm going to print these out and see if he recognizes the "code" (if that is what it is).

That's a great idea, I'm sure your husband has some excellent "kite" experts who might be able to put an angle on the Adam posts. It sounded to me, at first, to be some Middle Eastern nutcase without a decent grasp of english, but the spelling of "infroamtion " seems to have all of the necessary letters, which to me sounds like someone either typing too fast or pretending to be less than fluent in english.

I usually go for an hour walk, which last month was around 9pm but now I am going earlier because of the loss of daylight. I am in Northwest WA. I notice a pretty rapid loss of daylight after summer solstice which was June 20. From this website, it shows we are losing about a minute of daylight a day.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=234&month=7&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-13&day=1

Keep in mind even after the sun sets, the twilight makes it still pretty light out for some time. The difference in daylight time between June 26 and today is almost 20 minutes.

I hadn't really noticed the loss of daylight. It seems like it's brighter longer.. especially on really nice days. How strange. Maybe it's the moon that is giving me the false impression of it being light longer.
I went out the other day at 10 pm to get the mail and noticed I could still see the trees across the street.

I sent an email to the guy that has been leaving the cryptic posts...we'll see if it bounces back or what. Content is below, I was intentionally desrespectful and cryptic myself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what do you know about Lindsey? More than you are saying or a lot less than you are saying? Are you someone that is trying to confuse everyone on the web, are you just off your meds, do you think it's funny to try to hurt her family through your messages? Or are you someone that knows more than you can safely say, info that is so important it can only be given through code.

Your response, or lack of one, will be at least part of the answer that I so desperately seek...

I wonder if anyone has forwarded these messages onto the LEs working Lindseys case?

There were two people who seen Lindsey "on Maple between 5th and 6th" right?

First one was the county worker on the way to work. Second one (I'm assuming) was a co-worker of MBs (and I think she worked at the dollar store in Elma that is owned by MM)

Hi Jennifer, This is another post that IMO deserves 2 thankyou's. I think you have nailed it and these are our 2 witnesses without names or addresses. This is probably as close as we will get here.

For you my dear:
d8jdetective2.gif
That's Cyber's Sherlock ;}

Gah.. I think it is the moon that is giving me the false impression of light outside later.

It's only 9:10 and it's getting pretty dark already.. cloudy cold night with no moon.

I'll still take pictures but it's not really going to show you what it looked like on June 26

ETA: Something I do remember though.. we started our fireworks show at 10:15 pm on the 4th of July because it wasn't fully dark until then.

I sent an email to the guy that has been leaving the cryptic posts...we'll see if it bounces back or what. Content is below, I was intentionally desrespectful and cryptic myself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what do you know about Lindsey? More than you are saying or a lot less than you are saying? Are you someone that is trying to confuse everyone on the web, are you just off your meds, do you think it's funny to try to hurt her family through your messages? Or are you someone that knows more than you can safely say, info that is so important it can only be given through code.

Your response, or lack of one, will be at least part of the answer that I so desperately seek...

I think I read that someone checked out that email addy and it was found to be bogus. However, if someone created that email surely LE would be able to find an IP address if the person wasn't using a proxy, and even then surely LE has worked out a means for figuring out these things.

In any event, it will be interesting to see if you get a response. Pretty tough words, though, hope you didn't scare him/her away. Who knows what might happen. :clap:

Ok, so I start looking at missing kids from Washington. this link
http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mischild.php

More than 50% of these are missing from Foster Care. So whats going o n? These kids are 14-17. Where in the heck are they going? Where are they hiding? Their young, too young to make their way in the world.:eek:

Hi BB, Sadly I think many of these kids end up on the downtown streets of our major cities.

If you and I could take a walk together downtown Portland we would be amazed at all the teens we would see. Everything from those with multicolored hair to being Goth. simply dressed in a T-shirt and cut-off jeans, panhandling at the bus stops and wherever people walk.

I think allot of them have lost their way thru a bad home situation, hanging with the wrong people. I knew a girl once who had no home, and learned she was picking up tricks across the Burnside Bridge! She didn't stay in my house as a guest very long!

It hurts my heart so many teens are without roots. But I don't give them money anymore. I decided that just perpetuates what is keeping them on the streets. xox IMO

Norm, on guestbooks like that you can use any random thing, even something like thisisafakeemail@address.com
It doesn't have to be registered or real. When I sign guestbooks I usually use a fake email address for the simple fact, I don't want my email address posted on the internet (I hate spam email more than I hate Spam luncheon meat. Blech)

Thanks anyway, Jennifer.

I took a picture at 9:15 and it looks much darker than it usually does. Right now it's 9:24 pm and it's almost pitch black.

Damn clouds anyway. :(

If it isn't a bot or someone of their meds, then posting the messages they did, they wanted attention and a response. If I scared them off, they have no information that I needed anyway.

I haven't gotten a failure notice yet, so we will see.

If they really traced this guy's email to a sex offender, then I'm skeered! This is too creepy! I hope the FBI is all over this.
He sounds like a foreigner to me, his sentence structure, grammar...but then that would be a good way to send info

Yes, during this time of the year it's pretty light out until 10 pm.

It is 9:24pm right now in Portland. Twilight has gone and the last shades of sunset are burning low on the horizon. It is minutes from being dark.

The evening Lindsey vanished I do think it was still light but dusk was approaching soon. It seems in Summer when darkness comes it is almost suddenly, with little warning. And into August the time will lengthen to where at 10pm it will just begin to be getting dark. That is approx as I haven't refered to any charts.

What I think I am saying is that 3 weeks ago it could have well been that by 9:30 or so dusk was turning into night, and if she had walked all the way down to the area behind the police station, it might have been almost dark or well on its way. Shadows everywhere even with a lighter sky. That is the way it is right now in Portland looking out to the west at 9:33pm. xox

ETA: I am about 100 miles south of McCleary so that might make a bit of a difference in the time the sun sets.

Thank you! That would be awesome. She's been gone for three weeks now so it would have been even lighter then, right?

You know, you think the boogie man only comes out in the dark. Guess not.

LOL My favorite childhood song: 'Who'se afraid of the Boogey Man, Ho Ho Ho, not Me, All the talk of the Boogey Man is scary as can be . . . . .'

I have given many great performances of that song to youngsters on the right occasion and it always knocks their socks off. :eek: Hee Hee Hee :eek::eek:

PS: I rarely hear talk of the Boogie Man and just couldn't stop my 'lil fingers here. LOLOLOLOL

NMK, that's what a lot of investigators do, they take another, deeper look at the evidence. I am going to suggest something that bothers me just for saying it, but I feel is worth notice. If you look at all the circumstances, to me there is one senario that fits. This is pure speculation, but does fit the facts.

1. There was no trace evidence.
2. Nobody saw anything.
3. Nobody heard anything.
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why?
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station.

Add all that up and my theory is... it's a LE Officer. Unthinkable yes, but not unheard of. Makes me shiver just to suggest it, but as all angles must be looked at, this is one that bears some investigation IMHO.

Also, Within the last few months, the county sheriff's office has had a presence here when they didn't before. They now regularly park their vehicles on the other side of the police station.

1. There was no trace evidence. (LE smart enough not to leave any)
2. Nobody saw anything. (Police car on patrol, who thinks anything of it.)
3. Nobody heard anything. (Of course, he is a trusted person.)
4. Last person to see Lindsey, county employee. Who at this point has been and remains nameless. Why? (Speaks for itself.)
5. Most likely area she was nabbed, 3rd and Maple, just a few hundred feet from the police station. (Because who else would know the exact whereabouts of any other fellow officers?)

Imo, your suggestion is worh sleuthing. So my question is, does each of the 4 LEO hired, have their own patrol car, that they keep even during off hours, as an on call 24/7 kind of thing?
Who was on duty that night?

Personally, I want to believe that even though other local LE might not accept it, the FBI would. That is my hope anyway.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members