WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great interview.
Re Guy hunting for dog...hinky meter time.:eek:

MB said it was legit, but I hope LE checked him out anyway.
I wonder if a local can give us more info on this person, or grab a poster of the dog. :)
Driving around asking kids if they saw his dog.
Lindsey and friends decided to go to the park to look for the dog.
Mom reminded her of being cautious.
Lindsey said, "Duh mom, I'm not stupid."

Elizabeth S. continues to give hope to all family members that their children can come home, by her story.

They are encouraging people to check out homeless shelters, and retreat centers.
Very interesting.

Melissa made it quite clear that Lindsey had slip on shoes on and they were not found anywhere.
Its tough to accept the fact that the dogs could not pick up her scent esp with her walking all over that area of town. I think I would try another set of dogs.

Elizabeth S. continues to give hope to all family members that their children can come home, by her story.

They are encouraging people to check out homeless shelters, and retreat centers.
Very interesting.

Sure do appreciate you're listening to the interview and translating...thanks again!:clap:

Sad that we can't even verify who sent Josh home and if 1 or 2 people saw Lindsey between 5th & 6th. Maybe they were all the same person, maybe there was 2 people or 1. If I knew the lack of information was intentional I would be quiet about it...if it's due to the lack of qualified LE on the case, I feel outraged for Lindsey. :mad:

Hi Eyes, What really bothers me is I read that the houses on Maple in that block were never searched inside. Who knows if that is really true. I would think by Tuesday when the second witness gave their account it would have been #1 on LE's list of things to do!

SAND CREEK CHAT

A number of posts have highlighted sand creek, it's depth at the time of disappearance, potential for hiding this and that, descriptions of it now. Here are some of the various post numbers relative to this and a short comment by myself:

SS - #65 That reminds me...where does that creek go by the park and ride? The photo showed the fencing and a large culvert type cement thing...so does the water actually run underneath the parking lot from there? Where does it go out? How far does it flow underneath the street? Did they do a complete search of that creek enough to insure she is not stuck under there somewhere out of view a few feet inside?

CS - #66 I couldn't see where that emptied out to SS. I didn't try to follow it out though. Ah. You know that was something that KK mentioned that I forgot to mention. My bad. She said that LE had not been very thorough, not as thorough as they claimed. She said there were houses along Maple that hadn't even been looked at.

SS - #67 Now...See! I bet they didn't search that water, under the bridge, or that area either! Those weeds had not been bent over and didn't appear "searched" to me. I know. I know. There I go with that bridge thing again. LOL If they haven't searched around some of the houses on Maple...there is something wrong.

CS - #71 I tried to peer down in there and it looks like a fairly small opening. You'd really have to work to drag someone in there. Also if the foliage is not tramped down from searchers, then it wasn't trampled down from someone dragging a body in there either. I would imagine that when the searchers went through, they were looking for signs of recent activity and when they didn't see any, moved on.

Comment:

MCCLEARY WATER HYDRANT FLUSHING NOTICE:
http://www.cityofmccleary.com/verti...ds/{00E55450-A0DD-43DB-9F8F-CF3D19DAEBA3}.PDF

This flushing was to happen between June 22nd through July 2nd and citizens were to expect and anticipate the following during this flushing process:

Hydrants at various locations around the city will be used for this process. If you encounter a hydrant being flushed we urge you to use extreme caution in the area watching for members of the City Crew and also the potential for deep or fast moving water. During these flushing exercises and for a short period afterwards you may experience an unpleasant odor and or taste in your household water system. This is
normal and must be endured to gradually increase the systems overall quality.

Question - would such a flushing have had any effect on Sand Creek, and if so perhaps it set the scenario for either an accident or a deliberate action relative to LB.

WHEELBARROW CHAT

CS - #56 She said he brought the wheel barrow with him. It was only about 2 weeks before Lindsey disappeared. Have no idea where it is now.

SS - #59 Isn't that interesting? He just carts around his own wheelbarrow to put people in at the park.

CS - #60 - I don't find anything particularly strange in that. I mean when I was a kid, I did the same thing with my siblings.

NMK - #63 Ya know, a 13 year old kid hauling around a wheelbarrow to play with, not really all that odd. A socially awkward 13 year old boy with an odd level of silence, detachment and seemingly violent outbursts, that just happens to push a wheelbarrow around...now that is a bit disturbing.

Further chat goes on concerning the wheelbarrow.

My only comment -- a wheelbarrow would clearly provide a means for moving light to heavy weight a good distance with little effort.

Melissa made it quite clear that Lindsey had slip on shoes on and they were not found anywhere.
Its tough to accept the fact that the dogs could not pick up her scent esp with her walking all over that area of town. I think I would try another set of dogs.

Hi BB, If Lindsey really got into a car between 5th and 6th on Maple I think only a top notch tracking dog {live scent} would have caught her recent scent. The reason for that is she walked that road all the time and like LE said that confused the dogs.

She was obviously alive at that point so a recovery or cadaver dog wouldn't catch her scent.

A dog who sniffs the skin rafts a person sheds would work I think as she was walking down the road and then stopped walking when picked up. But to call in a valuable and unusual dog like that right off the bat would not be normal procedure I would think.

And once she was in a car if the windows were closed there would be no rafts escaping from the car. Again the special raft sniffer dog could have been effective if the window was down but unlikely they used a dog like that.

PS: IMO LE has a lot more dog info than they have let on, on purpose. They want the perp to think they have nothing so as to set him at ease.

JVK, could you please PLEASE edit the email addy out of your post...she is a sweet woman and doesn't need any kind of harassment...this is a public thread.

Also, most of the churches and stores that I have emailed in Hoodsport have no idea that there is a search or that Lindsey even exists.

Scandi~ I have always heard that if the person was picked up and carried or got into a vehicle there would be no scent. This would indicate to me that an open window would not matter. Maybe I need to do more research.

Thanks to everyone for posting what was said on the radio program since I couldn't get it to work here. I appreciate it very much.

There are some interesting tid bits there. The man with the dog. Her looking at SO sites. The abduction/kick and scream speech. (Could this have put ideas into Lindsey's head if she was thinking of running away?)

After all of this, why would MB have allowed her to go with a friend to the park to hunt for the guy's dog anyway?! Didn't MB feel this could be a situation she didn't particularly want Lindsey involved with after their talks? I guess I don't understand this type of parenting.

JVK, could you please PLEASE edit the email addy out of your post...she is a sweet woman and doesn't need any kind of harassment...this is a public thread.

Also, most of the churches and stores that I have emailed in Hoodsport have no idea that there is a search or that Lindsey even exists.
It is frightening to know that 40 miles away they never heard of Lindsey being missing! WTH? Are their news channels completely different? Newspapers? Have their police radios been broken for a month?! Something is very wrong with that picture.

I agree we should not post her email addy and we shouldn't say she should be in the Bee place either. ;) We are hopeful to gain her as a member here.

You know what's weird is if two different people saw Lindsey between 5th and 6th on Maple, then wouldn't they have seen each other? Why wouldn't the first person tell LE, "I saw Lindsey and X"? Then LE would go ask X right away. But it was a few days before X came forward. Or some of the media has it wrong, and it was only one person.

If Lindsey was taken on Maple, it seems as if there'd be a vehicle description by the same person who saw her -- it's such a short distance. I'm leaning towards the alleyway from 5th to 6th (the one parallel to Simpson.) Much easier for someone to lure her back there and into a car.

I can't see someone grabbing her on Simpson, with its open businesses, so if not by the alley, then by the park and ride. But would someone really lie in wait at the park and ride within view of the police station and the gas station to grab a child?

And why would someone wait in an alley or the park and ride at that late time on the off chance a child would walk by?

So, my guess at this point is someone was driving down Simpson, saw her pass 6th, drove through the alley to 5th to see whether she'd go straight down Maple or turn up 5th. I assume she turned up 5th. And then she was lured into the alley and into a car.

Anyway, that's my theory at this point. (That, or someone along her route lured her into their home or business.)

I've edited my post & removed the e-mail address - which is a click away from getting anyways. I just prefer things to be complete when they are copied. (that way when/if they disappear, there's a copy) - Also, i guess i will remove my beehive comment - since we know otherwise..

There were a couple of store clerks that had heard of Lindsey...and some others that had heard of her, but admitted they couldn't match her face with her name unless they had a poster in front of them. It's terrifying. She could be 50 miles from home and hidden in plain sight.

I am afraid that she may have known what was about to happen...I don't know how. At this point, I think the best I can hope for is that she ran away to keep something worse from happening to her.

Steadfast~ What if the person wasn't worried about being seen by anyone at the PD station? What if they were supposed to be in that area? There are 3 policemen in that small town. Where are their solid alibis for the time Lindsey went missing? Did the FBI ask them to take LDTs?

Not My Kids - yesterday I was reading posts about cryptic messages...some sex offender that was named AC. Now I know that is Adam Campbell, a 31yo pedophile from Spanaway Wa. I researched him on 3 different data bases today and found that he was 'hearing impaired'. Do you think that's the reason for the poor spelling and sentences that don't make much sense? Also, are we supposed to protect known sex offenders on this site? Is that why everyone uses initials? TIA

not_my_kids: Confirm the Hoodsport sighting was of the age of Lindsey?

You know what's weird is if two different people saw Lindsey between 5th and 6th on Maple, then wouldn't they have seen each other? Why wouldn't the first person tell LE, "I saw Lindsey and X"? Then LE would go ask X right away. But it was a few days before X came forward. Or some of the media has it wrong, and it was only one person.

If Lindsey was taken on Maple, it seems as if there'd be a vehicle description by the same person who saw her -- it's such a short distance. I'm leaning towards the alleyway from 5th to 6th (the one parallel to Simpson.) Much easier for someone to lure her back there and into a car.

I can't see someone grabbing her on Simpson, with its open businesses, so if not by the alley, then by the park and ride. But would someone really lie in wait at the park and ride within view of the police station and the gas station to grab a child?

And why would someone wait in an alley or the park and ride at that late time on the off chance a child would walk by?

So, my guess at this point is someone was driving down Simpson, saw her pass 6th, drove through the alley to 5th to see whether she'd go straight down Maple or turn up 5th. I assume she turned up 5th. And then she was lured into the alley and into a car.

Anyway, that's my theory at this point. (That, or someone along her route lured her into their home or business.)

STEADFAST, SUPER SLEUTHER :woohoo: Yes, In one block two people see her at the same time on Maple. That block would take what, 1 1/2 min to walk? I think this is a MONK type clue STEADFAST, something I have been searching for.

There was a RUMOR that one witness lived between 5th and 6th on Simpson but was never confirmed so we can't use it. << cough cough >> It sure could fit into your scenario tho.

Just thoughts to see if one sticks and some are repeat thoughts:

I still think if we can believe Sheli, who has been talked to by LE as she is a friend of Lindsey's {IMO}, that a shoe and shirt of hers was found by the bridge she made it at least across 3rd.

If she were being chased she would have lost her shoe, right? Chasing her would draw attention. Nope IMO That means she got in a car voluntarily, and he wouldn't drive her down to an area behind the police station, Nah.

It could be someone in that block from Simpson to Maple took her in to their house.

The luring of it would have to have been done fast as every resi neighborhood has lots of eyes and he wouldn't want to be seen.

Not My Kids - yesterday I was reading posts about cryptic messages...some sex offender that was named AC. Now I know that is Adam Campbell, a 31yo pedophile from Spanaway Wa. I researched him on 3 different data bases today and found that he was 'hearing impaired'. Do you think that's the reason for the poor spelling and sentences that don't make much sense? Also, are we supposed to protect known sex offenders on this site? Is that why everyone uses initials? TIA

Hi Eyes, I think it is that anyone who has been mentioned in a link in regards to Lindsey's case, is named as a POI or arrested is fair game for discussion. Anyone else is 'initials only' so as not to besmirch their good name and also protect posters and our Site Owner from being sued. xox

The more-coherent AC e-mail could've been from a confused person.

I have not made a comment on that guestbook but my guess is it does not verify the e-mail address entered (ie, anyone can enter any e-mail address, and name etc..)

I still suspect the 2 (AC) posts were a bot.

not_my_kids said:
Adam bot responded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not_my_kids said:
All caps "how do you know my email address?"

What was the ip address?

There *should* be at least two IPs - one being (one or more) mail server(s) & the next being originating source.

Depending on mail client it may require a couple of steps to view the full headers of the e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06