WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
del what is that grass picture you have on your profile? I haven't seen that one before. I clicked on your river picture because I thought it would enlarge (nice picture!) and the grass one came up instead. TIA.

And to add that MC was purported to be near/at the Riverfront Park boat ramp at around 3:40 PM, and the time frame gets even more filled in.

Sorry, can someone please tell me which was "confirmed"-

That MC was at the boat launch at 3:40
or
That her PHONE was at the boat launch at 3:40??

I thought I read that a phone will still ping even if it is turned off as long as the battery is still in. Also, didn't dogdad or someone say it is impossible to positively identify a text/call as being received/placed at an exact location? (i.e., boat launch).

This is what LE has shared with us so far regarding MC's phone and activity. The following is snipped from puf's timeline:

"3:40 PM - Mackenzie's phone data indicate that her phone is at/near the Riverfront Park boat ramp. While there, the phone receives an incoming text ("hey") and replies with the same message ("hey").

5:42 PM - A cell tower bounces a signal off of MacKenzie's phone. This is the final activity on McKenzie's phone. Location has not been released by investigators."

In one of the later WW articles, LE stated while yes they can only prove technically that her phone was there (boat ramp), they are working on the assumption that she was there with her phone.

I remember the discussion about the car, it just looked like a 2 door to me. But I am no expert on identification of cars so I believe you.

There was a rather cryptic post awhile back in one of the last few threads by someone who, based on the statements they made in the post, led me to believe they were family, but only said what a person would do if they were family, and then proceeded to do just that in the post. They discussed the difficulty of DNA when it could be familial. It was a long those lines.

Based on the demeanor and body language of a certain individual at the memorial, I have questioned whether they could be the perp or be involved.

I dont remember the post can you eloborate please??

I remember the discussion about the car, it just looked like a 2 door to me. But I am no expert on identification of cars so I believe you.

There was a rather cryptic post awhile back in one of the last few threads by someone who, based on the statements they made in the post, led me to believe they were family, but only said what a person would do if they were family, and then proceeded to do just that in the post. They discussed the difficulty of DNA when it could be familial. It was a long those lines.

Based on the demeanor and body language of a certain individual at the memorial, I have questioned whether they could be the perp or be involved.

Your post is very interesting.

Let me know if anyone else has questions for him. I'll ask anything within reason because I know he is glad to help us if we can in any way help to find her killer.

I am curious as to to comments on here previously, that MC seemed happier the last few weeks. Does he have an opionion on that, if yes, does he know why?
Like always, several pages back.... but for Del R. I spoke with a young man several weeks ago that said he has been questioned and polyed.... Stated LE asked something about a duck blind but they used the word "tent" material. Does that ring a bell to possible material that you may have used or seen? Thanks

I seem to remeber early articles (before she was found) citing a 2:15 text to her bf as the last she was heard from. Anyone else remembering that?

I think that i have read and seen most everything on this case and I dont recall ever seeing that anywhere, do you think that you saw or heard this on the ww or one of the early broadcasts? Melissa stated the time as 2:45 not 2:15.

Gah... It is striking me as write-up in the Chelan Mirror for some reason. Memory fails. I just remember hearing the 3:40 info and thinking I'd read it was about an hour earlier. (I'd meant to say 2:45 above but couldn't edit from my Blackberry.)

Could just be my imagination. No More set me straight.

I don't believe I've heard much speculation about the possible use of a "date-rape drug" or some such pharmeceutical. That might be a way to subdue/control an otherwise strong, active person who under normal circumstances would be capable of putting up quite a fight. We don't have a time of death, and the known facts, when mixed with guesses to link them, can create some imagined timeline scenarios that are somewhat tight if we assume her death occurred before the abandonment of her car up PC.

The use of drugs to subdue might also have resulted in less physical evidence of a struggle being left on the person of the perp(s) to be observed later on, as well as the reduced likelihood of DNA evidence being found underneath the victim's fingernails, etc. I would hope that if drugs were used in the comission of this crime, that their effects dulled down MC's perceptions to the point that she was less fully aware and conscious of what was going on.

Wow, the nitty gritty of the death is so hard for me to fathom, although in IMHO, from the LE comment, that I recollect, the horror was pretty quick. I beleive that she was less fully aware and conscious from a blow to the head first? JMO

The spraypaint on grass photo at the CB house has bothered me. I wonder, was there such paint missing from the house? Also, if not from the house, I was thinking , what sort of person carries paint like that with them? It's the wrong color for gang tagging, but, on the green grass and shurbbery, the light color paint showed fairly well. was the painting an afterthought?.All I can think of a person who would probably routinely have that kind of light paint is the underground utilities locator person,That locating is required, I think, before any digging,

So here's a little more info on the text thing:

The last time JV heard from MC the day of her disappearance was 2:45 and that was when she texted "hey."

He was at work still so when he got off, he texted her back "hey, wassup" at around 4:15. This is when he got it sent back saying it wasn't received, or however that message words it. I have Verizon too and I've had this kind of thing happen once in awhile if I was in an area with no service & the message wouldn't go out, or if the person I was texting was in a no-service area.

He said he tried calling her multiple times after that and it went straight to voicemail, which made him think the phone was turned off.

Okay- I'm quoting my own post here just so everyone can see it again. This is what JV told me. I didn't ask him to explain why it didn't match to what LE said. I'm not investigating him here and a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

This is what he said. Take it or leave it. He has no reason to lie, has nothing to hide and wants her killer found.

LE also wants her killer found but they may stretch the truth while they are still in their investigation, IMO.

I'm honestly a little overwhelmed right now and think I need a break... :headache:

Re: the cell phone - I think I need an expert to answer, or dogdad??

(based upon the info-jv sent his text and it wasn't "sent" per se):

1. what would happen if the phone was in a "dead" or out of service area (as it is when driving along I-28 from Wenatchee to CB) and he sent a text to MC? would it stay in limbo or would it be "rejected" back to JV:

2. what would happen if the cell phone's battery was dead? (dogdad? indicated that when trying to "ping" a far away cell tower it dies down the battery faster);

3. what would happen if the phone was submerged in water?

From theBeauty school parking lot video, I thought, the first time I saw it, that when Mac first straightens out her car, after backing out of the parking spot, as she begins to drive off, it looked as if there was a dark area on the right rear window-probably my bad eyes. , Also, I noticed today, for the first time while driving past the parking lot, there is a stairway going from the sidewalk, on Mission St., into the parking lot. It would come out under the cameras, but out of their view,I think, as the person would be up against the building.
If someone used those stairs, they would be next to Mac's car as she went around the curve to head for the exit. Could someone have entered the car there? Hum.....dk

Okay- I'm quoting my own post here just so everyone can see it again. This is what JV told me. I didn't ask him to explain why it didn't match to what LE said. I'm not investigating him here and a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

This is what he said. Take it or leave it. He has no reason to lie, has nothing to hide and wants her killer found.

LE also wants her killer found but they may stretch the truth while they are still in their investigation, IMO.

I'm honestly a little overwhelmed right now and think I need a break... :headache:

we ALL appreciate what you are doing. ALL of us. Take a break (and some advil) and keep up the awesome work!

:blowkiss:

Wow, the nitty gritty of the death is so hard for me to fathom, although in IMHO, from the LE comment, that I recollect, the horror was pretty quick. I beleive that she was less fully aware and conscious from a blow to the head first? JMO

Yes, I am remembering things as you are, except that I am not recalling that we know anything about the order in which the three types of violence that led to her death were delivered.

If there was any drugging done to MC, I don't know if toxicology could pinpoint a time of administration after four days (seems kinda unlikely), but I wondered if it was something like that led LE to comment as you indicated.

So here's a little more info on the text thing:

The last time JV heard from MC the day of her disappearance was 2:45 and that was when she texted "hey."

He was at work still so when he got off, he texted her back "hey, wassup" at around 4:15. This is when he got it sent back saying it wasn't received, or however that message words it. I have Verizon too and I've had this kind of thing happen once in awhile if I was in an area with no service & the message wouldn't go out, or if the person I was texting was in a no-service area.

He said he tried calling her multiple times after that and it went straight to voicemail, which made him think the phone was turned off.

Ok, so lets say she may have been seen at car wash at 4:00 and then unable to receive a call at 4:15? Was she alone??.... At her age, I would think she would be receiving and sending texts very often... This is sooo bizarre?? Just thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd