WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed, it's not safe for children in every family to be reunified.

I'm still not over the Susan Powell case and the travesty of what that state allowed to be done to her children. Anyone with half a brain could predict that their father was not going to be ok with the custody decision, and that one social worker should not have been alone to supervise a visit AT HIS HOME. Still very angry over that.
I followed the story from the time Susan was reported missing, to the horrific comptely avoidable axed up, inferno ending. I'm still traumatized by it. So much failure from those in power over Braden,and Charlie's lives. So little accountability. They don't care they know $98 Mill will magically appear out of nowhere to cover for their failure. While using the same old excuse time,and time again that there's not enough $$$$$$ blah,blah,blah. MOO

I can't even write what I am thinking when I see these poor sweet babies missing and supposedly the people who gave life to her have no idea where she is.

"Deputies said the parents did not know where the child was, and neither could they provide reasonable explanation as to where she was."
and
"Deputies say the girl’s parents Jordan Bowers, 32 and Andrew Carlson, 36, were both being held on suspicion of manslaughter. A judge set bail at $150,000, citing the severity of the allegations in the case."

Parents of Grays Harbor County girl, 5, held after child goes missing, sheriff's

I assume since the "parents" have been arrested they can be sluthed?

Parents in custody for manslaughter, former foster parents plea for safe return of Oakville 5-year-old

SBBM
  • Neighbors said they had not seen Oakley in quite some time.
  • ...noticed the school bus had stopped coming around.
  • ...concerned citizen called in a welfare check, which led to her being reported missing.
  • ...circumstances of her disappearance are suspicious, and her parents, Jordan Bowers and Andrew Carlson, are in police custody for investigation of manslaughter.
  • Deputies, state patrol and the FBI are now involved in the investigation.
  • JJH, who raised Oakley from when she was seven months old until a week before her third birthday, said she feared that something bad would happen – but never this. "We told them several times this wasn’t a safe decision," said H. "We begged them – ‘please don’t let her go back, please don’t let her go back.’" "They made a mistake," said H. "A big mistake. I told them in my last letter it was going to be on their shoulders if something happens to her."
  • Anyone with information on Oakley or her whereabouts is urged to call the sheriff's office at (360) 533-8765 and ask to speak to a deputy, or call Detective Sgt. Paul Logan at (360) 964-1729 or email sodetectives@co.grays-harbor.wa.us

Surely the school should have been aware there were potential issues in the home? I don't know their connection or responsibility but if the school bus was cancelled that means that someone had to have done it (her parents?) and if so, why wasn't it questioned by school authorities? How long had it been since it stopped coming and where was poor Oakley supposed to be?

Surely the school should have been aware there were potential issues in the home? I don't know their connection or responsibility but if the school bus was cancelled that means that someone had to have done it (her parents?) and if so, why wasn't it questioned by school authorities? How long had it been since it stopped coming and where was poor Oakley supposed to be?
Where the Hell has CPS been all this time?????? They just throw the little Angel back in the situation,against fair,and ample warnings,and signs of danger. Then wash their hands. No follow up, no wellfare checks, nada, zilch, nothing. Grrrrrr.

Where the Hell has CPS been all this time?????? They just throw the little Angel back in the situation,against fair,and ample warnings,and signs of danger. Then wash their hands. No follow up, no wellfare checks, nada, zilch, nothing. Grrrrrr.
Pretty much how it works. They will usually check up on them for 6 months.

Why do these addicts want these children back? Is it because they get money from the state? You would think if they were under the influence they wouldn't want kids around mucking up their life style.
Anyone who has children taken off them and wanting their children back should have random weekly tests until that child becomes of age. If you are found positive
Then you lose your rights forever. MOO

It seems more and more children have lost their lives lately. Children's services have let a lot of these children down in greater numbers since covid. I think a lot of bad parents used the time period to do what they wanted to these children because they knew CPS were not giving their regular visits. Star hobson and Arthur Labinjo-Hughes trials speaks volumes.

I know Oakley doesn't really come under the covid period but CPS surely let her down by giving her back to her parents.

It seems more and more children have lost their lives lately. Children's services have let a lot of these children down in greater numbers since covid. I think a lot of bad parents used the time period to do what they wanted to these children because they knew CPS were not giving their regular visits. Star hobson and Arthur Labinjo-Hughes trials speaks volumes.

I know Oakley doesn't really come under the covid period but CPS surely let her down by giving her back to her parents.

Because there has been a big push to reunify and recently an even bigger push. That's the big word that they use over and over. Stop taking kids from their parents and adopting them out. Get their parents help and send the kids back. That is the whole goal.
COVID did create some extra challenges with finding Foster homes and created a huge backlog of case hearings and they pushed to reunify kids even faster. Many Foster parents (myself included) had a very rough time through the pandemic. Home schooling was a nightmare. The biggest issue for me was even though everyone was in lockdown, I was still required to send my foster child to in person visits with less than safe parents and I was not comfortable with that. My child was returned to a really bad situation exactly 1 year ago and I have not taken a child since. I was told that even though were we in a lockdown the parents had a right to see their child. It's always about the parents rights. I asked if I had rights to be protected and safe from COVID and was looked at like I was being ridiculous and uncooperative. There is so much involved in this. There are times when DCYF is against reunification and the judge grants it anyways. DCYF has to present their case to the judge, but ultimately the judge has the final say. I don't know the exact circumstances in Oakley's case. I do know the foster parents said they begged DCYF not to send her back to the parents. They had this child the majority of her life. I'm heartbroken for them.

Something has to change.
It shouldn't have taken a member of the public to ask for a welfare check in this particular case. IMO.
Right? If she was in school at some point, why didn’t the school report her absence to the authorities? Obviously CPS had previously been involved. And yet here we are. Again.

Right? If she was in school at some point, why didn’t the school report her absence to the authorities? Obviously CPS had previously been involved. And yet here we are. Again.

Did anyone inform the school that this child was in foster care prior? She was too young to be in school during the time she was in foster care. The parents could have told them they were moving or something. I have a feeling (and this is just MOO) that it wasn't a neighbor, but someone closer to the family that called.

There is a Jordan Leigh Bowers Facebook page that shows photos of them looking much healthier. The last one is from a year ago. This is how they probably presented when the reunification happened.

Yes, I saw those. It's so very sad what drugs do to people. But I also know that it's extremely hard to get off and stay off. It's the children who suffer and they are the ones we need to protect.

Where is Oakley Carlson? Search amps up for missing 5-year-old as parents remain uncooperative

The mystery of it all was made worse with investigators now looking into a fire that happened at the couple’s home in mid-November. A account was set up by a friend of the couple, showing the damage to the home. It explained the parents didn’t call 911 because they couldn’t find their phones.

"It’s unusual that a fire department wasn’t called, I would say," Johansson said.

But Jamie Jo did call the Department of Children Youth and Families (DCYF) right before Thanksgiving to express concerns about Oakley when she saw the account. The account is no longer active.

"If no one has seen her, what could have happened to her? Was it the fire? Was it something else,"
Jamie Jo asked.

The foster parents say they called DCYF not just last month, but in January of 2021 when they became suspicious after getting some news about Oakley.

I really think we need to work on some across the board standards for CPS because some states fail in more epic ways than others. In my neck of the woods, if a child misses an excessive amount of school CPS is called. So what did the parents tell the school?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back