WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and don't forget, no TOD!

ETA: Other than day of disappearance

Yeah, good one. Such an important bit of info.

In that vein, I wonder if WW is holding back some details on the death certificate. What is the typical info that they include?

Yeah, good one. Such an important bit of info.

In that vein, I wonder if WW is holding back some details on the death certificate. What is the typical info that they include?

I was incorrect, it was the day found, Feb, 13th. All the more questionable.

I sure would love to know *who* (Mac or her b/f) initiated that last text exchange. Sure would be nice to have that little factoid! (I'd also love to know if it began with "Hey, what's up" or just "Hey".)

According to the following, the last text exchange was apparently initiated by MC's bf.

From the following WW article in the timeline on the left hand column (bbm):

3:40 p.m. Feb. 9: Cell tower records show that the last activities on Cowell’s cell phone came from the boat launch area of Riverfront Park near the foot of Orondo Avenue. The last activities were an incoming text message from Cowell’s boyfriend and an outgoing message to him. Both said, “Hey.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/06/internet-detectives-ferret-out-clues-in-cowell/

I can not wrap my mind around the "gang theory"! I don't know of any thugs that are this smart.....

It seems to me that with the short time span for the physical part of the murder, this had to be planned!

It seems, to me, to be more than just planned. It seems like it was RESEARCHED quite thuroughly.

If it was just a spur of the moment thing, there would be much more physical evidence!

I wonder if LE has searched JF's house/computer?

I had a friend murdered many years ago, and it ended up that the murderer had been studying litature/articles on the internet in depth for quite sometime before.

LE knows. There is no doubt in my mind!

REWARD FUND now up to $50,000!

509-663-9911

Source: KXLY news

Thanks for this. Do you have a link? The last article I saw that discussed the boyfriend, the article stated he was 17. This has always been very confusing for me.

Thanks,

Salem

I don't have a link but I originally heard gosh probably like a couple days after her body was found about who her boyfriend was. I initially was suspicious of him but he has no record and I heard from someone who is his myspace friend that he has put out public pleas to find this killer. No one else in MC's life has even done this so I think this guy is truly innocent and heartbroken.

It was confirmed by people who knew him that he was sitting in the front row at the memorial service next to RC's fiancee. People also said he was the only one sobbing continuously throughout the service.

Makes Jones & Co look silly. And inept. MOO

Makes me wonder if that is the point, and possibly the point of any "leaks" by LE... Maybe to make the POI feel more comfortable and relax his guard, do something stupid, like say, toss out a smashed cell phone, or try to bury some bloody clothes, etc

What if the bf was involved and had someone send the simple "Hey" text message from his phone somewhere far away from where her car was found. Maybe he had heard about phone pings and knew that if someone sent that text to her phone from his, the phone would ping far away from where her car was found..

I do find the simple Hey exchange between a bf and gf a little strange, and no other follow up text messages that we have heard of. If her bf sent her a hey message and she said hey back, and then nothing else from her, would he not text her again to find out why she just responded with Hey and nothing more after.

I kind of think the task force is full of crap on this one. I mean really. It would have been a simple matter to have the death certificate temporarily sealed by a judge's order, and they didn't do so. I think the WW was more than accommodating to LE.

The comments on secrecy on KPQ? Jeeze. This has been going around for weeks, anyway. Most of us already "knew" that all these methods were employed in some fashion. And ruling out a false confession or including a suspect, goodness. There really isn't that much info there. No info on type of stabbing item, type of stab wounds or amount, no info on blunt force item or amount, no info on order of assault methods. No info on duration.

Me too. Stop being lazy and have it freakin sealed if its that important! I'm almost feeling like they are enjoying keeping this information from the public and having this power because this makes absolutely no sense to me.

What if the bf was involved and had someone send the simple "Hey" text message from his phone somewhere far away from where her car was found. Maybe he had heard about phone pings and knew that if someone sent that text to her phone from his, the phone would ping far away from where her car was found..

I do find the simple Hey exchange between a bf and gf a little strange, and no other follow up text messages that we have heard of. If her bf sent her a hey message and she said hey back, and then nothing else from her, would he not text her again to find out why she just responded with Hey and nothing more after.

<Bold type above by me>

I had been wondering about that, as well. I have been assuming all along that LE was withholding any further info regarding correspondence following that text message. IDK?

BTW: Like your tag line.

First of all, I have to say that I was very suspicious of the bf from the get go and was on his back about all of this too, I probably suspected him more than anyone else out there. But I did a lot more digging and am fully convinced he had nothing to do with it. I could turn out to be wrong but I have been so obsessed with this case and have followed and researched like crazy and there is nothing that points to him and here is why:

1. He doesn't fit the profile, ie no criminal, traffic any kind of record whatsoever.

2. He was sitting by RC at the memorial service. RC was the closest to MC so if he had any inkling that the bf did this, he would not allow this guy to sit right next to him with his fiancee comforting him.

3. His myspace profile says "I will always love you Kenzie" and he has put out pleas to find the killer to his myspace friends.

I thought the texts were weird at first but think about this. It was stated that MC broke up with him shortly before all of this. MOO: I think he was heartbroken but didn't want to show it too much. MC was sitting in her car at the boat launch waiting for whomever she was meeting and texted him with "hey, what's up?" and he texts back with "hey" and then the person MC is meeting shows up so she doesn't text any more. He's not going to text any more either because he doesn't want to seem desperate. Think about a guy who has been dumped and feels unwanted by a girl. He's not going to keep texting her.

According to the following, the last text exchange was apparently initiated by MC's bf.

From the following WW article in the timeline on the left hand column (bbm):

3:40 p.m. Feb. 9: Cell tower records show that the last activities on Cowell’s cell phone came from the boat launch area of Riverfront Park near the foot of Orondo Avenue. The last activities were an incoming text message from Cowell’s boyfriend and an outgoing message to him. Both said, “Hey.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/06/internet-detectives-ferret-out-clues-in-cowell/

Then there's the Seattle Times report, which states Mackenzie initiated the text messaging with, "Hey, what's up?":

Wenatchee High School senior Mackenzie Cowell sent a single text message to her boyfriend last Tuesday afternoon: "Hey, what's up?" it said.

I'd just love to know for sure!

My guess is there were three female assailants, each requiring the other to participate to assure silence (3 modes of violence). The order of events from the death certificate as reported by the WW was strangulation, stabbing and bft as a contributing factor. MC was 5'10" which is tall for a girl. If this was committed by girls -- orchestrated by the bf -- it would take more than two to subdue her, especially if the girls were shorter than MC (as most of them would be). Whether this occurred in a car, or building of some sort, I would guess that one person was behind her (back seat or while walking into a room) and strangled her while the second stabbed her in the neck possibly at the height of her extended arm, and after she fell the other girl hit her. If you were going to do this deed using girls you would want to make sure she didn't get away. Two girls couldn't guarantee that.

My tip for the day: I think some of y'all might want to read the admonition included in the first post of this thread! And edit posts accordingly. :cool:

Then there's the Seattle Times report, which states Mackenzie initiated the text messaging with, "Hey, what's up?":

Wenatchee High School senior Mackenzie Cowell sent a single text message to her boyfriend last Tuesday afternoon: "Hey, what's up?" it said.

I'd just love to know for sure!

Yes, I was confused by the SeaTimes reporting the contents of the text awhile back, too. I'm not convinced it is accurate, though. They likely picked up the news on the wire, I don't think they have a reporter following the case. I tend to think that the local news is the guard of the media gate. Which, is evidenced by the WW articles published today that have spread like fire over the wires. Every outlet tries to make the story a little bit more of "their own."

I can not wrap my mind around the "gang theory"! I don't know of any thugs that are this smart.....

It seems to me that with the short time span for the physical part of the murder, this had to be planned!

It seems, to me, to be more than just planned. It seems like it was RESEARCHED quite thuroughly.

If it was just a spur of the moment thing, there would be much more physical evidence!

I wonder if LE has searched JF's house/computer?

I had a friend murdered many years ago, and it ended up that the murderer had been studying litature/articles on the internet in depth for quite sometime before.

LE knows. There is no doubt in my mind!

I recently read "Book of the Dead" by Patricia Cornwell. This case reminds me a lot of the book in some ways. The moving of the body and 'placing' it somewhere else. The possibility of using the water/river to wash away evidence.

Just odd - some of the correlations.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members