WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it is so annoying that a police officer chose to say the bits of glass were from a kitchen counter "@ home" The only reasonable inference IMO, that can be drawn from that is that they were from Mackenzie's home. Otherwise, why not leave that part out? No one knows specifically, and LE has not said which "home" but, we've heard some interesting what ifs

bbm

You must include the entire record entry. It reads, as follows:

"13. unkn. # glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery"

The only sites that might be considered as Locations Of Interest from where evidence has been recovered (up to 02/17/2010, the date on the property seizure report) are 156 Crescent Bar Road (MC's body recovered) and 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road (MC's vehicle discovered).

I know some are waiting for this info so I'll mention it:

RUMOR FOLLOWS:
The spec house in Sunnyslope was searched and some items were noted (rolling pin, wheel barrow, shovel in the garage, flat panel TV, receiver / speaker equip. in one of the bedrooms) but nothing was collected as evidence because LE concluded the house and contents are not relevant to the case.

http://www.wenatcheeidx.com/listing.php?sid=863446&mls=690209&site_id=2130&page_current=1

Can you post a link to the information in your final paragraph? I would very much like to read the entire piece. Regarding the earlier, very good photos of the kitchen at the Crescent Bar house, when I saw the photo, I remembered that a few months back, one of our members did an incredible photo essay of the whole area. On the photo sharing site Flickr, the user has the option of making their photos public or private. These were marked public. Actually, this link, or a link from the same group was posted on WS long ago by its Creator. Rather than dig through hundreds of old msgs to find it, I take the liberty of posting it directly from Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4506826551/in/set-72157623698687841/

Can you post a link to the information in your final paragraph? I would very much like to read the entire piece. Regarding the earlier, very good photos of the kitchen at the Crescent Bar house, when I saw the photo, I remembered that a few months back, one of our members did an incredible photo essay of the whole area. On the photo sharing site Flickr, the user has the option of making their photos public or private. These were marked public. Actually, this link, or a link from the same group was posted on WS long ago by its Creator. Rather than dig through hundreds of old msgs to find it, I take the liberty of posting it directly from Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/49189680@N04/4506826551/in/set-72157623698687841/

The " information in [my] final paragraph" is via description from someone who was in that house.

I think that all material presented here without documentation is rumor and should be labeled as such. You practically quote Law enforcement,:"LE concluded the house and contents are not relevant to the case." What is the source for that? I think, if an acquaintance of yours saw something of importance, they should sign up on here and start posting. Otherwise, it's just all your secondhand opinion. How can that help matters?

I think that all material presented here without documentation is rumor and should be labeled as such. You practically quote Law enforcement,:"LE concluded the house and contents are not relevant to the case." What is the source for that? I think, if an acquaintance of yours saw something of importance, they should sign up on here and start posting. Otherwise, it's just all your secondhand opinion. How can that help matters?

There exists a news article quoting LE as indicating the spec house is not considered a LOI. If I locate the link and if it's still active, I'll post it.

This is the house to which I am referring. It's actually in Sunnyslope.
http://www.wenatcheeidx.com/listing.php?sid=863446&mls=690209&site_id=2130&page_current=1

Websleuths threads that include discussion of the spec house:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96189&page=26

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

I noticed something right after MC’s body was discovered. One of the videos from CB shows the end of the CB home that can be seen driving down the hill toward CB appeared to be dark. At first I thought that window appeared to be broken out. Later I just dismissed this as an illusion, because the blind had been closed in an earlier picture I viewed.

This is just speculation: This window would be near the kitchen, I believe. Could access to the home had been gained through this window and that the glass on the kitchen counters have been from that window? This window would be one of the most hidden window at the home.

I think you're right James. I remember early on people here were talking about that window and whether it looked like it had been broken out. I'm surprised none of us made the correlation earlier. Good catch.

Interesting links, Thanks. In my opinion, in a case like this among such a diverse group of, exclusively, I am convinced, well-meaning people, it is imposible to generate a steady stream of pristine facts.
Everyone is working toward the same goal. IMO Justice For Mackenzie

If you look at the beginning of this video you will see what looks like the kitchen just inside the window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzSkotiIaNo

The fact is that LE has said so many things and most of the time they contradict themselves. They first said that items were taken from the CB house then they said that nothing was taken from the house. While I cannot say what I posted earlier is fact it is a more likely scenario than some mystery house in Sunnyslope and MC being seen from one end of the valley to the other.

I stand by my theory based on facts. If you disagree with it, fine; however, please give a logical explanation.

Would love to see link of that news article please.

Respectfully, all those links are from strictly "rumors" and more or less indicate the spec house was both under surveillance and also searched. At least one of those was early on when so many were ready to hang her mother, some even MC's boyfriend, or others related to the family.

Since then, police have gone on record to say that there is no connection to the family nor her boyfriend.

Lots of emotion and plenty of unsubstantiated rumors and theories, as is typical when an innocent is murdered and a killer is on the loose.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96694164.html?tab=video

As for which house the glass shards are from, at this point only LE knows and all else is pure speculation, but since these investigations start with those closest to the victim and then work their way outward, would IMHO be folly to suggest that any of her mother's homes, her father's home, and of course the CB home, were not all of interest until ruled out as having any connection to her murder or killer.

That said, CB seems to me to be the most likely candidate IF there was broken glass found on the counter, as that home would have been searched as fast as they could get a warrant after her body was found.

I do not believe the glass was from a broken window. That would leave glass also on the floor, and how would LE know if shards removed from the car came from a counter or the floor? The photos posted that show one dark window and one light is purely from one having the white shades down, the other with them up or no window coverings. It would tend to reflect as dark from that distance and angle unless there were blazing bright lights on inside. Note the first main photo from the spec house. "Dark" windows from the outside because windows are uncovered to allow as much natural light inside as possible to help sell it.

Although does not indicate to be page 1 of x, clearly they have collected far more evidence than is listed on that one page, or it is simply only part of the page, given it isn't even letter size in length. Unless all the people who knew her and claimed she about lived out of that car, and the homeowners who called it in as suspicious also stated they saw clothes inside the car -- all got it wrong. :waitasec:

If you look at the beginning of this video you will see what looks like the kitchen just inside the window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzSkotiIaNo

The fact is that LE has said so many things and most of the time they contradict themselves. They first said that items were taken from the CB house then they said that nothing was taken from the house. While I cannot say what I posted earlier is fact it is a more likely scenario than some mystery house in Sunnyslope and MC being seen from one end of the valley to the other.

I stand by my theory based on facts. If you disagree with it, fine; however, please give a logical explanation.
Would you please repost your theory, or provide a link to where it is originally posted? tia

In answer to the question asking where we heard that the spec house was not a location of interest....
Here is the article:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/may/18/cowell-team-checks-fresh-tip/?online

And the pertinent paragraph referring to this matter:
"He said investigators are announcing that no members of Cowell’s immediate family — her father, mother or two brothers — are suspects in the murder. Jones said investigators wanted to put to rest rumors, especially those on sleuthing websites, that have circulated that the family might have been involved. He also said no property owned by Cowell family members is suspected of being involved in the murder." bbm

This paragraph right here tells me that there is NOTHING connecting the spec house and the murder. Perhaps yes, that is a place MC went a few times, but according to LE and this article in MSM, the spec house owned by WC is not part of the investigation.

IMOO and all that jazz.

In answer to the question asking where we heard that the spec house was not a location of interest....
Here is the article:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/may/18/cowell-team-checks-fresh-tip/?online

And the pertinent paragraph referring to this matter:
"He said investigators are announcing that no members of Cowell’s immediate family — her father, mother or two brothers — are suspects in the murder. Jones said investigators wanted to put to rest rumors, especially those on sleuthing websites, that have circulated that the family might have been involved. He also said no property owned by Cowell family members is suspected of being involved in the murder." bbm

This paragraph right here tells me that there is NOTHING connecting the spec house and the murder. Perhaps yes, that is a place MC went a few times, but according to LE and this article in MSM, the spec house owned by WC is not part of the investigation.

IMOO and all that jazz.

Given that was a statement in an article dated May 18, I'm not sure that disqualifies any family homes as of February 17, when the property seizure records were dated. Everybody and everything was suspect at that time, so no way I see those houses all being off the "interest" list at the time that record was filed.

Given that was a statement in an article dated May 18, I'm not sure that disqualifies any family homes as of February 17, when the property seizure records were dated. Everybody and everything was suspect at that time, so no way I see those houses all being off the "interest" list at the time that record was filed.

Hi, anyoldtime48,

This does not apply to you specifically. I'm simply posting this here to continue the thread:

It seems some people ignore or do not understand they must include the entire phrase in their interpretation: "@ home" can not be singled out from "- LOI recovery".

"@ home - LOI recovery"

As posted previously, there were only two Locations Of Interest that included recovery situations, by February 17, 2010:
  • 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road - MC's vehicle
  • 156 Crescent Bar Road - MC's body
As of recently, the 'turnout' area from off the haripin turn on Crescant Bar Road might be considered the 3rd LOI, with recovery.

I would like a link to a MSM article stating that the home was searched at any time or was a location of interest at any time... prior to or after the article I quoted was published.

Given that I have never seen ANY MSM source reporting that there was ANYTHING suspect about the spec house, and ALL reports about it were RUMOR only. The police have cleared the Cowell's and their owned homes, I've done the same.

IMOO and all that

Was the house at 3635 Ridgeview Blvd in WC 's or RC's name? I haven't been able to find any record. Early on, there was lots of chat room and WS gossip* example:the spec house was surveiled during the memorial service. We know this ~ because officers of the law looked like "gang bangers" and were spotted by neighbors, there was blood on the floor of the garage including a bloody footprint, MC held romantic sleepovers in the theatre room. It was pretty incredible at times. Being associated with a spec house as a realtor doesn't make one its owner, does it? I thought WC owned and lived in the house on EagleRock.

Was the house at 3635 Ridgeview Blvd in WC 's or RC's name? I haven't been able to find any record. Early on, there was lots of chat room and WS gossip* example:the spec house was surveiled during the memorial service. We know this ~ because officers of the law looked like "gang bangers" and were spotted by neighbors, there was blood on the floor of the garage including a bloody footprint, MC held romantic sleepovers in the theatre room. It was pretty incredible at times. Being associated with a spec house as a realtor doesn't make one its owner, does it? I thought WC owned and lived in the house on EagleRock.

Home listing:
http://www.homefinder.com/WA/Wenatchee/56298448d_3635_Ridgeview_Blvd

Pertinent quote:
"Seller is a licensed real agent actingon her own behalf."

Following the links below that statement takes you to:
http://www.century21.com/property/index.jsp?id=35431858&campaign=listhub&refcode=C21homescape

WC is the OWNER of that home.

This information is very EASY to find, all I did was Google the address. Can we stop discussing the spec house now as I believe it's O/T and also against TOS for this thread.

Rumors and rumors ONLY ever connected it with the MC case. Cops dressed as gang bangers, bloody footprints, sleepovers... all of it was RUMOR and RUMOR only.

Again I will state that LE according to an article in MSM has cleared the Cowell's and all owned homes. That article if you read it seems to direct that statement directly at those who continue(d) to suspect the property as being a location of interest.

Right, it was discussed, analyzed and many theories were presented then LE cleared family and properties as you can see by the links provided (public information)from theissueathand. It's now July so may I ask why it matters now?

Once again, you make a statement without a shred of evidence. Prove Ms. Cowell owns the home in question, if you can. No one on here had heard the word "spec" for months until you about wore it out,in recent posts. However, I will avoid using it, at all costs, from today onward. . Some of what I mentioned came from your links, some from other sources, for which I apologize. I believe the mods have a position on one WSer explaining TOS to another.

Once again, you make a statement without a shred of evidence. Prove Ms. Cowell owns the home in question, if you can. No one on here had heard the word "spec" for months until you about wore it out,in recent posts. However, I will avoid using it, at all costs, from today onward. . Some of what I mentioned came from your links, some from other sources, for which I apologize. I believe the mods have a position on one WSer explaining TOS to another.

It says she owns the home at the links I provided. Twice if I'm not mistaken. Again, but more slowly this time. Quote from the site I linked previously:

""Seller is a licensed real agent acting on her own behalf.""

In order to sell a home, you have to own it right?

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm just saying.

Edited:
Not wrong, here's the link.
http://www.realtyspree.com/fsbo-offer-process.cfm
Seller = Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics