WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Em. Gee.

You're making me laugh out loud... no, really. I mean, I'm laughing ha ha laughing. :D

Del, I don't figure you to be the kind of guy who rides around in your wife beaters and camo shorts, listening to Ozzy and drinking a cool delicious.

Please tell me that you don't have a garter hanging from your rear view mirror...and that you don't use patchouli oil for cologne.

:p

Sadly, the only things that hang from my rearview mirror these days are ties.

The way he stands, the way he wears his baseball cap, the "look" on his face...

If I were going to judge a book by its cover, well, I know guys like that. Here's my opinion on the stereotype:

• Lost in youth. Never matured. Always trying to recapture his glory days through drinking beer, talking about "remember whens," listening only to music like Van Halen and Lynyrd Skynyrd, the tunes of which he knows every word.

• Either doesn't pay child support or only pays it because of court order. The new KC lights on his off-road vehicle are more important than his children eating.

• Difficulty in maintaining relationships. He still thinks of himself as a 21-year-old hot piece. Women aging makes him uncomfortable. Has to trade in for the newer models every so often.

• Works for the weekend. Everything he does is geared toward his time off. Life's a party...sucks that you have to earn money to spend on the daily 12-pack (case or two on weekend days).

• Has an anorexic wallet on Monday mornings. Difficulty keeping current with the bills, because, again, the stereo system with 12" woofers ranks higher on the priority list than making a payment on the dishwasher.

• Never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and faults. Always lays blame on someone else. If he crashed because he was DUI, it isn't because he was drinking, it is because someone was in his traffic lane, forcing him to run off the road to avoid a head-on collision.

• Has a mother who has never forced him to take responsibility for anything that he's done wrong. If he's had failed relationships, it was always the woman's fault. If he has had trouble with the law, it's because they're singling him out and picking on him unfairly. If he can't pay his bills, it's because the bank didn't explain to him what a balloon note is. And on and on and on.

• Is a charmer, a charlatan, and a chameleon. Or at least thinks he is. If he's talking to a woman, he tells her what he thinks she wants to hear. If he is talking to an African American, he talks ghetto, because that's how he thinks all black people talk, yo. If he's conversing with a father of a new girlfriend, he's Mr. All American Boy Next Door. If he's drinking beer with his other maturity-stunted guy friends, this is pretty the only time you'll see the real him.

Anyway...all of the above is based on my own character flaw--prejudice against this kind of guy--which in turn is based on experience with guy friends whose looks remind me of him. He might be a Class-A nice guy.... and it's wrong for me to stereotype him... but I just can't help it.

The above characteristics described an abusive, red-neck Bubba, from Bubba Land. I don't know if the guy is from Bubba Land, or if he is a Bubba.:waitasec::confused::)

I'm curious abuot the tag that was added to the thread last night .... n.q.u.a.

Anyone know what it stands for?

Gargoyles are said to scare off and protect from any evil or harmful spirits. I wish that would have worked....

This probably isn't related to MC's murder, but does anyone know anything about goblins (or whatever they're called)?

Since I'm a font of useless knowledge I'll say that technically that is a "Grotesque" piece of statuary and not a gargoyle. Gargoyles always serve an architectural purpose, usually as water spouts to drain water away from the building facade. IIRC the name gargoyle came from the gurgling sound they make, and is the root of our modern word "gargle".

The one pictured is probably based on a famous piece, many of them are and I know I've seen this one around.

I would say that if this is on the CB property it is probably nothing, unless it was recently placed there in a location that makes you think otherwise. If so, it looks sad and pensive and may have been meant as a memorial or something.

Since I'm a font of useless knowledge I'll say that technically that is a "Grotesque" piece of statuary and not a gargoyle. Gargoyles always serve an architectural purpose, usually as water spouts to drain water away from the building facade. IIRC the name gargoyle came from the gurgling sound they make, and is the root of our modern word "gargle".

The one pictured is probably based on a famous piece, many of them are and I know I've seen this one around.

I would say that if this is on the CB property it is probably nothing, unless it was recently placed there in a location that makes you think otherwise. If so, it looks sad and pensive and may have been meant as a memorial or something.

Thanks for the clarification. I did read that in the link previously provided -- regarding "Grotesque."

Here is another excerpt that may further clarify:

A grotesque figure is a sculpture that does not work as a waterspout and serves only an ornamental or artistic function. These are also usually called gargoyles in layman's terminology,[2] although the field of architecture usually preserves the distinction between gargoyles (functional waterspouts) and non-waterspout grotesques.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle

What's the letter about? I think I missed something.....

It looks like Alt and Del both had their Wheaties this morning! Heck, maybe even spiked it with some bannanas! Hilarious the two of you are today!

Liz:

I assumed "n.g.u.a" was in reference to some of our posters' activity today... "Nutty guys under analysis!"

I heart you guys - you nutty things!

I'm curious abuot the tag that was added to the thread last night .... n.q.u.a.

Anyone know what it stands for?

Maybe Salem can tell us?

Liz:

I assumed "n.g.u.a" was in reference to some of our posters' activity today... "Nutty guys under analysis!"

I heart you guys - you nutty things!

You're right, jarethamarie ... it is a 'g', not a 'q', as I'd thought.

I found this in the urban dictionary:

1. ngua

1. "horse"
2. "*advertiser censored*"
3. "itchy"

1. "Yo, did you see that ngua over there in the TC?"
"No, was it a horse or a girl?"

2. Used in Mean Girls, after it's discovered that the coach has been hooking up with the Vietnamese girls

hmmm .... :waitasec: I wonder who added it, and *why*?

What's the letter about? I think I missed something.....

It looks like Alt and Del both had their Wheaties this morning! Heck, maybe even spiked it with some bannanas! Hilarious the two of you are today!

Funny - we have Alt and Del... now where is Ctrl?
(hahah so stoopid.. sorry)
:aktion033:

Maybe Salem can tell us?

I don't know if she could. I've added 'most' of the tags, 'most' of the time on the threads. But I don't surely don't claim 'that' one. :innocent:

Gargoyle, that's the name. Thanks.

No, there was another gargoyle a couple feet away.

You don't see gargoyles very often in this neck of the woods.

"Neck of the woods?" ha:D

Is the gargoyle cemented down, or is it moveable?

Looks like "MCM" is spending his birthday in CC Jail. Yesterday his age was listed as '40', and today it's '41'. I'd sure love to know more about his 'obstruction of justice' charge. Maybe unrelated. Or, maybe not.

I have a three tin frogs in my yard... one playing a sax, one playing a guitar, and one playing a drum. God help me if anyone ever tries to analyze me about my yard statuary. :D

You go, girl!

Hoppyfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members