WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*snipped by me for space*

These two items really raise my hinky meter. Especially the first about the 'unpleasant odor' & timing of such. So sorry to say it this way, but can't really think of any other....This would be a very good way to mask the odor of decomp & it might be interesting to see who knew when this flushing would occur.

About the wheelbarrow, wondering if it might have been in a certain construction location for a period of time, lets say long enough for someone to notice it ? IDK just more things to ponder.

As far as the odor from the water...it is possible that ANYONE could know about that, as they posted the details on the city website. But, the ones with the most knowledge would, of course, be anyone working for the city, and especially the water department.

IMO, Lindsey did not run away from home. She had been having nightmares lately and was afraid of the dark. She would have taken Kadence with her for protection and so as not to be alone. He was her closest companion.

I just will never understand why people do not call LE the very moment they feel they have seen a child who is missing. Why is it we only hear that there was a possible sighting after it is too late for LE to follow up????? I got disgusted by this in Caylee's case. Cindy and her 'investigator' had so many sightings with people supposedly even taking pics, but do not call LE at that very moment?? I will never understand it. If I were to spot a 10 soon to be an 11 year old that was missing, I would try to make that child as comfortable as possible and not let on that I was indeed calling 911 and getting LE there. Even if it turned out not to be a missing child, this was a child who was hungry, thirsty, and appearing to be without adult supervision. My immediate reaction would be that this was a lost or runaway child. I would give this child something to drink, find her something to eat, and get LE there ASAP. I would help that child. I would never turn a child away saying I had no work for them and let them go their way. Even if this person did not yet know about Lindsey (don't know if she did or not), why not help a child who is hungry and thirsty? Sorry, but this is how I feel. I am tired of all of this 'after the fact' reporting when it is too late to really do anything constructive about it.

JMO

Good Morning LaLaw,

I hear what you are saying and have mulled it over myself. I had an experience that will forever haunt me.

Right before I joined WS in 2003 I was on the bus. I noticed a little girl about 5 sitting next to an older man. He had his arm around her holding her close to him and she kept squirming to get away from him. He just kept rubbing her back and holding her close.

I was sitting right across from him and knew something was askew. I started giving him the eagle eye to no avail, and soon the bus stopped and they got out.

I told the bus driver I thought that little girl wanted to get away from that man and she was very uncomfortable with him and she should call LE. The driver said it was probably her grandpa and thought nothing of it.

Forumdom has taught me so much about missing children. I often think of this little girl and hope she is OK today. I did call LE when I got home that day and made a report. Who knows who she was or if she ever got help. xox

As I understand it, LE was notified after the first sighting, and then she was seen again still in the same area. LE had not responded yet, in any visible fashion, between the 2 sightings...if they are legit.

I don't know if the person that reported the sighting knew about Lindsey at the time of the sighting or not. Not many people in Hoodsport do, from the reactions I have been getting.

Well, with all due respect, I would not have let that little person out of my sight. I would have had a co-worker spot for me and helped this child. But that is just me. I will never let a hungry, thirsty child go their way without having helped as much as I could. I do not understand how anyone could. The child was obviously in distress and in need of help.

Good Morning LaLaw,

I hear what you are saying and have mulled it over myself. I had an experience that will forever haunt me.

Right before I joined WS in 2003 I was on the bus. I noticed a little girl about 5 sitting next to an older man. He had his arm around her holding her close to him and she kept squirming to get away from him. He just kept rubbing her back and holding her close.

I was sitting right across from him and knew something was askew. I started giving him the eagle eye to no avail, and soon the bus stopped and they got out.

I told the bus driver I thought that little girl wanted to get away from that man and she was very uncomfortable with him and she should call LE. The driver said it was probably her grandpa and thought nothing of it.

Forumdom has taught me so much about missing children. I often think of this little girl and hope she is OK today. I did call LE when I got home that day and made a report. Who knows who she was or if she ever got help. xox

Ah, you are a great person, scandi! I know exactly what you mean. I would never forget that either. I am glad you made a report.

We were on vacation in Florida when we saw a very cleancut family walking down the road. It was a family of 4 and the man was carrying a suitcase. It was just starting to rain. We stopped and gave them a ride to a truck stop because we were not going their way. We went in and had lunch with them and left enough money for them to get to a relatives town. We just could not have passed them by. They were homeless. I have often wondered how that family is.

But this was a young girl alone. We know of the dangers out there. I would not have let her walk away.

ETA: I could not have let her walk away.

I agree w/what Steadfast & LaLaw is saying ^

The reason i made my <(later removed)> comment is (again) because of how odd it would be for (apparently multiple) people to just let a 10/11 year old looking for food/work 'go'... and seemingly just be 'ho hum' about it.

Even if she was with some one her bumming around & asking for such is just as alarming.

Ah, you are a great person, scandi! I know exactly what you mean. I would never forget that either. I am glad you made a report.

We were on vacation in Florida when we saw a very cleancut family walking down the road. It was a family of 4 and the man was carrying a suitcase. It was just starting to rain. We stopped and gave them a ride to a truck stop because we were not going their way. We went in and had lunch with them and left enough money for them to get to a relatives town. We just could not have passed them by. They were homeless. I have often wondered how that family is.

But this was a young girl alone. We know of the dangers out there. I would not have let her walk away.

ETA: I could not have let her walk away.

Hi LaLaw, I don't think any of us here would because our brains are qued into the well being of children. We are passionate about them.

Does anyone know if there is a bus that goes between Shelton and McCleary?

I am playing catch-up here. I am listening to the podcast interview of MB. Did anyone else catch that the person conducting the interview is Michelle Bart? The same Michelle Bart who inserted herself into Caylee's disappearance? :eek:

Ugh! Yes, I did notice. At least info is getting out there, but I definitely would've preferred not to hear Michelle talking about it. She's a shady lady.

I agree w/what Steadfast & LaLaw is saying ^

The reason i made my <(later removed)> comment is (again) because of how odd it would be for (apparently multiple) people to just let a 10/11 year old looking for food/work 'go'... and seemingly just be 'ho hum' about it.

Even if she was with some one her bumming around & asking for such is just as alarming.

BBM

Exactly, jvk. If she were with an older person, it would be just as alarming. And she wasn't panhandling either. She was asking for work in return to be able to get food and drink.

Just got to say that I cannot put too much trust into a 'sighting' reported after the fact. If this person is not on the up and up, then it is wasting LE resources that could be put to better use. BUT, since the 'sighting' was reported, albeit after the fact, LE has to (and should) follow up on it. I have a feeling that none of the other shop workers will have seen her, tho.

Yes, one of the people (there were a few) who volunteered to be a family spokesperson for the Anthony family is Michelle Bart. She is the person conducting the interview on blogtalkradio. She was a nut.
Say it ain't so!! She is the most unprofessional "spokesperson" I have seen on any case to date besides the fake "Todd Black". We learned everything we needed to know about her in the Anthony case.

I guess it is a very good thing that radio show wouldn't work on my computer since I would have blown a gasket screaming at the speakers. LOL

Re: 'after the fact' - It's possible she reported it prior to her guestbook post ? (question?) -> clarification?

Ugh! Yes, I did notice. At least info is getting out there, but I definitely would've preferred not to hear Michelle talking about it. She's a shady lady.

Recovering-Lurker, she certainly is shady! However; I do not know if we can credit her with being a lady, lol. Joking with you - I know what you are saying.

I so resented Michelle Bart and her actions in Caylee's case. I sincerely hope that she will not insert herself any further into Lindsey's case.

Say it ain't so!! She is the most unprofessional "spokesperson" I have seen on any case to date besides the fake "Todd Black". We learned everything we needed to know about her in the Anthony case.

I guess it is a very good thing that radio show wouldn't work on my computer since I would have blown a gasket screaming at the speakers. LOL

You and me both, SS! Pardon my language, but any case she inserts herself in would be FUBAR in no time.

Lindsey deserves better and so did Caylee.

Hi everyone! Finally made it back from my trip to the mountains..it was great! Cool air , no electricity, so quiet you could hear a pin drop ...loved it.
I was saddened to see there really has been no update for Lindsey.
Can I ask any of the locals there in McCleary about grocery stores there. Looks like there may be 2, Gordon's Select Market&#8206; at 220 W Simpson Ave, Mccleary, WA&#8206; and Sams Food Mart&#8206; at 140 S 3rd St, McCleary, WA&#8206; is that correct?
And would any one know of people working there specific to stocking the shelves?
TIA

Mystic

Re: 'after the fact' - It's possible she reported it prior to her guestbook post ? (question?) -> clarification?

It might be possible, jvk, because it wasn't clear. But one thing for sure is that she did not stop and try to get her some food or water, IMO. If she had, I think she would have said so.

ETA: I was referring to the 'after the fact' being letting that child walk away without doing more and finding out more about her situation. I just get the feeling, tho, that it was not reported at that very time, but later.

Thanks, Norm~ We do need to check into this because of the possibility the water could have been higher in some areas for a very short period of time while not in others.

I am not concerned about the unpleasant odor and color as this does happen when they flush a system because of sediment etc..

However, this goes back to the water tower...Right, Scandi? ;)

Originally Posted by Normcar21
SAND CREEK CHAT

MCCLEARY WATER HYDRANT FLUSHING NOTICE:
http://www.cityofmccleary.com/vertic...9DAEBA3}.PDF

This flushing was to happen between June 22nd through July 2nd and citizens were to expect and anticipate the following during this flushing process:

Hydrants at various locations around the city will be used for this process. If you encounter a hydrant being flushed we urge you to use extreme caution in the area watching for members of the City Crew and also the potential for deep or fast moving water. During these flushing exercises and for a short period afterwards you may experience an unpleasant odor and or taste in your household water system. This is
normal and must be endured to gradually increase the systems overall quality.

Question - would such a flushing have had any effect on Sand Creek, and if so perhaps it set the scenario for either an accident or a deliberate action relative to LB.

WHEELBARROW CHAT

My only comment -- a wheelbarrow would clearly provide a means for moving light to heavy weight a good distance with little effort.

I am so freaked out to hear mB came back to town just to put herself into this case. How grandios can one be? Can anyone in Mc cleary steer her away from there similar to hoe GA was thrown out of Satsuma? I know many who are going to think that someone is better than no one to put this case on the map as MB really knows how to stir a pot of controversy. I had just told my husband yesterday that Lindsey's mom needs appropriate educated help to set up teams of friends to help in all aspects of finding Lindsey. Example, Yes I said a media spokesperson, help with finances to keep Lindsey's name front and center in Western Wa. ect.... but I had no idea the God send would be MB. I'm just spewing venom right now as MB was instrumental in keeping "The Caylee is alive theory" phony theory going. Jimmennyyyyyy, MB was so disrespectful towards LE in her latest blog talk radio interview discussing Caylee case. I hope someone connected to LE tells her to go back from where she came from!!! Sorry that is just how I feel about this snake in the grass woman. Her embellishment of herself is so over the top! "Altogether Now", can we say, "MeMeMe!" is there to self promote or did mB just happen to be visiting Mc Cleary? I think not! Most of the time I post with words like. "It appears" or "It seems" when something may be a fact, so that I'm not legally bound. I can't do that when it comes to MB. I'm willing to state as fact her sevices would be better left up to someone that actually knows what they are doing, like a volunteer from Social Services or for that fact a local media person would be of more assistance. Aaarrrggggg!

Well, with all due respect, I would not have let that little person out of my sight. I would have had a co-worker spot for me and helped this child. But that is just me. I will never let a hungry, thirsty child go their way without having helped as much as I could. I do not understand how anyone could. The child was obviously in distress and in need of help.

I still don't know if the business that she was at called LE. The people that saw the girl were not employees of the store that she was seen in. And I do agree with you...I have, on occasion, given known prostitutes dinner and bus fare after pimp beatings, so how anyone could allow an innocent child to continue in that manner is beyond me.
But some people just don't make those connections until it's too late. Others are afraid to get involved, and sadly there are those that just don't care.

For clarification: LE notification was done before the guestbook post. She posted in the guestbook, I am sensing partly out of frustration from not seeing any sign of an LE response. ANd I know that the woman did at least speak with her long enough to get her name and some other info out of her. I don't know whether she got her anything to eat or drink, at this point, everything that she has said has been related to verifying whether or not this child was Lindsey. Whether or not the tipster fed her isn't really instrumental in determining the child's identity and I doubt she would have included it in her post.

[/B]

Recovering-Lurker, she certainly is shady! However; I do not know if we can credit her with being a lady, lol. Joking with you - I know what you are saying.

I so resented Michelle Bart and her actions in Caylee's case. I sincerely hope that she will not insert herself any further into Lindsey's case.

Ha! I thought of that just after I posted. Definitely not a lady. I had to rhyme though. :crazy:

I still don't know if the business that she was at called LE. The people that saw the girl were not employees of the store that she was seen in. And I do agree with you...I have, on occasion, given known prostitutes dinner and bus fare after pimp beatings, so how anyone could allow an innocent child to continue in that manner is beyond me.
But some people just don't make those connections until it's too late. Others are afraid to get involved, and sadly there are those that just don't care.

For clarification: LE notification was done before the guestbook post. She posted in the guestbook, I am sensing partly out of frustration from not seeing any sign of an LE response.

Thank you for clarifying that the people who saw the girl were not employees of the store she was in. In that case, I do wonder how that person knew she was looking for work? She apparently knew the girl said her name was Lindsey and that she was hungry and thirsty.

Yes, I read that the first sentence of that post stated that she had called the tip line and so forth. I just do not know why she would know of a hungry, thirsty child and not do anything about it. I am going to leave it alone now.

I know you are a very compassionate person, not_my_kids. GB you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home