WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if it was him....but looked like a smaller stature tile installer I know of. Slim...didn't seem too big in the side window of the truck...not broad shouldered, or anything like that. Not attractive in my realm. He seemed a little "Jeff Foxworthy-ish", although not as full of a mustache. Again...not even sure it's the right guy.

Hmmm...thanks for that description. It sounds similar to what someone else said earlier today.

Miss Maple or lbpom63, can you please tell us if this is what JF looks like? TIA

Puf, I LOVE you! I got thrown by the Sonny Bono Spouse +June vs. the same name as the comedian comment. Found what I needed.
And I agree that JF may not be who we are looking for. I personally do believe it is a crime of revenge/rage stemming from a love triangle type of thing. Can't wait for more enlightenment.

LOL. Glad you found it!

I don't believe she was only 30 yards from the house. Although, I do not believe the AP reporter simply made up the number.

I believe an LE spokesman gave the AP that distances as an approximation where the body was located. But the difference between 30 yards and over 60+ yards to river water is rather large. Was the approximation really that far off? Or was the body farther up, hidden towards the top or middle of the heavy brush? A guess of 30 yards would at least be in the general vicinity of a correct answer then.

. . . . RESPECTFULLY OMITTED . . . .

The position and location of the body is only speculation and assumption. The only "fact" we've been given about this subject is that the feet were in the "water."

In order to believe that MC was 30 yards from the house, we must assume LE's statement that MC's feet were in the "water" was false. For there is no water within 30 yards of the house.

I know other media reports stated that MC's body was 50 or 60 yards from the house. Don't tell me we have yet another situation in which the media has mis-reported or gotten the facts incorrect?

Anyone who has dealt with the media firsthand on enough occasions will confirm that the media often times mis-reports the facts. They do it alot.

So, I don't believe MC's body was 30 yards from the house.

In order to believe that MC was 30 yards from the house, we must assume LE's statement that MC's feet were in the "water" was false. For there is no water within 30 yards of the house.

I know other media reports stated that MC's body was 50 or 60 yards from the house. Don't tell me we have yet another situation in which the media has mis-reported or gotten the facts incorrect?

Anyone who has dealt with the media firsthand on enough occasions will confirm that the media often times mis-reports the facts. They do it alot.

Del, I'm confused?? :waitasec:.....

I thought you were very confident in determining where her body was placed? Now you are second guessing things? Oh boy.

I am sorry to be so vague but I guess I can't add much more. I know some LE in the valley and those in the know are very tight-lipped about this case - not that they would divulge anything to me either... In fact, I would be a jerk to ask. I would not want to put them in a position that would compromise the investigation and their personal integrity.

Regardless of what some of you think of our LE folks, they are very committed and passionate about this case and they are working hard to catch the killer.

My earlier post about the rumor validation was simply my interpretation... either way, I believe the rumor that someone lawyered up and failed (more than one) polygraph is true. I guess we'll see how valid it is when this case is solved...soon I hope. :)

How do you know that was bogus??? I know different...

I asked someone very close to the case a few weeks ago when the rumor was hot.. and they simply validated it for me.

They were not leaking information.. I asked a question and received an answer that confirmed that the rumor was not simply a rumor. There is nothing more to it, other than I am confident what was said. The person did not, nor did I ask, about anything more about the case. It would be too foolish of me to think that this person would say anything more...

How or why do you think it is bogus?

So, you spoke with JF's attorney . . . . .

Del, I'm confused?? :waitasec:.....

I thought you were very confident in determining where her body was placed? Now you are second guessing things? Oh boy.

I am?

To be clear, I'm not backing off from my educated SPECULATION that MC's body was found between the duck blind and the stream. I'm still very confident that's where her body was found.

The info I have regarding MC's feet being in the "water" was obtained from media reports as well as reports from person(s) with firsthand knowledge.

I must agree with pufnstuf in regards to JF. I haven't heard or come across anything specific or concrete pointing to JF as the murderer or an accomplice after-the-fact. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the only circumstance that we know which might possibly suggest JF had some involvement in MC's death is merely his "association" with WC. That innocuous circumstance is weak. . . . very weak.

I am curious about an early rumor I heard. MC, although dating JV, got together with another guy. He has a girlfriend. She finds out. She is furious. The other guy is furious. The reason? When there is unprotected activity, there are consequences. That's all I'm sayin' on that rumor. The only reason I even throw it out there, is because THAT could be the source of the rage! It seems like it was such revenge.
So this is my hypothetical scenario. Other guy plans meet up with MC at boat dock. They are friends, she is not afraid. She transports him...(possible boat dock, possible car wash, possible Target.)

They go to location # 2 - Spec. house, possibly, where they got together? or CB? Girlfriend meets up at that point. One of them knocks MC on the head, she is now prisoner, bound, and restrained. Boy drives car to PC while girlfriend follows for pick up. IF CB is the crime scene as alluded to in the recently re-posted by Liz news reports, then MC may have been held there for a time. After the car is dumped, the couple now has all the time they want to yell and rage, and confront MC over the love triangle. They finish off what they started out in the yard. THIS IS TOTAL SPECULATION from a rumor. Did anyone else hear about this "other guy & girl" scenario?

I am curious about an early rumor I heard. MC, although dating JV, got together with another guy. He has a girlfriend. She finds out. She is furious. The other guy is furious. The reason? When there is unprotected activity, there are consequences. That's all I'm sayin' on that rumor. The only reason I even throw it out there, is because THAT could be the source of the rage! It seems like it was such revenge.
So this is my hypothetical scenario. Other guy plans meet up with MC at boat dock. They are friends, she is not afraid. She transports him...(possible boat dock, possible car wash, possible Target.)

They go to location # 2 - Spec. house, possibly, where they got together? or CB? Girlfriend meets up at that point. One of them knocks MC on the head, she is now prisoner, bound, and restrained. Boy drives car to PC while girlfriend follows for pick up. IF CB is the crime scene as alluded to in the recently re-posted by Liz news reports, then MC may have been held there for a time. After the car is dumped, the couple now has all the time they want to yell and rage, and confront MC over the love triangle. They finish off what they started out in the yard. THIS IS TOTAL SPECULATION from a rumor. Did anyone else hear about this "other guy & girl" scenario?

Playing along: then why the missing gas card and credit card?

On 2/9 was it possible for a truck to continue driving up PC into the back roads, and exit somewhere else like I-90 or elsewhere?

Playing along: then why the missing gas card and credit card?

The fact that the credit/debit card and gas card were not in MC's wallet would lead me to believe that after the Hair Academy she possibly planned at some point to get her favorite coffee, and possibly needed gas. I am very curious to know how full her tank was when the car was discovered? On fumes, and she never got gas? Totally full, and she DID get gas? When I do errands like that, I do take my credit cards out of my wallet, and put them in my pocket. The question is, were the cards on MC's person when she was discovered? Are they still missing? I don't believe we have that information. Only the fact that when MC was missing as well, that her purse was in the car, with the gas and ATM card missing. Correct me if I am wrong.

The fact that the credit/debit card and gas card were not in MC's wallet would lead me to believe that after the Hair Academy she possibly planned at some point to get her favorite coffee, and possibly needed gas. I am very curious to know how full her tank was when the car was discovered? On fumes, and she never got gas? Totally full, and she DID get gas? When I do errands like that, I do take my credit cards out of my wallet, and put them in my pocket. The question is, were the cards on MC's person when she was discovered? Are they still missing? I don't believe we have that information. Only the fact that when MC was missing as well, that her purse was in the car, with the gas and ATM card missing. Correct me if I am wrong.

You're right the cards could have been with her when she was found, but LE is saying nothing other than COD about that.

You're right the cards could have been with her when she was found, but LE is saying nothing other than COD about that.

Right...so there are just a few options: A-They were found on MC's person. B-They were destroyed by perps. (possibly along with the cell phone) C-Used by perps. and still in their possession. D-Kept as a "trophy" by perps. Did we ever find out any more information about the mysterious suitcase of clothing found burned out in the woods? Wonder if there is a connection, and someone was trying to destroy evidence?

I was thinking about this same photo last night. I SPECULATE that, based upon the pink fluorescent LE marker paint beginning so far up the driveway (i.e., so far away from the river), the perps may have been hauling a trailer.

I expect a vehicle with trailer would be very conspicuous parked in the driveway of an unoccupied house, even for a house slightly obscured from view from the road.

Why would there have to be a trailer? Would parking only a car 'so far up the driveway' be unusual? There is a stairway near to that point (flourescent marking at driveway) but if someone was transporting something large or unwieldly they might not use the stairway. The easiest point of passage is where the driveway meets the grass where there isn't a such a steep descent, and that's a short distance to the left of the stairway (pic perspective).

Something else to consider: would the driver have backed-in a vehicle / trailer from the roadway or would the driver have driven straight in and u-turned in the driveway?

I'm wondering ... is there an eyewitness to more of what occurred at the CB property? What hasn't been released to the public? The interviewed (tv) neighbor indicated unusual tracks on the property.

What tracks, where? The brodies in the grass on the lower plain closer to the river? If he was referring to those then his information seems insignificant to the immediate crime. The brodies appear to have been goughed by a two-wheeled vehicle, and appear to have been there for longer than the crime timeframe.

We might safely conclude MC was not transported to the property a two-wheeled vehicle but that doesn't mean a cyclist didn't accompany someone driving a four-wheeled vehicle ... still, I'd say that is unlikely.

Right...so there are just a few options: A-They were found on MC's person. B-They were destroyed by perps. (possibly along with the cell phone) C-Used by perps. and still in their possession. D-Kept as a "trophy" by perps. Did we ever find out any more information about the mysterious suitcase of clothing found burned out in the woods? Wonder if there is a connection, and someone was trying to destroy evidence?

IMO it is not related, unless 1) LE gave us misinformation about the final crime scene and autopsy, or 2) that and MC were part of a gang spree.

I'm more hung up on the car up PC. Why all that trouble? IMO they either continued to drive a second vehicle up and out of PC somewhere else (with MC), meaning it was the beginning of her troubles, or, a perp arrived there with her car alone, and walked home close by, meaning it was the end of her trouble.

That's exactly what I SPECULATE. A landscaping trailer would probably attract less attention than any other type of trailer since they are rather common around here.

I hadn't thought of such a trailer! I wish I had read these posts previously.

Now .. would it have been a professional landscaper vehicle? I wouldn't expect that, since a professional vehicle might have the company / owner's name sign-painted on the side. They would have to be non-descript vehicles, no markings.

Rental? Borrowed? Owned?

hotmadre, I've never heard it as a rumor (your post #708), but I've run that scenario through my mind many times. But for whatever reason, I just don't feel that is what happened here. Of course I could be dead wrong.

I have a hunch that arrests will be made fairly soon. So, for the record, I wanted to post my most recent THEORY.

All events described herein take place on February 9, 2010:

3:01 p.m.—MC drove her car out of the Hair Academy parking lot.

3:25 to 3:45 p.m.—MC was at the River Front boat launch to clear her mind and think. At 3:42 p.m., MC and her boyfriend (JV) exchanged text messages, to-wit: “Hey.”

3:45 p.m.—MC left the boat launch and drives to WC’s house in Eagle Rock.

3:55 p.m.—MC arrived at WC’s house and goes inside. MC and WC have a “talk.” MC informed WC that she wants to live solely with RC, and that, as soon as she turns 18 y.o. (April 1), she will be doing so. MC also told WC that MC and RC’s fiancée are becoming very close.

4:03 p.m.—WC became so enraged and hurt by MC’s plans and MC’s growing relationship with RC’s fiancée that she physically lashed out at MC. Initially, WC probably struck MC with her bare fists, but then grabbed some sort of “baseball bat-like” object and struck MC in the head with it at least two times. The blunt object breaks, but not before MC is substantially dazed. MC falls to the floor. Because the blunt object, by definition, is not sharp but dull, it causes little if any external bleeding. Instead, it causes at least one significant subdural hematoma (bleeding between the skull and brain). WC, therefore, got on top of MC and manually strangles her. MC still seemed to be alive, so WC grabbed a kitchen knife from its holder on the kitchen counter and stabbed MC one time in the neck.

4:05 p.m.—Time of death.

WC contacted JF** and talked him into helping her clean up and dispose of MC’s body. WC and JF cleaned up the blood and other mess caused by the “homicidal violence.” They then paused for approximately one hour to consider their options and formulate a plan.

They disposed of the bloody kitchen knife, the blunt object, bloody towels, and etc. at a discreet location in or about the spec house. They grabbed a tarp, plastic sheeting, or spare roll of carpet from the spec house and brought it back to WC’s house.

WC and JF wrapped MC’s body up in the tarp, plastic sheeting, and/or carpet. They placed MC’s wrapped body in JF’s work trailer (probably while parked in the garage).

WC and JF decided to dispose of MC’s body at CB. So, WC and JF ditched MC’s car at the end of PC Road because that location is somewhat on the way to CB. WC drove MC’s car, while JF followed her. They parked MC’s car on PC Road at about 6:30 p.m.

WC and JF then drive to CB. They arrive at about 7:15 p.m.

MC’s wrapped body is placed into a wheel-barrow and transported to the middle of the “brushy-area.” MC’s body is dumped on the ground and the tarp, plastic sheeting or carpet is unrolled. JF attempts to dismember MC’s body but quickly finds he doesn’t have the stomach for it.

“Thinking on the fly,” WC and JF determine to return another day with a boat and dispose of MC’s body somewhere down river. Therefore, MC's body is carried or dragged to the duck blind area and placed in the brush near the stream. They possibly picked this spot because the stream makes a good landmark for a boat. They placed some loose brush and other vegetation on top of MC.

They take the tarp, plastic sheeting, or carpet with them when they leave because they fear it could be traced back to one or both of them.

They return to WC’s house in Eagle Rock no later than 8:30 p.m.

WC and JF were unable to follow through on their plan to transport MC’s body further down river via boat because the level of the river remained too low to launch a boat. LE may also have been keeping a close eye on them during the next several days.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE that the foregoing is SPECULATION.

** I name JF as WC’s accomplice after-the-fact with a great deal of reluctance. The only reason I do so is simply because I don’t believe WC disposed of MC’s body on her own and I am not aware of anyone in WC’s life except JF. In short, I have no direct or indirect evidence indicative of JF’s involvement other than his mere association with WC.

I had posted something similar awhile back... that the severity of the attack reminded me of the Adrianne Jones murder. That was indeed a love triangle. Would also explain the absence of a sexual assault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Zamora

If this is what it is, then whenever two or more people know about a crime like this, someone effs up and eventually squeals.

Oh well... we probably won't ever get a photo of JF, so I whipped this out a second ago. You locals feel free to print it out and use it for your recon.

52243196.jpg

Hope everyone knows that my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek right now.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member