Found Deceased WA - Ritchie Ambrose Collins, 58, North Cascades National Park, April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@britney collins Prayers for your efforts, outstanding post. Hang in there, did your Dad know that area well ? TIA be safe and well
Thank you Angel. I’m not sure if he knew the area, there was a map of the cascade mountains open on his passenger seat. No one knew him to be a hiker or camper at all. I don’t believe a 58 year old man with a bad knee & high blood pressure could walk too far in there with how extreme the terrain plus there was snow. I’ve posted videos/pics of the exact area, the mountains are STEEP & there’s fallin trees all off the paths.

Last edited:
Thanks very much, did he have friends in the area ? Wondering what it was that possibly drew him up there. I have been wondering too about the off season staff up there. Will see what I can dig up..be safe and well
Thats a good question, I have no idea. I’ve been in contact with a few people that know him, but they are from Bellingham/Sumas area, I’m not sure if he knew anyone who lived by Diablo Lake.

That Nat park sits real close to the border, if he wasn't a hiker or camper could slipping across the border up there something he might do ?
Was he regular at gun shows in the NW ? Trying to make sense of where his vehicle was found and why the park staff didn't see a red flag as his car sat there .... Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks so much @britney collins , will keep digging to see if I can find anything that helps in some way. The key on the top of the vehicle bothers me a bit. Did Ritchie have a key chain for keys that he carried with him ? TIA . Be safe and well
Thank you SO much. I can’t thank you enough what it means to have your help. I’m not sure if he had a keychain, that’s a good question.

It bothers me too. Another Veteran on Facebook said he interpreted it like “he was signing off”.

Thank you SO much. I can’t thank you enough what it means to have your help. I’m not sure if he had a keychain, that’s a good question.

It bothers me too. Another Veteran on Facebook said he interpreted it like “he was signing off”.
Praying for Ritchie and you, and the rest of the family! I'll keep following for news. Hang in there.

That's an interesting take on the key, will see if I can turn something up on that
Thanks very much for coming here and being willing to answer questions @britneycollins. Super helpful, DM me sometime when you have time please.
You and the family are always in my prayers. Hoping we can find some answers for you about Ritchie. Never give up :)

Chief Ranger Torres said theoretically he could hike across the border, but I don’t believe he did.

As far as gun shows I have no info about that.
I keep thinking about the missing guns. The oddest thing, to me, is that if they were stolen, why not take the cases with the guns in them? Have you been able to piece together anything re: the guns yet?

I keep thinking about the missing guns. The oddest thing, to me, is that if they were stolen, why not take the cases with the guns in them? Have you been able to piece together anything re: the guns yet?
Thank you for posting that thought about the empty gun cases, The empty gun cases bothered me too, I just didn't know how to word my concern.

Thank you for posting that thought about the empty gun cases, The empty gun cases bothered me too, I just didn't know how to word my concern.
In other scenarios, the gun cases being at his home, empty, are just as much of a puzzle. If Ritchie sold them, they'd most likely be sold with their case, wouldn't they? If he had taken them all somewhere else, they'd have been in their cases, too. Unless the cases took up too much room in whatever vehicle they might have been transported in.

Today marks 1 year since Ritchie Collins was reported missing after National Park Service Rangers noticed his vehicle parked at Colonial Creek Campground (North Cascades National Park) for approximately 2 weeks. His car key was found on the hood of his car.

Law enforcement searched the Diablo Lake area with cadaver dogs and found no signs of Ritchie.

What happened to my Dad? Where is his extensive gun collection?

I’m so sorry the country you served your whole life has completely failed you every step of the way. I will never give up trying to find what happened to you, I love you Dad. ❤️

Today marks 1 year since Ritchie Collins was reported missing after National Park Service Rangers noticed his vehicle parked at Colonial Creek Campground (North Cascades National Park) for approximately 2 weeks. His car key was found on the hood of his car.

Law enforcement searched the Diablo Lake area with cadaver dogs and found no signs of Ritchie.

I’m so sorry the country you served your whole life has completely failed you every step of the way. I will never give up trying to find what happened to you, I love you Dad. ❤️
Britney, were there any indications that your dad received money from perhaps selling his guns?
I have no idea what the local gun laws are in WA, but in my state people aren't allowed to transfer their guns to anyone or sell, without going through a legal gun dealer. Thus, records would be available for transactions between parties, but I imagine things aren't always done by the book.

The one-year anniversary of a person being missing is always very sad. It is hard to even imagine how difficult this time is for you. ((Hugs))

Is it possible that your father never was at the park, as in someone else drove his vehicle to that location?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back