WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
APR 1, 2022
Oakley Carlson's foster mom says she raised red flags about biological parents years before girl went missing | Fox News
The former foster parents of missing Washington 6-year-old Oakley Carlson said they reached out to state authorities a half-dozen times to raise concerns about the girl’s biological parents before police discovered she’d vanished late last year.

[...]

Hiles provided a series of purported emails in which she and her husband, Erik Hiles, raised concerns over Oakley’s circumstances with state child welfare officials – who she accused of ignoring her warnings before Oakley was returned to her parents’ custody.

"I am writing to you to document that if something is to happen to those children, and I have tried multiple times to help them, that CPS and DCYF are at fault and will not only be in huge legal trouble, but the public relations fallout of not PROTECTING those children will be massive," she wrote on Nov. 18, 2021.

Hiles-email-1-1.jpg
Hiles-email-2.jpg
Hiles-email-3.jpg
1d96d169-Hiles-email-4.jpg

[...]

"The upstairs caught fire and the parents ‘couldn’t find their phones’ to call 911, so instead, they fought the fires themselves (for hours per the ) and then didn’t report the fire for two weeks," she wrote in an email to two DCYF employees on Nov. 18, 2021. "While I am not an investigator, I find this odd and very dangerous."

[...]

Hiles also said she had reached out to Gov. Jay Inslee’s office to request an outside investigation into the DCYF’s handling of Oakley’s custody case, however the governor’s general counsel had no record of such a request.

"They need to investigate, because something obviously is very wrong with an agency that doesn’t listen to warnings about children and child abuse," Hiles said. "That is terrifying to me."

She said she also made two calls to child protective services after Oakley was out of her care but received no response.

[...]

Evidentiary hearing for mother of missing girl Oakley Carlson underway

OAKVILLE, Wash. — The evidentiary hearing for Jordan Bowers, the mother of missing 5-year-old girl Oakley Carlson, regarding the abandonment and endangerment charges concerning Oakley’s brother and sister, begins Friday morning.

UPDATE: JORDAN JUST PLEAD GUILTY. She took a plea deal for her current charges.

Sentencing Hearing: Friday 4/22 at 10AM

All other hearings are stricken. There will be NO trial.

Evidentiary hearing for mother of missing girl Oakley Carlson underway

OAKVILLE, Wash. — The evidentiary hearing for Jordan Bowers, the mother of missing 5-year-old girl Oakley Carlson, regarding the abandonment and endangerment charges concerning Oakley’s brother and sister, begins Friday morning.

UPDATE: JORDAN JUST PLEAD GUILTY. She took a plea deal for her current charges.

Sentencing Hearing: Friday 4/22 at 10AM

All other hearings are stricken. There will be NO trial.

She makes me sick!
:rolleyes:

AC got 12 months with credit for time served. He'll be free in August. She will likely get more (up to 20 months) since she has several priors. And then what? Give those poor kids back to them again? I won't be surprised. Also, the SW that was kids' caseworker before is their caseworker now. (If that gives us a clue as to how it's going to go)

APR 8, 2022
Mother of Missing Oakville Girl Faces Up to 20 Months in Prison After Accepting Plea Deal | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
Jordan Bowers, the biological mother of missing 5-year-old Oakville girl Oakley Carlson, entered Alford pleas Friday to two counts of child endangerment with a controlled substance, allowing her to take advantage of a plea deal without admitting guilt.

Bowers faces 15 to 20 month jail sentences on each charge.

A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for 10 a.m. on April 22.

[...]

APR 8, 2022
Mother of Missing Oakville Girl Faces Up to 20 Months in Prison After Accepting Plea Deal | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
Jordan Bowers, the biological mother of missing 5-year-old Oakville girl Oakley Carlson, entered Alford pleas Friday to two counts of child endangerment with a controlled substance, allowing her to take advantage of a plea deal without admitting guilt.

Bowers faces 15 to 20 month jail sentences on each charge.

A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for 10 a.m. on April 22.

[...]
Alford Pleas :confused:
So what's happening in regards to Oakley? Is LE going to file charges related to her disappearance or not?

Thanks Pommy. I'm glad the other children have been removed and are hopefully living a far better life. But it struck me wrong, that no action has been taken on Oakley's behalf. I understand the court system, the DA's need for a solid case to gain a conviction, I get it. But IMO, when a child goes missing, and a parent has not reported said child is missing. It should automatically prompt a convictable offense of some sort. Most of the civilized world knows where their child is at all times, we don't lose them. I'm so frustrated with social services and the court system - children are needlessly dying. Why is this happening?

Can't they be charged with something because of their missing child? Can they just shrug and say 'I don't know what happened?' :mad:

Anything preventing them from having more babies in a year or 2 when they are released from mandatory summer camp?

Can't they be charged with something because of their missing child? Can they just shrug and say 'I don't know what happened?' :mad:

Anything preventing them from having more babies in a year or 2 when they are released from mandatory summer camp?

I've noticed cases where a judge ordered birth control, but that order probably could not extend past parole/probation?

And -- oh yes, our blind child needed medication, but we just blew that off NBD, right? Someone elses' fault, of course.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

jmho ymmv lrr

AC got 12 months with credit for time served. He'll be free in August. She will likely get more (up to 20 months) since she has several priors. And then what? Give those poor kids back to them again? I won't be surprised. Also, the SW that was kids' caseworker before is their caseworker now. (If that gives us a clue as to how it's going to go)
WTH? They are just Hellbent on destroying children. They should never ever be anywhere near any children,or animals,or even a pet rock. The caseworker ought to be in a cell right with them. I hope the judge in charge of their little lives has a backbone,and severs all ties. MOO

Court-ordered contraception would probably be found unconstitutional. It’s dangerously close to eugenics/forced sterilization as well. (Related rhetorical question: can a defendant be forced to abort a pregnancy when contraception fails?)

The Charley Project has recently been updated.
Oakley Lynn Carlson – The Charley Project

Every now and then I come across a case in the Charley Project that is troubling. But this time. A 4 year old child? Who does stuff like this?

I don't often think "Dear God..." when reading Charley Project case descriptions, but this one made me do so.

"The child's younger brother remembered Jordan beating Oakley with a belt and confining her to a closet, and said he had been worried that his sister would starve. He mentioned the fire and said when it happened, everyone got out of the house okay except Oakley."

I don't often think "Dear God..." when reading Charley Project case descriptions, but this one made me do so.

"The child's younger brother remembered Jordan beating Oakley with a belt and confining her to a closet, and said he had been worried that his sister would starve. He mentioned the fire and said when it happened, everyone got out of the house okay except Oakley."
This was actually Oakley's older half-brother who said this. He is old enough to know what he is talking about IMHO. Her younger brother is only 2.

APR 13, 2022
In the Fifth Gathering to Support Oakley Carlson, Area Residents Want Answers | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
[...]

Count 5-year old AW among the Grays Harbor residents who are angry about the fact Oakley hasn't been found and that she went missing in the first place.

AW showed the bellowing crowd who showed up on Saturday, April 9, how much she cares about finding Oakley. Through a bullhorn, she chanted her heart out with a simple message of "Where is Oakley?"

Her mother, JW, beamed with pride about her daughter's will to be heard.

"I'm raising a little warrior," JW said.

The loud and persistent community members, who braved cold winds, rain, and sharp pelts of hail, united in pursuit of answers in their fifth such gathering outside the Grays Harbor County Courthouse Jail.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back