WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget we are talking about *rental* houses. Anyone could have had duplicate keys made...

Yeah but I'm talking about the Crescent Bar house. I don't believe it was ever rented, just lived in by the owners and then put up for sale.

More questions...

1)We still do not know which tower the last ping was from, correct? I do not believe the last ping was from the boat launch. LE thought the latest she could have been there was 5 pm...last ping, 5:40. Does that give her phone time to travel to the approximate area of the last ping, or am I on the wrong thought train with this? Otherwise, why 5:00 as the latest at the boat launch? Thoughts on this?

2)Pitcher Canyon has me stumped. Still. If MC did not drive her own car there, where could the car have been between 5 and 7...that would allow someone else enough time to do their deed, get the car, drive it up there and leave the canyon without being seen? I suppose if the last ping was 5:40 and the car was actually found at 7...that would leave an hour and a half-ish to get it done. Hmm...

I've seen mention several times in various threads that the fact that Mackenzie's car doors were locked is indicative of someone close to her dropping the car there and locking it.

I have a Pontiac that's about the same age as Mackenzies... actually a couple years older. Pontiacs come with a feature... I have it activated on my car.

With the key fob, if you leave the door open and hit the lock button, you can set the car to automatically lock the doors every time you shut them. Five seconds after the door is shut, the car automatically locks itself.

I love the feature, because, should I forget to lock the car, the car remembers for me. You only have to set it once to do this.

It is possible that whoever dropped the car at the Pitcher Canyon location was unaware that the car would lock itself. If this person left the keys in the car, they'd have no way to get back in without breaking a window, at which time the alarm system would activate. Most Pontiac Grand Prix and above have alarm systems.

Just some thoughts on possible scenarios involving the car being locked.

ETA: My car is a 97 Pontiac. I have read that hers is a 2000. And I've also read that it's a 1997. If hers is a 97, then hers and mine are the same year.

I'm pretty sure the newspapers reported MC's car as a 1997.

That's very interesting info you provided. I'll have to digest it for a while.

More questions...

1)We still do not know which tower the last ping was from, correct? I do not believe the last ping was from the boat launch. LE thought the latest she could have been there was 5 pm...last ping, 5:40. Does that give her phone time to travel to the approximate area of the last ping, or am I on the wrong thought train with this? Otherwise, why 5:00 as the latest at the boat launch? Thoughts on this?

2)Pitcher Canyon has me stumped. Still. If MC did not drive her own car there, where could the car have been between 5 and 7...that would allow someone else enough time to do their deed, get the car, drive it up there and leave the canyon without being seen? I suppose if the last ping was 5:40 and the car was actually found at 7...that would leave an hour and a half-ish to get it done. Hmm...

1) Correct, we still do not know which tower the last ping was from. I am agree with you that the last ping was most likely not from the boat launch. I believe it was somewhere else that is why they believe she left the boat launch around 5. I am almost wondering if the last ping was possibly in route somewhere. Possibly the location of her murder? Maybe that is why they cannot pinpoint that. Or they can but it is on a road or no where this could have taken place.

2) The PC thing still baffles me too. I still cannot understand the reason for THAT location. I honestly do not think she was taken to the CB location the day of her disappearance. I think she was taken somewhere else for a day or even a few days. If what I have heard about the condition of her body is true there is no way they could have done all of it (including take her car up PC) in one evening. IMO. I am not familiar with the Sunnyslope house but is there rear parking? Or a way to park a vehicle there without being seen?

Benefits to this theory:
* explains car up Pitcher Canyon
* explains why no one knows where MC was headed after class
* explains why no one has rolled-over on him, (one-man job)
* explains why police weren't sure at first if CB was murder scene, (it wasn't)
* still plausible even if time-line of when he moved the body out to CB is adjusted a few nights
* explains actual murder scene not being found - that we know of - because evidence at first location is minimal

I reserve the right to change this theory around, but it does seem to keep things as simple as I can figure them to be at this time.

What say you?

Can you explain why you are sure that the murder scene wasn't at CB?

They would have had to plan very well to not get any blood (sorry if too graphic) anywhere. By the sounds of it there wasn't any blood found there. Again, only MO.

I think that when they first located the body and looked inside the home, there was evidence discovered but not nearly enough evidence to support the state she was in. I think they took one second to realize that this HAD to have been done somewhere else, and from that moment on they went with the second crime scene scenario. Murder committed at crime scene 1, body moved to crime scene 2 to buy some time and placement of her body 3.

I think that when they first located the body and looked inside the home, there was evidence discovered but not nearly enough evidence to support the state she was in. I think they took one second to realize that this HAD to have been done somewhere else, and from that moment on they went with the second crime scene scenario. Murder committed at crime scene 1, body moved to crime scene 2 to buy some time and placement of her body 3.

I TOTALLY agree!

deffinatly not upstanding if u ask me. I wonder if he has been questioned? Or even yet if he could be POI and LE could be taking a look at his equipment. If so... that can take some time to come back from crime lab. photos that have been deleated can be retreived if the photo has not be replaced with another. memory cards and such take about a month. trust me I know. Does anyone know if he is still in town?. I heard a rumor that they (LE) knows who commited this crime but that they can not locate him.

If that's the case, why don't they put out a warrant for this person's arrest?

deffinatly not upstanding if u ask me. I wonder if he has been questioned? Or even yet if he could be POI and LE could be taking a look at his equipment. If so... that can take some time to come back from crime lab. photos that have been deleated can be retreived if the photo has not be replaced with another. memory cards and such take about a month. trust me I know. Does anyone know if he is still in town?. I heard a rumor that they (LE) knows who commited this crime but that they can not locate him.

For some reason this guy just doesn't seem like a likely POI. I still think it had to be someone that was close to her. But hey, I guess we will find out. Soon I hope :(

I agree. I do not think she was murdered at CB. I believe that the last ping at 5:40 was fairly significant. Makes me think that she died sometime between 4:00 (text to bf, nothing urgent/unusual) and 5:40. Plus, didn't I read on WW that LE said they could possibly have a 3rd crime scene if they find where the murder took place?

There's still the issue of the 911 call about a 17 yr old 'runaway' during the evening previous to when MC went missing. The runaway left a note for his parents. They indicated they did not know where he was heading. He drove away in his Chevy Cavalier. His parents stated he has no cell phone. They attempted contacting his friends but 'no one answered'.

I have not been able to determine if LE or anyone else located the individual?

Agreed. You can see on his facebook, that he regularly updates his status .. It's pretty much a map of where he is / has been. MC isn't even on his friends' list.

Girlfawkes stated in a recent post that Mac was, in fact, friends with him on facebook and myspace. He then deleted her during the second week of the investigation.

Did MC maintain a diary? ... seems odd asking that in the 21st century.

hi all,
i've been reading the threads ever since i saw the link on ww (like most of the fellow newbies) and wanted to say keep up the good work.

this is probably nothing, but with all of the family member/someone close to her theories...

the day before mc's body was found, a reliable source was speaking with a family member of hers (mc) and was very put off by the aloofness of said family member. the family member was chalking up her disappearance to girls being girls and meeting someone on the internet and running away with them and didn't sound too concerned.

after reading all of the threads here, what i was told further struck me because of the attitude of another family member of this poor dear girl.

sorry for the vagueness, this is my first post here and i just want to make sure i do not violate any tos or anything :)

Its not a violation if you just post the initials. That's what the rest of us have been doing...

I think this is may be the case. I just wonder when the time of death was? Sometime between 5:40 and a few minutes before 7 ?? (because the phone was turned off, or destroyed, at approximately at 5:40, and car was parked at PC Rd at around 7.)

There's still the issue of the 911 call about a 17 yr old 'runaway' during the evening previous to when MC went missing. The runaway left a note for his parents. They indicated they did not know where he was heading. He drove away in his Chevy Cavalier. His parents stated he has no cell phone. They attempted contacting his friends but 'no one answered'.

I have not been able to determine if LE or anyone else located the individual?

We really have no idea if this kid even knew Mackenzie though correct? Or is there something I haven't heard? That is very possible :)

Girlfawkes stated in a recent post that Mac was, in fact, friends with him on facebook and myspace. He then deleted her during the second week of the investigation.

If that is indeed true, then that does change things .. hmmm ...

I suspect this crime was sex-oriented. Maybe MC was being forced to do something to someone ... but this time she decided to fight it (one can cause great pain with teeth) and that enraged the perp to do what he eventually did?

I am sorry for posting that .. but I believe it certainly is a possibility.

Possibly MC fought Killer and when he realized what he'd done, he just couldn't continue his sexual act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!