WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again Everyone,

Does anyone know what month MC's BF was born?

Thanks

I am sure this is definitely a rumor but I just heard that they arrested someone. Is there ANY way we can find out if this is true? I figured one of you would be able to find out...

I need a little help. My low post count won't allow me to go back as far as I need to in order to learn what bussiness JF is in and where I might be able to theoretically put an actual name with his initials. Anyone throw me a bone?

I am sure this is definitely a rumor but I just heard that they arrested someone. Is there ANY way we can find out if this is true? I figured one of you would be able to find out...

For sure...these sleuthers are a very clever bunch indeed!!!:clap:

Not too much occuring in the 560 KPQ news report- it was mainly a discussion of prevention and notification of some upcoming self defense classes for teens and women.

No details were discussed of the MC case.

However, the last caller, a male who I missed his name (I was actually doing some work!) called and commented that "this is regarding Mackenizie"... "whoever did this should just turn themselves in. Corporal Minor and those working with him will never give up. Just turn yourself in"

Corporal Minor responded that "we do have an extensive investigation ongoing, including several veteran law enforcement volunteers"

Again, I may be off by a word or so on the quotes, but I'm certain the content is correct.

Something I just remembered... I remember reading on WC's Facebook that she had just returned on Feb. 2nd (around that time) from a trip she took with one of her sons. Her being gone for a period of time would be the perfect opportunity for something to happen between JF and MC. That sure would make what Miss J was saying about it happening a week or so before her disappearance...

Good catch. I think you might be on to something!

Well, I just listened to the news update and there was nothing... FRUSTRATING! I was sooo hoping this was it. :(

Sorry for posting that, I honestly thought there might be some truth in it.

- Most cars made after 1976 have catalytic converters that no matter how much oil they burn, or how rich they run, burn off the exhaust residue. The smoke only appears before the car warms up, once the converter gets hot, it burns off everything. It only takes about a minute after starting for the converter to start doing the job. This is why there are far fewer cars on the road blowing smoke than teher were decades ago. I had a old Buick that did this. If it was cold and you opened it up, the smoke would rollout, once warm, nothing. And it used about a quart every 400 miles... Didn't keep that one long...

snipped

I agree, but if you think about the suspect driving it, he is not gonna give a darn to be gentle on it. So, I would think his driving behavior would cause an abnormal amount of smoke at least before getting warmed up.

Well, I just listened to the news update and there was nothing... FRUSTRATING! I was sooo hoping this was it. :(

Sorry for posting that, I honestly thought there might be some truth in it.

Darn, I was hoping so too! No worries, maybe your next update about an arrest will be true!

Just listened to the local news 2:00 PM on AM 560 and heard nothing about the case- other than the items I posted about the program proceeding.

Heard nothing about an arrest yet. Sure would like to, though...

snipped

I find it interesting that Cpl. Minor refers to "wrapping up" and not discovering, investigating, etc.

This goes to what we have hinted out for a very long time. Police knowing who did it, knowing where it was done, and having enough circumstantial evidence, (videos likely), that they think they don't need anymore. Just waiting and hoping that the suspect messed up at the crime scene or on the body.

PLEASE let it be!

IMOO,
The car was noticed at 7PM, called in as an abandoned car at 8pm. LE didn't rush to check it out right away, they prob arrived around 8:30, checked it over, talked with who reported it and why. At this point LE ran the plates and called the owner (dad), this was prob around 9PMish.

Dad wasn't concerned yet, she has been late before, but now becomes worried. Reasons for being worried, no answer on her cell phone, car left in an area that makes no sense and the keys are locked inside.

Dad is not sure were the spare set of keys are he or knows she keeps them in her purse, which is locked inside. At this point Dad knows something is not right and agrees to have the car towed in.

At this time, no crime has occurred so there is no reason to tow it to a bay. LE thinks just a 17 year old out sowing their oats, dad is hoping that is whats going on.

The funeral was the day before the memorial at TTC. Mackenzie's remains were cremated.:frown:

I am a new poster, but have been reading all sides and opinions of this horrific crime. I have this question to pose...

Why was she cremated? The full results were not back from all the testing. And from what I know of murder investigations having the body cremated is a BIG no, no.

MOO: Someone very close to her was involved, it was a crime of passion which was then attempted to be covered up. I believe more than one person in involved and that MC was not the person who parked the car up PCR. I still can't rule out a stupid teenage accident of some kind though; and then like some of the theories I have read they (being stupid teenagers) decided to try a Dexter type disposal and didn't have the stomach for it. I believe the body and car were both placed deliberately to be found sooner than later.

All of this is my opinion only of course.

I am a new poster, but have been reading all sides and opinions of this horrific crime. I have this question to pose...

Why was she cremated? The full results were not back from all the testing. And from what I know of murder investigations having the body cremated is a BIG no, no.

MOO: Someone very close to her was involved, it was a crime of passion which was then attempted to be covered up. I believe more than one person in involved and that MC was not the person who parked the car up PCR. I still can't rule out a stupid teenage accident of some kind though; and then like some of the theories I have read they (being stupid teenagers) decided to try a Dexter type disposal and didn't have the stomach for it. I believe the body and car were both placed deliberately to be found sooner than later.

All of this is my opinion only of course.

Welcome and thank you for posting. That is a good question you have about the cremation because I have wondered the same thing in the past when I've heard of this happening. Maybe they already have all of the evidence from her body that they'll need and with this evidence they can continue to do tests or go back years later and do tests?

We may be beleaguering a tangential subject, but... I have two points to make, based on my own experience.

I have Pontiac, same year model, and we've towed my car behind my truck using a chain before. Had a problem with the ignition. It's not the best way to move a car, but it's the cheapest. If you look at the photo, you can see that the chain attached to Mackenzie's car's undercarriage is also attached to the undercarriage of the vehicle in front of it. Rollbacks have winches on the bulkheads, at the front of the bed, not on the undercarriage.

Who mentioned a winch mounted on an undercarriage in this case?

My point is, LE would not tow a vehicle long-haul using only a chain.

I drove (did not own; I wish!) an '84 Ford L8000 26' bed in the late '80s, nice rig. It came with an Eaton 2speed on the bed and we attached a 2nd winch to the side frame (undercarriage, if you will :dance:) for low-angle ditch tugs.

And, the 1997 model Pontiacs are known for having crap engines--had plastic valve covers instead of aluminum ones. At least that's what my mechanic told me when mine blew up in Tyler, Texas, several years ago. I bought my car new, and never rode it hard. I was cruising along Interstate 20 at 70 MPH, when BAM!I didn't "beat" my engine... and, surprise! I'm a girl.

:)

Crappy engines? Not really. Common issues with those vehicles did not include *major* engine trouble, but mostly peripheral issues. http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1997-to-2003-pontiac-grand-prix-2.htm

I owned a 1997 for 5 years and still own a 2002 Grand Prix, both GTs. Fine vehicles. Some early/most more-recent Pontiacs were/are shipped with composite valve covers .. better than metal because they do not warp.

Back to Mackenzie, though. The car is undeniably sitting outside in an impound lot. It should have been sealed and placed in a bay.

Even in the Casey Anthony case, hairs, fibers and stains were found MONTHS after her alleged crime... each subsequent investigation of her car turned up new evidence. That's my point. The car should have been sealed at PCR, placed on a rollback, brought to a LE bay, and shut up for as long as it takes to resolve this case. Instead, we see a photo of it out in an impound lot, chained to a vehicle in front of it, which means that someone had to get in Mackenzie's car to steer and brake from behind while the car was being towed by the car in front.

Yup, I agree .. MC's car appears not to have been handled correctly since from discovery to impound, assuming those pix were taken immediately upon arrival from PC and dismount to that yard.

It is possible the vehicle already had been processed but with no apparent dusting powder showing on the vehicle it is unlikely ... ya' never know.

As for the wipers position ... someone was careless, either the perp or an LE rep.

Heavy Rumor alert

Just spoke with a friend , who has a friend who associates with WC. Here is what I was told:

- someone mentioned the case around or to WC in past couple days and she acted in a manner that the associate found somewhat puzzling- like she knew something and was not saying. Kind of like the cat had her tounge. This is the second time I have had someone tell me this.

- someone told this associate that it has been mentioned that killer was someone close to WC and was staying up Blewett Pass with his mother.

Blewett Pass is highway 97 between Peshastin and Cle Ellum, north of Wenatchee on the way to Seattle.

If this is JF, does any one have info if he has relatives in this area?

Again, this is HEAVY RUMOR and may be nothing. I hate being a "rumor monger" but figured some may want to know. My source is not a gossipy type person and only divulged the info after I mentioned the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffanylynne82