WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting here wondering why it is that LE has gone utterly silent in this case!

Why? It is not the way LE usually handles missing cases.

not by himself anyway, but with help?
just asking.

Well then that would make him a liability wouldn't it.

Could the brother have assisted? He certainly has the motive. He could have had the opportunity, but the biggest question is, could he have had the means? With an adult partner, perhaps.

:)
Here's the Gray's Harbor County Sheriff's office's web site:
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/index.htm
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michael J. Whelan
Sheriff
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rick Scott
Undersheriff
[/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David Pimentel
Chief Criminal Deputy
[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lynn O'Conner
Chief Civil Deputy
[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dave Christensen
Jail Superintendent
[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Judy Mawhorter
Administrative
Services Chief[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hi STEADFAST and thanks for that.

Where is the Sheriff and the Chief? 3 weeks and nothing coming from them I have seen or heard.

Each one has his own style. We are spoiled. Remember Sheriff Corona eagle eying the camera in front of him, telling the abductor that we will hunt you down and find you!

Little Samantha Runion. And they did. The passion of the joint forces at work willed the finding of her an her perp. I believe that in my heart. An he was tried very soon and sent away forever and a day;

I think those in charge in LE need to have true people skills like Corona did. He was amazing, also the county coroner, etc. Orange County, Ca.

I'm sitting here wondering why it is that LE has gone utterly silent in this case!

Why? It is not the way LE usually handles missing cases.

Makes one wonder doesn't it Scandi. I would think that they would be more vocal if they didn't have enough leads. KK told me herself that LE was not very helpful to them. So much of this case doesn't make any sense.

LOL My favorite childhood song: 'Who'se afraid of the Boogey Man, Ho Ho Ho, not Me, All the talk of the Boogey Man is scary as can be . . . . .'

I have given many great performances of that song to youngsters on the right occasion and it always knocks their socks off. :eek: Hee Hee Hee :eek::eek:

PS: I rarely hear talk of the Boogie Man and just couldn't stop my 'lil fingers here. LOLOLOLOL

We sang it, too. :) We also checked under the beds and inside the closets every night to make sure he wasn't there. (Hate that I misspelled it, however!:mad:)

We sang it, too. :) We also checked under the beds and inside the closets every night to make sure he wasn't there. (Hate that I missspelled it, however!:mad:)

Oh Distracted, How cool!

' . . .and then one night at the stroke of 1 when the kids were all in bed, that boy who laughed at the Boogy Man felt a strange hand on his head . . . a form in white, what a ghostly sight, and he looked at him and said . . . . . . .'

LOLOLOL It is a great song for sure. Ya Ya

Makes one wonder doesn't it Scandi. I would think that they would be more vocal if they didn't have enough leads. KK told me herself that LE was not very helpful to them. So much of this case doesn't make any sense.

I think that is because she is definately under their radar! Who knows why, but where she is they are too! :eek::eek:

I need to think more about her. There is something about her. Someone who she knows, maybe panicked and needs reassurance, watching for any sign of a new contact they haven't seen yet - It could be something very trivial that will suddenly spark the thought that puts it all together. IMO

:eek: i have a much older brother who would tease when i was like 2 and 3 and told me that the boogyman lived under our house....and was watching us thru the vents....im sure my mom didnt understand why i thru a fit everytime we went out the door to and from the car :eek: i was scared out of my mind...poor thing....i had to sleep with the light on ....well...for many years :crazy:

i feel like driving to McCleary and pulling up to the first street car i see or man in uniform...and ask...what the heck is going on here....we the people want to know!

It makes me wonder what Arthur Conan Doyle would have written at this point in the case! I would almost give my eye teeth to know. xox

:eek: i have a much older brother who would tease when i was like 2 and 3 and told me that the boogyman lived under our house....and was watching us thru the vents....im sure my mom didnt understand why i thru a fit everytime we went out the door to and from the car :eek: i was scared out of my mind...poor thing....i had to sleep with the light on ....well...for many years :crazy:

How scary TakeNote. Remember paybacks are a beet*h LOL

I know what you are saying is true. My niece form Paris is visiting. She told me the other day when I sang that song out in front of the campfire last summer she didn't sleep for weeks. Always listening over her shoulder! xox

Could the brother have assisted? He certainly has the motive. He could have had the opportunity, but the biggest question is, could he have had the means? With an adult partner, perhaps.

Or help from an adult to cover it up.

i feel like driving to McCleary and pulling up to the first street car i see or man in uniform...and ask...what the heck is going on here....we the people want to know!

What I would love to do and won't is email the FBI man in charge of the case and ask him why there is almost no LE input to the public on the progress of the case.

I think he might say {though I know he would never answer me} is that they are still investigating and looking for that one clue or misstep by someone that will lead to finding her. Then they will swoop with the speed of a papa hummingbird in action. I sit 30' away from my main feeder and can hear their wings buzzing loudly when they come to drink. Passionately.

I should also say I believe the person they think took her is some regular Joe we would never suspect and is under surveillance continually. They probably have a GSP unit under his car and a bug or two on his phone. They know the public will not be hurt by him again. Steady and silent watch! IMO

It wouldn't have to be an adult partner. He could have met some very unsavory characters in Juvy who are out and about now. Our perp/perps could as easily be 16 yo as 50 yo.

Would you mind asking if they got into the water and checked that stream that runs under the bridge and beyond for me? LOL

I wish someone would have MB pick up the phone and call EquuSearch in to search now. LE has done their thing and it is time to call in the professionals. ;)

It makes me wonder what Arthur Conan Doyle would have written at this point in the case! I would almost give my eye teeth to know. xox
Elementary, my Dear Scandi~ He would visually look to see what she could see from her vantage point between 5th and 6th on Maple. In that 360 degrees, he would find the route she had taken by what could catch her attention and give him a direction. ;) (This being done, of course, after Sir ACD supplied his well known sleuth with his drug of choice. LOL)

One possibility we have not considered is that she turned around and headed back towards KK's house. Could she have forgotten something? Wanted to ask for a ride home from KK's mom or SW? Or was there a place or reason beyond her house for her to go to the other end of Maple?

Yes, it is time to call in the professionals :)

I wonder about Lindsey too.... I wonder if she left MK's house? Did they really watch her from the porch? Did she make it to Maple Street? How far down Maple? Did the Co. Employee really see her?

I feel like she is very close to Maple Street. In one of the houses that line that street. Someone very close. Also, someone Lindsey knew. Right under our noses and LE's noses. I was excited about the guy in Orcutt with the WA plates, but I still think Lindsey is very close to home.....

I wish and pray for a break in this case. She has to be somewhere.....

LE has picked up so many SO's - 4 at least, right? Maybe one of them will talk? But I don't think it is someone who has done this before. I think, like Tori, Lindsey was intercepted by someone who fantisized a lot and took advantage of the opportunity of finding her alone. Someone who could persuade her to go with them.....

Salem

Hi STEADFAST and thanks for that.

Where is the Sheriff and the Chief? 3 weeks and nothing coming from them I have seen or heard.

Each one has his own style. We are spoiled. Remember Sheriff Corona eagle eying the camera in front of him, telling the abductor that we will hunt you down and find you!

Little Samantha Runion. And they did. The passion of the joint forces at work willed the finding of her an her perp. I believe that in my heart. An he was tried very soon and sent away forever and a day;

I think those in charge in LE need to have true people skills like Corona did. He was amazing, also the county coroner, etc. Orange County, Ca.

As per the county sheriff's website:

"Sheriff Michael Whelan is the county official charged with the administration of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department. State Statute (RCW 36.28.010) states that the Sheriff is "the Chief Executive Officer and conservator of the peace of the county."

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department is comprised of three divisions:

Criminal Division
Corrections Division
Civil Division
Each Division has an administrative officer in charge who reports to Undersheriff Rick Scott and then to the Sheriff. To learn more about one of the three divisions, please visit any of the links above. "

To me this sounds like Scott is the top guy as far as investigations and actual law enforcement and Whelan does all the paperwork. JMO

As per the county sheriff's website:

"Sheriff Michael Whelan is the county official charged with the administration of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department. State Statute (RCW 36.28.010) states that the Sheriff is "the Chief Executive Officer and conservator of the peace of the county."

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department is comprised of three divisions:

Criminal Division
Corrections Division
Civil Division
Each Division has an administrative officer in charge who reports to Undersheriff Rick Scott and then to the Sheriff. To learn more about one of the three divisions, please visit any of the links above. "

To me this sounds like Scott is the top guy as far as investigations and actual law enforcement and Whelan does all the paperwork. JMO

Thanks McCleary, That makes perfect sense to me and thanks for the info.

I slept on the puzzle as to why LE is so very silent. The only thing is it is from the advice of the FBI. We don't know what they do and there might be a good reason, especially like we have said, that they have their eyes on someone for the crime.

They first of all want to find Lindsey I believe, and maybe feel their silence will put him more at ease and he will make a mistake. Driving past a certain spot many times for instance, or having a few beers while talking to a friend in the bar.

I swear these FBI men are wired for bear and can hear conversations going on. Even the hard of hearing can buy amplification devices now.

Candlelight Vigil Planned For Missing McCleary Girl:

A candlelight vigil will be held Friday, July 24th at 9pm at the park across from the McCleary City Hall. The vigil will mark the 4th week that she's been missing.

Lindsey's mother Melissa says she's in the process of setting-up a search center in McCleary. She says it'll help organize volunteers to look for her daughter. A Sheriff's Office spokesman says they'll meet with Melissa to talk about her plans for the new center.

Meanwhile, investigators are still following leads and will continue to go door-to-door and search areas, but they still don't know what happened to her.

An Everett group called Operation Lookout has also created a flyer with Lindsey's information. The group hopes to distribute it at the U.S./Canadian border, on Washington State Ferries and in publications around the U.S. including Little Nickel. For more details go to: http://www.operationlookout.org/index1.htm
-snipped-

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-071509-missinggirl,0,4993264.story

video: http://www.q13fox.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=d3ac0a3e-8ae3-413a-a144-91a597c92428&src=front

It disturbs me that the brother's only alibi is his mother...how many times has a scenario arisen where a parent knows they have already lost one child and they refuse to lose both?
I wonder if maybe Mom didn't find something on that hour long search. If it implicated Josh, would she have turned it over? I doubt it. Especially if he asked him and he told her what had happened.

I just wonder, a lot. Brother had time, and from reports, the motivation, to harm his sister and MB had reason to help cover it up. It's the only thing that makes even a screwy kind of sense. I just can't believe in the idea of a random stranger off the freeway, I can't really see where anyone has pointed out a person in town that is acting differently, and with all the online chatter, some one would have talked if there was someone acting weird.

I wonder if they are so silent because the only suspect they have and the only person they are watching, is family and a juvenile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties