WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defending the mom... but only for a second... I'm wondering if Sky was sleeping, so she thought she could run with the awake child to the gas station quickly and underestimated the distance? Although it was early morning... IMO

Still completely idiotic.

Defending the mom... but only for a second... I'm wondering if Sky was sleeping, so she thought she could run with the awake child to the gas station quickly and underestimated the distance? Although it was early morning... IMO

Still completely idiotic.

That's what I thought as well, for a few seconds. Hope this baby is found soon!

To pull off a 'staging' of an abduction from the car, the mother would have had to perfectly time events for the car to read 'empty.' That is, if she cared where the car finally ended up. I agree that the four year old could have lots to say about his little brother's presence or absence on that car ride.

The search has been suspended for the night...
:(

The CNN article was updated with that info, or maybe I missed it the first time!

So worried about Sky! Hopefully we are wrong about our suspicions, but I agree - its a little far fetched. MOO

To pull off a 'staging' of an abduction from the car, the mother would have had to perfectly time events for the car to read 'empty.' That is, if she cared where the car finally ended up. I agree that the four year old could have lots to say about his little brother's presence or absence on that car ride.

My daughter's car gives a digital readout of how many miles left when the gas gets to a certain point. Probably far fetched, just saying...JMO

Regarding the pic on the news article.

The article states:
"Sky Metalwala, is ½ Indian and ½ white, brown eyes, dark buzz cut hair, with a dark green hooded sweatshirt, with blue and gray striped Carter pants. The attached picture is exactly what he is wearing today."

But when I look at the pic it clearing shows Sky wearing a light grey hooded swearshirt jacket and what appears to be green and black striped pants. Don't understand their statement "The attached picture is exactly what he is wearing today."

http://bellevue.komonews.com/news/911/686937-update-police-search-missing-2-year-old-boy

I agree the story doesn't seem quite right but if she was trying to stage it I would have thought the mother would had done this staging in the middle of the night not during daylight hours.

When they said Indian, I thought Native American, due to the area. Stupid me. Indian isn't used anymore for Native Americans. So the baby is half Indian as in India. I note that a lot of people from Pakistan have that last name - Metalwala - as well. Pakistan and India are next to each other and many people in Pakistan are basically the same ethnically. Just India is mostly Hindi and Pakistan mostly Muslim.

It may not be relevant but I thought it might be of interest. Many people, when they think of Native American populations, think of alcohol abuse, drug addiction, poverty. But that does not apply here, necessarily.

:sigh: Those of you who know me and my background know I am more likely to hold out longer than most before pointing fingers but I gotta say that the this is not flying, in my mind. Even if there was nothing nefarious going on, she claims to have deliberately left a 2 year old in a car alone for at least an hour.

I, as always, hope that this child is found okay and that mom was not involved....but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Well, that is true. You've given me food for thought. Perhaps she did make a serious mistake. I suppose Sky could have been sleeping and she didn't want to wake him. I do believe a two year old could get out of a car seat as well. Not all, but some. Maybe he woke up, saw no one there, panicked and tried to get out. But who leaves their baby alone in an unlocked car for any length of time?

RUMOR ALERT: I read in one of the CNN article posts that the parents are in the middle of a divorce. The post is by SHARPestOne, posted 38 minutes ago or so as of the time I am editing this post which is 6:59 PST:http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/06/us/washington-missing-boy/index.html

I hadn't heard of this missing child case until I just saw a post on FB from King 5 News saying that the search has been suspended by police.

BELLEVUE, Wash. - Police suspended a search Sunday evening for a 2-year-old boy who disappeared from the 2400 block of 112th Ave N.E. on Sunday morning. But they are continuing to follow up on leads.

(more at link)

http://www.king5.com/home/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html?c=n1

Well, that is true. You've given me food for thought. Perhaps she did make a serious mistake. I suppose Sky could have been sleeping and she didn't want to wake him. I do believe a two year old could get out of a car seat as well. Not all, but some. Maybe he woke up, saw no one there, panicked and tried to get out. But who leaves their baby alone in an unlocked car for any length of time?

RUMOR ALERT: I read in one of the CNN article posts that the parents are in the middle of a divorce.

If there is a comment you want to direct people to, please post the link to the article and how to find the comment. Information without links (especially rumors) is not allowed.

I had read that she ran out of gas at 8AM. She returned an hour later and found Sky missing then notified Bellevue Police. So I assumed it was 9AM LE were called. Now,on the CNN link it reads LE was notified at 9:50. I wish there would be a briefing with the exact timeline.

Here is the CNN time:
"Approximately an hour later she returned to the vehicle and the baby was gone," police said in a statement. The boy was reported missing at 9:50 a.m.
Link
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/06/us/washington-missing-boy/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
The reason this so important is there are 3 churches within a 1/2 mile and 2 more in less than 1 mile. The intersection of 24th and 112th would have been
where many traveling to the churches would slow to make the turn. If indeed it was 9 AM there would have been numerous cars turning right at that exact point. There is no doubt in my mind especially with two children under 5 if she were to signal distress she would have been offered assistance immediately. What in the world caused her to use such poor judgement in leaving her two year old alone?

I hadn't heard of this missing child case until I just saw a post on FB from King 5 News saying that the search has been suspended by police.

BELLEVUE, Wash. - Police suspended a search Sunday evening for a 2-year-old boy who disappeared from the 2400 block of 112th Ave N.E. on Sunday morning. But they are continuing to follow up on leads.

(more at link)

http://www.king5.com/home/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html?c=n1

This news article states the parents are going though a divorce and the Father has not seen the child/children in months

If there is a comment you want to direct people to, please post the link to the article and how to find the comment. Information without links (especially rumors) is not allowed.

Oops! I edited it. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member