WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pullman police say Moscow resident Aaron D. Aung, 21, and his fiancée, 21-year-old Nadia Cole, fled to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with the Idaho license plate number 1L5147U. [Police Commander] Breshears said the car police believe they drove to Mexico is registered to Aung’s father."

BBM.

<modsnip - veiled profanity>
So.... the parents of Aaron... OWN the Cadillac!

"Breshears said the car police believe they drove to Mexico is registered to Aung’s father. Once in custody, Aung will be booked on suspicion of first-degree custodial interference."

I just realised Aaron is likely the only son. The child of the eldest/only son is highly adored in many Asian cultures (mine included,) I wonder if the parents of Aaron may have been acting on this, as well. (My eldest child Is a son of an eldest son so I kind of know what that's like. Thankfully our custody arrangement is sorted but it's not been without a lot of mudslinging on their part of my character/family.)

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - veiled profanity>
So.... the parents of Aaron... own the Cadillac!

"Breshears said the car police believe they drove to Mexico is registered to Aung’s father. Once in custody, Aung will be booked on suspicion of first-degree custodial interference."
Getting closer
Sitting on my hands.....

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>Just basing those speculations on people I've known. It happens. I did look at her IG and it didn't look too interesting or exciting, to me. Plus, there are only about 10 million too many lawyers, already. Could be (and I'm just guessing) she wasn't turned on by the prospect of being a lawyer. Nothing wrong with that, at all. Taking off as she did is what's wrong.
I don't think we can know if NC was turned on by being a lawyer or if she felt no one should go to law school because more than enough lawyers already exist. I agree it doesn't look like she has made good decisions recently but no matter what she did, she wasn't going to be a lawyer any time soon. According to her father, she planned to take the LSAT in Aug. So the soonest she'd be starting law school would be fall 2025 meaning she'd likely graduate in spring 2028. That's a long time from now for a 21-year old.
MOO

JUN 7, 2024
Police believe they went to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with an Idaho license plate. That vehicle is not stolen. The FBI is now playing a larger role with the search for Seraya since they are believed to be out of the country.

JUN 7, 2024
Police believe they went to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with an Idaho license plate. That vehicle is not stolen. The FBI is now playing a larger role with the search for Seraya since they are believed to be out of the country.

So we can confirm at this point that by 5pm on 5/29 the Cadillac was heading south towards Mexico with 3 people inside. It's a 21 hour drive if you do it straight thru into TJ.

Why didn't the Aung family notice a missing Cadillac until 6/7? And don't tell me "language barrier."

BBM. That seems to imply the dad willingly gave the vehicle to Aaron. I wonder if he knew Aaron's intentions with it when dad agreed to loan it to him.

At this point it would be safe to say..... the Cadillac had been heading south to Mexico since 5pm on May 29th, with 3 people inside. 9 days ago. (How did we not know about the "missing " Cadillac until 6/7?)

Perhaps it took that long for the dad to tell LE that he loaned his vehicle to Aaron.

So we can confirm at this point that by 5pm on 5/29 the Cadillac was heading south towards Mexico with 3 people inside. It's a 21 hour drive if you do it straight thru into TJ.

Why didn't the Aung family notice a missing Cadillac until 6/7? And don't tell me "language barrier."

Perhaps they noticed it, but didn't tell LE about that until today.

My take on her Linkedin is different from what others are seeing. For a 22 year old, her Linkedin notably lacks experience or involvement around anything. No jobs. Just five months involved with a legal clinic in her final year of college. No other internships listed. No other volunteering or leadership positions.

That Linkedin reads to me like an attempt to curate her appearance as a promising future law student, adding courses and skills to distract from the notable lack of experience. But it's weird as, were the legal track a new choice, I expect her experience listed would involve diverse or robust other focuses. But there's just nothing there.

That Linkedin reads to me like an attempt to curate her appearance as a promising future law student, adding courses and skills to distract from the notable lack of experience.
That's the whole point of a resume at age 21? She has no experience because.... she just finished school. And adding courses and a degree shows that you're capable of the challenge.

I also don’t understand why they would have practically wanted to take the child with them? Not only is she ill, it immediately takes the situation up a notch to basically a kidnapping scenario — they had no reason to assume the police would take such a calm stance, wouldn’t you be terrified of taking a child with you?

I can understand (disagree with, but understand) wanting to run away from your family with your new fiancée and leave the world behind. But why bring the child?

To me it’s either a very stubborn father believing he’s in some way “saving” Seraya, or perhaps to hurt the mother? To start a new family in what HE thinks is a better environment? It’s such a risk.

ALL MOO x
Maybe Nadia did not want a romantic partner with a child?

People "in love" can lose track of sanity. Can't recall the name of woman who drowned her children for a man.

edit: posted before realized the couple are thought to be headed for Mexico.

Last edited:
Fleeing to Mexico with your child….. What was he thinking?
Never mind…he’s obviously not thinking at all. I’m from Southern California and we’ve been warned against traveling into Mexico. A “dispute” between the cartels has been escalating and no one’s off limits. I hope they are all returned safely to the US. Isn’t she a law student? Why didn’t she talk him out of it? She seems like a intelligent young woman, with a bright future ahead of her. Just one bad decision can affect that future. I don’t know for sure, but it’s possible she could face charges as well. This is not a movie. Escaping to Mexico doesn’t mean you’re going to live happily ever after. Yeah….that’s not gonna happen. I think by now, she’s realizing that. JMHO.

At this point it would be safe to say..... the Cadillac had been heading south to Mexico since 5pm on May 29th, with 3 people inside. 9 days ago. (How did we not know about the "missing " Cadillac until 6/7?)
JMO, but police often have an inside scoop on the dynamics of a situation, that they're not going to make public.

Those inner dynamics can be useful to track down missing people. For example, money can be traced. It's best if the people don't know LE capabilities, so they will make mistakes.

Sometimes police throw some news into the situation, that they've had for a while, to watch what happens.

JMO

That's the whole point of a resume at age 21? She has no experience because.... she just finished school. And adding courses and a degree shows that you're capable of the challenge.
I guess one's read of this can vary. But in my experience ambitious college kids (esp those wanting to go to law school) have been involved in internships over their college years, have sought leadership positions in campus groups, volunteered on the side, etc. Even the college application process (for BA degrees) these days push HS kids to have super robust and well rounded resumes. It's a well documented trend about how the need to show such experience creates a lot of pressure (and is unfair to kids who have to work service jobs to afford school). So in light of that, I find only five months of any engagement odd. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fleeing to Mexico with your child….. What was he thinking?
Never mind…he’s obviously not thinking at all. I’m from Southern California and we’ve been warned against traveling into Mexico. A “dispute” between the cartels has been escalating and no one’s off limits. I hope they are all returned safely to the US. Isn’t she a law student? Why didn’t she talk him out of it? She seems like a intelligent young woman, with a bright future ahead of her. Just one bad decision can affect that future. I don’t know for sure, but it’s possible she could face charges as well. This is not a movie. Escaping to Mexico doesn’t mean you’re going to live happily ever after. Yeah….that’s not gonna happen. I think by now, she’s realizing that. JMHO.
BBM

No. She's not a law student. According to her father, she planned to take the LSAT in Aug. That would put her on track to apply to law schools in the fall/winter for a fall 2025 entry.

She supposedly was in a "pre-law" track as an undergrad. That could indicate she was serious about pursuing a JD. However, lots of "real" law schools frown on that sort of undergraduate focus. Many law schools also are not looking for claims of having undergraduate "legal experience." In many cases, that sort of experience simply means the person needs to be "untaught" the many things she's learned that are wrong. In other cases a pre-law focus with experiential legal activities may mean her academic courses lacked rigor, meaning she'd not be as competitive as other students.

She did take poli sci and econ courses and those majors are recommended by the American Bar Association.

MOO

JUN 7, 2024

I wonder if LE are looking more closely at Aaron's parents since the couple and child are likely in the parents' car? Have Aaron's parents been as blindsided by this as Nadia's parents?

Based on some of the theories others have mentioned...

If AA is controlling as some have speculated, and maybe trying to exert control over Seraya's mom (who seemingly has a significant other and is pregnant), could AA have been jealous/upset even though he and Seraya's mom are not together?

Just pure speculation, but I did wonder if his dating/engagement to Nadia was partially in revenge to invoke jealousy in Seraya's mom? (Partially wondering based on not many public statements about Aaron and Nadia as a couple by friends and loved ones.) Kind of a tit for tat move and now he's upped stakes by not returning Seraya?

I hope I am wrong. But his actions seem incredibly hurtful and immature, imo. Just musing on my part. MOO.

I wonder if LE are looking more closely at Aaron's parents since the couple and child are likely in the parents' car? Have Aaron's parents been as blindsided by this as Nadia's parents?
100% they're being looked at closely. I hope now that LE knows about the car they're fully cooperating, even if we don't hear about it. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member