WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Killer is a white male, age 40-59, has a pickup, drives fast, and has a hot temper. I don't think Killer planned on murder; he got enraged and violent. I also have a feeling Killer reads here, at WS.
The above is my ESP-gut feeling, that I had about the situation before I even joined WS. This is not fact, nor is it rumor, so please don't repeat it.

I am guessing killer took the car to PC after the murder, and after placing the body at CB. This is also neither, fact, nor rumor...it's my guess.

I picture MC at the boat ramp waiting to meet someone. That someone pulls up and says, "Let's go somewhere else." Even if killer didn't plan to kill at that moment, perhaps he knew that what they would discuss would lead to verbal jousting, and he didn't want to be seen in such a public place with her. So she followed him to where she eventually would be killed. They get to this more private place, talk, words lead to physical confrontation, killer strikes her... and then the rest as I said in my organized vs. disorganized post.

I think Killer is a white male, age 40-59, has a pickup, drives fast, and has a hot temper. I don't think Killer planned on murder; he got enraged and violent. I also have a feeling Killer reads here, at WS.
The above is my ESP-gut feeling, that I had about the situation before I even joined WS. This is not fact, nor is it rumor, so please don't repeat it.

I am guessing killer took the car to PC after the murder, and after placing the body at CB. This is also neither, fact, nor rumor...it's my guess.

Yep... same with me. Gut feeling... though we differ a little bit in what we think happened.

And the fact that LE is being so tight lipped, which could be to the detriment of all of the women of Wenatchee, if there were a killer in their midst who selected an arbitrary victim. But LE knows that killer's selection was not arbitrary. Just waiting on the DNA to come back to make arrest.

I think Sherlock's just saying that it shows a pattern with him, when he's got all three going on at the same time.

He's been living with WC and he's not even filed for divorce from his current wife. Kind of a disregard for social mores.

Regardless, there is still a big difference between violating that kind of social more and murder. Otherwise half our politicians would be on death row.

I keep thinking about the passenger in MC's car, at the car wash, around 3:30-5 pm.(rumor!!)
Then, I think about the neighbor seeing MC's car drive through the neighborhood without seeing/identifying the driver, around 3:45-5 pm.(rumor!) [respectfully snipped]

Nancee, the BBM part is a rumor I hadn't heard before. Can you elaborate a little on the rumor? Like what neighborhood? TIA!

Forgot my manners ....
Welcome aboard, golph and hum!
Nice to have you here! :)

I wonder if he had defensive wounds? ( a new thought for me, just throwing it in).

S&BBM

This caught my eye. May explain why someone might not want to be seen in public places with large crowds, like a memorial service?

respectfuly snipped...

It always seems to come back to JF for me as well.

I think she was dead by the time her car was found. I do too-

I still tentatively think she was killed at CB and her body not disturbed after put in place on the beach. I think this also

I don't think this was premeditated in the classical sense, I think it was a badly thought out situation that got very bad. Again, I agree

I don't think there were any accomplices, not even to move the car. I think the perp walked away from the car and went...? I'm not sure here- I think he may have called someone to pick him up, as by the time the car was dumped he may have been getting a bit frantic and not only needed the ride but someone he felt was "helpful"

I think WC may be keeping her mouth shut right now even if she (sub?)consciously knows or suspects something out of tremendous guilt and denial. I don't think she had anything concrete to do with this. I agree and bet she is beside herself, but struggling with his manipulation at the same time

Just some thoughts.

Great comments. I totally agree with most, as you can see from my comments.

I believe that somehow, JF got MC to meet him or pick him up at the boat launch. Maybe he had a boat down there. Maybe he fishes- the Columbia was open for Steelhead (a large searun trout for those not from the Pacific Northwest) at this time. Maybe he got her in his vehicle, took her or they went in her car. I think they went to CB and he killed her there.

The spec house is a possibility, but I just think it is too open. Not secluded enough.

I think he meant to do her harm before he killed her. I'm not sure when he decided to. He may have intended to before meeting with her- but I think it more likely something didn't go his way and he decided to take her and end her life.

I bet he beat the crap out of her and she wouldnt die. I bet she fought back some at first until he overcame her. I bet he taped that bag we have heard about over her head with the idea of suffocating her while she was likely knocked out from the beating. I he grew impatient as she kept breathing. I bet he then grew furious and stabbed her to death. Likely slit her throat and killed her this way. Probably carried on with rage and kept attacking her post mortem.

I think this occured at Crescent bar. Probably started in the house and may have ended outside.

I'm not sure the role of the spec house. Some type of evidence came from there...

The crime could have happened at another scene we have not yet heard of.

I think he may have left the body either in the house or close before coming back later and placing her outside. He may have driven down and placed her outside Friday night while the candellight vigil was occuring.

I think after the crime- and I'm still not sure if he drove her car with her in it to CB with her, or his own vehicle- he drove the Pontiac out to dump it. He likely took it up PC as it was the first canyon road out that side of town and traffic is fairly light. He probably intended to drive it to the very end of the road, or to the top of the hill- further in- but realized he couldnt get it up there and left it where it was found.

At this point, he likely just wanted to be done with it.

He may have walked back. I think it is likely he walked down to Squilchick rd, a short distance to Methow street and back to town.

I'd bet the minute WC knew MCs car was abandoned and missing she had a suspicion.

I hope LE has as much evidence as we have conjured here that they might.

Nancee, the BBM part is a rumor I hadn't heard before. Can you elaborate a little on the rumor? Like what neighborhood? TIA!

I thought I read that rumor here....the spec house neighborhood. Do you recall reading that, now? I'll look for it.

I hope I don't come across as being impatient, but I really would like to see a copy of the latest poster/flyer that says MC left the hair academy to go on a 15 minute break.

If that was her intention, then maybe something happened to her between 3:00 and 3:40 PM? Maybe it was just MC's car and phone, or just her phone, that was at the boat ramp? A perp could have answered a text with a text at 3:40.

Just speculating.

Great comments. I totally agree with most, as you can see from my comments.

I believe that somehow, JF got MC to meet him or pick him up at the boat launch. Maybe he had a boat down there. Maybe he fishes- the Columbia was open for Steelhead (a large searun trout for those not from the Pacific Northwest) at this time. Maybe he got her in his vehicle, took her or they went in her car. I think they went to CB and he killed her there.

The spec house is a possibility, but I just think it is too open. Not secluded enough.

I think he meant to do her harm before he killed her. I'm not sure when he decided to. He may have intended to before meeting with her- but I think it more likely something didn't go his way and he decided to take her and end her life.

I bet he beat the crap out of her and she wouldnt die. I bet she fought back some at first until he overcame her. I bet he taped that bag we have heard about over her head with the idea of suffocating her while she was likely knocked out from the beating. I he grew impatient as she kept breathing. I bet he then grew furious and stabbed her to death. Likely slit her throat and killed her this way. Probably carried on with rage and kept attacking her post mortem.

I think this occured at Crescent bar. Probably started in the house and may have ended outside.

I'm not sure the role of the spec house. Some type of evidence came from there...

The crime could have happened at another scene we have not yet heard of.

I think he may have left the body either in the house or close before coming back later and placing her outside. He may have driven down and placed her outside Friday night while the candellight vigil was occuring.

I think after the crime- and I'm still not sure if he drove her car with her in it to CB with her, or his own vehicle- he drove the Pontiac out to dump it. He likely took it up PC as it was the first canyon road out that side of town and traffic is fairly light. He probably intended to drive it to the very end of the road, or to the top of the hill- further in- but realized he couldnt get it up there and left it where it was found.

At this point, he likely just wanted to be done with it.

He may have walked back. I think it is likely he walked down to Squilchick rd, a short distance to Methow street and back to town.

I'd bet the minute WC knew MCs car was abandoned and missing she had a suspicion.

I hope LE has as much evidence as we have conjured here that they might.

You and I see this pretty similarly. I'm settled on it being JF. I'll be shocked if it isn't.

Regardless, there is still a big difference between violating that kind of social more and murder. Otherwise half our politicians would be on death row.

Respectfully- we are talking about more than one social more and issue with this guy- There is multiple suggestion by behavior of his lack of social conscience.

Just one, or even a couple of thes instances is possibly excusable- but all of these?

Divorce- Yes- proven
Attempted tax cheat- Yes- prove
Business practice issues- Yes- sued dozens of times

Then there are the rumors...anger management and domestic violence...

Seems like a real winner

If I had heard something good about him to balance out everything else, I'd likely cut him some slack. I have not. Not ONE thing.

Operating strictly within the confines of websleuths, based on what we have discussed here, I think absolutely nothing good of this individual. I have no reason to.

I'm not stating this to be offensive- I'm just stating my opinion.

snipped part I wrote... respectfully :)

do you think maybe if the scent dogs were where he body was do you think they could track scent to where killer is?

Not sure I entirely understand the question. But I'll give it a try:

There is a story of a scent dog and handler team that was good enough to scent an abducted girl who was taken and driven by car on the freeway. The dog and handler would get out at each exit ramp and see if the dog picked up the scent again. It did this numerous times until the dog "hit" on an exit ramp that was quite isolated. LE focused the search off this exit ramp and found the missing girl, (sadly she was already deceased). Going from memory I probably have many facts wrong, but I believe that was the just of it.

In this situation, with so many avenues of escape and the likelihood, (in my mind), of the suspects having a 3 day head start from the CB location, it just isn't possibly even with the best of dog and handler teams. Even if the suspect had dropped the body there hours before it was found, the location would have had to have been wrapped up tight immediately, with only maybe one or two people getting close enough to view the body before the dog and handler arrived. Now if that happens and the dog can pick up a good scent, who knows? A good tracking dog can keep that exact scent for days and even differentiate it from all others it comes across. It's just the number of locations, cross-roads and intersection that would have to be attempted in and around the Wenatchee area make this impossible. Now, if the suspect drove towards Quincy, now that would be another story and maybe the dog I talked about in the above story could have done. But that was also an EXCEPTIONAL tracking dog, (and handler).

Also, if, IF, the dog got a good scent and there was a line up of murder suspects I believe the dog could easily pick out the suspect, (if he was even in the line up). But this procedure would be just asking for police manipulation to make sure they "got their man" at any cost, (even if he was truly innocent).

Police have a good procedure when they get a car prowl or someone chasing a burglary suspect off, (do a few night ride alongs and you might get to see what I mean). Depending on the perceived danger level, only one officer might contact the victim and insure their safety, therefore scene isn't contaminated with scents. Other officers might park blocks away setting up a perimeter at intersections and alleys and such, (how large depends on how fast they get set up, the first arriving officer is the one who generally tells arriving officers where to go to set up). All those leaving the perimeter are questioned and documented, (remember this is usually happening between 2 and 4 in the morning). The next officer allowed inside the perimeter is the dog and handler. The track begins. And they often do catch the bad guys using this method.

As a sidenote: There is also a scoundrel handler who claims to pick up scent months old and even in trees. He advertises his services to grieving families grasping at straws.

You and I see this pretty similarly. I'm settled on it being JF. I'll be shocked if it isn't.

Me too.

However, we are just going off the limited fact we have and a mixed bag of speculation and rumor. A couple of new facts being uncovered could change things.

I don't see things changing, though. I hope they nail this soon.

Does anyone know when the RUMORED visits by the police where made to the various local stores? Was it very soon after Mackenzie was found or after the autopsy was completed? this may give us a better idea as to whether the killer left items behind. I keep thinking of the figure 8 in spray paint...what was there?

Not sure I entirely understand the question. But I'll give it a try:

There is a story of a scent dog and handler team that was good enough to scent a abducted girl who was taken and driven by car on the freeway. The dog and handler would get out at each exit ramp and see if the dog picked up the scent again. It did this numerous times until the dog "hit" on an exit ramp that was quite isolated. LE focused the search off this exit ramp and found the missing girl, (sadly she was already deceased). Going from memory I probably have many facts wrong, but I believe that was the just of it.

In this situation, with so many avenues of escape and the likelihood, (in my mind), of the suspects having a 3 day head start from the CB location, it just isn't possibly even with the best of dog and handler teams. Even if the suspect had dropped the body there hours before it was found, the location would have had to have been wrapped up tight immediately, with only maybe one or two people getting close enough to view the body before the dog and handler arrived. Now if that happens and the dog can pick up a good scent, who knows? A good tracking dog can keep that exact scent for days and even differentiate it from all others it comes across. It's just the number of locations, cross-roads and intersection that would have to be attempted in and around the Wenatchee area make this impossible. Now, if the suspect drove towards Quincy, now that would be another story and maybe the dog I talked about in the above story could have done. But that was also an EXCEPTIONAL tracking dog, (and handler).

Also, if, IF, the dog got a good scent and there was a line up of murder suspects I believe the dog could easily pick out the suspect, (if he was even in the line up). But this procedure would be just asking for police manipulation to make sure they "got their man" at any cost, (even if he was truly innocent).

Police have a good procedure when they get a car prowl or someone chasing a burglary suspect off, (do a few night ride alongs and you might get to see what I mean). Depending on the perceived danger level, only one officer might contact the victim and insure their safety, therefore scene isn't contaminated with scents. Other officers might park blocks away setting up a perimeter at intersections and alleys and such, (how large depends on how fast they get set up, the first arriving officer is the one who generally tells arriving officers where to go to set up). All those leaving the perimeter are questioned and documented, (remember this is usually happening between 2 and 4 in the morning). The next officer allowed inside the perimeter is the dog and handler. The track begins. And they often do catch the bad guys using this method.

As a sidenote: There is also a scoundrel handler who claims to pick up scent months old and even in trees. He advertises his services to grieving families grasping at straws.

that's really close to what i was asking. pretty smart dogs

Does anyone know when the RUMORED visits by the police where made to the various local stores? Was it very soon after Mackenzie was found or after the autopsy was completed? this may give us a better idea as to whether the killer left items behind. I keep thinking of the figure 8 in spray paint...what was there?

It wasn't a figure 8...IIRC it was stated to be the letter "B".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07