WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The search for a missing 2-year-old is now focused on an area surrounding the boy's mother's home in Redmond, The Seattle Times reported earlier today.

Jim Bove, a spokesman for the Redmond Police Department, confirmed that the search had moved to Redmond and that Redmond officers were assisting in the case but said the investigation was still being overseen by the Bellevue Police Department.

“We are assisting them, but it’s still their case,” Bove said.
http://redmond.patch.com/articles/update-search-for-missing-boy-moves-to-redmond-7a3868c0

No.

It is rare, unless the parents earn pretty much an identical amount. I note that trial was set and then changed on November 2, 2011, or at least the clerk was given authorization to strike the trial date. The massive volume of activity in their divorce case hasn't even culminated in a final trial yet.
I'm still wondering about the 7 months thing. This mom is active in the litigation. How could he have kept the kids (or the daughter) for 7 months without her being able to see her? Wouldn't mom have rushed into court? Unless he hid her?

This is an interesting case. Litigation is heating up again in it. I wonder, if mom claims dad did something, how she could make such a claim. Why would she leave a baby in the car, especially given past citations and if she felt her husband is an abusive person (who could be tracking her, perhaps). Nothing makes sense here.

Thank you. Still catching up reading.....

I'm on the fence again. What if dad was 'stalking' or following mom. She really did leave the child in the car and dad took him to scare her?

If the abuse described in a previous post, (kicking, scratching with keys) surely there would have been some documentation of the abuse. It's sad, even I have seen so many parents make false accusations against the other, even I as a SP, question the legitimacy of these accusations.

You're right it makes no sense, unless Dad did follow her and take/hide Sky as a means of getting sole custody of both himself?

ay yi yi.....

Thank you. Still catching up reading.....

I'm on the fence again. What if dad was 'stalking' or following mom. She really did leave the child in the car and dad took him to scare her?

If the abuse described in a previous post, (kicking, scratching with keys) surely there would have been some documentation of the abuse. It's sad, even I have seen so many parents make false accusations against the other, even I as a SP, question the legitimacy of these accusations.

You're right it makes no sense, unless Dad did follow her and take/hide Sky as a means of getting sole custody of both himself?

ay yi yi.....

I can't believe that I am hoping this is the case, but I am.

But how would he know that she would leave that baby in the car, with the doors unlocked? That is just too far out to imagine - especially since they had been charged and punished for that very thing before. MOST people would have learned their lesson.

Ummm....... just getting caught up on this new case after working overnights all weekend. I have three things to say:

1) whiskey
2) tango
3) foxtrot

What in the wide, wide world of sports if going on here? Seriously.

Interesting that everyone keeps saying she clearly favored the girl over the boy, yet I'm on page 6 of her flickr pics and there are just as many of the boy as the girl. Not to mention the boy is properly buckled into his seat, while the daughter is not.

I may be getting the timeline of the DV accusations and the custody exchange recordings confused, but if she was so terrified for her life and the lives of her children, would she really be acting the way she does towards her STBX in the audio clips? I mean several people have opined that she seemed to be the manipulative one and he the rational one. **i may be wrong on the sequence of events. If I am and it makes my statement above completely irrelevant, I apologize in advance. All of the documents and info have me a little confused at the moment! :)

Add to that the other thing that's been asked over and over - if she was so afraid of this man and afraid for herself and her children, why on earth would she leave her toddler behind???

This does not make any sense to me at all.

Another thing that was strange to me is how blatantly the parental favoritism scales are tipped in her daughter's favor. MVHOO of course, but it seems there is approximately a 1:5 ratio of pics between son:daughter. I also was a little taken off guard by some of the photos of her daughter. I hate to say this, and perhaps I'm being overly conservative or paranoid, but some of them seemed almost suggestive. It just worries me. Personally, if I had taken all of those pics of my own kids, I would not have put a lot of them out there for the world to see. It's just a little too much for me, as a parent. MOO of course, and to each his own on this subject. It was just a passing thought and slightly O/T for what I was talking about earlier! :)

Oh and little Sky is so handsome. He breaks my heart with those big brown eyes. He definitely seems like he is an old soul, with deep thoughts. Reminds me of so many other precious littles we've read about recently. I want to just hold him and get him to smile!!

****All MHO of course****

Interesting that everyone keeps saying she clearly favored the girl over the boy, yet I'm on page 6 of her flickr pics and there are just as many of the boy as the girl. Not to mention the boy is properly buckled into his seat, while the daughter is not.

Keep looking through flickr, you've got 90 plus pages to go. I think there are more photos of her finished deck in there than of Sky.

There are no photos of Sky on her FB except her profile pic.

Wow, I just did a Google street view and "travelled" from the car to the gas station. They went by a lot of places that she could have gone for help, including a Montessori school, church..... wow.

Sorry but if something was wrong with my car or I ran out of gas with 2 kiddos I would look for the very first safe place to call someone at. I wouldn't be walking right by them.

1107missing_boy_tape.jpg

Police say last night they obtained consent to search the mother's vehicle and her apartment in Redmond. The search continued this morning in the area surrounding her apartment.

Crime scene tape was seen on a door leading to a trash area next to her apartment.

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bellevue/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html

"respondent" is almost always going to be Ex Parte/Family court in Washington. If it's family law, most likely she's named as respondent because the husband is the "petitioner", as in the one filing.

Yes, same here in Calif. But the case being discussed is one in which Julia is a juvenile Respondent. It's from 97 and I think it was in connection to her own parent's divorce.

Oh no.

That speaks volumes to me. It is readily apparent that both families have family members who would take care of this child while everything is being sorted out.

But don't they have to investigate the families usually before they hand the kids over, once they've been taken into protective custody.

Her FB had no pics of the boy except her profile. All were of her daughter. I looked at all the pictures on her flikr. If you average them from the time her son was born, the majority are of the girl, not her son. When he's in pictures it's usually as a backdrop to photos prominently featuring the girl. There are some good ones of him but most are of her from what I saw.

Wow, I just did a Google street view and "travelled" from the car to the gas station. They went by a lot of places that she could have gone for help, including a Montessori school, church..... wow.

Sorry but if something was wrong with my car or I ran out of gas with 2 kiddos I would look for the very first safe place to call someone at. I wouldn't be walking right by them.

She probably went for the nearest one with a camera to establish her whereabouts.

I think it's possible Julia killed Sky because she couldn't control him like she does her daughter. In the recordings on her blog Sky went with the Daddy but M. wouldn't go. I believe she killed this baby because that was the only way she could keep him away from his father.
jmo

So there are 7 photos of the daughter on FB that were taken after Sky was born. I don't really see how that means she favored the daughter. There are 2 pics of Sky, 7 of the girl. The other 3 albums were taken before Sky was born, unless I'm mistaken.

Still looking through Flickr, up to page 40. No preference obvious yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member