WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new to posting on this site, I have posted on the ww site (reallynow1) I too have wondered why there seems to be no further mention as to the 2nd video of her turning west onto Kittatas st.( I mentioned that on the ww site and saw on this site that James Vic had reposted what I had said there!) Interesting.... she left the school pk lot at 3:00 and then was at boat launch at 3:40. She would have been heading the wrong direction to go to boat launch had she turned heading west although that is a 40 minute time span. Question is where did she go in between???? Also, some people seem to think that it couldn't have been her making that 911 call in leavenworth at 11:00 pm. remember she was missing for 3 days. ...... very well could have been her.

OK; here's my good guess. Someone has reported seeing MC leaving the dock at 5.

H Also, some people seem to think that it couldn't have been her making that 911 call in leavenworth at 11:00 pm. remember she was missing for 3 days. ...... very well could have been her.

I haven't seen a time of death posted. So, I wonder if MC was held captive for several days. And, maybe it was her who called 911.

Does anyone know how the 911 tracking works on your phone. All I know is that when you call 911 it turns on the phones GPS, I think? I know that I have my phone GPS disengaged and it will turn on if I dial 911. I know if she dialed 911 from her phone, it should have showed up on the 911 records from that day, but maybe that is how they tracked the exact position. If, for some reason, her GPS was on, they could pinpoint her location to fifteen feet.

I know of someone who once called 911, and the 911 operator asked him where he was. He didn't know. Neither did the 911 operator because the guy's cell phone did not have a working GPS system on it.

Hi I am new to posting on this site, I have posted on the ww site (reallynow1) I too have wondered why there seems to be no further mention as to the 2nd video of her turning west onto Kittatas st.( I mentioned that on the ww site and saw on this site that James Vic had reposted what I had said there!) Interesting.... she left the school pk lot at 3:00 and then was at boat launch at 3:40. She would have been heading the wrong direction to go to boat launch had she turned heading west although that is a 40 minute time span. Question is where did she go in between???? Also, some people seem to think that it couldn't have been her making that 911 call in leavenworth at 11:00 pm. remember she was missing for 3 days. ...... very well could have been her.

Someone (a local, but I don't remember the name) mentioned that because of one-way roads, it could have made sense for her to turn in the "wrong" direction and still be heading for the boat launch.

I saw it too it said hey, hey what's up. I thought that I read that tho in a different paper .

I would bet that the date kept by the cell phone company, would include the number of characters in a message. Your “hey” message should have three characters; however, if it had fifty characters, they may want to know why?

i agree grey.....i wonder if mac has an insurance policy....this whole case sounds like someone in the family is involved. when you watch the pictures of the memorial it seems to me like some of the family wasn't to distraught except for the one brother sitting next to the mom. i really do think the family is involved somehow. maybe mac knew to much who klnows? the more we know about the family the stranger the family becomes....there is alot of skeletons in in that family closet.

I agree with you about the family having involvement somehow. What really convinces me is that they haven't contributed to the reward fund. Why not sell your cars, all of your possessions, clear out your savings, etc. I don't have kids yet but I would think a parent couldn't rest until their child's killer was brought to justice... look at the extent Natalie Halloway's mom went to find out what happened to her- the money and time spent and the public pleas. It's just very odd here with none of that. My theory is WC is protecting her BF and may possibly know he did it so doesn't see a point in "wasting" her money on a reward fund.

I would bet that the date kept by the cell phone company, would include the number of characters in a message. Your “hey” message should have three characters; however, if it had fifty characters, they may want to know why?

Seems reasonable. Sometimes I wonder if it is just an abbreviated reporting style for the WW to write about the "hey" exchange, and really nothing more than that.

Someone (a local, but I don't remember the name) mentioned that because of one-way roads, it could have made sense for her to turn in the "wrong" direction and still be heading for the boat launch.

There are many different ways to the boat launch from her location. If a train is stopped, there are only two ways under the tracks. One is Thurston and the other is 5th street. It is possible that she used the Thurston street out of habit. There are more direct routes; however, I have spent a great deal of time waiting for a train to move, finally getting upset and taking another route. It would take her a couple of minutes to make it to the boat launch from her location. She could have been going somewhere and was interrupted, bringing her to the boat launch? It seems to me that there are up to forty minutes missing from the time she left the school to the time she arrived at the boat dock.

I have a question about text messages. Can the actual text of each message be retrieved by the cell phone company?

Yes. This can absolutely be done. If something is relevant and material to an investigation, your cell phone carrier must legally provide the texts to LE. They do not even have to have probable cause or a search warrant if it will help in the investigation. Sometimes a subpoena is required. They do not need your approval to do this either. If you are a piece of the puzzle, your records can be pulled.

Yes. This can absolutely be done. If something is relevant and material to an investigation, your cell phone carrier must legally provide the texts to LE. They do not even have to have probable cause or a search warrant if it will help in the investigation. Sometimes a subpoena is required. They do not need your approval to do this either. If you are a piece of the puzzle, your records can be pulled.

Good....this could be very helpful.

I know multiple people who are fairly close to the investigation/family. In speaking with these people today i have heard some interesting information. All three people ( I spoke with each seperately, as they don't know each other as far as I know ) had the same info. i think this makes the info pretty reliable, yet still just 'rumor', although one of my sources is very close to the investigation.
1. A certain middle-aged male has been questioned on multiple occasions and has been given lie-detectors tests. He has failed both of the tests. i am sure most of you can figure out who I refer to but I do not want to break any rules.
2. There was a search warrant served on the property in Sunnyslope and there was blood evidence recovered from that home.
3. The male from item #1 now has a lawyer and is no longer cooperating with LE.

I figure that the DNA results that LE says will take a month are from the home in sunnyslope. This may also have a connection to the brothers who are in the regional jail now although I am not sure there is a strong connection there.
It looks like LE is really focused on JF and has much more evidence in this case than they are letting on.
Hopefully this means that this case will be resolved soon.

I know multiple people who are fairly close to the investigation/family. In speaking with these people today i have heard some interesting information. All three people ( I spoke with each seperately, as they don't know each other as far as I know ) had the same info. i think this makes the info pretty reliable, yet still just 'rumor', although one of my sources is very close to the investigation.
1. A certain middle-aged male has been questioned on multiple occasions and has been given lie-detectors tests. He has failed both of the tests. i am sure most of you can figure out who I refer to but I do not want to break any rules.
2. There was a search warrant served on the property in Sunnyslope and there was blood evidence recovered from that home.

I figure that the DNA results that LE says will take a month are from the home in sunnyslope. This may also have a connection to the brothers who are in the regional jail now although I am not sure there is a strong connection there.
It looks like LE is really focused on JF and has much more evidence in this case than they are letting on.

This HAS to be it. I have heard the same things. Thanks for the post!

Has a motive been rumored?

Have heard that there was a life insurance policy, that is one possiblilty. Could be other things such as revenge or the possibility that MAC had info on the prep that they didn't want she to tell. Just some thoughts. I also heard from multiple people that MAC was NOT close to her mother at the time of her murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip