WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is incredibly sad, but for now I'll be up on that fence. There are some really stupid parents out there. Women on babycenter always argue it's fine to leave your kid in the car, one even said since she had twins it was too much work to take them out. She'd leave them in the car to go get a cupcake.

While it seems like no one with common sense would leave their child in the car, common sense just really isn't that common.

I'm wondering how no one saw this child left unattended in the vehicle.

I agree that it's possible she's telling the truth. It's obvious she HAS done this before, so that leads me to believe she could do it again. Also, walking a mile with a 4 year old and possibly carrying a 2 year old (he looks big for two) might be something she's not physically able to do. Why was her car not locked? In general, does she not lock stuff? (I don't lock my house or my car, I realize that puts me in the 1% of Americans category). BUT, if I was forced by circumstances to leave a baby in a car on the side of the road to go seek help, I would absolutely lock in that situation.

This case just doesn't pass the "smell" test at all. I sure wish I could see what she looks like - to me, listening to a parent speak so often gives an impression of whether they're telling the truth.

Poor Sky, I was hoping for more and better news when I got on today. Yes, it could be pure stupidity on the mothers part and we need to worry about someone taking him out of the car or him getting out of the car and wandering away. I am still more inclined to think this is going a bad direction and Sky was already gone.

Well this is incredibly sad, but for now I'll be up on that fence. There are some really stupid parents out there. Women on babycenter always argue it's fine to leave your kid in the car, one even said since she had twins it was too much work to take them out. She'd leave them in the car to go get a cupcake.

While it seems like no one with common sense would leave their child in the car, common sense just really isn't that common.

I'm wondering how no one saw this child left unattended in the vehicle.

I know- some people think it is okay to leave their kids in the car. :furious: INFURIATES ME. Why chance it EVER? I mean FGS. I have 2 little boys. I know it's a pain to pull them out all the time especially from car seats. DEAL WITH IT. LOL Sorry but this topic really bothers me. Here in Washington state there is a hefty fine for leaving your kids in the car. One can also lose their license for doing this and CPS gets involved too.

We are not sleuthing the father at this time. Thanks.

Ima

Can I say, however, that the father certainly has a LARGE family network...

The mom said she locked the driver's side door. How do you even do that in a late-model car? You would have to physically hit the lock alone. I'm not buying it.

The picture of the dad's house in the video nurse posted above is a nice nice home, with a Mercedes parked out front. It showed the mom's car being towed and it looked like a late-model Acura, maybe?

I'm sure there's a keyfob that is normally used to lock the door. Even hitting the doorlock button on most drivers' doors will lock all the doors in the car. You have to deliberately bypass that button in favor of the little lock button for that door only. Make sense?

Right. It doesn't.

ETA: Yes, it's an Acura:

The mom said she locked the driver's side door. How do you even do that in a late-model car? You would have to physically hit the lock alone. I'm not buying it.

The picture of the dad's house in the video nurse posted above is a nice nice home, with a Mercedes parked out front. It showed the mom's car being towed and it looked like a late-model Acura, maybe?

I'm sure there's a keyfob that is normally used to lock the door. Even hitting the doorlock button on most drivers' doors will lock all the doors in the car. You have to deliberately bypass that button in favor of the little lock button for that door only. Make sense?

Right. It doesn't.

I missed that - is there an interview of her somewhere?

TIA

Good Morning All. I saw the alert for Sky on my facebook page this morning.

Going back to read through all your posts, but from what I read on the critical missing alert, this sounds fishy. Praying this little angel is found safe and sound.

So do I have this right?

Mom walks a mile each way with her 4 year old to get some gas... but doesn't get any gas?:waitasec:

Police responded to her call and started the search but said they did not find a gas can at the car when they arrived.

And also she was able to call her friend but not police/tow truck?:waitasec:

The mother told police that as she was walking back to her silver Acura from Chevron gas station a friend picked her up and drove them back to the car.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aves-unlocked-car-Bellevue.html#ixzz1d2fOS0In

hmm..:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Praying for Sky.

I missed that - is there an interview of her somewhere?

TIA

There's not an interview of her but here's the part about the doors:

The mother later told police the boy was in his car seat when she left and she had locked the driver's side door, but the other doors were not locked.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133328108.html

The other things are in the link nurse posted:

There's not an interview of her but here's the part about the doors:

The other things are in the link nurse posted:

Thanks for your reply.

I have a late model Honda CRV, and I went out there to try to get that to happen - only the driver's side door locked, the others open, and I don't think it can be done on my car. I can leave the driver's door UNlocked and select others unlocked, but if the driver's door is locked, the car is locked.

Hm.

anyone else find it odd that we now have 2 different missing children stories where "running out of gas" comes into play?

So do I have this right?

Mom walks a mile each way with her 4 year old to get some gas... but doesn't get any gas?:waitasec:

And also she was able to call her friend but not police/tow truck?:waitasec:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aves-unlocked-car-Bellevue.html#ixzz1d2fOS0In

hmm..:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Praying for Sky.

I think these are possible. If she's going through a divorce chances are high she's watching her money very closely. I don't know about her cell phone situation, but if she doesn't have one or if the battery was dead, etc., she may have walked to the gas station to call her friend, not to get gas. At that point, the game plan might have been for the friend to come get her, go to the car and get the baby, go home and retrieve her gas can instead of buying a new one at the gas station, and then proceed to get gas to the car from there.

I still don't buy it.

But at first the lack of a gas can seemed REALLY odd, but now it seems possible, if the initial plan was to get the friend to come get Sky and then work on getting the gas.

BTW, it doesn't appear she walked a mile each way. The friend picked her up at the gas station and drove her back to her car, I believe.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a late model Honda CRV, and I went out there to try to get that to happen - only the driver's side door locked, the others open, and I don't think it can be done on my car. I can leave the driver's door UNlocked and select others unlocked, but if the driver's door is locked, the car is locked.

Hm.

Mine has two lock buttons on the driver's door: an electronic lock button that locks or unlocks all the doors, and then the physical lock button for my door only (I have a 2006 minivan).

Here's a picture of an Acura door (I do not know if this is the same model/year as hers but it's the best Acura pic I could find).

See the orange lock for that door only?
And then the electronic lock buttons with the picture of the lock (for all the doors)?

2010-acura-mdx-1280-311.jpg

Just throwing out a suggestion here (sorry if someone has already posted this): what if a person was driving by, saw a lone child in the car, thought he was abandoned and took him home. As the story plays out, this person decides that she doesn't deserve the child back based on stupidity alone and decides to keep him.

Far-fetched, maybe...but what if someone as sick of this carp as we all are decided it was time to take some action against parental stupidity (and I'm not advocating this -- just wondering out loud).

I did not go back through every page. Nurse have you posted a google map of the spot the car was parked? If so can someone bump?

The best case scenario would be Mom has hidden this child due to the custody/cultural issues with Dad.

Has LE spoken of reviewing any video in the area? If this was in a residential area, I wonder if any of the homes have security cameras? Still catching up, sorry if I am being repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member