WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
unless we find out that she had a gas can in her car I am not finding the fact that a gas can was not by the car to be strange...

perhaps she called the friend from the gas station to get a ride because she didn't have a cell phone...

not too many facts out there right now....

(moo)

I think these are possible. If she's going through a divorce chances are high she's watching her money very closely. I don't know about her cell phone situation, but if she doesn't have one or if the battery was dead, etc., she may have walked to the gas station to call her friend, not to get gas. At that point, the game plan might have been for the friend to come get her, go to the car and get the baby, go home and retrieve her gas can instead of buying a new one at the gas station, and then proceed to get gas to the car from there.

I still don't buy it.

But at first the lack of a gas can seemed REALLY odd, but now it seems possible, if the initial plan was to get the friend to come get Sky and then work on getting the gas.

BTW, it doesn't appear she walked a mile each way. The friend picked her up at the gas station and drove her back to her car, I believe.

I agree it could be possible if the plan was to call the friend from the beginning. But if that's all she wanted to do why not go over into the residential area or stop at one of the churches a long the way? It seems like she had a lot more opportunities to access a phone besides walking all the way to the gas station.

This case is so puzzling. I am just praying Sky is alright.

The mom said she locked the driver's side door. How do you even do that in a late-model car? You would have to physically hit the lock alone. I'm not buying it.

The picture of the dad's house in the video nurse posted above is a nice nice home, with a Mercedes parked out front. It showed the mom's car being towed and it looked like a late-model Acura, maybe?

I'm sure there's a keyfob that is normally used to lock the door. Even hitting the doorlock button on most drivers' doors will lock all the doors in the car. You have to deliberately bypass that button in favor of the little lock button for that door only. Make sense?

Right. It doesn't.

ETA: Yes, it's an Acura:

I think that might be the uncle's house (the dad's brother) and where the dad is living. Mom lives in an apt. (the police searched it last night).

I only find it strange because in order to get gas for her car she'd need to get a gas can from the station.

If she wasn't getting gas why would she walk all the way to the gas station?

IMO

I agree.. and it is strange indeed... when there were other places she could have used a phone....

I know- some people think it is okay to leave their kids in the car. :furious: INFURIATES ME. Why chance it EVER? I mean FGS. I have 2 little boys. I know it's a pain to pull them out all the time especially from car seats. DEAL WITH IT. LOL Sorry but this topic really bothers me. Here in Washington state there is a hefty fine for leaving your kids in the car. One can also lose their license for doing this and CPS gets involved too.

I completely agree. So many times my little guy has fallen asleep on the way to run an errand and I just turn around and go home. Yep, it's inconvenient but my sweet little man is safe. I don't even leave him in the car to return the cart after grocery shopping. People are insane and incredibly selfish if they are willing to risk their child's well-being like that.

I wonder why LE isn't releasing the mom's name.

Sky's mother had been previously charged with leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle in December 2009, according to King County District Court records.

Documents show that the case was dismissed in February of this year after the woman produced proof that she had attended court-ordered parenting classes and completed community service in August 2010.

Times news partners KING-TV is reporting that the boy's parents are going through a divorce and the father hasn't had any contact with the children since January.
http://o.seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016709944_missing08m.html

I think that might be the uncle's house (the dad's brother) and where the dad is living. Mom lives in an apt. (the police searched it last night).

I thought that too until I watched the video nurse just posted below your post. They say it's the dad's house in the first few moments of the video. But yes, the mother is apparently living in an apartment with both kids.

I wonder why LE isn't releasing the mom's name.

Just a guess, but I bet they're wrapping this case up right now. Since we haven't caught a glimpse of her at all, it sounds likely she's at the police station still.

IMO.

FWIW...There is a bitter divorce and custody suit going on here.

Total speculation here, I really think that Mom has a cell phone. If we are to learn that mom has a cell phone and it was left at home, I (personally and MOO) will find that very suspicious. Lots of people have learned LE's power to track you based on your phone, so I just think (MOO) that it will be very suspicious if she has no phone. I hate to think this way, but it is looking uglier and uglier by the minute to me.

Certainly no one who has already done community service, court ordered parenting classes and been cited does not understand how serious it is to leave the child in the car AGAIN. Even if I didn't care about my child, I would be scared to death to take that chance again.

http://www.king5.com/home/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html

How long would a car have to "sit there" after running out of gas before it would start up when tested? I don't buy this story of Mom's, and it doesn't really sound as if the police do either. JMO.

Don't know if this was answered yet or if applicable, but as long as the fuel pump has vapor or a tiny bit of fuel in it (condensed petrol even), the car will turn over/start. However, without a sufficient amount of fuel, it will not run for long & will potentially burn out your fuel pump (experience speaking).

Total speculation here, I really think that Mom has a cell phone. If we are to learn that mom has a cell phone and it was left at home, I (personally and MOO) will find that very suspicious. Lots of people have learned LE's power to track you based on your phone, so I just think (MOO) that it will be very suspicious if she has no phone. I hate to think this way, but it is looking uglier and uglier by the minute to me.

Certainly no one who has already done community service, court ordered parenting classes and been cited does not understand how serious it is to leave the child in the car AGAIN. Even if I didn't care about my child, I would be scared to death to take that chance again.

FWIW, I believe both parents were charged with leaving the child unattended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett