WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am new to this site, and was hooked the first time I visited.
I heard something tonight on my scanner. At about 10:45 pm I heard the dispatcher come across the radio and said "A 911 hang up just came in, on call back WC said that she had a friend over and was afraid, and they were practicing calling 911" and a few seconds later the dispatcher also said that "it was the 3rd call from that number each resulting in a hang up".

Upper righthand corner of screen where it says "welcome del rio".

also, can you post a link to a photo? i honestly don't know how or if we can post a photo...i've seen maps though, just not pics.

I heard something tonight on my scanner. At about 10:45 pm I heard the dispatcher come across the radio and said "A 911 hang up just came in, on call back WC said that she had a friend over and was afraid, and they were practicing calling 911" and a few seconds later the dispatcher also said that "it was the 3rd call from that number each resulting in a hang up".

Was she drunk??? Who "practices" calling 911??

Were the hang ups calls all from the same person? I wonder who she fears?

There should be a fine for practicing 911 calls.

Not real sure who would practice as an adult. I practiced with my kiddies when they were little, but never took the reciever off the hook, I did not want the call the accidently go through. I thought it to be odd. From what the dispatcher explained to the officer they were all from WC. She explained when he called the number back.

What do you mean "on your scanner"? Are you a 911 dispatcher?

Excuse me...off topic question:

What are the symbols for in the bottom right corner? I clicked one of mine and it turned red.

Apparently there was also a call into 911 from WC's address on the Feb. 21st but the corresponding report for this call was not listed:

10C01507 01:36:12 02/20/10 Harass/Threat 4305 W EAGLEROCK DR, WENAT 4 ACT

No I am not a dispatcher, I have a home scanner that scans police, fire and ambulance. I was an EMT for 7 years and listen to keep up with all the buds on the ambulance.

Excuse me...off topic question:

What are the symbols for in the bottom right corner? I clicked one of mine and it turned red.

Which symbols? If you're referring to the red/white triangle with the exclamation point, you just flagged either your comment or someone else's for removal.

Apparently there was also a call into 911 from WC's address on the Feb. 21st but the corresponding report for this call was not listed:

10C01507 01:36:12 02/20/10 Harass/Threat 4305 W EAGLEROCK DR, WENAT 4 ACT

I wonder if that is 1:36 a.m or p.m. It it was a.m., it would make you wonder what the heck was going on that would make one call 911 at that time!

Can I get your guys' opinions on the attached photo?

Specifically, the fluorescent orange line.

Looks like the marker for a trail. When we worked an accident on the ambulance we would refer to things like this marked out by LE for mechanism of injury. Note the skid mark on the pavement.

I wonder if that is 1:36 a.m or p.m. It it was a.m., it would make you wonder what the heck was going on that would make one call 911 at that time!

it's 1:36am...the time on their reports are in military time, so if it were pm it would've been 13:36am. yeah, seriously...i'd like to know what's going on over there right now, what her "practice" calls. i wonder if they send someone over there.

del rio...when was this picture taken??

To my knowledge no one responded, dispatch talked to her on a call back.

Which symbols? If you're referring to the red/white triangle with the exclamation point, you just flagged either your comment or someone else's for removal.

I was referring to the symbols between the quote and thank you buttons.
I was trying to figure how how to send a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme