WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ispy, I don't think posting that info would be a problem as long as you dont give his name.

I know multiple people who are fairly close to the investigation/family. In speaking with these people today i have heard some interesting information. All three people ( I spoke with each seperately, as they don't know each other as far as I know ) had the same info. i think this makes the info pretty reliable, yet still just 'rumor', although one of my sources is very close to the investigation.
1. A certain middle-aged male has been questioned on multiple occasions and has been given lie-detectors tests. He has failed both of the tests. i am sure most of you can figure out who I refer to but I do not want to break any rules.
2. There was a search warrant served on the property in Sunnyslope and there was blood evidence recovered from that home.
3. The male from item #1 now has a lawyer and is no longer cooperating with LE.

I figure that the DNA results that LE says will take a month are from the home in sunnyslope. This may also have a connection to the brothers who are in the regional jail now although I am not sure there is a strong connection there.
It looks like LE is really focused on JF and has much more evidence in this case than they are letting on.
Hopefully this means that this case will be resolved soon.

Great post! I have heard all of those things except that they found blood in the Sunnyslope home.

I agree it he is not a POI, but I DO believe a few of those poems are related to her (back when)! Just so happens, kinda thing! I'm 90% sure LE questioned him!

As much as the poetry seems like a red flag, I think it is unrelated. I think it stands out like a sore thumb, but do any locals know this kid? And as far as the crime itself goes, I feel quite strongly that this is not a young person. I think we are all on the same page that they are heading in the right direction with our current POI...

I think it's more of a coincidence that the middle aged man referred to has a connection with Jack Spillman. My guess is that Mackenzie's murder may have similarities to Jack Spillman's MO based on the fact that one of the first things LE said was that this "monster" must be caught. That makes me think her murder was brutal. Jack Spillman did a very good job of cleaning up the crime scene, but something is always left. Since prosecutors can't use lie detectors in court, I am sure they have their person of interest but must wait for all of the the forensic evidence to come in to hold up in court. JMHO.

Has a motive been rumored?

The motive has been rumored but if it isn't true it would be horrible to say what it is. It had to do with Mack and the perp having some sort of a relationship. I have no idea if there is any truth in that. But that is the rumor.

Neither one. I'll go back and start reading. I did check WC's FB page, but never saw a JF. I will go check out the links back in Thread #2!

There was a link posted on here yesterday that had his house address. You can do a reverse look up on Google. That is how I figured it out.

Neither one. I'll go back and start reading. I did check WC's FB page, but never saw a JF. I will go check out the links back in Thread #2!

Does anyone know if I can post a link to another site that has his information listed? I am new and I dont know if that breaks the rules...

After digging. JF was a witness of some sort in the Spillman case in 3/1996. In 4/2003 his divorced from Spillman's sister was final. I wonder how long they were married??

Marriage application to TMS was recorded in Chelan County on 1/8/1996.

Looks to me like there aren't that many cell phone towers, so I'm wondering how they specified her location. She would've had to have the E911 feature of her phone on, and I don't know many people who leave that on because as stated in the article, your phone automatically turns it on when you call 911. So unless she called 911 from the boat ramp, it doesn't seem likely to me. That takes me back to a theory I had that they have information actually putting her there as opposed to just getting lucky with a cell phone ping....since a cell phone ping gives a radius of "several square miles".

Cell phones constantly ping out for tower signals regardless of the 'Location' setting. Information is exchanged that identifies the phone as compatible to a carrier. The info can include phone ID data, regardless of Location setting.

The motive has been rumored but if it isn't true it would be horrible to say what it is. It had to do with Mack and the perp having some sort of a relationship. I have no idea if there is any truth in that. But that is the rumor.

I had also wondered if this might be the case from very early on. It wouldn't surprise me, and it would still fit with the M+J scenario. Mac seems to have had a rather tough time from an early age. It just goes to show that if this is true, no amount of money can replace the strong proactive presence of a good parent in your life, fostering good self esteem and responsibility. She lived through the acrimonious divorce of her parents that was still apparently quite ugly right up until her death, the molestation/sexual relationship at 12, and God knows what else. Really, it makes me wonder how some of these kids make it to adulthood at all. Even if the JF scenario isn't true you just have to wonder how events in her life that weren't prevented or dealt with effected the outcome for her. So sad.

Here's a link about Cell Phone Triangulation...looks like it is absolutely possible.

http://searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790

But for some reason I'm still not convinced that this is how they put her at Riverfront Park. Just a feeling I get.

Her's a link to Wenatchee, WA state webcams:
http://wsdot.wa.gov/Traffic/wenatchee/default.aspx

I'm sure there are more cameras, such as for private and corporate installs. Some might be connected to the Internet. We would have to know the IP address or domain/dns name to access, and even then they might be password-protected. It is surprising though just how many private and corporate cams are not secured ...

I had also wondered if this might be the case from very early on. It wouldn't surprise me, and it would still fit with the M+J scenario. Mac seems to have had a rather tough time from an early age. It just goes to show that if this is true, no amount of money can replace the strong proactive presence of a good parent in your life, fostering good self esteem and responsibility. She lived through the acrimonious divorce of her parents that was still apparently quite ugly right up until her death, the molestation/sexual relationship at 12, and God knows what else. Really, it makes me wonder how some of these kids make it to adulthood at all. Even if the JF scenario isn't true you just have to wonder how events in her life that weren't prevented or dealt with effected the outcome for her. So sad.

I agree with you completely. The sad thing is there are so many girls out there much like Mackenzie. Looking for acceptance and finding it in unsafe ways. It breaks my heart for her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member