WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scandi~ I have always heard that if the person wes picked up and carried or got into a vehicle there would be no scent. This would indicate to me that an open window would not matter. Maybe I need to do more research.

Thanks to everyone for posting what was said on the radio program since I couldn't get it to work here. I appreciate it very much.

There are some interesting tid bits there. The man with the dog. Her looking at SO sites. The abduction/kick and scream speech. (Could this have put ideas into Lindsey's head if she was thinking of running away?)

After all of this, why would MB have allowed her to go with a friend to the park to hunt for the guy's dog anyway?! Didn't MB feel this could be a situation she didn't particularly want Lindsey involved with after their talks? I guess I don't understand this type of parenting.

Hi SS, I need to do more research on dogs that sniff rafts.

In Laci's case a tracker live scent dog trained in rafts scented her all the way down the freeway, the turn off and end of the pier at the Berkeley Marina. I didn't realize it was a live scent tracker dog until a Peterson case expert told me that. I don't think we ever learned where she was in the truck but there was a report Scott was seen driving to the Bay with Laci sitting in the front seat somewhat slumped over. She could have been barely alive at that time IMO. xox

not_my_kids: Confirm the Hoodsport sighting was of the age of Lindsey?

From what I have been told, yes. Rougher, for lack of a better word, but appeared to be the same age.

The more-coherent AC e-mail could've been from a confused person.

I have not made a comment on that guestbook but my guess is it does not verify the e-mail address entered (ie, anyone can enter any e-mail address, and name etc..)

I still suspect the 2 (AC) posts were a bot.

What was the ip address?

There *should* be at least two IPs - one being (one or more) mail server(s) & the next being originating source.

Depending on mail client it may require a couple of steps to view the full headers of the e-mail.

I'll post it if it's within TOS,

I know home addresses are not allowed, but what about IP addresses?

Not My Kids - yesterday I was reading posts about cryptic messages...some sex offender that was named AC. Now I know that is Adam Campbell, a 31yo pedophile from Spanaway Wa. I researched him on 3 different data bases today and found that he was 'hearing impaired'. Do you think that's the reason for the poor spelling and sentences that don't make much sense? Also, are we supposed to protect known sex offenders on this site? Is that why everyone uses initials? TIA

I've been thinking that the posting could have been done by someone with a really bad microphone and speech recognition system...hearing impaired would be possible too and I have no idea how i missed that AC was.
We use initials to protect EVERYONE, the innocent and the potential suspects. We have to treat most everyone as if they are innocent of THIS crime until LE or the media names them publicly. After that we can use names, but it's easier for some of us to use initials all the time, so we don't forget.

two days before LIndsey went missing, a man was looking for a missing dog. It was legit, and he posted posters around town, but she used it as an opportunity to remind Lindsey of cautions.
MB said she showed Lindsey the SO website.
She wouldn't have gotten in a car with a stranger, she would have fought.
MB says someone knows something.
People know something.
She is concerned someone is covering for the perp.
MB said it was almost 11pm before it got dark that night.
She says her son is a wanderer.
LB was last seen at 9:20pm
She said Lindsey was aware of safety issues.
She said she told Lindsey to kick, fight, scream, if someone ever tried to abduct her.
She said Lindsey had slip on shoes on, and her shoes were not found.

Talking about a website called takeroot.org about adults who were abducted as children, and family members of abducted children.
http://www.takeroot.org/

"A wanderer?":waitasec: :confused:

ETA: Can you tell my multiquote won't work?

Unless the ip is static & also tied to a (registered, non-by-proxy) domain (with public (registrar) info) it only gives a general area of (network/isp) vicinity. - On the face anyways.

Edit: Basically, it's never a direct shot from IP -> person.

Edit x2: It's really best to have the full header of the e-mail. Tossing around a(n) ip address is not the full picture.

I have not used this software in quite a while but i'm sure it's still pretty good: http://www.visualroute.com/ (makes things a little easier & simple) - I'd try the non-lite trial version first.

Hi Eyes, I think it is that anyone who has been mentioned in a link in regards to Lindsey's case, is named as a POI or arrested is fair game for discussion. Anyone else is 'initials only' so as not to besmirch their good name and also protect posters and our Site Owner from being sued. xox

I guess I have different feelings about sex offenders, especially convicted pedophiles who are on every sex offender site possible. If we have to discuss or research them in terms of initials only, I say a great deal of info is missed by those reading and lurking this site. Jmo...

Is that why there is a seperate thread for discussing sex offenders - do we need to address them by initials there also? I'm trying hard to learn the protocol of this site...I certainly don't want to offend anyone but are we really worried about besmirtching the 'good name' of a registered sex offender? TIA :eek:

Unless the ip is static & also tied to a registered (non-by-proxy) domain (with public (registrar) info) it only gives a general area of (network) vicinity. - On the face anyways.

When I traced it, it went to Sunnyvale, CA. But it was posted on the web, so I will do this the way we do home addresses. I'll post the link that talks about it, but not put up the info itself.

http://whois.domaintools.com/127.0.0.1 (First IP)

http://whois.domaintools.com/67.195.9.100( Second IP)

http://whois.domaintools.com/67.195.9.82 (Third IP)

http://whois.domaintools.com/69.147.84.144 (Fourth IP)

Fifth is the same as the first

Sixth is the one that gets a lot of google hits: http://whois.domaintools.com/98.136.44.34

Looks like 2, 3, 4 & 6 are all yahoo mail servers. #1 (& #5, oddly) isn't relevant. It's local host.

It's possible the end ip (#7, last?) is also a mail server.

You might be tracing the mail server ip, not the originating source. - It's possible that's not available but that can really only be determined by looking @ the full header.

It's nearly pointless to just post the in between IP's (edit <removed> clarify below)

I've seen IP's skip oceans in between.

That sixth one has been all over the world. Google told me that. I believe it was used in connection to a dating scam, but I may be wrong. By the time I quit reading yesterday, my eyes were crossing.

That sixth one has been all over the world. Google told me that. I believe it was used in connection to a dating scam, but I may be wrong. By the time I quit reading yesterday, my eyes were crossing.

That's because it's a yahoo mail server. Note the "Resolve Host" of every IP. - This is the named version of the given IP address.

They all say 'yahoo mail' in some fashion.

Putting the IP address into a search engine is not exactly 'tracing' by normal tech terms. (but still useful) - At first i thought you were running a trace from your IP to the given IP - but that's not the case. So i axed what i said about revealing info.

As much as i'd love to explain networking all the way down to OSI layers it would save a great deal of time if we either move on or don't bother. Honestly i'm not terribly motivated to research this (likely imo) dead end.

If some other tech wants to jump in that'd be great. Again, could easily require full e-mail headers of which if you're not comfortable with revealing or isn't allowed etc* whatever.

We're just staring at a bunch of mail server ip's.

Putting the IP address into a search engine is not exactly 'tracing' by normal tech terms. (but still useful) - At first i thought you were running a trace from your IP to the given IP - but that's not the case. So i axed what i said about revealing info.

Nope, just the basic, where in the world are you, type of trace.

I check my own and it is always several cities off, but always in the same country and usually in the same state. It bounces, but not that badly.

It is interesting to note, but LE seems more concerned with his well being and safety as opposed to him being a danger to anyone. The article mentions he would not have missed his son's graduation, he maintains a room (so he isn't really homeless and transient), and that he has seizures. This paints the picture of a man down on his luck with ties to his family, community, and has a medical condition which could account for him being missing.

Well, according to this here article, he has been known to take off for long periods of time--wonder where and why? LE refers to him as "homeless."

http://kbkw.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=499
http://so.co.mason.wa.us/index.php?id=27,544,0,0,1,0

As much as i'd love to explain networking all the way down to OSI layers it would save a great deal of time if we either move on or don't bother. Honestly i'm not terribly motivated to research this (likely imo) dead end.

If some other tech wants to jump in that'd be great. Again, could easily require full e-mail headers of which if you're not comfortable with revealing or isn't allowed etc* whatever.

We're just staring at a bunch of mail server ip's.

That's why I said yesterday that I was done with him. I sent in what I had. Now, at least we know that the supposed sighting was posted by a real, and seemingly legitimate person. If there's anything to ALC, LE can dig it up. They have people they pay to stare at headers until their eyes cross. We're all volunteers.

Ok (got PM'd header)

web111208.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP = Used yahoo website to send the email

edit: <removed>

My apologies if i am short. Burned out technician.

My apologies if i am short. Burned out technician.

No prob. Flunked a math test, I'm a bit touchy myself right now...
for that reason, I will see everyone tomorrow. Good night all.
Good night Lindsey.

I've flunked a many a math tests. Cost me a cisco certification. (damn subnet calcs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member