WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and she wrote on her blog that WSers were threatening her, so Tricia e-mailed her for the proof. Michelle retracted her blog post about it. She's cuckoo.

HA! I never knew about that one!

Attention-seekers crave so much drama. Crazy. :waitasec:

Excellent information, Scandi~ WTG!

You could ask if there was any way to open the water tower enough to insert a person, for starters. ;) I could not find anything on the internet which even mentioned an opening.

I called him back and he dropped the phone. LOL Don't think he gets many calls, and 2 in a row maybe startled him. A really nice guy.

He said the water tower is unaccessible to the public. The water is syphoned up into it and then drains out by gravity - just the basics of that. I said you mean they never go in and clean it out? He said yes they do but for that they first drain all the water out and have a way in only they can access.

He then said if anyone had breeched the tower it would have shown up as a change in water pressure and that has not happened. I said that rules that out then, and he agreed she couln't be in the tower itself or they would know about it from their gauges.

She could have still been driven up there by the perp IMO. A place of solitude with a bit of lighting probably. Just perfect for a perp.

typing w/ one hand ~ holding 1 month old grandson w/ the other ~ :beats:

trivial update (?) - MK no longer has LB listed among her top friends :confused:

& does anyone have a screenshot of KK's page, cuz if she had LB as a friend, she doesn't now

also looking at KK's daughter in AZ - has some issues I'd say. just checkin out the fam ~

This case is one of the most frustrating cases I've seen!!! Seems that mom Baum has very little support and help...and the more I sense that to be the case, the more I want to help find beautiful Lindsey. I am hoping that mom Baum picks up the phone and calls the wonderful, compassionate, and talented people from Equusearch!!! Equusearch is supported by donations. Equusearch is free to the families who use their services.

Texas EquuSearch Office
4013 FM 517, Suite B Dickinson, Texas 77539
P. O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539
Office: (281) 309-9500
Fax : (281) 534-6719
Toll Free: (877) 270-9500
If you have any questions, or need to contact our organization, please contact our office at any phone number above, or email us. We promise to be prompt with our response
Tim

As much as I hate to think it - the lack of help, support, and people involvement is most likely due to the economic status of the Baum family. Money seems to make a difference in solving cases with missing and murdered children....I find that just plain sickening!!!! Seems to me that the crime sites are filled with people who are more concerned and determined than LE...jmo

I will post this link again since I feel it tells what is really going on in this case. The article, written by a doctor who worked in McCleary for 2 weeks, is poignant in it's assessments of McCleary and LE, and what goes on in searching for missing children. Life is too short for this kind of nonsense - NO family should have to be rich or prestigious to find their child!!! :furious:

sorry this link is no longer set to the right page
http://secretwave101.wordpress.com/2...and-forgotten/

Doesn't TES require that local LE ask for assistance before they will search? The mom of the Wix girls told me that...There are other search teams that will come like Klaas Kids, I believe.

A lack of financial resources can be one issue, but another is that people lose interest. They think "well, I did my part and there's nothing more I can do..." Seems like there is still a lot of fear in the community as well. I think there's a lot of components to losing public interest in a missing person's case.

As much as I hate to think it - the lack of help, support, and people involvement is most likely due to the economic status of the Baum family. Money seems to make a difference in solving cases with missing and murdered children....I find that just plain sickening!!!! Seems to me that the crime sites are filled with people who are more concerned and determined than LE...jmo

I will post this link again since I feel it tells what is really going on in this case. The article, written by a doctor who worked in McCleary for 2 weeks, is poignant in it's assessments of McCleary and LE, and what goes on in searching for missing children. Life is too short for this kind of nonsense - NO family should have to be rich or prestigious to find their child!!! :furious:

->

http://secretwave101.wordpress.com/2009/07/20/vanished-and-forgotten/

? <-

Doesn't TES require that local LE ask for assistance before they will search? The mom of the Wix girls told me that...There are other search teams that will come like Klaas Kids, I believe.

Kimster: Equusearch is a 'search and recovery' organization. They need a call from the parent 'cause of where and how they search. There has to be some reconciliation by the parent to the fact the child could be dead. Equusearch, as you well know, search in rivers, dense forests, and places a child missing for a month wouldn't normally be if still alive.

Once contacted by the family, I'm pretty sure Equusearch would call LE. WHY WOULDN'T LE need and welcome their help??? :waitasec:

typing w/ one hand ~ holding 1 month old grandson w/ the other ~ :beats:

trivial update (?) - MK no longer has LB listed among her top friends :confused:

& does anyone have a screenshot of KK's page, cuz if she had LB as a friend, she doesn't now

also looking at KK's daughter in AZ - has some issues I'd say. just checkin out the fam ~

O/T: Whispering congratulations on your grandson! How precious!

Kimster: Equusearch is a 'search and recovery' organization. They need a call from the parent 'cause of where and how they search. There has to be some reconciliation by the parent to the fact the child could be dead. Equusearch, as you well know, search in rivers, dense forests, and places a child missing for a month wouldn't normally be if still alive.

Once contacted by the family, I'm pretty sure Equusearch would call LE. WHY WOULDN'T LE need and welcome their help??? :waitasec:

I'm just going by what Jenn Wix's mom told me. She said she contacted them and they said they needed support from LE, which they did NOT get. This could be due to the fact that it is believed the girls' remains are on private property and the owners of the property are not willing to allow a search, however. Thanks for the clarification! :blowkiss:

A lack of financial resources can be one issue, but another is that people lose interest. They think "well, I did my part and there's nothing more I can do..." Seems like there is still a lot of fear in the community as well. I think there's a lot of components to losing public interest in a missing person's case.

People lose interest, but not us on the crime blogs - maybe LE need to take some notes from those who are on here night and day searching, tearing apart, and theorizing about every possible scenario.

People with money know how to keep their missing child in the headlines, in the news, and in people's thoughts. Shows like NG, Issues have ratings to worry about - and I completely understand that. Calling Equusearch would once again light a fire under this case...and hopefully locate Lindsey. mho

I respectfully disagree with you. Socioeconomic status may affect the media attention but I really believe that the people of McCleary want this little girl found as much as we do. We have met some incredibly compassionate people on this board from McCleary - yes, I know it's just a handful, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people sincerely want her to be found and will help in any way they can.

But the reality is that people have huge responsibilities of their own. There is really only so much they can do. And in this economic climate, money is tight even for the search of a little girl. Add to that the fact that LE and the FBI have stated that she was most likely taken by someone she knew, I'm sure a lot of people don't know who they can trust.

I believe that the most important thing we can do right now is keep her story alive through any avenue available to us.

Private property or not - people should be willing to allow their property to be searched. If they don't, then something is wrong with them!! :furious:

A child is missing, FGS, how would it hurt?

TES will come if a parent calls them, but they do work within LE's parameters. LE should be happy to have a professional such as Tim Miller and TES searchers. I wish they had been there earlier on. If there is ever an LE department that would not welcome TES, then I am glad I do not live in their jurisdiction.

Private property or not - people should be willing to allow their property to be searched. If they don't, then something is wrong with them!! :furious:

I agree.

A child is missing, FGS, how would it hurt?

TES will come if a parent calls them, but they do work within LE's parameters. LE should be happy to have a professional such as Tim Miller and TES searchers. I wish they had been there earlier on. If there is ever an LE department that would not welcome TES, then I am glad I do not live in their jurisdiction.

Oh, you can be VERY glad you don't live in Robertson County Tennessee!!! BELIEVE that!!! And the people who own the property? Their SON is the last one to see Jennifer and Adrianna Wix! Before I go way off on a rabbit trail, I'll refer you to my link below if you want to post about that case. It is a sick sick sick case all the way around! :mad::mad::mad:

I feel like i should be doing more then just hitting the refresh button on my browser :/

i didn't get **** for sleep last night.

I respectfully disagree with you. Socioeconomic status may affect the media attention but I really believe that the people of McCleary want this little girl found as much as we do. We have met some incredibly compassionate people on this board from McCleary - yes, I know it's just a handful, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people sincerely want her to be found and will help in any way they can.

But the reality is that people have huge responsibilities of their own. There is really only so much they can do. And in this economic climate, money is tight even for the search of a little girl. Add to that the fact that LE and the FBI have stated that she was most likely taken by someone she knew, I'm sure a lot of people don't know who they can trust.

I believe that the most important thing we can do right now is keep her story alive through any avenue available to us.

I never meant that the people from McCleary are not compassionate, caring, and sincere people. We can see the great work some have contributed to this case right here on WS. The link to the article written by a doctor who filled in for a doc in McCleary is right on target...I agree with it 1000%...and I am sure it's not meant just for Mccleary but for any small town. I experienced the same kind of rage with the case in Florida, little Haleigh. I'm sure she's in the woods somewhere.

I feel like i should be doing more then just hitting the refresh button on my browser :/

i didn't get **** for sleep last night.

Okay JVK! Settle down and take a nap!
259.gif

That's an order!
alien-smiley-114.gif

Oh, you can be VERY glad you don't live in Robertson County Tennessee!!! BELIEVE that!!! And the people who own the property? Their SON is the last one to see Jennifer and Adrianna Wix! Before I go way off on a rabbit trail, I'll refer you to my link below if you want to post about that case. It is a sick sick sick case all the way around! :mad::mad::mad:

I remember this sick case...it's appalling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme