WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, his EditRed history is definitely suspicious. He's dry or posting only 1 or 2 poems at a time until recently where he's started posting or editing in large amounts. I know some people's coping mechanism is poetry, but these seem just a little too dark and creepy for someone who should be nauseated and vomiting at the loss of his girl. As a poet myself, the last thing I would be doing is writing, instead I would bouncing between being curled up in the fetal position sobbing to wanting to find the monster who did it myself.

Wow Inspector12004 - good sleuthing! And Welcome aboard.

Thanks for sharing... I have read the major stuff, but not the stuff under the 2nd user name. Dates and times are very important in this stuff.

Salem

Wow Inspector12004 - good sleuthing! And Welcome aboard.

Thanks for sharing... I have read the major stuff, but not the stuff under the 2nd user name. Dates and times are very important in this stuff.

Salem
I found this statement in Eclipse...." Where the PROBLEM bore its roots, Got too uncomfortable , relaxed, and untied its( referring to the first person) boots.

Odd or just babble... :waitasec:

Update from KOMO 4 in Seattle: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84417422.html

SNIP

WENATCHEE, Wash. -- The search for the killer of a Wenatchee teen found dead over the weekend now spans three counties wide.

Thirty investigators, including FBI agents, working on the homicide case of Mackenzie Cowell finished canvassing multiple scenes on Monday in Chelan, Douglas and Grant counties.

I wonder if there is something else in Grant County, or, if the fact the house sits yards from the Grant/Douglas boundary they're adding Grant to the list.

Riderofthestrom, I would venture to say they included Grant county because they searched over the county line.

I've read this kid's poems etc. - would be significant if he were a suspect/poi or even a confirmed b/f

as for now, I'm not sure that they even knew each other - the absence of status updates mourning Mackenzie or anything of that nature has me scratching my head - wouldn't he at least pretend to be grieving if he were involved? maybe not ... idk

and I'm with the other poster who mentioned some friends had written similar poems; I myself have written poems and stories that readers would think were creepy if I were ever arrested/suspected of a horrible crime

I really want to find this Joaquin person though - who's Joaquin?!?

I found another J. connection to Mackenzie - connected to photography - modeling photos/videos

initials JL - lives in Wenatchee - has MS

can't actually see his photos/videos unless you friend request him

They did know each other they are on each others Facebook and Myspace pages....

I meant in a personal sense

there are loads of people on those pages that they don't know in real life

can you access Mackenzie's MS? the only one we found is private

Lady L, research the threads and the intitial you are looking for is in the thread all the clues to this person and where you can read his stuff is in the threads above....

Lady L, research the threads and the intitial you are looking for is in the thread all the clues to this person and where you can read his stuff is in the threads above....

I've read all his stuff

I've read this kid's poems etc. - would be significant if he were a suspect/poi or even a confirmed b/f

as for now, I'm not sure that they even knew each other - the absence of status updates mourning Mackenzie or anything of that nature has me scratching my head - wouldn't he at least pretend to be grieving if he were involved? maybe not ... idk

and I'm with the other poster who mentioned some friends had written similar poems; I myself have written poems and stories that readers would think were creepy if I were ever arrested/suspected of a horrible crime

I really want to find this Joaquin person though - who's Joaquin?!?

Yes, I have to reiterate that it is not confirmed that this is her BF. What made me think so was the initial of her BF according to her M.S. screen name and the fact that he is on her facebook. None of the very few other "J" names seemed to fit, either too old or live out of area. Then when my friend spoke to the local PD about him they didn't exactly confirm it but were very interested when she told them the poetry was disturbing and seemed to be centered on rage and jealousy. She suggested that Mackenzie was between relationships and they said "Oh, do you know about Joaquin?". She was like "HUH?"

Do any of you know if the friends you communicate with the most on F.B. appear more often than other friends in the top 5 or 10 profiles that are shown to visitors (the ones that are actually pictured on the profile)? Because when I found her F.B. every time I refreshed 9/10 times he was in the top friends pictured.

I am halfway tempted to call my best friend's 16 YO daughter and ask her to find out in a roundabout way.

ETA- We know for sure that her BF is 17 and is a Wenatchee resident as per comments in the article. Of course this whole Joaquin thing muddies the water significantly.

I did a quick search for "Joaquin" at MS with filters set to "male" and "50 miles" within Wenatchee.

Several came up in Wenatchee -- one is 21 yrs old and "sad" status; one is 35 yrs old.

3 came up in Quincy -- 2 16 yr olds and 1 18 yr old. Some had not been accessed in quite a while.

There are "Joaquins" in Wenatchee, just no connection to Mackenzie.

Where is it that this name keeps appearing? (besides Girlfawkes friend's talk with LE)

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this message board. I think I'm not the only one obsessed!:crazy:

This article has been updated today at 9:27 PM

Neighbors say the riverside property where the girl's body was found has been vacant for months. But they noticed some strange changes to the yard Saturday morning, the same day her body was found.

Gary and Judy Ovenell's home overlooks the crime scene along the Columbia River.
"Saturday morning Gary said, 'Look at the brodie marks down there. That's really unusual,'" said Judy Ovenell.

Although the property has been vacant, they say they noticed new tire tracks there Saturday morning.

"There was something I just grabbed onto, focused on it, because it was so strange, 'cause that place, anybody hadn't been to for so long," said Gary Ovenell.
Around noon the same day, a young female's body was found along the shore with her feet in the water. - snipped

http://www.king5.com/news/local/No-suspect-in-slaying-of-girl-at-Crescent-Bar-84393312.html

Well, even if this kid has nothing to do with the case, he really needs to speak with a Counselor. I've known some people who have written dark poetry, but it wasn't a running gig with them, and most of it was metaphoric imagery that could be very easily taken the wrong way.

This kids stuff, though... I don't really see much metaphor there, instead raw emotions.

I did a quick search for "Joaquin" at MS with filters set to "male" and "50 miles" within Wenatchee.

Several came up in Wenatchee -- one is 21 yrs old and "sad" status; one is 35 yrs old.

3 came up in Quincy -- 2 16 yr olds and 1 18 yr old. Some had not been accessed in quite a while.

There are "Joaquins" in Wenatchee, just no connection to Mackenzie.

Where is it that this name keeps appearing? (besides Girlfawkes friend's talk with LE)

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this message board. I think I'm not the only one obsessed!:crazy:

Idaho mentioned that this name also cropped up for her, but didn't elaborate.

Neighbors say the riverside property where the girl's body was found has been vacant for months. But they noticed some strange changes to the yard Saturday morning, the same day her body was found.

Gary and Judy Ovenell's home overlooks the crime scene along the Columbia River.
"Saturday morning Gary said, 'Look at the brodie marks down there. That's really unusual,'" said Judy Ovenell.

Although the property has been vacant, they say they noticed new tire tracks there Saturday morning.

"There was something I just grabbed onto, focused on it, because it was so strange, 'cause that place, anybody hadn't been to for so long," said Gary Ovenell.
Around noon the same day, a young female's body was found along the shore with her feet in the water. - snipped

http://www.king5.com/news/local/No-suspect-in-slaying-of-girl-at-Crescent-Bar-84393312.html

You make the best, most quick finds, boon. Thank you.

Did you guys notice THIS?

"Investigators have found evidence of homicide at the scene and inside the vacant home."

Yes, I have to reiterate that it is not confirmed that this is her BF. What made me think so was the initial of her BF according to her M.S. screen name and the fact that he is on her facebook. None of the very few other "J" names seemed to fit, either too old or live out of area. Then when my friend spoke to the local PD about him they didn't exactly confirm it but were very interested when she told them the poetry was disturbing and seemed to be centered on rage and jealousy. She suggested that Mackenzie was between relationships and they said "Oh, do you know about Joaquin?". She was like "HUH?"

Do any of you know if the friends you communicate with the most on F.B. appear more often than other friends in the top 5 or 10 profiles that are shown to visitors (the ones that are actually pictured on the profile)? Because when I found her F.B. every time I refreshed 9/10 times he was in the top friends pictured.

I am halfway tempted to call my best friend's 16 YO daughter and ask her to find out in a roundabout way.

ETA- We know for sure that her BF is 17 and is a Wenatchee resident as per comments in the article. Of course this whole Joaquin thing muddies the water significantly.

[bbm] definately not - it seems to be completely random
I'm on mine right now & keep refreshing to see if there's any pattern to it at all and there doesn't seem to be one
people show who are family, friends, total strangers (yes, I have strangers on my fb for games lol) and organizations

ETA: let me add that there probably is a pattern b/c it does show the same people a lot but they're certainly not people I communicate regularly with so I'm thinking maybe each time I log in, the app. randomly chooses a few people to feature? idk, just a thought ...

I don't have FB and refuse to get one, so I can't search there. I'm old-fashioned in that I like my privacy. This is only the second message board that I've ever registered for or written to. And, yes, I still write checks at the grocery store, instead of using a debit card.

I'm always fussing at my teen about being careful what she puts out there because once it's out there, it's out there. She can't take it back.

I'm wondering if anyone knows about the laws concerning what someone can or cannot post about what is out there in the public internet domain? For example, if someone uploads their writing to a website for the public to see and comment on, can a person be held liable for sharing their opinion on these writings?

This doesn't really have anything to do with this case, per se. Just wondering.

Also, would someone be so kind as to tell me the difference between "Post Reply' and "Quick Reply?" Thanks.

Oh, something I just thought of. There are a huge amount of ORV trails around the area of the Bar. Any of you locals will know what I'm talking about when I mention the huge sand berms to either side of the highway right before you pull into the Bar (the area with the windsock). I see riders up there all the time and the weather has been great for ORV's. You can probably ride right down the dunes and hills and onto private property really easily. So brodie marks may not be related to the crime. Could just be some teens screwing around. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!