WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shantina and Azriel are the victims.

I respectfully disagree. Unless we hear that foul play was involved, Shantina is far from being the victim. IMO, her actions caused great pain to a lot of people. Azriel and the surviving family are the victims.

I can't believe people have the nerve to say that Azriel was named after the devil. That and his mohawk, and her tattoos, should have no bearing whatsoever in this case.

I agree 100%.

Her tattoos, his hairstyle, his name, all of these things have absolutely no bearing on this case. I have been blessed to know several tattooed, pierced, mohawked, beautifully named people in my life, and they are all amazing, talented, gifted individuals.

I say Hurray For Diversity!

There are other aspects to this case that disturb me. The external ornaments of the victim(s) are the least of my concerns.

ETA: I am, after all, a cowboy-hat-wearing frog. If that ain't differnt, IDK wut iz!

I respectfully disagree. Unless we hear that foul play was involved, Shantina is far from being the victim. IMO, her actions caused great pain to a lot of people. Azriel and the surviving family are the victims.

We don't know yet if Shantina is not a victim. She may have had nothing at all to drink or impair herself. She may have had a concussion or stroke.

This is OT, but I bet someone else has thought of it.

Maybe the answer is somewhere in one of the other mysterious threads in which I don't dare venture.

This is the problem:

If I don't thank someone or post something within two or three minutes (maybe five), when I want to reply to a post I HAVE to log in - EACH and every single time.

It's as if my nick doesn't have activity for a few minutes it logs off.

No problem with me, since I just log in and I don't post too much. But, it's a little annoying.

But, ssshhhh! Don't tell the mods, I don't wanna get placed in the corner, or have my snacks taken away.

:)

This is OT, but I bet someone else has thought of it.

Maybe the answer is somewhere in one of the other mysterious threads in which I don't dare venture.

This is the problem:

If I don't thank someone or post something within two or three minutes (maybe five), when I want to reply to a post I HAVE to log in - EACH and every single time.

It's as if my nick doesn't have activity for a few minutes it logs off.

No problem with me, since I just log in and I don't post too much. But, it's a little annoying.

But, ssshhhh! Don't tell the mods, I don't wanna get placed in the corner, or have my snacks taken away.

:)

There should be a little checkbox by your name where you log in to keep you logged in. If you don't see it next time you go to log in, let me know, and I'll see what else I can find out about it.

I don't get the anger directed toward SS for choosing to live in WA.

No anger whatsoever. I love the PNW. I've lived here for over 25 years. It's my home. It's paradise, as far as I'm concerned. I'm in love with the mountains, the rivers (especially the Breitenbush River in Oregon), the ocean, the wildlife. The only other place that compares is the Hill Country of Texas, but for different reasons.

I was merely alluding to how difficult it must have been for JC to maintain a physical relationship with his son, since JC lives on the East Coast, given the geographic distance between NY and the PNW, and according to that article, SS was the one that left NY with their son to return to the PNW, for reasons we have yet to know.

Azriel is the son of Jay Carver of Lancaster who traveled to Washington to help search for his son. He plans to hold a memorial service for his son in Washington and then return his remains to this area for burial. In the past year Carver said he had tried to resume a relationship with his son and planned to visit with him soon. He had broken up with Smiley several years ago and returned to Western New York.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=75479&provider=gnews

http://www.kitsapsun.com/videos/detail/azriel-carvers-father-talks-about-his-son/

I this is correct: Shantina did not take Azriel away....the father left him.

ETA Oops. should say "IF this is correct

Can't help but ask: Why are we discussing the father, the fiancee, the step-father, the grandpa - all the men in her life? So far they are all INNOCENT family members!

I think you can be the source of pain and a victim at the same time.
My opinion is that there is no foul play and no bad intentions from any of the players involved in this case.

SS obviously had some demons and was losing her battle with addiction, but she has payed a pretty high price for her actions. It is heartbreaking that she took her son out with her but I don't think that should diminish the loss of SS herself.

Comments made to media regarding Azriel's relationship with his father. Is that not allowed?

I really don't think that's relevant, however. His relationship with his father has no bearing on Azriel's death and the disappearance of SS. Sure, if he had custody back in NY then maybe he'd be alive. But he didn't: just like most children of divorce, Azriel lived with his mother. A father can't always pick up and move all over the place.

I have a family friend whose wife went whacko and moved moved away with their two daughters. It took him awhile but he found a job and moved nearby. So, she moves again. He again got a job and then moved. When she moved the THIRD time clear across the country, he saw the pattern and gave up.

Regardless, Azriel's father is a victim, too. To pick apart his relationship with his son -- after the son's death that the father had nothing to do with -- is pretty low. Time to move on. :twocents:

Does anyone know why this meeting at the relatives house would have been stressful for her?

I really don't think that's relevant, however. His relationship with his father has no bearing on Azriel's death and the disappearance of SS. Sure, if he had custody back in NY then maybe he'd be alive. But he didn't: just like most children of divorce, Azriel lived with his mother. A father can't always pick up and move all over the place.

I have a family friend whose wife went whacko and moved moved away with their two daughters. It took him awhile but he found a job and moved nearby. So, she moves again. He again got a job and then moved. When she moved the THIRD time clear across the country, he saw the pattern and gave up.

Regardless, Azriel's father is a victim, too. To pick apart his relationship with his son -- after the son's death that the father had nothing to do with -- is pretty low. Time to move on. :twocents:

I don't see anyone picking it apart. JC was on the news talking about it himself, the interview was heart-wrenching. Is that not allowed either? I am truly confused.

This one says Jay lost contact with Az when we was two, which would have been 2004, which I believe is when her mother commits suicide? Is that right?

That would explain why she would feel the need to move back home.

<snip>

A father can't always pick up and move all over the place.

<snip>

To clarify my comment about mothers being forced to live near the father, my daughter's ex went to court and obtained an order that she had to live within a 50 mile radius of his home. He had virtually no contact with the boys, never paid a penny in support, couldn't be bothered with so much as a phone call---yet when she was offered a damn good job downstate, she was forced to refuse because of this court order. So it goes both ways. That's what I meant by questioning why shouldn't a father be expected to go live near his kids, it was that attitude I interpreted in the post(s) I was addressing, not so much JC and SS's situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487