WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What countries don’t have extradition treaties?
None that are easy to get to from the US without boarding a plane. There's Cuba, but even without a treaty, they might extradite. If they were able to board a plane, I suppose they could head to Russia, Libya, Syria, or North Korea, among others, but, seriously? What are they thinking?

The way Aung's family is acting, I wouldn't be surprised to find they're hiding them out somewhere--waiting for the heat to die down.

So people time and time again have said they may have left for Vietnam (technically no extradition) but the list of countries with "no extradition" also includes the Maldives? Mongolia? China? Russia? IDK... to me sounds unlikely they're thousands of miles away.

At this point I think they're hiding in plain sight, with a load of help from the wealthy family Aung. I also worry if Aaron has any experience with firearms but perhaps that's a given for someone from Idaho. You would think a dad with his beautiful daughter and fiance in tow would want to protect them. I also think this escapade is at this point getting old for NC, whether she went willingly or not. (I know she left the airport at her own accord.... but whether Aaron gave her some sort of relationship ultimatum.)

And yes. To those casting dispersion on the Harmons, they have not spoken a negative word against the characters of Aaron or NC. They've kept the focus on getting the little girl home. I am not saying they're perfect. No one is. The grandma on courttv has been consistent with her daughter.
IMO it would be problematic for the three to fly anywhere out of the country right now. It would involve immigration officers to look away at both the departing airport and the arrival airport.

The Aung family may see themselves as powerful but my understanding is they own a business and successful or not it would take a heck of a long reach of influence to convince agents in two countries to aid Aaron and Nadia while the FBI are pursuing them.

The Aungs aren’t rich cattlemen or IT wizards, they’re just another comfortable family enjoying the American life. If they think they can control the narrative IMO they’re mistaken.

Besides, how does doing so give more access to Seraya if they’re thousands of miles apart? It makes no sense. It really doesn’t matter if they’re in Mexico or hiding out in Idaho; you betcha the authorities are watching every move the Aungs make.

So yes, what is the endgame? I agree with others here that Nadia is the weak link. A romantic adventure gets old quickly when living an isolated life in some hidey hole. Just saying.
MOO

Last edited:
Revisiting the thread after a few days so i'm still getting caught up- I am glad we are able to discuss the family statement because there just seems to be SO many things wrong!!!
Fully agree with you all describing AA's parents as "above the law", reminds of Brian Laundrie's parents attempting to justify his actions...
Those allegations should be considered slander and defamation of character- sharing Samara's alleged childhood traumas and the claims of molestation, child endangerment, etc. is horrendous, if this was a genuine concern to them why wouldn't they have communicated that with Seraya's mom or even reported to CPS?
This is all getting so murky and AA's family statement just muddled this case even more.
MOO

Has Nadia’s family been active in the media pleading for info about their daughter / for her to come home etc? I haven’t seen anything since the initial comment from the dad. It just strikes me as odd.
I think Nadia's family is in a very weird, awkward position right now.

On one hand, they have reason to be angry with the Aung family for this difficult situation, and upset for the way Nadia walked away, leaving them baffled at the airport gate. It seemed that was a set up, with the Aung family involved as well. So Nadia's family must be frustrated with that.

And yet, Nadia voluntarily left with her fiancé. So her family cannot say anything bad about the Aungs or it might hurt their relationship with their missing daughter and they need to try and seem supportive and open, if they have any hopes she will reach out to them.

I think Nadia's family is in a very weird, awkward position right now.

On one hand, they have reason to be angry with the Aung family for this difficult situation, and upset for the way Nadia walked away, leaving them baffled at the airport gate. It seemed that was a set up, with the Aung family involved as well. So Nadia's family must be frustrated with that.

And yet, Nadia voluntarily left with her fiancé. So her family cannot say anything bad about the Aungs or it might hurt their relationship with their missing daughter and they need to try and seem supportive and open, if they have any hopes she will reach out to them.
Yes, an incredibly difficult spot. But I for one appreciate their measured silence, IMO that's wise on their part for now.

The maternal grandmother of the missing toddler Seraya is on CourtTV with Vinnie Politan. She responds to some of the Aung family statement. My impression of her is positive—that she is being honest, yet cautious and measured in what she says. JMO
Shawna seems normal. Unlike the Aungs. So, the sexual assault of the little girl's mother, by the stepbrother, are true. All the more disgusting of the Aungs to broadcast that. What was going with the little girl and Shawna needing to call CPS remains a question. Hopefully, it was just diaper rash and both parties are mistaken about anything happening to her.

I'm still astounded by the stupidity of this whole thing. At 21, you couldn't pay me to babysit and I would never have dated a guy with a kid - let alone take off with his and another woman's child! Someone upthread also asked if Nadia wasn't concerned about being able to see her own family, if they try to hide out forever. My impression is she doesn't like her family so doesn't care. The Aungs are her family, now. How she and Aaron plan on seeing any of them with getting arrested must be something they failed to think through.

Extended Stay or Relocating?

sbm @Centaurus TYCM :) for posting this, A to Z. I did not count, but that's a loooong list.

If, big IF, the couple plans to relocate to one of those countries, seems likely in many, they may face LANGUAGE barriers and CULTURE SHOCK, notwithstanding their familial exposures to other cultures.

That may also hold true even for other "Westernized" countries w extradition treaties w US.
jmo
Most of that would be a non starter but there are some countries on there where most anyone would be okay. One place I'd previously thought they could go is Bali (paradise) and Indonesia is on that list. A lot of people speak English in all of the decent places on that list, as well.

Well ... this is quite the developing situation. I'm actually surprised they haven't been located yet. They must have been confident, however they arranged it and wherever they are, that they would not be located. All of the Aung family and NC should have known that they would eventually be found ... and custody of the precious little would be returned to her mother and that ... likely they would never have unsupervised visitation again. Such an incredible #$%^& show.

It's my guess that NC is the one now taking care of the toddler with some criticism from AA's mom in thrown in. Just a hunch.

jmo
I had to laugh since at least at that point little Miss NC would have met her just desserts.

Rather than a lovely summer vacation with mum and papa in the Italian Riviera... perhaps an innocent and lovely coffee or drink with Antonio at the local café.... then a few laughs with Wolfgang along the Spree River.... NOPE

She's hiding out with a toddler under criticism of some dude's mom. Yay. Fun summer 2024! You go, girl.

May Seraya be home SOON. This is ridiculous and the behavior of the Aungs has become absolutely abhorrent.

Maybe I've missed it, but what did Aaron do for a living? I've not seen anything mentioned about his job/missing from work/ what he might have made each pay period. ??? Someone is/has been funding his life. Since the parents had 50/50 maybe he didn't pay any child support?? What do his parents do or how did they acquire wealth? I think the disappearance of all 3 had been planned for awhile. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision. It's too well-thought out since they haven't been seen nor does anyone actually know where they are. I wonder if the parents would allow investigators to search their home? I don't think they are hiding there, but at least L.E. could rule one place out. I'm thinking the newness of being "one big happy family" is probably wearing thin about now. Reality of what they've done and what the future might hold for N.C. might make her rethink her recent decisions. My ramblings.. my opinions.

Maybe I've missed it, but what did Aaron do for a living? I've not seen anything mentioned about his job/missing from work/ what he might have made each pay period. ??? Someone is/has been funding his life. Since the parents had 50/50 maybe he didn't pay any child support?? What do his parents do or how did they acquire wealth? I think the disappearance of all 3 had been planned for awhile. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision. It's too well-thought out since they haven't been seen nor does anyone actually know where they are. I wonder if the parents would allow investigators to search their home? I don't think they are hiding there, but at least L.E. could rule one place out. I'm thinking the newness of being "one big happy family" is probably wearing thin about now. Reality of what they've done and what the future might hold for N.C. might make her rethink her recent decisions. My ramblings.. my opinions.
According to the Aung Family Statement, Aaron was an "Operations Manager responsible for teams across multiple business divisions with a goal to join the National Guard".

I've not found any listings on LinkedIn or any company site.

Stay in Other Country? Drastic Change in Life?

If, big IF, the couple plans to relocate to any other country ---with or without extradition treaty w US --- seems likely in many places, they may face LANGUAGE barriers and CULTURE SHOCK, notwithstanding their familial exposures to other cultures.

That may also hold true even for other "Westernized" countries.
jmo
Source
Wiki references US St Dept website, as of 2022.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members