WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.q13fox.com/pages/news_st...Missing-In-Tenino=1&blockID=246474&feedID=144

news article 3/23/9. Police say that when husband brought children home Sun. night
there was a cigarette burning.
That would mean Nancy disappeared within 15 minutes of their arrival.
Or someone else did.?
Nancy reportedly never smoked in the house.

Im not sure what to make of the cigarette burning,i know how media can twist things. This is the first i have heard that. I did however find another article about her this morning but it does not say anything about that.

Where Is Nancy? Mother of Two Vanishes

Police Leaning Toward Wash. Mother's Disappearance as Homicide 'Without the Body

While police haven't ruled out anything, including the possibility that Moyer ran away, Thurston County Sheriff's Lt. Chris Mealy said the evidence has him leaning toward the likelihood of foul play
"I think something happened to her somewhere," he said Monday. "What we're basically doing is conducting a homicide investigation without the body."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7151744&page=1

If there was a cigarette burning, I'd lean towards she heard something outside/down the block, and ran down to check thinking it was her husband/kids- since she was expecting them.

In one of the above articles it said bloodhounds went down the block to the highway, then stopped. Something could have happened to her on that road. Maybe someone picked her up?

IMO, it sounds like LE has some info besides the obvious that's pointing them towards homicide.

I wonder what kind of cigs she smoked? I know alot of cigs are now treated with stuff that cause the cigs to go out in less than a minute if they aren't puffed on. My brand started that in the past 3 months and it's annoying. I swear mine go out if not puffed on every 20 seconds.

Here's another article I found:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510313,00.html

I think the article about the burning cigarette is incorrect. If that's true, it changes the whole investigation and she went missing just before the ex showed up with the girls.

On the other board, the co-worker's said that she did not show up for the date with the other co-worker on Saturday night.

They are saying that at this point they should change the wording in the reward. It states "for her safe return". They think if they change it to "any info on her whereabouts" some druggie/and or person will turn someone in for the reward money if they know anything.

If the husband did make the statement the cig was still burning, it could be him throwing off the timeline that everything was ok up until Sunday night to alibi himself. If Nancy missed a date Saturday night, then she was probably gone by then. So how could she have been smoking on the front porch on Sunday night? That would put the timeline of what happened between Friday night and Saturday night. What's the husband's alibi during that time? I'm reminded of Drew Peterson and his ex-wife Kathleen being murdered while he had his kids that weekend.

I wonder if there was any online activity. Has anyone located a facebook or anything for her? A last sign in date? Of course that can messed with by anyone able to sign in.

If the husband did make the statement the cig was still burning, it could be him throwing off the timeline that everything was ok up until Sunday night to alibi himself. If Nancy missed a date Saturday night, then she was probably gone by then. So how could she have been smoking on the front porch on Sunday night? That would put the timeline of what happened between Friday night and Saturday night. What's the husband's alibi during that time? I'm reminded of Drew Peterson and his ex-wife Kathleen being murdered while he had his kids that weekend.

That's true. I don't know. That article was the only one that stated a cigarette was burning.

It does remind you of ole' Drew doesn't it?

I wonder if there was any online activity. Has anyone located a facebook or anything for her? A last sign in date? Of course that can messed with by anyone able to sign in.

I haven't read anything anywhere about any on-line activity for her SuziQ. I have only read that she had no cell phone.

The co-worker who allegedly had a date with Nancy Saturday night is a very interesting lead. He claims she just never showed up.........how many times have we heard that one. The co-worker who has been posting on the other forum said that the thing about him that strikes her as really weird right now is the fact that he knows she works in the same department as Nancy yet he has not mentioned it at all to her.

A couple co-workers posting are defending Matt by saying, in effect, he is a flamboyant, emotional person and his over-the-top blog posts are just his way of dealing with this and that he is still in denial about what the reality of this situation is.

I sent the poster a message and told her about our thread here at WS in hopes she may come and join us too. Having worked with these people for years her insights are interesting.

Thanks gaia, I hope she comes here too. local people with inside info have so much to offer. I wonder if she'll be able to add some insight into Nancy's relationship with her ex husband?

That is a great idea,i hope she joins to. According to reports the husband has been cleared and he is not a suspect. I know sometimes to that does not matter.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I have found nothing on line at all.
No myspace. No facebook.

I wonder if LE found anything on her computer, such as a dating service, or matchmaker service.

------------------------------------------------------------------
SuziQ;
I read the article that LE found the cigarette still burning, when they came in to search the house.
In an earlier article, the husband said, the door was ajar and the girls ran into the house to find their mom.
When they didn't find her, he called the police.

I just it odd or interesting that there was only one news article that mentioned a cigarette burning.
I think I will email and see if that is fact or not.

The quote about the cigarette still burning is a misquote. Every news report except this one says that her cigarettes and lighter were sitting on the porch. Fox News just added still burning for dramatic effect.

She didn't have a home computer or cell phone either.

The quote about the cigarette still burning is a misquote. Every news report except this one says that her cigarettes and lighter were sitting on the porch. Fox News just added still burning for dramatic effect.

She didn't have a home computer or cell phone either.

It's almost inconceivable that someone in the Pacific Northwest doesn't have a cell phone or a home computer!
I'm inclined to agree that the burning cigarette may be misinformation. I'm just waiting for SuziQ's follow-up.
Welcome to WS, commentary!

I just watched NG. I'm so glad she mentioned Nancy on her show. Thanks to whomever emailed NG. I don't remember where I read that someone did, either here or the other board. But I know somebody did post about it.

Regardless, awesome idea and bless you :takeabow:

It's almost inconceivable that someone in the Pacific Northwest doesn't have a cell phone or a home computer!
I'm inclined to agree that the burning cigarette may be misinformation. I'm just waiting for SuziQ's follow-up.
Welcome to WS, commentary!
----------------------------------------------------------------
OT; I know.
I live in the Pacific NW. I do not have a cell phone. But then I do not have any children at home any more.
But, I do have a computer. Obviously.
I have to say most of my friends have a cell and a computer.

I just watched NG. I'm so glad she mentioned Nancy on her show. Thanks to whomever emailed NG. I don't remember where I read that someone did, either here or the other board. But I know somebody did post about it.

Regardless, awesome idea and bless you :takeabow:
----------------------------------------------------------
I saw NG. Was very glad to see Nancy's story on there. I hope it brings in some clues.

Did anyone find out if the burning cigarette was true info. or not?
I will email the newspaper.

I wonder if the coworker was at the convenience store with her when she stopped. I also wonder if his wife was home at the time or anyone else who could vouch for him.

If no one was home that can corroborate when he arrived home exactly... I wonder if he went to Nancy's for a glass of wine and things got out of hand??? moo of course....

His statement about "unplugging the phone" was creepy!!!!!!!!! Wonder if her phone was actually unplugged????

I'm a little behind here but Matthew lives in Olympia where they work and Nancy lives in Tenino which is a ways away. When she stopped at the store that was in Tenino. Tenino is a very small town out in the country. She probably just gives Matthew a ride to work and home when he needs one. Him going to her place would be way out of her way.

It sounds like Matthew and his wife are both friends of Nancy. Many women have males for close friends. Two of my daughters would rather have had males for close friends then females. I personally think that Matthew and Nancy are just good friends.

There have been times when I have just wanted to unplug or turn off my phone. Especially after a rough day. Sometimes we are just to tired to talk anymore and just don't want to be bothered by anyone.

Tenino isn't far from where I grew up. I didn't know Nancy's family but I hope that she is found soon. Time is hurrying by with no sign of Nancy. My heart goes out to her little girls and family.

----------------------------------------------------------------
OT; I know.
I live in the Pacific NW. I do not have a cell phone. But then I do not have any children at home any more.
But, I do have a computer. Obviously.
I have to say most of my friends have a cell and a computer.

I live in the Pacific NW too and just got a cell phone thanks to my granddaughter! She got tired of not being able to get ahold of me...bless her heart. I can easily do without a cell though. I hate getting calls when I'm in a store or driving, etc. They are good for emergencys on the road though:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back