WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Candlelight Vigil Planned For Missing McCleary Girl:

A candlelight vigil will be held Friday, July 24th at 9pm at the park across from the McCleary City Hall. The vigil will mark the 4th week that she's been missing.

Lindsey's mother Melissa says she's in the process of setting-up a search center in McCleary. She says it'll help organize volunteers to look for her daughter. A Sheriff's Office spokesman says they'll meet with Melissa to talk about her plans for the new center.

Meanwhile, investigators are still following leads and will continue to go door-to-door and search areas, but they still don't know what happened to her.

An Everett group called Operation Lookout has also created a flyer with Lindsey's information. The group hopes to distribute it at the U.S./Canadian border, on Washington State Ferries and in publications around the U.S. including Little Nickel. For more details go to: http://www.operationlookout.org/index1.htm
-snipped-

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-071509-missinggirl,0,4993264.story

video: http://www.q13fox.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=d3ac0a3e-8ae3-413a-a144-91a597c92428&src=front
Anyone except me find this statement a bit odd?! :confused: It almost sounds like they don't want her to open the center or am I reading something into it? For some reason, it struck me as just an odd thing for their spokesperson to say to the reporter.

BTW~ I will be setting up a thread later today for our own Candlelight Vigil to take place while they are holding the one in McCleary for those of us who cannot attend. Get your candles ready!

NMK,

Thank you for saying what I couldn't find the right way to say.

I really hate to point the finger at the family but something doesn't sit right with this case with me. It's been said several times in the media that kids were always out until dark in McCleary. A parent was interviewed a while ago about how he now watches his children closer and doesn't let them out to run around and play like he used to.
Why is it that every other summer night in McCleary it's bustling with activity.. yet the night she went missing NO ONE saw ANY THING. There had to have been people out and about (besides the two supposed witnesses placing her on Maple near 5th and 6th). It was a friday night.. it was still pretty early, warm out, light out. Where were the towns people?
Nothing brought their attention to something was wrong? Why? Because I don't think it happened like it's being said it happened. I believe she made it home and something happened there. Until they prove me wrong.. that's what I'm always going to think.

Anyone except me find this statement a bit odd?! :confused: It almost sounds like they don't want her to open the center or am I reading something into it? For some reason, it struck me as just an odd thing for their spokesperson to say to the reporter.

BTW~ I will be setting up a thread later today for our own Candlelight Vigil to take place while they are holding the one in McCleary for those of us who cannot attend. Get your candles ready!

yes it does seem odd.

Ok, on a whim I entered adamcampbell65@yahoo.com (the email address of the weird posts on Lindseys guestbook) into Myspace search and came up with a hit.
http://www.myspace.com/456403334

That is telling me that the email address is real (how do I know? In order to register a Myspace account you have to have access to the email account to confirm the Myspace account).

So... adamcampbell65@yahoo.com is a real email address.

in the video it says Lindsey was in the 5 cents to 5 bucks store "a couple of hours before she vanished". This is the first time I have heard of this.

http://www.q13fox.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=d3ac0a3e-8ae3-413a-a144-91a597c92428&src=front

Last I heard she was there the night before for a few hours (until it closed). Now they are saying she was there for a couple of hours the night she vanished?

Ugh.. I'm so sick of getting mixed messages from the media, family and LEs.

Ok, on a whim I entered adamcampbell65@yahoo.com (the email address of the weird posts on Lindseys guestbook) into Myspace search and came up with a hit.

That is telling me that the email address is real (how do I know? In order to register a Myspace account you have to have access to the email account to confirm the Myspace account).

And what do you know...ALC is a sex offender, same age as Myspace guy, yakima WA, child molestation 1...hmmm.
http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowNameList.asp

NMK,

Thank you for saying what I couldn't find the right way to say.

I really hate to point the finger at the family but something doesn't sit right with this case with me. It's been said several times in the media that kids were always out until dark in McCleary. A parent was interviewed a while ago about how he now watches his children closer and doesn't let them out to run around and play like he used to.
Why is it that every other summer night in McCleary it's bustling with activity.. yet the night she went missing NO ONE saw ANY THING. There had to have been people out and about (besides the two supposed witnesses placing her on Maple near 5th and 6th). It was a friday night.. it was still pretty early, warm out, light out. Where were the towns people?
Nothing brought their attention to something was wrong? Why? Because I don't think it happened like it's being said it happened. I believe she made it home and something happened there. Until they prove me wrong.. that's what I'm always going to think.
And where were all those kids that are normally out and about until dark? Are people sheltering their children from speaking to LE about what they saw or heard so they are not "involved" in this case?

And where were all those kids that are normally out and about until dark? Are people sheltering their children from speaking to LE about what they saw or heard so they are not "involved" in this case?

And to add on to yours SS: In most cases that I have seen, personally and through the media, kids like to get involved. They will report anything, barking dogs, a strange car, a man in a funny hat, anything, if it makes them feel important. Usually nothing comes from these reports or they end up being imagination, but I still have not heard anything about any of these "mouth of babe" reports.

Yes, that is definitely new news, if it is true! They mentioned she was at the video store, but the report was she was at that store the night before. No one has ever said she was at that store.

(However, the reporter could have been mistaken and was told about the visit the night before (talking about the balloon for her birthday) then reported it wrong. It wasn't the woman from the store who said it.)

ETA: Are you posting those on the RSO thread, too? ;) Great job, JenniferO!!! (Don't be surprised if you do not hear back from them. It doesn't mean they aren't checking into it because I do think they will have to on this one.)

I don't recall that either. However (imo) q13 fox is probably the worst source of local news (sorry) around here.

And to add on to yours SS: In most cases that I have seen, personally and through the media, kids like to get involved. They will report anything, barking dogs, a strange car, a man in a funny hat, anything, if it makes them feel important. Usually nothing comes from these reports or they end up being imagination, but I still have not heard anything about any of these "mouth of babe" reports.

A lot of the local kids have setup a text group that they send information to each other on about the case. This was the same text group that said Lindsey's body had been found and quickly proved to be false though.

<snipped>

ETA: Are you posting those on the RSO thread, too? ;) Great job, JenniferO!!! (Don't be surprised if you do not hear back from them. It doesn't mean they aren't checking into it because I do think they will have to on this one.)

I will post it there.

and I also sent it to my husband at work.. he and a couple of other guys are going to see if they can figure out if it's written in code. Inmates have hundreds if not thousands of ways to write in code. My husband has a book at work to compare it to so hopefully he will come up with something.

He must also be some sort of nut job too then. What fool leaves cryptic messages on the guestbook of a missing girl that can be traced back to him? Literally pointing a finger at himself? As I have said before, this whole case don't make a whole lot of sense.

See if you follow me here. This guy Adam, gets away with a 10 year old girl clean, no clues, no witnesses and nothing at all that would lead to him being the perp. Then is fool enough to post on her guestbook? I am not buying this. Somebody somewhere is feeding us herrings.

There were two people who seen Lindsey "on Maple between 5th and 6th" right?

First one was the county worker on the way to work. Second one (I'm assuming) was a co-worker of MBs (and I think she worked at the dollar store in Elma that is owned by MM)
Okay, wait a minute.
I am quite sure I've seen enough Forensic Files, and Last 48, and heck, even Unsolved Mysteries (for those of you my age) to know that these 'last sightings' are the first thing that comes under suspicion, with their 'seers'.

Well, second, after the family. But you know what I mean. I've been itching to take apart KK's statements, but really she's least likely to know what happened to Lindsey. Right?

How can it be that we don't know who these two 'last seen' witnesses are?

He must also be some sort of nut job too then. What fool leaves cryptic messages on the guestbook of a missing girl that can be traced back to him? Literally pointing a finger at himself? As I have said before, this whole case don't make a whole lot of sense.

See if you follow me here. This guy Adam, gets away with a 10 year old girl clean, no clues, no witnesses and nothing at all that would lead to him being the perp. Then is fool enough to post on her guestbook? I am not buying this. Somebody somewhere is feeding us herrings.

I agree. It sounds odd but he is either an idiot and doesn't realize the internet activity is traceable or it is someone else just messing around (that is always possible in my opinion) but I felt it was something that needed to be brought to the LEs attention. I gave them the info and I'll let them sort it out.
I would hate to have the info, not tell the LEs and find out later that he had something to do with it.

Okay, wait a minute.
I am quite sure I've seen enough Forensic Files, and Last 48, and heck, even Unsolved Mysteries (for those of you my age) to know that these 'last sightings' are the first thing that comes under suspicion, with their 'seers'.

Well, second, after the family. But you know what I mean. I've been itching to take apart KK's statements, but really she's least likely to know what happened to Lindsey. Right?

How can it be that we don't know who these two 'last seen' witnesses are?

I'd say KK is one of the most likely to know what happened to Lindsey. She's the last confirmed adult to be with Lindsey and her stories vary.

Oops, oh well, I sent it from my back up email addy anyway. So no big loss to me. My curiosity was killing me.

OT: I am feeling a lot better, for those that were worried about me. It turns out, nice to know this now, that certain opiate based painkillers can have dangerous psychological reactions with some other forms of medication. (Like Atarol (sp?))
So, yeah, never take those together, even if they were prescribed. I did and among other things, caught a bad case of burnout.
Please be careful with those medications, because they also have dangerous physical effects, and especially when combined with other medications.

:square:
(Just loving you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members