WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In many rural parts the county Sheriff is also the coroner...

I do not consider this town rural..? Is it also the norm for a prossecuter to also be court appointed attorney? Sorry still back a few pages.

Possibilities in order:

1) JF
2) Someone intimate with Mackenzie that we've yet to know about.
3) SK
4) Diane Zamora type situation

The thing that has always bothered me about 2 people being involved... I have some amazing and I mean amazing life long friends. I couldn't fathom a way to get them to help, I mean, how do you go about getting someone to do this with you? How does it come up in conversation? I would also think they would want to act alone. If only one person knows, they can control the house of bricks so to speak. Add someone else into the equation and the house crumbles easier, and you are dependent on someone else keeping quiet.

I guess that is what sets up apart from these creeps. I couldnt imagine ANYONE that would assist me in something like this - and I wouldnt help ANYONE either... not family, wife, or best friends. No one..
And since everyone is a loud mouth, you'd be caught in no time... hehe

Crazy..

21 members and 20 guests right now... Come on guests, register and join us!!

All are welcome!

Okay.. if you were to put $100,000 on a theory (right now), what would it be??? Just for fun...

I am going to stick with the very popular theory that our friend JF is responsible for MC's death. I too believe LE is waiting to solidify the case to ensure a rock-solid case against him. I do not have the Why or How figured just yet - but my money is on JF.

You turn...

BBM

I'm sorry, erok, but I don't see anything about this case as "just for fun."

There was a beautiful, young girl who should be celebrating her 18th birthday tomorrow, but because of some "monster," she won't have the opportunity.

I wish JF had an advocate on here. Everyone else we've talked about seems to have one or more people telling us how great those people are.

There have been people who know JF, but AFAIK, no one has stated anything good about him yet. Are there any guests reading that would like to register and do this? We'd love to hear from ya!

One of the main reasons I have suspected another person is that I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to move her body...Last year I had the experience of trying to lift a 130 pound dog who had died into the back of a truck, and with an incredibly strong man and myself we could hardly do it. But it is also very difficult to think that anyone could assist in this heinous crime.

BBM

I'm sorry, erok, but I don't see anything about this case as "just for fun."

There was a beautiful, young girl who should be celebrating her 18th birthday tomorrow, but because of some "monster," she won't have the opportunity.

Sorry.. I did not mean it that way.

I totally agree. There's simply scant, if any, info or evidence indicating JL is other than what he represents himself to be. And, there certainly isn't anything tying him to MC's murder.

I totally agree at this point, that he is not a POI, for murder. Althouth I do think he may be a POI for caring mothers??? Still catching up!

Respectfully snipped...
P.S. I have had a burning question for a while, but hesitated asking because it was based on SHEER rumor, but here it goes; IF MC was pregnant, could some of the "more difficult and time consuming" blood work be on a fetus? I have no idea what something like that would entail......Sorry if that is a graphic question for some people. I know it is hard for me to even ask it. And, did we establish that to be a far fetched rumor by the way? I think I'm getting all-timers!

Waiting for toxicology results could also take a long time. My brother's wife died suddenly a year ago and he found her and called 911. Anyway, they did the autopsy the next day but it took 2 months for the toxicology results to come back.

The thing that has always bothered me about 2 people being involved... I have some amazing and I mean amazing life long friends. I couldn't fathom a way to get them to help, I mean, how do you go about getting someone to do this with you? How does it come up in conversation? I would also think they would want to act alone. If only one person knows, they can control the house of bricks so to speak. Add someone else into the equation and the house crumbles easier, and you are dependent on someone else keeping quiet.

ITA.

I can see perhaps getting someone to assist after the fact if they were able to be blackmailed or paid, but IMO it would take time to put on enough pressure for anyone to do so, and from what we know of the timeline it is very tight.

If the help was based on a lie (oh, my friend's car broke down up the canyon, could you give me a ride home?) the helper would have sung like the fat lady almost immediately.

Money is a possibility? But money is tight and from what we know of the primaries they weren't exactly flush with cash at the time of her disappearance. (taxes, bankruptcy, spec house payments, ect). I can't imagine anyone doing such a thing on a future promise of money, I would think it would have to be firmly in hand.

I just don't see this involving more than one suspect. IMO.

One of the main reasons I have suspected another person is that I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to move her body...Last year I had the experience of trying to lift a 130 pound dog who had died into the back of a truck, and with an incredibly strong man and myself we could hardly do it. But it is also very difficult to think that anyone could assist in this heinous crime.

Unless her body wasn't moved, or wasn't moved far.

Hi all.

I'm not familiar w/ the case, but, did a quick read of the last 7 pages. Spent some time on the timeline post (much appreciated) and map.

Do we know what carrier Mackenzie's cell phone used?

These are just my thoughts, opinions, and speculation:

- JL, and his photos are disturbing. It's not *advertiser censored*, but there is absolutely something very wrong and sick about taking photos of 13 year old girls that way. Something is definitely up with JL, but I think that's a whole other story. He has nothing to do with this case, in my opinion. By the way, someone asked what he does at the hospital, and if he has access to the morgue. Well, he works in the kitchen. Or as he would say, he is a "Nutrition Tech". He would not have access to the morgue.

- The gang theory seems far-fetched to me. From what I know, and from the rumors I've heard here, there has not been a single piece of concrete evidence that would support the gang theory. The "gangs" here just don't fit the bill, and someone would have bragged about it long ago. As far as violent gangs from out of town goes, they would have sparked up way too much attention from local gangs for LE (and some of us) not to know by now. Also, if a gang wanted to "leave their mark", they would have done it some other way besides spray painting something on grass. And, yellow spray paint isn't exactly what gangs use. Yellow or other bright neon color spray paint is something utilities and LE would use for high visibility. I could go on and on, and I think there is much more solid evidence suggesting other theories.

- Sorry, don't remember the name of the person who found JF's photo, but well done! There are so many great sleuthers here, and I knew someone would find it sooner or later.

- The interview with the Sheriff was interesting. Without reading anyone else's thoughts on it, the first thing I said to myself was "WOW, sounds like they've definitely got a suspect (or at least a POI) in mind". Then I come to find out a lot of us felt the same way about the interview! It struck a chord in all of us for a reason, didn't it?

Of course, without any of the evidence LE has, we can't really rule anything out at this point. But personally, the theories involving JF and possibly WC seem like the most probable in my opinion.

Great job everyone, I truly appreciate every one of you :clap:

Hi all.

I'm not familiar w/ the case, but, did a quick read of the last 7 pages. Spent some time on the timeline post (much appreciated) and map.

Do we know what carrier Mackenzie's cell phone used?

Hey there, we were expecting you! She had Verizon.

Sorry I'm just getting this up on the thread. GO HERE to see what's been taking up my time recently. I miss you guys!

I've not added the most recent interview to the timeline... will do that shortly. Anything else that needs to be added, let me know!

MACKENZIE COWELL TIMELINE
Confirmed Info Only - No Rumors​

09 February 2010 (Tuesday):

3:01 PM - Mackenzie leaves the Academy of Hair Design where she works, gets in her car, and drives away. She is supposed to only be gone for a fifteen-minute break, according to flyers being posted at businesses in Wenatchee, but she never returns.
*snipped for space*

Is the 3:01 PM a typo? Embed in video indicates 3:30 PM. :waitasec:

Very much appreciate the timeline & map. Extremely helpful. :thumb:

To be honest Paul, I forget why we were discussing him at all? IIRC he was a FB friend of MC until suddenly he wasn't, he takes pics of girls of similar age but didn't take pics of MC, he has hosted lots of things since her death------but why was he spellunked so much on here?

Why?, was, is, anyone (see if I can spell it right?) speculated?? We are sluthing. Begging for an answer..

*snipped for space*

Is the 3:01 PM a typo? Embed in video indicates 3:30 PM. :waitasec:

Very much appreciate the timeline & map. Extremely helpful. :thumb:

Time was changed to 3:01 PM once LE realized there was a time difference (error) with the security camera.

ETA: I'm pretty positive on this, but does anyone know where it was stated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member