WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe someone said earlier that there was an orchard nearby and maybe some of the workers may have seen something. On the flipside of that these workers would also know that house was vacant and that no one came by often because they would see the comings and goings as they were working. This could also tie into the gang theory because mostl of the gangs and the workers are of the same race.

If Arriz does stick around, I'd like to ask him if he can tell us the boyfriend's age and initials. That would be nice, since it's been so controversial.

And Arriz, Trica aka "Mom" doesn't bite. Really!

I believe someone said earlier that there was an orchard nearby and maybe some of the workers may have seen something. On the flipside of that these workers would also know that house was vacant and that no one came by often because they would see the comings and goings as they were working. This could also tie into the gang theory because mostl of the gangs and the workers are of the same race.

Well, the orchard work is highly seasonal. Depending on what the fruit is, there are specific tasks that will be performed at different times of year. The rest of the time there may be no one in the orchard but the trees for weeks at a time, especially in winter. I think pruning season is almost over which takes place this time of year, but depending on the size of the orchard may just take a few days. Although we are having a very early spring, there wouldn't be any mowing or spraying or anything of that nature going on.

Well, the orchard work is highly seasonal. Depending on what the fruit is, there are specific tasks that will be performed at different times of year. The rest of the time there may be no one in the orchard but the trees for weeks at a time, especially in winter. I think pruning season is almost over which takes place this time of year, but depending on the size of the orchard may just take a few days. Although we are having a very early spring, there wouldn't be any mowing or spraying or anything of that nature going on.

I've seen very small bands of workers in the area doing pruning the last few weeks. Most of them were in the orchards a few miles up the road near Palisades and the Columbia River Siding junction. Very few number of people. This property is not immediately adjacent to any orchards, the land in this area is all homes and resort properties.

The orchard is on the other side of the gold course, it is not close considering the size of Crescent Bar. If you look on Google Map, the orchards are on the other side of the golf course. I am not saying that I know some who worked at the orchard may or may not be involved; however, I know orchards and this orchardist takes care of it; I would find it highly unlikely that someone who would be pruning for him would be involved, but you never know. My main point was that people are using the road constantly, whether going to work or driving to town, and any activity at the house would most likely be noticed. There is only one way in and out and you have to drive by the house.

Welcome back, Arriz. That sounds like a plan. I hope you get the 'go ahead' from Tricia (she's the owner and she's super!) soon!

I'm truly sorry about the loss of your friend, Mackenzie. It's so tragic. Yet a reminder to try to live each day to the fullest.

I can't even imagine how her Mom, Dad and brothers must be coping. Rough days, no doubt. :(

King 5 News out of Seattle announced that the Surveillance Video will be released in the morning.

Jimmy

Hey, welcome back to you too, Jimmy. You seem to be very knowledgeable about the area and it's great to have you here!

I'm glad you did, too. :)

I guess I wont say anything else till I get some more legit permission from the admin.

Ill lurk though, and go ahead and ask away. If I get the Ok ill quote posts and answer things to the best of my knowledge

Hi ArrizX.....yes please stay and get the ok......its really good to have locals input as of course they can give us info that is not in the press and of course the rumors that are going around.....

by the way you asked before if people on the forum are locals....I actually live in Australia.....

I have been coming to this site for aboutr 4 months as I became interested in the Morgan Harrington case and googled her name....

I find this site fascinating on what people find out......and just about the cirucumstances of this real life stuff......as they say fact is stranger than fiction.....

i also come from a police family so from a young age have been involved with real life goings on....(my dad was a country cop and we had a jail in our backyard.......boy can my father tell a few stories..)

anyhow I hope they catch this person/persons soon.......very awful and I hope that last rumor re gang retaliation is not true.

Welcome to all NEW posters :)

A few thoughts re: late last night's (some close to early am here) posts:

I see you found out it's absolutely TRUE the house was originally listed as BANK OWNED & I did C&P it from the listing (IIRC) the day she was found..The Super Sleuths here (but of course) did their thing. Bravo!

I won't quote this whole post (for obvious reasons) but I think this part is ok?

the poems that are posted on this page you guys keep referencing is the same exact one that his fiance found in a notebook filled with evil and twisted poems.

I suppose it's possible the fiance took them from J & put them in his own notebook..IOW..They are not the same person if this other one really does exist..I'm not so sure about that..No offense to poster, just being honest.

The orchard angle is interesting & didn't realize the house is the very "first" on the road..I assumed it was the last one.

What exact time does it get dark there again?

The few dif scenarios of how she was killed/found reeks of RUMOR to me & like the poster said we'll know when the autopsy results are eventually revealed.

It would truly suck if she truly was murdered over something her boyfriend did to piss off certain (gang?) ppl.

King 5 News out of Seattle announced that the Surveillance Video will be released in the morning.

Jimmy

If they are releasing the video, then LE still has a lot of questions and probably does not have a solid perp. I'm a tad disappointed because I thought for sure they knew who did this. Now, I'm not so sure. :(

Salem

PS - James do you know if anyone else reported activity at the house? It seems strange to me that Mackenzie went missing on Tues., neighbor sees "brody" marks Sat. morn. at that house and then Mackenzie is found a few hours later. Maybe brody marks are not something a person would pay attention to, if they didn't live in the immediate area?

What are brody marks? Sorry for asking. I know it's already been asked but I didn't see the answer. TIA!

@Indianagirl,

Brody marks are like tire/skid marks in the grass/on the ground

What are brody marks? Sorry for asking. I know it's already been asked but I didn't see the answer. TIA!

LOL....I am still amazed at this term, as I have honestly NEVER seen it used before or heard it used in any part of the country. Apparently, it is just what we here in the middle of the country call ruts, or simply tire tracks. I even looked it up in the dictionary and thesaurus to see what I could find.
jmoo

Ted Bundy- Real name is Ted COWELL...........he changed his name as a child...wikpedia.com

If they are releasing the video, then LE still has a lot of questions and probably does not have a solid perp. I'm a tad disappointed because I thought for sure they knew who did this. Now, I'm not so sure. :(

Salem

PS - James do you know if anyone else reported activity at the house? It seems strange to me that Mackenzie went missing on Tues., neighbor sees "brody" marks Sat. morn. at that house and then Mackenzie is found a few hours later. Maybe brody marks are not something a person would pay attention to, if they didn't live in the immediate area?

To the best of my knoweldge no one has reported any activity at the house to the media.

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member