WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissa, A couple questions for JV... When the police were searching her car in and around, were they involving him in the conversation?Did he know what they were saying, asking him questions, etc? Did they bring in the dogs that night? Also, I know he mentioned it was strange for her to leave her purse in the car, but did he say ANYTHING else that was odd? Did the police notice what we would believe could be cause for concern? Did he say LE brought in a massive overhead light to give a good view in the dark? Did he gain ANY information or knowledge from the almost 4 hours with LE at the abandoned car that night?? Also, at what time was he called in for questioning? Did someone come and pick him up for questioning or call him to come in? Thank you thank you!

respectfully snipped.

She may, but is it possible that she said that just so that the media would leave her alone because she didn't want to talk?

I think that having an interview with JV is a great idea, if they could do it discreetly, you know? If they listed his name and/or picture, it might encourage people to hound him in public for more information. I would also be worried about them revealing too much and endangering his safety.

I also think about the fact that RC isn't talking. Do you think that a lot of MC's relatives know who did it, but are scared also? Think about it, if your loved one was brutally murdered and you knew the a-hole that did it, you would probably be scared for your own safety until this person was incarcerated. There has been talk of RC being angry at the memorial, so it would probably be too hard to even speak without blowing his lid.

I think RC has to know who did it, (or at the absolute minimum BELIEVE LE knows who did it). Otherwise, I don't see him, (or any father), remaining quiet for this long of a period. Personally, I wouldn't be scared about confronting my daughter's murder as I don't rely on LE for my safety, ever.

Ok, lets move on to some more questions that might help us shed some light on other plausible scenarios.

Does JV know if MC had a game loaded on her phone? Would she play it to kill time? Just wondering if she is the type to just sort of focus in on their phone (texting or whatever) and not be as observant as one should always be when in public? I've seen someone walking and texting stop while a crosswalk was blinking and then step out in front of traffic when it switched over to solid red "DON'T WALK" - luckily she wasn't killed.

Did MC have any training in simple defensive techniques? Good locations to punch an attacker, etc? What about grabbing the barrel of a handgun and bending it toward the attacker, thereby collapsing the suspect's wrist and causing the loss of control of the gun? Some of these things can be quite fun for a couple to practice together, like wrestling... sort of :) Plus, they are good practice for being able to keep your wits if something ever does happen to you.

Did she have any firearms experiences? If someone did threaten her with a weapon is she the type to go along? Lots of kids these days have been taught to fear guns, even when they see one sitting in a glass counter display. It really is quite irrational and the fear can make it very difficult to think straight when someone threatens them.

If she wasn't the type to be afraid or go along when threatened, and the killer new her enough to know this also, this may be another reason to suspect the blunt force head trauma came first, (attempting to cause a loss of concussions before she could fight back).

If killer knew she was extremely afraid of guns, threatening her with one might make her not think straight and drive the killer wherever he/she wanted to take her.

pic post #63, from right to left (facing us)
grampa?
WC
WC son
WC son GF
WC son
WC son GF
RC
RC fiance
JV

I may be completely wrong, but I thought I remembered people saying JF did not show up to the memorial.

Maybe Miss Maple can tell us who that guy is if it JF or not? It does not look like him to me.

Who witnessed MC and anyone with her at carwash?

Two different people have posted that MC was seen at the car wash with a passenger. However, neither poster has stated that he/she was the person who saw MC at the car wash.

Here is something I haven't mentioned before because I just didn't see how it could relate, but I guess there's nothing to be lost in throwing miscellaneous things out there for others to take a look at, too.

I was visiting with a Link driver (local city/area bus system) who told me that not too long after the discovery of MC's body, "our DD's were interviewed" by LE.

The driver was referring to a number of developmentally disabled persons who use the local transit system to get around town. I got the impression that this (rumored) "interviewing" took place outdoors at Columbia Station, but my impression is only based on a sort of sweeping hand gesture made by the driver.

I asked the driver if she was sure that LE was asking about the MC case. She said yes, that one of the developmentally disabled males had later said, either to her or within her earshot, something on the order of, "Why are they talking to us? Why aren't they talking to whoever did it?"

"It" could relate to anything, but the driver felt it was this case...next time I see her I'll ask her more.

A few days ago I was at the southend chevron station and I saw a car that looked identical to JV's. It was parked in the lot next to a white car that apeared to be broke down what struck me about it other than it looking like JV's car was that there was sherriffs car parked behind them so that niether one of them could leave without the sherriff moving his car but the sherriff was not around the guys helping with the car. I looked at them as long as I could without looking like a crazy person! I know roughly what JV looks like due to the memorial pic's and he was not among the three guys there nor was he in the store. The rims were different and it looked as though the snow tires were still on with the stock rims, the car was black with the same spoiler but the paint was not all that good. So, either his car doesnt look that nice in person or there IS another one in town IMO. I wondered why the sherriffs car was there without the sherriff??? Just thought I would put this out there...
this is JV's car

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2379248

Melissa, could you ask JV if he knows about this other car or could it have been his car at that chevron I think it was last thrusday, I swear it had the same spoiler on it, It was 2 hispanic guys and a white male all in their early 20's or late teens.

Alt.........I saw a picture of CC's (MC's brother) car. Georockgirl posted it but I think she took it down. She didn't want to leave it up since it was the family.
I believe CC just bought it not too long ago, and it is remarkably similar to JV's. Not black, tho. Kindof like a charcoal gray color. It's plausible that CC came over that night upon word of MC's disappearance and that he was at Shari's? IDK. Just speculation. Since he hasn't had it that long, JV might not have seen it.

CC (MC's brother) car is about a 1999 or newer Pontiac TransAm or Firebird in a dark, deep purple metallic color with a rear spoiler. It is a SIGNIFICANTLY different car from that of JV (MC's BF). CC has had this car for a while; perhaps 3+ years. Wondering if CC was even in Wenatchee at the moment when MC was discovered missing?

According to a news report video, WC did not want to comment to the media and said that she had been instructed not to discuss the case.

I think it's in the Factual Timeline. Linked to the video.

Key point "instructed not to discuss the case". JMHO :twocents:

Here is something I haven't mentioned before because I just didn't see how it could relate, but I guess there's nothing to be lost in throwing miscellaneous things out there for others to take a look at, too.

I was visiting with a Link driver (local city/area bus system) who told me that not too long after the discovery of MC's body, "our DD's were interviewed" by LE.

The driver was referring to a number of developmentally disabled persons who use the local transit system to get around town. I got the impression that this (rumored) "interviewing" took place outdoors at Columbia Station, but my impression is only based on a sort of sweeping hand gesture made by the driver.

I asked the driver if she was sure that LE was asking about the MC case. She said yes, that one of the developmentally disabled males had later said, either to her or within her earshot, something on the order of, "Why are they talking to us? Why aren't they talking to whoever did it?"

"It" could relate to anything, but the driver felt it was this case...next time I see her I'll ask her more.

Maybe the killer did jump on a Link bus after ditching the car at PC.. Also, I think it was stated earlier that JF did have a friend with the initials CC, but that person was determined to have been in prison at the time of the murder.

...snipped down...
That just sounds like election year grandstanding by a politician, (with "media" working as a cheerleaders). Using this murder IN ANY MANNER for political gain pisses me off - sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if the arrest was put off until closer to election day to give the incumbent a bigger boost at the polls.

Fortunately, Harum should not be making the arrest since he is Chelan County and the body was found in Douglas County.

I was driving back from OR today and just as I passed CB a song came on my Kenny Chesney cd with Randy Travis helping. One part of it was "i felt like i was being cradled in the arms of the Lord." I thought about MC and started crying. My 14 yo granddaughter was with me and I kept looking out the window so she wouldn't see. I felt an overwhelming sadness for her especially this being Easter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina