WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Inventory and Return of Search Warrant that was posted earlier it says they performed a search of the car on the 11th and the 17th.

Speculation: I think that the initial search of the car was allowed by the parents.

This search was conducted on the 11th. I think that something was found in the car at that time that gave the police the impression that some type for foul play had taken place. It seems like the investigation took a turn at that point.

I am given the impression that the police had to apply for the search warrant for the one that was done on the 17th. This search was very thorough. That means that on the 17th they knew where the glass that was found came from. I assume it came from the CB house.

Maybe on the 11th they were still trying to find her and on the 17th they were processing the car for the murder.

In case anyone missed this post of Jarethamarie's (like I did), I'm reposting it to this thread.

Sorry Jarethamarie that I missed your pictures posted in thread #16 on April 12th, but I do appreciate you, as well as all the others who provided videos and pictures; allowing us to get a closer look into the areas of interest in this case! Thanks to all of you! :blowkiss:

Ditto Liz..Thanks to all of you! :)

I've been going thru every recently posted pix/videos this weekend..They are amazing shots..Jarethamarie..ITA..The pool/volleyball water is gross! That window def looks to me like there was an attempt to break in but when is the Q..I wonder if during this crime or at a prior time not related :waitasec:

The kids target practice down on the beach (IIRC August came across?) blows my mind..I can't imagine this is legal & this may be a dumb Q (sorry) but what kind of guns/bullets were they most likely using?

Going thru sheds in those remote areas def takes guts! I wouldn't even drive down most of those roads! :eek:

From ALL the pix/videos I still can't figure out where exactly the body was found..Does anyone really know?

My opinion of CB: nothing like I've ever seen here on the 'right' coast..Very beautiful yet at the same time kinda gives me the creeps..Probably cos it's so remote in places & cos I know Mack was found there & possibly murdered there..The perp may even live there? It's also not the kind of summer 'resort' I expected when I first heard about it..Can't really explain why not but there's no doubt the views are spectacular!

So my question is....Why would they say glass from kitchen .........

sbm

Didn't it say glass from "kitchen counter"? I assume that means glass ON the counter vs glass actually from the counter but could be wrong..When it says from "home" I think that may possibly mean her real "home" with WC but not that I think it=anything to do with the murder/scene.

Can anyone identify MC in this video? It is NOT the dance version, this is the 'leap competition'. I think I see MC with the girls on the right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q92hlSF8iA

MC was not standing on the gym floor during this. She was up in the stands with the rest of the team. She is shown VERY briefly at the VERY end as a teammate walks up the bleachers and sits down next to MC.

From what I recall in the chat room 676 was asked if MC had any pets/animals. 676 replied: "cats"

Do you know why this was asked? Was it just in reference to trying to get to know MC better? It just seems to be such a random thing.

Someone asked 676 to share some nice things about MC. Then another asked if MC had pets, and the answer was "cat."

Ditto Liz..Thanks to all of you! :)

I've been going thru every recently posted pix/videos this weekend..They are amazing shots..Jarethamarie..ITA..The pool/volleyball water is gross! That window def looks to me like there was an attempt to break in but when is the Q..I wonder if during this crime or at a prior time not related :waitasec:

The kids target practice down on the beach (IIRC August came across?) blows my mind..I can't imagine this is legal & this may be a dumb Q (sorry) but what kind of guns/bullets were they most likely using?

Going thru sheds in those remote areas def takes guts! I wouldn't even drive down most of those roads! :eek:

From ALL the pix/videos I still can't figure out where exactly the body was found..Does anyone really know?

My opinion of CB: nothing like I've ever seen here on the 'right' coast..Very beautiful yet at the same time kinda gives me the creeps..Probably cos it's so remote in places & cos I know Mack was found there & possibly murdered there..The perp may even live there? It's also not the kind of summer 'resort' I expected when I first heard about it..Can't really explain why not but there's no doubt the views are spectacular!

The kids were shooting bb guns and I believe its legal. When I'm there in the summer and its busy, I've never seen or heard that type of thing. I imagine it may happen in the winter when its very quiet and dead over there, no pun intended.

That property used to be beautiful and, believe it or not, people used to swim/wade in that pool and play volleyball, when it was kept up. Also, to give you a better perspective of the actual 'resort' part of CB, look at these pictures: http://www.selectrentals.com/gallery.asp?CatID=1

The house is on the hill on the way down to CB island, but isn't part of the actual resort. For the most part, its a very safe area, but I do agree that the overgrown brush makes it a little creepy.

I would recommend going back and looking at pictures that pufnstuf and Del Rio have posted. You can find them by clicking on their names and looking at all of their posts. I recall a few where it was pointed out where people speculated her body was found.

Hope that helps!

Very good point, and good catch. I was thinking it was from the CB house too, but the evidence was documented prior to her discovery.

Maybe at that point, "recovery" meant the location where the car was recovered.

I'm wondering if it could mean "List of Items"?

LOI = Location Of Interest

As referenced in certain report: "LOI recovery" it specifically refers to the CB property from where MC's body was recovered.

Hi, ARose. I noticed on the list of items that it appears as if the officer originally had written 3 Target Receipts; then wrote over it to make it into a2. So I was wondering if he'd already written the plural for car wash receipts, knowing he had two receipts left. Only to realize that one of the receipts was a Target receipt. What does everyone else think?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8865&d=1271476754

Makes one wonder how LE can get away with creating such relatively sloppy records. Evidence tracking should be more precise, IMO. No one reading such records should have to wonder if it's 3 this or 2 that plus 1 other or who-knows-what. Sloppy.

I wonder if that 'flexibility' presented in such documentation allows for 'maneuvering' after the fact, such as for during trial? I' m just sayin' ... :dance:

So my question is....Why would they say glass from kitchen when the car was found the night she went missing? They hadn't searched anywhere at that point. It was then that it was apparent that something was wong..........................

The list item to which you refer was entered on a document that was dated for after when MC's body was recovered.

Makes one wonder how LE can get away with creating such relatively sloppy records. Evidence tracking should be more precise, IMO. No one reading such records should have to wonder if it's 3 this or 2 that plus 1 other or who-knows-what. Sloppy.

I wonder if that 'flexibility' presented in such documentation allows for 'maneuvering' after the fact, such as for during trial? I' m just sayin' ... :dance:
I'm guessing you're referring to the Property Seizure list of items taken from MC's car, specifically, the carwash receipts. If not, excuse my misunderstanding.
If you look at the top left of the seizure list of items removed from MC's car, you will see "item #", Thus, it is Not 3 carwash receipts, but Number 3, the third item is carwash receipts. The actual number of receipts is not given. I see now what you meant on the Target receipts notation and agree the "2" could have been written more clearly. In stressfull situations, I have sloppy handwriting, myself.

MC is identified in this capture of a 'leap competition' in Quincy.

There is a male seated next to her ...

ETA: it is a female seated next to MC .. my mistake. I just looked in my high school biology book ... it's a girl. ;-)

Attachments

• MC_at_Leap_Competition.png
    MC_at_Leap_Competition.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 142
MC was not standing on the gym floor during this. She was up in the stands with the rest of the team. She is shown VERY briefly at the VERY end as a teammate walks up the bleachers and sits down next to MC.

If you look at this video ( just after they say # 1 or #2) it shows the person turning their head and it looks like a girl.

If you look at this video ( just after they say # 1 or #2) it shows the person turning their head and it looks like a girl.

Yes and again just before the end of the video; looks more like a girl there too.

The male in the beginning of the video, behind wooden thing that says "Quincy, just above the gir's outstreched arm, looks like PT, IMO.

at the very end of the video it looks like her the second girl in from the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3