WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not another one! This is such an unbelievable story. Leaving a two year-old in a car, and being gone for two hours. Convenient that she took a "farewell" picture of the child before abandoning him. I hope that there are cameras somewhere along the route the mother will claim she took. Also, what about a four-year-old trudging along with mom for two hours. Can't picture a child cooperating and not causing a scene when his legs are about to buckle under.

It is starting to get dark, we have a very limited amount of daylight left...on the plus side, it has been dry today, which will help the scenthounds ( assuming that hounds will be used )... Where is this litte boy tonight ? ... MOO

I can't help thinking that if that boy left the car on his own and started wandering, looking for his mom, that it would be very noticeable. A 2 yo wandering alone, probably crying or screaming...someone would have seen him.

Which makes me think it never happened.

Why would she lock the driver's side door and leave the others unlocked?

If he was sleeping, she could have just waited in the car with the flashers on and somebody would have come upon her. She obviously wasn't in a big hurry to be walking around for an hour or so with the older child.

Either she was under the influence of something or he wasn't even with her. I cannot believe this at all.

It is starting to get dark, we have a very limited amount of daylight left...on the plus side, it has been dry today, which will help the scenthounds ( assuming that hounds will be used )... Where is this litte boy tonight ? ... MOO

Police have initiated a reverse 911 call in the area to alert residents to the boy, and King County Search and Rescue tracking dogs are on scene searching for the child.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133328108.html

Regarding the pic on the news article.

The article states:
"Sky Metalwala, is ½ Indian and ½ white, brown eyes, dark buzz cut hair, with a dark green hooded sweatshirt, with blue and gray striped Carter pants. The attached picture is exactly what he is wearing today."

But when I look at the pic it clearing shows Sky wearing a light grey hooded swearshirt jacket and what appears to be green and black striped pants. Don't understand their statement "The attached picture is exactly what he is wearing today."

http://bellevue.komonews.com/news/911/686937-update-police-search-missing-2-year-old-boy

I agree the story doesn't seem quite right but if she was trying to stage it I would have thought the mother would had done this staging in the middle of the night not during daylight hours.

It has been a long time for me but can a 2 yr remove himself from a car seat?

Assuming he was in the seat and belted correctly. Will be interesting to hear if the straps were locked or not. I would think if properly belted and locked he could not remove himself.
I am so not buying this crap. This is one of those DUH child missing cases. IMO

You know, I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure that's possible with this one. Either this story is BS or she just made the worst decision of her life. Either way, she is responsible for her child being missing. Poor little guy. Praying he's safe but having a hard time being hopeful with this one.

It has been a long time for me but can a 2 yr remove himself from a car seat?

Assuming he was in the seat and belted correctly. Will be interesting to hear if the straps were locked or not. I would think if properly belted and locked he could not remove himself.
I am so not buying this crap. This is one of those DUH child missing cases. IMO

I think it really depends on the child. My daughter never even thought about getting unbuckled from her carseat, stiil doesnt and she is 4 almost 5 .. lol
my sisters kids on the other hand were always escaping their carseat at around that age frame

I can't help thinking that if that boy left the car on his own and started wandering, looking for his mom, that it would be very noticeable. A 2 yo wandering alone, probably crying or screaming...someone would have seen him.

Which makes me think it never happened.

Exactly my thoughts,

Prayers for Sky right now, I am hoping my instincts are wrong about what has happened to him...

I've figured out who the parents are, including FB profiles. Not sure what's ok to post at this point in the situation.

Until they are named in MSM, we should not mention their names or any personal information or social networking pages, etc. Once mom is named in MSM, her Facebook page can be posted (if it is 100% certain that it is the same person). But we still have to be careful with what we take from that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer